Page 15 of 55 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: General Gameplay & Battle Mechanics Thread

Right now I trying to work on the friend safari and I need more "friends" so here my code if anyone wants to posts theirs please do
    1590-5191-1028
    Pokemon White Team

It was rumored that shiny Pokemon are easier to obtain in this game. Any truth to this that people know of?

I had never caught a shiny before and I caught a shiny Meinfoo the night I got the game.
    My DWF: Houndour, Lickitung, Torkoal, Vulpix, Jynx, Tangela, Kanghaskan, Riolu, Mr. Mime, Eevee, Ralts, Abra, Sabeleye, Swablu, Nuzleaf, Crawdaunt

White FC: 4728-5167-7076

3DS FC (X): 1461-7514-0002

Friend Safari: Electric (Stunfisk, Emolga, Galvantula)

Add me and PM me and I will add you back for Friend Safari.

edit: got an answer, the switch will happen.

Has anyone tried what happens if you do the following:

Wifi-Battle
    Player A sends out Gengar.
    Player B sends out whatever.

Player A selects Mega Evolition and an attack.
    Player B selects switch Pokemon.

Which will go first?
    The Mega Evo, and thus activating Shadow Tag, preventing the switch, or the switch?
    Last edited by saldu; 14th October 2013 at 10:39 AM.

Does Electrify really work the way it sounds like it does, in that it forcibly changes the target's next attack into an Electric move if you move before them? That seems it could be abused to an extreme degree by a Pokemon with Volt Absorb or Lightningrod.

Also, I'm not sure why I didn't notice it earlier, but variable damage is gone now. That is, a move that hits for say, 10 damage, will now always hit for 10 damage assuming no stat changes occurred on either end. I'm honestly not sure whether to view that as a good thing or a bad thing, though.
    Last edited by Rakurai; 14th October 2013 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Does Electrify really work the way it sounds like it does, in that it forcibly changes the target's next attack into an Electric move if you move before them? That seems it could be abused to an extreme degree by a Pokemon with Volt Absorb or Lightningrod.

Also, I'm not sure why I didn't notice it earlier, but variable damage is gone now. That is, a move that hits for say, 10 damage, will now always hit for 10 damage assuming no stat changes occurred on either end. I'm honestly not sure whether to view that as a good thing or a bad thing, though.
    Or if you're Electivire and u abuse it to raise your speed Its good and bad really, if your faster then it's good for you as it makes u harder to kill but it's bad if you're on the receiving end because it stops u from possibly killing them.
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the amazing banner.

Pokegyms Ice leader. Masters league Steel leader.

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

I love the game and all but are you guys having framerate issues during battles even with the 3d off?
    Pokemon performing their attacks are smooth but when the battle starts and the touchscreen buttons appear it slows down for a second. The framerate drops are more apparent when the screen shows two pokemon at the same time?
    Am I the only one having this thing? My friend told me to change the SD card I have (the free one). Will it help?

Quote Originally Posted by Kronus09 View Post
    I love the game and all but are you guys having framerate issues during battles even with the 3d off?
    Pokemon performing their attacks are smooth but when the battle starts and the touchscreen buttons appear it slows down for a second. The framerate drops are more apparent when the screen shows two pokemon at the same time?
    Am I the only one having this thing? My friend told me to change the SD card I have (the free one). Will it help?
    No, it probably won't. It is a common issue.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, *******, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by HostileKangaroo View Post
    It was rumored that shiny Pokemon are easier to obtain in this game. Any truth to this that people know of?

I had never caught a shiny before and I caught a shiny Meinfoo the night I got the game.
    I caught a shiny Drifloon when I had only one gym badge. I don't know if that says anything.

Quote Originally Posted by ovidkid View Post
    Right now I trying to work on the friend safari and I need more "friends" so here my code if anyone wants to posts theirs please do
    1590-5191-1028
    3265-5531-6406 Going the same way. Did any of your contacts have a Ivysaur?

If you wish to exchange 3DS Friend Codes, please use our Official 3DS Friend Code Exchange Thread.
    Or PM each other.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Apparently there is a glitch that is causing Eggs to appear in PC boxes. The video is here and the thread is here.

Edit: Also, you can apparently get "seen" data in a café in Laverre City. Not that it matters much. It is probably to showcase the models.
    Last edited by Trainer Yusuf; 14th October 2013 at 3:19 PM.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, *******, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Man this game is so much easier than the other one's, yet it's more awesome at the same time. I dunno if I just wonder around in wild battles a lot, but my team always remains 15-20 levels higher than the NPCs. I'm on my 6th badge right now, and my Delphox is level 70. I dunno if I recall that happening in any other game. Maybe the fact that you actually get EXP when you capture Pokemon now helps things a lot.
    I'm Neriifur, and I'm friggen awesome.

- - Pokemon X Team - -

IGN: Neriifur FC: 1220 7186 9298 | SV 1033 |

Pokemon Breeder | Trainer | Artist.

My Shiny Pokemon Tumblr!

I'm a little nervous, I've heard there's a glitch where if you save in Lumiose City outside and then turn on/off your game, it'll completely reset. Is there any truth to this?

Who cares about cookies? Come to the Light Side, we have CUPCAKES!

Animal Crossing: New Leaf Dream Code: 7100-3458-5872

Quote Originally Posted by Neriifur View Post
    Man this game is so much easier than the other one's, yet it's more awesome at the same time. I dunno if I just wonder around in wild battles a lot, but my team always remains 15-20 levels higher than the NPCs. I'm on my 6th badge right now, and my Delphox is level 70. I dunno if I recall that happening in any other game. Maybe the fact that you actually get EXP when you capture Pokemon now helps things a lot.
    And (almost certainly) another victim of the exp share.
    It gives 71% bonus exp with a full team of 6 pokemon and 1 pokemon battling.
    I can't even begin to imagine why they would implement it in such a way.

Quote Originally Posted by HostileKangaroo View Post

I sort of think it has myself, but there's no proof of such. It could just be how many people are playing the game and how easy it is to spread news with social networks and the forums here making it appear as though more people are finding Shiny Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronus09 View Post
    Yes, everyone has those framerate issues. You will have them whether you have the 3D on or off, as the game is always rendering in 3D. The only thing you're changing with the slider is whether you can see it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Neriifur View Post
    It's definitely a lot easier to maintain high levels, as long as you fight all the trainers you wont have any issues at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Chibi_Muffin View Post
    I'm a little nervous, I've heard there's a glitch where if you save in Lumiose City outside and then turn on/off your game, it'll completely reset. Is there any truth to this?
    This is the first I've heard of this, so I highly doubt it's true.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Rototiller:
    Tilling the soil, the user makes it easier for plants to grow. This raises the Attack and Sp. Atk stats of Grass-type Pokémon.

Flower Shield:
    The user raises the Defense stat of all Grass-type Pokémon in battle with a mysterious power.

Flower Veil:
    Prevents lowering of ally Grass-type Pokémon's stats.

This generation added some abilities and moves that are specially designed for Grass type Pokemon. I wonder if they see grass as a type that needs support and it is a result of it. I understand that those flower move and ability are associated with Florges and the concept of fairies being protectors of nature. I think it would make sense Grass to resist Fairy, if we think it like they can't harm nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixfatih View Post
    Rototiller:
    Tilling the soil, the user makes it easier for plants to grow. This raises the Attack and Sp. Atk stats of Grass-type Pokémon.

Flower Shield:
    The user raises the Defense stat of all Grass-type Pokémon in battle with a mysterious power.

Flower Veil:
    Prevents lowering of ally Grass-type Pokémon's stats.

This generation added some abilities and moves that are specially designed for Grass type Pokemon. I wonder if they see grass as a type that needs support and it is a result of it. I understand that those flower move and ability are associated with Florges and the concept of fairies being protectors of nature. I think it would make sense Grass to resist Fairy, if we think it like they can't harm nature.
    Not only those, but Grassy Terrain also raises the power of Grass type attacks by 50% according to a Trainer Tips sign.

It is quite honestly baffling how people are saying that they've spent 20+ hours and still haven't gotten the second gym badge. Meanwhile I'm up to the sixth gym after about 19 hours, and I usually take the time to explore every route, enter every building, talk to every person, and battle every trainer. I don't even understand what you could be doing for 20 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by noobers View Post
    It is quite honestly baffling how people are saying that they've spent 20+ hours and still haven't gotten the second gym badge. Meanwhile I'm up to the sixth gym after about 19 hours, and I usually take the time to explore every route, enter every building, talk to every person, and battle every trainer. I don't even understand what you could be doing for 20 hours.
    EV Training, capturing pokemon, breeding, wonder trading. there is a lot of stuff to do
    I am capable of manipulating matter on a subatomic level by speaking. A mere flick of my finger is sufficient to alter the gravitational pull of the planet. I shelve physics texts under "fiction" in my personal library. I consider the Laws of Thermodynamics loose guidelines, at best. In short, I am grasping the reins of the universe's carriage, and every morning I wake up, look the heavens and shout "Giddy up, boy!" You may never grasp the complexities of what I do, but at least have the common courtesy to feign something other than slack-jawed oblivion in my presence. I, sir, am a wizard, and I break more natural laws before breakfast than of which you are even aware.
    -Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick. (with all due respect to Rich Burlew)

There's lots to do, I clocked 13 hours before reaching the third Gym. Checking out what Pokemon are available, exploring all the routes, talking to everyone. Etc.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I've beaten the champion by 19 hours. Some have done it before 15. If you don't go out of your way to try and catch and train everything the game breezes by.

4 Badges, 44 hours. (got the game on wednesday)

About 15 hours actual progress.
    About 5 hours of supertraining (3 max EV pokemon).
    About 1 hour maxing my Eevee/Sylveon's Pokemon Amie stats.
    About 10 hours breeding/trading.
    About 5 hours random battling/battling friends.
    About 6 hours catching pokemon.
    About 1 hour viewing, zooming in and rotating the 3D models of various pokemon in the pokedex.
    About 1 hour making a very detailed, high production value trainer PR video after I got an extremely nice outfit from the super expensive store. (if you wanna the video, pm me your Friendcode, I'll pm back)

Note that I instantly disabled the cheat called "EXP Share", which most people sadly leave on.
    It gives 3.5 times the exp you'd get without it. Don't.

Current Pokedex count (on the startup screen, i.g. total seen, not owned): 242
    Last edited by saldu; 14th October 2013 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by saldu View Post
    Note that I instantly disabled the cheat called "EXP Share", which most people sadly leave on.
    It gives 3.5 times the exp you'd get without it. Don't.
    It's... not a cheat...

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    It's... not a cheat...
    It's a built-in cheat to help newer players have an easier time.
    Yet most veteran players don't disable it and cry over a too easy/too short game.

Past Exp Shares did what their name suggests. They shared exp. They didn't magically generate exp out of thin air.

Quote Originally Posted by saldu View Post
    It's a built-in cheat to help newer players have an easier time.
    Yet most veteran players don't disable it and cry over a too easy/too short game.

Past Exp Shares did what their name suggests. They shared exp. They didn't magically generate exp out of thin air.
    It is not a cheat, nor is it THAT good. Also, when have the pokemon games EVER been hard?
    I am capable of manipulating matter on a subatomic level by speaking. A mere flick of my finger is sufficient to alter the gravitational pull of the planet. I shelve physics texts under "fiction" in my personal library. I consider the Laws of Thermodynamics loose guidelines, at best. In short, I am grasping the reins of the universe's carriage, and every morning I wake up, look the heavens and shout "Giddy up, boy!" You may never grasp the complexities of what I do, but at least have the common courtesy to feign something other than slack-jawed oblivion in my presence. I, sir, am a wizard, and I break more natural laws before breakfast than of which you are even aware.
    -Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick. (with all due respect to Rich Burlew)

Page 15 of 55 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast