Page 27 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: General Gameplay & Battle Mechanics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by dark_kitty091 View Post
    I know this game has gotten pretty great reviews, but I'm a bit let down. Is it just me, or is there practically zero post game? The Friend Safari and Battle Maison are cool, but apart from that there's not much else. There's less legendaries to catch, and it appears that the random swarms on certain routes each day are gone, as well as other non-region specific pokemon now popping up in the wild outside of the safari. There's only one new town to visit, and no new routes to speak of. This wouldn't be such a letdown if it wasn't that in comparison, Black and White 2 basically had half the map left to explore and a slew of legionaries (the Regis, Mespirit and that trio, latios in the dreamyard, and more). There were also more long-term battling options (the Battle Subway, daily ship AND Black Tower/ White Tree hollow). Other games have also contained a lengthier post-game featuring at least a couple new towns and routes (and of course there's the beloved double regions from Gold/Silver).
    I know part of the reason the game might be shorter is space taken up by the improved graphics and 3d and such. But did the postgame really have to be that skimpy? Or am I just missing something big? Other people seem in love with this new game, but I'm just "meh."
    I completely agree. I hope Nintendo hasn't hit the point where it is willing to reduce the first two games in order to make the third ones sell better or seem much better in comparison.

But I guess we have been spoiled with Black and White 2

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fighting View Post
    Is Join Avenue still in the game or anything similar?
    No more Join Avenue. I miss it.

Of all the first main series games, Gold/Silver were the only ones that could be considered to have a decent amount of postgame content.

All of the others just had an area to catch a new legendary Pokemon in, a basic battle facility (For gen 3 onwards, obviously), and sometimes a minor sidequest to complete.

I'm having trouble figuring out easy ways to make a lot of money other than battling the elite four over and over again. Also, raising my pokemon to level 100.
    In Black and White 2, I had join Avenue and the Elite Four to help me easily level up my pokemon to 100. Any tips?

Pokemon Y FC: 1220-6681-3236
    My Safari Pokemon: Gogoat, Ivysaur, and Oddish

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    This is almost always the case with the first two games. There's pretty much always next to no post game.
    I agree that Black and White 2 had more post game than regular Black and White, and that Platinum had more than Diamond and Pearl, Emerald more than Ruby and Sapphire and Crystal more than Gold/Silver. But I still feel like the original 2 in those sets had comparatively more post game than what we're seeing in X and Y. Not a TON (with the obvious exception being Kanto in Gold/Silver) but at least a few more routes, cities and legendaries than we have here.

Quote Originally Posted by PKMN Trainer Tee View Post
    I'm having trouble figuring out easy ways to make a lot of money other than battling the elite four over and over again. Also, raising my pokemon to level 100.
    In Black and White 2, I had join Avenue and the Elite Four to help me easily level up my pokemon to 100. Any tips?
    I've found that I've made a decent amount of money at the Battle Chateau. The trainers there pay well, especially if you put the amulet coin on the lead pokemon. You can also use a writ, which will make the trainers all have a bunch more money than usual (you have to pay for the writ, but it's a net gain in the end). There's also a writ that lets you up the trainers' levels all by 20, which can be useful for experience. But I agree that pokemon raising post elite 4 seems more tricky in this game. In Black and White 2 I always used the stadiums since you could repeat those trainers each day.

Quote Originally Posted by PKMN Trainer Tee View Post
    The Lumiose Restaurants. In Restaurant Le Wow (3 stars) Equip an amulet coin, spend 100k to dine, and if you complete all the battles on time you'll leave with about 200k including the 20+ balm mushroom bonus the waitress will give you, which sell for a lot. It gets tedious, but it's faster and easier than the E4. I suspect High Roller Sushi (which costs 500k) will give you an even greater profit, but I haven't tried it yet.
    My FC for Pokemon X is 4613-7473-3829.

Quote Originally Posted by alejandrawr View Post
    The Lumiose Restaurants. In Restaurant Le Wow (3 stars) Equip an amulet coin, spend 100k to dine, and if you complete all the battles on time you'll leave with about 200k including the 20+ balm mushroom bonus the waitress will give you, which sell for a lot. It gets tedious, but it's faster and easier than the E4. I suspect High Roller Sushi (which costs 500k) will give you an even greater profit, but I haven't tried it yet.
    Is there a mushroom freak like in Black/White 2 who will buy the mushrooms for a much higher price than the regular Pokemon center store?
    Now playing Pokemon X. Add me!

Friend Code: 4897-7120-5734

Is there a mushroom freak like in Black/White 2 who will buy the mushrooms for a much higher price than the regular Pokemon center store?
    There is not.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by alejandrawr View Post
    High Roller Sushi give much less money... i used amulet coin AND O-POWER, when i sold all big nuggets I was on -50k ...

Wonder how they intend on releasing the hidden abilities for Pokemon like Clauncher and Dragalge that don't appear in the Friend Safari.

The latter supposedly has Adaptability as its hidden ability, which would make for some beastly Draco Meteors.
    Last edited by Rakurai; 23rd October 2013 at 1:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Wonder how they intend on releasing the hidden abilities for Pokemon like Clauncher and Dragalge that don't appear in the Friend Safari.

The latter supposedly has Adaptability as its hidden ability, which would for some beastly Draco Meteors.
    Maybe through a special event? I remember for Black and White 2 they had a Gothorita with a hidden ability as a bonus if you bought the guide.

I've noticed that so far, all of the berry tree pairs that have been able to cause mutations have the same shape of fruit as one another.

I guess this could serve as a way to figure out what mutations can be obtained from the stat boosting berries like Leichi and such.

with wonder trade someone should start a wonder challenge thats where you play through the game using only pokemon you got in wonder trade
    Fire red team
    Emerald team
    Platinum team
    HG team
    Black 2 team
    Pokemon X Team

3DS FC: 3153-4454-8518

pokedex: complete -

Quote Originally Posted by mew 2000 View Post
    with wonder trade someone should start a wonder challenge thats where you play through the game using only pokemon you got in wonder trade
    I am actually planning on doing that on my next play through

Quote Originally Posted by tquinnhunsaker View Post
    I am actually planning on doing that on my next play through
    I would have a bunch of Bunnelbys.... and a zorua!!! So happy - I traded a pikachu I wanted to get rid of from my accumulated bunch from looking for light balls, and I got a zorua!

You know you're looking after your berry fields when you're regularly getting harvests of 14-17 berries from each tree

All credit to SM of Daedric Design for this awesome banner!

Y Team: Talonflame, Roserade, Aegislash, Goodra, Blaziken, Greninja
    3DS Friend Code: 1160 - 9940 - 3351
    Rock Type Friend Safari: Nosepass, Onix and Barbaracle.
    I has officially claimed

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Of all the first main series games, Gold/Silver were the only ones that could be considered to have a decent amount of postgame content.

All of the others just had an area to catch a new legendary Pokemon in, a basic battle facility (For gen 3 onwards, obviously), and sometimes a minor sidequest to complete.
    D/P had the Battleground which was essentially a smaller region, B/W had the latter half of the region, and both regions had allowed for larger post-game variety Pokémon, be it through swarms or Poké Radar. Now that Kalos Dex is extremely large, there wasn't much point to add those additional locations, and since both regions didn't have any true post-E4 sidequests(Sage hunting would be better if we see consequences of the event besides Rood and Zinzolin, and to much lesser extent Gorm. Or at least battle the sages. And Buck's journey for Heatran was completely non-conclusive to the point that the animé denied the fact that Heatran was a legendary.), their primary post-E4 "sidequest" is considered to be outright non-existant.

As a personal anectode I absolutely adored the fact that I could see incredibly gimped previous Generation Pokémon in Unova(Level 50 Metapod will live on my heart forever), especially the trade evolutions I couldn't obtain, but I can see why "catching them all" isn't quite as special for others.
    Maybe through a special event? I remember for Black and White 2 they had a Gothorita with a hidden ability as a bonus if you bought the guide.
    There is little point on doing that, because the new breeding mechanics means that that Pokémon is not special under any other condition. You can just breed endless copies of it. If they do that, they will need to add more bells and whistles to it, hence why the event Torchic's main selling point is Blazikenite.

Of course, this is still a great marketing tactic to force on the later games, as Black 2/White 2 proves. But there is little point in event distribution, save for the legendaries.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

So... did it strikes anyone that GF could be pulling the water level changes by season mechanic on the whole Kalos region, or at least in Dendemille Town?
    Because I just reached the town and that's the impression I got. There seems to be some extra bits of area that that connect the road to the river and some of the stones seem to be there to restrict surf area.

Is it so obvious that I can't find anything on it or am I just imagining things?

Quote Originally Posted by Niello View Post
    So... did it strikes anyone that GF could be pulling the water level changes by season mechanic on the whole Kalos region, or at least in Dendemille Town?
    Because I just reached the town and that's the impression I got. There seems to be some extra bits of area that that connect the road to the river and some of the stones seem to be there to restrict surf area.

Is it so obvious that I can't find anything on it or am I just imagining things?
    Quite confident you're just imagining things.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

If you re-challenge the Elite Four, have their levels gone up or have any of their pokemon changed/expanded like in some previous games?

If you re-challenge the Elite Four, have their levels gone up or have any of their pokemon changed/expanded like in some previous games?
    Nothing changes. You can battle them in the Battle Chateau, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Yusuf View Post

The new breeding mechanics means that that Pokémon is not special under any other condition. You can just breed endless copies of it. If they do that, they will need to add more bells and whistles to it, hence why the event Torchic's main selling point is Blazikenite.
    Wassat? Can somebody explain the breeding changes to me?

Wassat? Can somebody explain the breeding changes to me?
    http://www.serebii.net/xy/breeding.shtml

Hey guys, there are 4 things I want know:

1- How is destiny knot working? I never could transfer all 5 IVs of the pokémon that is holding the item to the pokémon hatched.

2-Now it is easy transfer hidden habilities by breeding, but does it work among different species? If I breed a gyarados (with moxie) and shelgon, is there any chance to hatch a bagon with hidden hability?

3-I made everything I knew to max my style (I can buy mega stones and access the sushi restaurant), got all 16 O-powers, but can't find the hatching O-power at introversion cafe. What is wrong?

4-My Kanto starter was Charmander (my version is Y) and after E4 I bought a mega stone to Blastoise and Venussaur. Though I would like get another Charizardite Y to trade for a X, but the guy in stone emporium doesn't sell this mega stone. If I trade my Charizardite Y and lose it, will he sell another equal stone?

Page 27 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast