Page 33 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread: General Gameplay & Battle Mechanics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    Is it back to the old way?

^I love the buff.
    Yeah, it is back. Your level doesn't affect how much EXP you get anymore, it seems. Which really bothers me. More so than Low Sweep missing out on the Technician boost that made it so good on Breloom. Can't believe I didn't notice until now.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Is it just
    me or does dynamic punch not confuse anymore? My aerodactyl go hit by a gurrdurr's dynamic punch in the battle maison and it didn't get confused...also, those battle are COMPLETELY rigged...there was a rhydon with quick claw that had it work three times in a row taking out my whole team...also, is there a held item that block physical attacks because I also fought this golbat with a dragonite...dragon claw kept on missing nonstop but Ice beam hit every time...or are these glitches?
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Omega Ruby Team:

Quote Originally Posted by XXD17 View Post
    Is it just
    me or does dynamic punch not confuse anymore? My aerodactyl go hit by a gurrdurr's dynamic punch in the battle maison and it didn't get confused...also, those battle are COMPLETELY rigged...there was a rhydon with quick claw that had it work three times in a row taking out my whole team...also, is there a held item that block physical attacks because I also fought this golbat with a dragonite...dragon claw kept on missing nonstop but Ice beam hit every time...or are these glitches?
    I thought the same thing, but then I remembered Sheer Force. It had to have Sheer Force. As far as rigged battles for me, I had a Noivern crit and flinch my Pokemon with Dragon Pulse at the same time (must have had a King's Rock). The next turn, no crit or flinch, but then my Fire Blast missed. Not the worst hax I've experienced, but still awful.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Low sweep no longer receives the technician boost, but that buffed rock tomb does.
    It does the same thing as low sweep; 60 BP, 95 accuracy, lowers speed 100% of the time on those hit. It can be a new toy for Breloom to play with on nailing fire, ice, bugs, and if lucky, flying types. Power-up punch is also an option.

I don' know how old this is, but Togekiss can;t learn Moonblast. I just found that out. I mean, what!? Why not!?

Name: Flare
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Planned Pokemon Y Team:

Planned Pokemon X Team:

3DS FC is: 1220 7327 1929. Feel free to add me!

Why is the strange souvenir a banned item at battle facilitys?
    Catch a wyrmeon and it will grant your wildest dreams!

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Man, some of these Mega Evolutions are impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrmeon View Post
    Why is the strange souvenir a banned item at battle facilitys?
    Well, the only other banned item is Soul Dew so...
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Heartlessangel17 View Post
    I don' know how old this is, but Togekiss can;t learn Moonblast. I just found that out. I mean, what!? Why not!?
    Probably because the move having 60% chance to lower special attack because of Serene Grace would've been too broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuneko View Post
    Low sweep no longer receives the technician boost, but that buffed rock tomb does.
    It does the same thing as low sweep; 60 BP, 95 accuracy, lowers speed 100% of the time on those hit. It can be a new toy for Breloom to play with on nailing fire, ice, bugs, and if lucky, flying types. Power-up punch is also an option.
    That is true, but it's a tad bit less powerful than Low Sweep was, purely from a power perspective. Power-up Punch could be an option, but Breloom would have to make space in its moveset, possibly dropping Spore.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Yusuf View Post
    Well, the only other banned item is Soul Dew so...
    How hilarious would it be if the souvenir was the soul dew stand in

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    How hilarious would it be if the souvenir was the soul dew stand in
    I guess we can speculate that the strange souvenir is a hold item for another legendary? There's still quite a bit of stuff hidden in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuneko View Post
    I guess we can speculate that the strange souvenir is a hold item for another legendary? There's still quite a bit of stuff hidden in the game.
    I joke but I doubt it.

Usually if an item will do something for a Pokemon, the description would mention it specifically (ie: Soul Dew mentions boosting Latios & Latias' special stats by 50%). You see this in trade evolution items ("Loved by a certain Pokemon"), too.

I joke but I doubt it.

Usually if an item will do something for a Pokemon, the description would mention it specifically (ie: Soul Dew mentions boosting Latios & Latias' special stats by 50%). You see this in trade evolution items ("Loved by a certain Pokemon"), too.
    It does make you wonder why it's banned if it's not supposed to be used like that, though.

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask this, but has anyone done any research on the pickup ability? currently slowly leveling a pickup pokemon to 100 to see if anything changed, but thought someone might have more info.

Sorry if wrong thread
    3DS Friend Code: 5215 0488 4663
    Pokemon X Safari: Rock Dwebble, Magcargo and Barbarcle

Quote Originally Posted by Minavi View Post
    Not sure if this is the right thread to ask this, but has anyone done any research on the pickup ability? currently slowly leveling a pickup pokemon to 100 to see if anything changed, but thought someone might have more info.

Sorry if wrong thread
    Serebii posted a page about it on the front page earlier today

Serebii posted a page about it on the front page earlier today
    Ah thanks! Not sure how I missed that =/
    3DS Friend Code: 5215 0488 4663
    Pokemon X Safari: Rock Dwebble, Magcargo and Barbarcle

Has anyone tried checking the Pokemon movesets of the AI partners in the Battle Maison to see if they have any new egg moves?

This seems like it could potentially be a much faster method of figuring out what some new egg moves for certain Pokemon are then doing random guesswork while breeding.

Anyway, this might have been asked before, but what do you guys think about the competitive balancing so far? It probably needs a few adjustments here and there, but I think they did okay on it. It will probably bump some tiers around, that's for sure.
    Steel types losing its resistances to ghost and dark types, but gaining an advantage against fairies. Metagross and Bronzong will have 2 more weaknesses to exploit. Excadrill will also lose some of his bulk because of this, but will be pretty good on killing fairies.
    The popular dragons will lose some of their niche in OU and ubers. Steel and poison type attacks will be more prominent. Overall, there's a distinct pro and con on every Pokemon. But I suppose it's good like that because it seems to be more dependent on strategy and team building to cover each other's blind spots. Of course, there are still low base stat pokemon and moves, but those are probably there just for progression.

Espeon is still one of my top favorites. Magic bounce is still useful to prevent being statused or an opponent setting up hazards. But it seems less effective now because bouncing certain effects won't do much. Like for instance, grass types are immune to their own status moves, so bouncing back leech seed, stun/sleep/spore won't ultimately screw them over, oh well. But Espeon can learn Dazzling gleam from TM, so it gives it a pretty decent way to deal with dark and dragon types. Hydreigon is going to have to watch out for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Has anyone tried checking the Pokemon movesets of the AI partners in the Battle Maison to see if they have any new egg moves?

This seems like it could potentially be a much faster method of figuring out what some new egg moves for certain Pokemon are then doing random guesswork while breeding.
    Ooh, that sounds like an interesting idea. I imagine most people haven't bothered to check since that's kinda dull, but I might check a few myself and see if I can find something new.

As for the above points, it's interesting you point out Excadrill. With the much appreciated weather nerf, I feel like Excadrill won't be banned this time around. Without the endless sandstorms, I feel like he'll return to OU and stay there.

Seems as though there's only two possible movesets for each Pokemon, based on whether they're being used by a male or female partner respectively.

That kind of kills the chances of learning any interesting moves from this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Seems as though there's only two possible movesets for each Pokemon, based on whether they're being used by a male or female partner respectively.

That kind of kills the chances of learning any interesting moves from this.
    Ah, really? Well, that's quite underwhelming. There's not a chance any of them have their hidden ability, is there? Though I imagine we already know most hidden abilities at this point, even those that may have changed.

I saw an Aurorus with Snow Warning, so they can have their hidden abilities.

I joke but I doubt it.

Given how it seems like it's going to be expanded on in future games, perhaps it's just banned preemptively until the Pokemon that can use it becomes available, or whatever its case may be?

Can the Strange Souvenir be stolen?

Out of curiosity, has anyone noticed Sweet Scent or the Honey just never brings up certain hordes?

I was trying to get the Tailow horde on Route 8 & the Plusle (+ Minun) horde on Route 5, but even after spamming both Honeys and Sweet Scent for probably well over an hour combined I never once saw either of them.
    Is it just me? Do I seriously have that bad luck?

I have not been able to force out Plusle/Minun or Taillow hordes, either.

In fact I didn't even know Taillow was horde possible until looking it up for some other reason. >_>

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

Page 33 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast