Page 35 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Thread: General Gameplay & Battle Mechanics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    So, to those who've played a lot of Battle Maison:

Can Pokemon there Mega Evolve; at least, has anyone seen it happen?
    R Inanimate reported that the movesets are more or less exactly the same as Gen V, including items. The only major change is that ALL Elemental Gems are replaced by different items.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Actually makes sense, I haven't come across a single elemental gem in the game yet.

Kind of sad that they introduced a whole bunch of new items and then just removed them in the next generation. Make up your miiiind Game Freak.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverevilchao View Post
    Actually makes sense, I haven't come across a single elemental gem in the game yet.
    Normal Gem actually exist in this game, I have one. Unfortunately I forgot to take note on where did I found it ._.

I don't think we'll be able to obtain the rest of the gems soon, though.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Kind of sad that they introduced a whole bunch of new items and then just removed them in the next generation. Make up your miiiind Game Freak.
    Outside what Shine said, they still exist in Global Link, and Fairy Gem exists in Global Link's and therefore games' coding.

Though unless they are obtainable through smashable rocks, they are clearly stored for the next games alongside other non-obsolete items such as regional escape items, regional foods, Sacred Ash, Soul Dew, this generations' fossils(now with the ability to get multiple of them), the berries mentioned by Prima guide, event berries, and potentially Odd Keystone and shards along with flutes.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Yusuf View Post
    Outside what Shine said, they still exist in Global Link, and Fairy Gem exists in Global Link's and therefore games' coding.

Though unless they are obtainable through smashable rocks, they are clearly stored for the next games alongside other non-obsolete items such as regional escape items, regional foods, Sacred Ash, Soul Dew, this generations' fossils(now with the ability to get multiple of them), the berries mentioned by Prima guide, event berries, and potentially Odd Keystone and shards along with flutes.
    I'm confused. The Global Link for me has been a glorified Pokemon-oriented Facebook...there's items on there? Aside from the stuff that you can get via Pokemiles (that are the same as the ones ingame)?

I'm confused. The Global Link for me has been a glorified Pokemon-oriented Facebook...there's items on there? Aside from the stuff that you can get via Pokemiles (that are the same as the ones ingame)?
    The site keeps the pictures of the items in the same numbers as the game. What is numbered in the Global Link keeps the number in the game and vice versa. People have managed to obtain all of the pictures inside it, including placeholder images for AZ's Floette and Vivillon forms(and Spewpa/Scatterbug related to those forms) and two currently unknown items.

Ohhhh, right. That makes more sense, given that the vast, vast majority of the images are blatantly reused from 5th gen Global Link (which...ughhhhhhhhh some of that Pokemon art is ugly). They could just have them up there because the people running the site did a nice cp on the folder with all of the images on it lol

Interesting. Wonder why they would change that, of all things? But yeah, in my 85~ish win streak, I never saw a Mega Evolution occur. I actually didn't see many trainers spamming legendaries, and all of those that did were Veterans. Subway did have certain other trainers like Gentlemen and Ace Trainers use them from time to time, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. This is just observation, so I could be wrong there.

On a similar note, yay for Cresseilia not being Fairy type. I would not have liked fighting that.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Help: do you think togekiss is good in the competitive field, now that it is a fairy type (I mean).

__________________________________________________ _
    Pokemon X Version Friend Code: 5043 3821 1755

Wasn't Togekiss a pretty good Pokemon competitively beforehand?

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I mean now. If it has changed tier... or if it is better... Good choice in OU or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Shard View Post
    I mean now. If it has changed tier... or if it is better... Good choice in OU or not?
    The tiers are not exactly established yet because the metagame isn't exactly complete. But yes, Togekiss is considered to be a good choice for OU.

what about SALAMENCE... Do you think it will go down now?

Wasn't Togekiss OU before? Or, at least in 4th gen, right? Darn... I am really rusty when it comes to competitive play, somehow I can remember more from gen IV than I do from V.
    Looking for ANY legit Diancie! I have various things for trade. Please PM/VM if you have one.

FC: 5284 2722 8575

P o k e m o n A l p h a S a p p h i r e

Spoiler:- personality tests, quiz results etc.:

Quote Originally Posted by vedil View Post
    Wasn't Togekiss OU before? Or, at least in 4th gen, right? Darn... I am really rusty when it comes to competitive play, somehow I can remember more from gen IV than I do from V.
    It dropped from OU to UU in the transition to 5th Gen, but I'm a little fuzzy on the details. I know that Jirachi was far more popular with as a Serene Grace abuser, but I don't think that was all of it. I think people may have simply not used it much last gen, but I think it was still a viable Pokemon in OU. Now though, it has a good possibility of being OU, even without Moonblast.

As for Salamence, I doubt Fairies are going to stop him from being OU. Those stats and moves are too good for anything below it, but I suppose anything is possible, except NU or RU. No way Salamence will come close to that.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

i really love how much more fluid the gameplay is. The exp share is a great improvement my party grew so fast the only downside is that it made the game much easier not that i'm complaining. i love certain pokemon expressions when they're attacking.
    bushie
    white fc:2581 7084 0443
    soul silver fc: 4298 8231 5702
    WHITE 2 FC : 3182 9975 4292
    3ds fc: 4356 0302 3712
    HERE WE GO EAGLES

According to some people, it dropped because there were many things that can threaten it. It's overall pretty slow, being weak to stealth rock, priority/faster ice move users (particularly Mamoswine), and being Normal/Flying typing didn't help it too much either. I guess the only thing going for it was thunder wave and flinch hax support. I like using Togekiss myself.

But anyway, with this new generation giving it a fairy/flying typing, it can stand its ground a little more as its able to afford being more bulky. It can potentially check or even counter most dragons, and especially be a thorn at Garchomp's side since Togekiss is immune to both its stabs. Also with Sticky web/tail wind support, Togekiss can pull off its flinch hax support much easier even without Thunder wave.
    Last edited by Kitsuneko; 4th November 2013 at 12:34 AM.

In 4th gen I actually found Togekiss hilariously useful against most legendaries. I was able to spam a Groudon so thoroughly with Air Slash that it never got to attack.

And even in 5th gen, I managed to piss someone off in the last online tournament so hard with my Togekiss that they forfeited the match.

In 4th gen I actually found Togekiss hilariously useful against most legendaries. I was able to spam a Groudon so thoroughly with Air Slash that it never got to attack.

And even in 5th gen, I managed to piss someone off in the last online tournament so hard with my Togekiss that they forfeited the match.
    Yeah, Togekiss was definitely amazing in 4th gen especially aganist legendaries. I love my Togekiss, I remember having a double battle on PBR and someone using Dialga and Palkia and I only had my Togekiss left... and won. Since that day, I kind of love it more, haha.

I actually didn't think about the new potential of oldmon before I started reading this thread and smogon forums about the matter (maybe except the obvious Blaziken because of it's spam on WiFi) but now you guys make me very eager to use my prized Togekiss in 6th gen. Now, just to wait for PokeBank.
    Looking for ANY legit Diancie! I have various things for trade. Please PM/VM if you have one.

FC: 5284 2722 8575

P o k e m o n A l p h a S a p p h i r e

Spoiler:- personality tests, quiz results etc.:

Togekiss is immune to both of Garchomp's STABs, I just realized.
    Pretty sure Iron Head/Poison Jab will still put a massive dent/KO on Toge, though.

Togekiss is a solid counter to SubSDChomp so yes, it is definitely better with it's new Fairy typing.

Quote Originally Posted by RoySceptile View Post
    Togekiss is immune to both of Garchomp's STABs, I just realized.
    Pretty sure Iron Head/Poison Jab will still put a massive dent/KO on Toge, though.
    If I did the math correctly, this is how effective M-Garchomp's Poison Jab is:
    252 Atk Garchomp Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Togekiss: 222-262 (59.35 - 70.05%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Iron Head
    252 Atk Sand Force Garchomp Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Togekiss in sand: 288-340 (77 - 90.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after weather

(Assuming Naive nature. If Adamant, or +Atk nature, you have a 6.25% chance of OHKOing through Iron Head. Damage range: 84.49%-100%)

If this question does not belong here, than please redirect me to the appropriate forum.

I am breeding a Wobbuffet, but since I want it to have Encore, one of the parents needs to hold a Lax Incense, therefore I cannot have either parent hold an Everstone (Lax Incense and Destiny Knot).
    On the recommended set for Wobbuffet, a Bold nature is mentioned, for the Defense boost. I have hatched an Impish Wobbuffet, which also increases Defense.

Should I settle for the Impish nature, or is having a Bold nature over an Impish nature a really big deal?

JEREMY
    2DS Friend Code: 0834 2371 7806

Quote Originally Posted by WhyBuffet View Post
    Should I settle for the Impish nature, or is having a Bold nature over an Impish nature a really big deal?
    Considering that Wobbuffet has no actual offensive stats or moves, there is no point in changing the nature, as long as the IVs are sufficient.

Page 35 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast