Page 37 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Thread: General Gameplay & Battle Mechanics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Spektor View Post
    Do you have to be online for the 3rd friend safari pokemon to show up? Vice versa?
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowF View Post
    I think so, that is what everyone is telling me.
    The way it works is that the other person has to be online at the same time as you for your game to register their character in your in-game friends list. once they're registered fully and you see the third pokemon slot available, they no longer have to be online for you to find the third pokemon. And as for hidden abilities, I have been able to find and catch hidden ability pokemon without the person who's friend safari i'm in being online.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Quote Originally Posted by weavile606 View Post
    The way it works is that the other person has to be online at the same time as you for your game to register their character in your in-game friends list. once they're registered fully and you see the third pokemon slot available, they no longer have to be online for you to find the third pokemon. And as for hidden abilities, I have been able to find and catch hidden ability pokemon without the person who's friend safari i'm in being online.
    I see. Bumber. I was trying to get a chansey and couldnt. Though i did run into a shiny aipom so not to bad. Thanks for the reply
    Link to my 4th/5th Gen Shop
    Pocket Monsters Stop Shop

Friend Safari: Dragon/Fairy

Did they change the breeding mechanics so that males can pass on abilities now? I ask this because I just bred my male blaziken with a ditto and got a speed boost torchic....
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Future Alpha Sapphire Team:

Quote Originally Posted by XXD17 View Post
    Did they change the breeding mechanics so that males can pass on abilities now? I ask this because I just bred my male blaziken with a ditto and got a speed boost torchic....
    Yep, males can now pass down Hidden Abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by XXD17 View Post
    Yep, although the males can only pass it down with ditto is my understanding

Quote Originally Posted by blasian amtrax View Post
    Yep, although the males can only pass it down with ditto is my understanding
    They can also pass it down without Ditto, but it's only like a 20% chance they do if the female has a non-HA.

Quote Originally Posted by Milennin View Post
    They can also pass it down without Ditto, but it's only like a 20% chance they do if the female has a non-HA.
    It only works when breeding with a Ditto (I had forgotten about that part myself when I answered, though). I think it is something like 20% chance, so you're not completely wrong. To quote the Serebii page on the new breeding mechanics:
    If the father has got the Hidden Ability, there is a small chance that the offspring will also have their Hidden Ability. However, this only works if you are breeding with a Ditto.

Question for everyone, I have a guy who said hes from Russia trading me some pokemon but I realized Russia doesnt have a tag will the game still recognize it as a foreign pokemon for masudo?

Yes.

Any Pokemon from a trade that's registered as being from a different region according to the GTS should work.

MM actually takes into account the original country of the game cart, not the country listed on the GTS, and it is possible it still works that way in Gen VI.

If the Russian guy plays on an English cart, it won't work for MM. If the Russian guy plays on a Japanese cart however, it should work.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Anyone else loving the fact that Chanseys in the Friend Safari literally just hand their Lucky Eggs over to you?!
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 3738-0826-8883. In-Game Name: JB, Mii Name: Horus

My Gen VI Trade Shop, JB's Tenacious Depot

Quote Originally Posted by Roughneck JB View Post
    Anyone else loving the fact that Chanseys in the Friend Safari literally just hand their Lucky Eggs over to you?!
    Lol, it has bestow. Need to get me a friend safari with a chansey now! Even though I still think frisk+thief is more effective, it's definitely funny
    Pokemon X
    http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/user/M-322-0034-S/timeline
    3DS FC: 3239-2904-2693. Please PM me when you add me with yours. Normal: Minccino, Smeargle, Teddiursa

QUESTION: If I ev train sp. attack with macho brace pokerus in frost cavern (5 vanillite) I will have 5x2x2= 20 right? 20 ev's in sp. attack?

Pokémon X Version Friend Code: 5043 3821 1755

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Shard View Post
    QUESTION: If I ev train sp. attack with macho brace pokerus in frost cavern (5 vanillite) I will have 5x2x2= 20 right? 20 ev's in sp. attack?
    Yes.

Even better, get ahold of a Power Lens, and you can bump that up to 50 evs in Special Attack per battle ((1+4)*2)*5. Just be careful to avoid those Cubchoo.
    Pokemon X and Y:
    Friend Code: 0061-0847-8548
    Friend Safari: Emolga, Galvantula, Heliolisk
    Seeking safaris: Currently None.

Looking for: Aggronite, Houndoomite, Mewtwoite Y, Charizardite X, Heracrossite, Groudon

Can provide: Pokerus, Any berry, Lucky Egg, Damp Rock, Light Clay, Light Ball, Heart Scale, Blazikenite, Many HA Pokemon, Most Pokemon only available through Pokebank, Some Legendaries.

I really hope they expand on the Trainer PR feature in the next game.

I was disappointed by how few options are available to your Pokemon, especially when considering how many potential poses they could've used between Amie and battles, plus the different facial expressions many of them have.

Quote Originally Posted by bign0se View Post
    Lol, it has bestow. Need to get me a friend safari with a chansey now! Even though I still think frisk+thief is more effective, it's definitely funny
    Well aware it has Bestow! :P
    And I was certain Thief didn't have a 100% success rate...

My biggest wish for Pokemon Z/Hoenn remakes/Whatever is, hands down, more Inverse Battles. Preferably for it to be a multiplayer option!
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 3738-0826-8883. In-Game Name: JB, Mii Name: Horus

My Gen VI Trade Shop, JB's Tenacious Depot

For Egg Moves researchers, from the looks of it, the Egg Moves follow the following criteria:
    -All non-Kalos Pokémon get two new non-trivial Egg Moves.
    -All Kalos Pokémon get around 8 moves, with two of the slots being devoted to moves that accessible through Level-Up(either the base Pokémon or it evolution), and one of them is devoted to TMs(again, either accessible to the base Pokémon or its evolution).
    -Some of the old gen Pokémon get the similar Egg Move results as the above, provided that they didn't already complete the said slots.

I don't think there are exceptions to this, but I would like to hear at least one Pokémon that gained three Egg Moves.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, *******, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Yusuf View Post
    For Egg Moves researchers, from the looks of it, the Egg Moves follow the following criteria:
    -All non-Kalos Pokémon get two new non-trivial Egg Moves.
    -All Kalos Pokémon get around 8 moves, with two of the slots being devoted to moves that accessible through Level-Up(either the base Pokémon or it evolution), and one of them is devoted to TMs(again, either accessible to the base Pokémon or its evolution).
    -Some of the old gen Pokémon get the similar Egg Move results as the above, provided that they didn't already complete the said slots.

I don't think there are exceptions to this, but I would like to hear at least one Pokémon that gained three Egg Moves.
    Delibird has three new egg moves, which are Spikes, Freeze Dry, and Destiny Bond. Spikes technically isn't a new move, since it used to get it as an event move back in G/S, but that was the only time.

Stunfisk also gained Reflect Type, Me First, and Eerie Impulse.
    Last edited by Rakurai; 11th November 2013 at 9:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Delibird has three new egg moves, which are Spikes, Freeze Dry, and Destiny Bond. Spikes technically isn't a new move, since it used to get it as an event move back in G/S, but that was the only time.

Yeah, I checked them. Woobat also gets three now, and Hawlucha has 7 non-trivial Egg Moves while Tyrunt has 6, totaling in 10 moves at most.

I think three Egg Moves might be something mostly exclusive to Unova families and few gimmick mons but it is not well tested yet.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, *******, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Wasn't quite sure where to post this, but I thought this would be the best thread since it's more related to gameplay/navigation than to Lumiose City itself...does anyone else find the automatic speech boxes in Lumiose to be extremely annoying? They were cute and even a little informative the first time, but when I'm riding my bike around, it's quite difficult to see the sign of the store I'm looking for when somebody's unrelated comment is popping up over it. Not to mention riding around one of the plazas trying to hatch an Egg and seeing the guy say "Maybe it was Magenta Plaza and not Bleu?" over and over again. xD

I suppose it'll change when I get more accustomed to the city and don't have to ride around looking for a specific place, but at this point I'm just trying to avoid anybody on the street so my screen doesn't end up clogged. I do wish there was an option to turn it off, though, or that it was just restricted to the A Button like most conversations are.
    Trying to fill my X Pokedex! Please PM me for my Friend Code if you'd like.
    My Friend Safari is Ghost with Shuppet, Pumpkaboo, and Spiritomb.

Quote Originally Posted by Mi-tan View Post
    Wasn't quite sure where to post this, but I thought this would be the best thread since it's more related to gameplay/navigation than to Lumiose City itself...does anyone else find the automatic speech boxes in Lumiose to be extremely annoying? They were cute and even a little informative the first time, but when I'm riding my bike around, it's quite difficult to see the sign of the store I'm looking for when somebody's unrelated comment is popping up over it. Not to mention riding around one of the plazas trying to hatch an Egg and seeing the guy say "Maybe it was Magenta Plaza and not Bleu?" over and over again. xD

I suppose it'll change when I get more accustomed to the city and don't have to ride around looking for a specific place, but at this point I'm just trying to avoid anybody on the street so my screen doesn't end up clogged. I do wish there was an option to turn it off, though, or that it was just restricted to the A Button like most conversations are.
    Just don't bump into anyone as you're travelling and you'll be fine.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

So apparently, using Focus Energy in conjunction with either Super Luck, a Scope Lens, or a high crit rate move now gives you a 100% chance of getting a critical hit.

This could be fun for Pokemon like Kingdra and Hydreigon, as it means they can spam Draco Meteor with no downsides once they've used Focus Energy, plus the former has Sniper to make it even more painful.

So apparently, using Focus Energy in conjunction with either Super Luck, a Scope Lens, or a high crit rate move now gives you a 100% chance of getting a critical hit.

This could be fun for Pokemon like Kingdra and Hydreigon, as it means they can spam Draco Meteor with no downsides once they've used Focus Energy, plus the former has Sniper to make it even more painful.
    That could actually be a somewhat viable strategy, at least for the Battle Maison. In the case of Sniper Kingdra, that would be especially fun. Focus Energy's effect doesn't go away as long as you stay in, right? Or am I remembering that wrong?
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Delibird got...Freeze-Dry. Wow. Of all the Pokemon to get that...

Play Rough is honestly the only noteworthy offensive addition multiple old Pokemon have gotten as an egg move so far.

Lapras is the only one who can use Freeze Dry effectively out of the ones who can now use it, and Chatot is the only known additional user of Boomburst.

Overall, the majority of the new egg moves are looking to be as useless as ever.

Page 37 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast