Page 38 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Thread: General Gameplay & Battle Mechanics Thread

I don't know if this has always been the case with egg moves but I've never bred for moves before.

I've been wanting a Chansey with Seismic Toss for a while and read that it wasn't possible to get it in B/W and I read on Serebii that Chansey could get it this generation but there wasn't any other mon that could breed with it yet and I'd have to wait for the bank to open. I thought I'd do some experiments though and I bred Seismic Toss onto a Mawile from Mankey as they are both in the "Field" egg group. I then bred a male Mawile with Seismic Toss with a Chansey and I was pleased to see that Chansey gained Seismic Toss. I could also then breed them Chanseys with my high IV Dittos to get an Impish Chansey with Seismic Toss and 31/x/31/x/31/31 IVs which I'm very pleased with.

I didn't know I could transfer an egg move from one to another through a third party that crosses both egg types. So I was really pleased with this and thought I'd tell people in case they didn't know that either.
    My FC is 1418-7605-1318

My Friend Safari is Steel, send me a PM so I can get yours.

Quote Originally Posted by killercloud View Post
    I don't know if this has always been the case with egg moves but I've never bred for moves before.

I've been wanting a Chansey with Seismic Toss for a while and read that it wasn't possible to get it in B/W and I read on Serebii that Chansey could get it this generation but there wasn't any other mon that could breed with it yet and I'd have to wait for the bank to open. I thought I'd do some experiments though and I bred Seismic Toss onto a Mawile from Mankey as they are both in the "Field" egg group. I then bred a male Mawile with Seismic Toss with a Chansey and I was pleased to see that Chansey gained Seismic Toss. I could also then breed them Chanseys with my high IV Dittos to get an Impish Chansey with Seismic Toss and 31/x/31/x/31/31 IVs which I'm very pleased with.

I didn't know I could transfer an egg move from one to another through a third party that crosses both egg types. So I was really pleased with this and thought I'd tell people in case they didn't know that either.
    This is a system that has been in place forever, you're not doing anything special, really. A Pokemon doesn't need to breed with a Pokemon that learns a move normally to gain it, the male parent just needs to know the move.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Ah fair enough lol as I said I've never bred for moves before. Good to know they perfected it a while ago
    My FC is 1418-7605-1318

My Friend Safari is Steel, send me a PM so I can get yours.

Something that I've noticed,

Even if you catch a Pokemon with a ball other than a Pokeball, the pokeball opening animation is all the same.

However, when you switch pokemon during battle and they have a different pokeball, the different effect shows.

Anyone else notice this?

" You called me out upon the waters
    The great unknown, Where feet may fail
    And there I find You in the mystery
    In oceans deep, my Faith will stand ..."

Has anyone confirmed whether it is possible to change your Friend Safari? I've tried asking Google, but haven't gotten anything definitive. Some sites say that hard resetting your console will change your friend code and your friend safari, but I found one site where a guy claimed that he's hard reset multiple times and gotten the same Friend Safari. One site claimed that anything that changes your friend code will change your Friend Safari.

Personally, I think it'd be cool if everybody's Friend Safari changed every month, that way people with crappy Friend Safaris actually have a chance to get something good and the people with Ditto friend safaris can get a break and not be constantly hounded with friend requests.
    My Friend Code is 2234-7297-3900. Feel free to add me and PM me with your Friend Code.
    My FS is Bug with Combee, Masquerain and Heracross.

Quote Originally Posted by ahw View Post

Personally, I think it'd be cool if everybody's Friend Safari changed every month, that way people with crappy Friend Safaris actually have a chance to get something good and the people with Ditto friend safaris can get a break and not be constantly hounded with friend requests.
    Yeah, at the very least I was hoping that Friend Safaris were going to also be integrated with StreetPass, since it's getting to the point where people aren't exchanging friend codes to interact online but to merely catch Pokémon in other Safaris.

3DS: 2836 • 0189 • 795
    Pokémon Showdown: Witeldram
    Safari:
    Fighting - Sawk, Meditite, Riolu

The only way to change your Friend Safari is to get a new Friend Code, the only was to do that is to factory reset your 3DS, or get a new one.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I was trying to breed male swinub to have icicle crash using a swinub and beartic. I saved before giving the daycare the pokemon. After I gave them the pokemon and hatched the first egg they gave me, I'd SR'd because it was always female. I started to get annoyed because it kept constantly being female. I decided to check the stats, and it always turned out oblivious, mild, takes plenty of siestas, and the IV checker said it was decent overall with 31 IV HP but low defense. So, I'm guessing they're using the same breeding mechanics from B2/W2 that made egg RNGing irrelevant since the first egg never changes. Has anyone else noticed this?
    My Pokécheck
    Flying Type Friend Safari: Hoothoot, Farfetch, and Hawlucha. FC: 0344 9445 4037 PM me to add

Quote Originally Posted by ||Caboose|| View Post
    I was trying to breed male swinub to have icicle crash using a swinub and beartic. I saved before giving the daycare the pokemon. After I gave them the pokemon and hatched the first egg they gave me, I'd SR'd because it was always female. I started to get annoyed because it kept constantly being female. I decided to check the stats, and it always turned out oblivious, mild, takes plenty of siestas, and the IV checker said it was decent overall with 31 IV HP but low defense. So, I'm guessing they're using the same breeding mechanics from B2/W2 that made egg RNGing irrelevant since the first egg never changes. Has anyone else noticed this?
    Yes, it's been confirmed the first Egg is always the same.

Hopefully this thread is the right place to ask this: Is there a way to communicate during player-to-player wi-fi trading? I've had multiple people initiate a trade, yet for some every time I show them a pokemon to offer, they just copy me by offering me the same pokemon. Other times they offer a Pokemon I already have or am not interested in, and after five minutes it's still sitting there. Is there some sort of agreed upon way to predict when the other person may not be interested in a specific Pokemon so we don't have to play the guessing game? I'm not trying to be picky, but sometimes I just don't need another Pidgey :|

Image drawn by me~

Has anyone else here noticed a delay before the battle menu pops up after the pokemon has been released from the ball??

Its about 1-2 secs … Could this be because of the increase in affection from Pokemon Amie? Didn't have this problem before.

" You called me out upon the waters
    The great unknown, Where feet may fail
    And there I find You in the mystery
    In oceans deep, my Faith will stand ..."

Quote Originally Posted by flawlessazn View Post
    Has anyone else here noticed a delay before the battle menu pops up after the pokemon has been released from the ball??

Its about 1-2 secs … Could this be because of the increase in affection from Pokemon Amie? Didn't have this problem before.
    It is because of Amie.

The game waits until your Pokemon is finished fidgeting around or looking at you before the menu appears.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Yes, it's been confirmed the first Egg is always the same.
    From what I heard, that was a programming error in B2/W2. So they turned it into a game mechanic in X/Y? That seems strange.
    My Pokécheck
    Flying Type Friend Safari: Hoothoot, Farfetch, and Hawlucha. FC: 0344 9445 4037 PM me to add

What happens if you lose to AZ in after the elite four?

hello all im currently starting my breeding program and am wanting some suggestions to some good combonations of pokemon/eggmoves for me to breed that would be popular .

Quote Originally Posted by ||Caboose|| View Post
    From what I heard, that was a programming error in B2/W2. So they turned it into a game mechanic in X/Y? That seems strange.
    I'm guessing they heard that it prevents RNG abuse, so they decided to keep it as a feature. Because let's just face it, it's not fair for those who didn't do RNG abuse.

The fact that they make IV passing and getting flawless IVs much easier in this Gen also suggest that they're trying to discourage RNG abuse.

So yeah, just like what your sig says, it seems that they indeed dislike RNG abuse.

That's just my guess, though

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Lykouros View Post
    Hopefully this thread is the right place to ask this: Is there a way to communicate during player-to-player wi-fi trading? I've had multiple people initiate a trade, yet for some every time I show them a pokemon to offer, they just copy me by offering me the same pokemon. Other times they offer a Pokemon I already have or am not interested in, and after five minutes it's still sitting there. Is there some sort of agreed upon way to predict when the other person may not be interested in a specific Pokemon so we don't have to play the guessing game? I'm not trying to be picky, but sometimes I just don't need another Pidgey :|
    When people show the same pokemon they trying to say they HAVE that pokemon alredy. when it stays there a long time is because they accidentially pressed offer, and then if you dont input offer too he gets stuck and cant get out until you go offer and cancel. I actually have a lot of pidgeys with names like "have dat one" "trade back" etc
    if u put 70 % of us into a bowl it becomes the bowl, put 70 % of us into a tea pot it becomes the tea pot.. 70 % of us can flow ,, or crash be urself my friend-Hitmonlee

Friend Safari:GRASS Sunkern, Swaddloon, Quilladin
    NDS Friendcode:2852-8108-6092

I have a question concerning Critical Hits. If I have an Absol with the ability Super Luck, and give in a Scope Lens and it uses a move with a high Critical Hit chance ( Night Slash, Psycho Cut or Shadow Claw) Will It be a 100% guaranteed Critical hit as of X and Y? I am going off what was posted on the main site this morning.
    Thanks
    3DS FC: 3496-9740-3964
    SHINYS (NOT FOR TRADE) : Wishcash (September 29th, 2009), Sliggoo (October 20th, 2013), Magmar (November 8th, 2013), Sliggoo (November 8th, 2013), Braixen (November 9th,2013), Frogadier (November 10th, 2013)

It'll indeed always crit.

It's a pity there's so few Pokemon that can actually get guaranteed crits without needing to use Focus Energy first, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    It'll indeed always crit.

It's a pity there's so few Pokemon that can actually get guaranteed crits without needing to use Focus Energy first, though.
    Awesome! Thank you very much
    3DS FC: 3496-9740-3964
    SHINYS (NOT FOR TRADE) : Wishcash (September 29th, 2009), Sliggoo (October 20th, 2013), Magmar (November 8th, 2013), Sliggoo (November 8th, 2013), Braixen (November 9th,2013), Frogadier (November 10th, 2013)

Currently for battlign in wifi, i am using pokemon based purely on typing. I soon will use IV's and natures. As of now, I use Trevenant,Hydreigon,Skarmory,Golem,Togetic, and Pyroar.
    I plan on adding GaleWings Talonflame and Protean Greninja though.
    Gotta catch em' all! Then release.Not eating size....
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PM me to exchange friend codes. I am a normal type safari with the code 1478-4182-2152
    If you add me, pm yours to me so i can add you

don't know if this is the right place to put this but I was wondering what happens if we catch every pokemon that are 718 or 721? do we get the shiny charm? I was just watching pokemon origins and thought it would be a nice sidequest to do after you beat the game. get all the pokemon and get a reward after you finish it.
    White 2 Friend code : 1508-0208-9881
    Pokémon X Friend Code: 0275-7830-7079

Quote Originally Posted by shadowF View Post
    don't know if this is the right place to put this but I was wondering what happens if we catch every pokemon that are 718 or 721? do we get the shiny charm? I was just watching pokemon origins and thought it would be a nice sidequest to do after you beat the game. get all the pokemon and get a reward after you finish it.
    Oval Charm is the prize for completing all three Kalos Dexes so that is the likeliest case, though most likely the event Pokémon will be excluded from the completion like in the previous generations.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Hey guys, I am not sure if this has been answered before, but I can't seem to find it using the search tool, but..

Has the formula for hidden power type been solved? I will be breeding pokemon with the correct IV for certain type of hidden power, but I am not sure what IV I should aim for.
    If anyone has any clues about the hidden power formula, I would appreciate any guidance!!

EDIT: After reading some discussion, it seems like HP typing formula didn't change from Gen V and there is no HP fairy (aww but I want it )
    Last edited by Zippohex; 23rd November 2013 at 1:37 PM.
    My 3DS friend code (both X and Y) : 0774-5687-1822

Fire Safari: Pansear, Pyroar, Fletchinder

Alright, starting to make a good Ursaring for me to use.
    Thinking of the moveset of play rough, crunch, close combat, and facade.
    Which nature would be more beneficial for me to have on it: Jolly or Adamant?

Page 38 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast