Page 39 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Thread: General Gameplay & Battle Mechanics Thread

Adamant.

Ursaring is too slow to get much use out of a speed increasing nature.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackKyurem3DS View Post
    Alright, starting to make a good Ursaring for me to use.
    Thinking of the moveset of play rough, crunch, close combat, and facade.
    Which nature would be more beneficial for me to have on it: Jolly or Adamant?
    Jolly lets you outrun everything up to positive-natured Pokemon with base 105 Speed after a Quick Feet boost.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackKyurem3DS View Post
    Alright, starting to make a good Ursaring for me to use.
    Thinking of the moveset of play rough, crunch, close combat, and facade.
    Which nature would be more beneficial for me to have on it: Jolly or Adamant?
    Which ability are you planning to use? If you're using Guts, Adamant would likely be better, like Rakurai said. If Quick Feet, then Excitable Boy would probably be the one to listen to.

It has been confirmed that the Cherish Ball will not be passed when breeding
    This upsets me. Have the Japanese train event Gardevoir and everything!

So Stunfisk still has Limber as an ability, which is now totally useless for it.

I'm extremely confused by that, considering they found it worthy of receiving three new egg moves (Which are almost as useless, but still...).

Has anyone else noticed that Grass Knot is now calculated as being a Physical Move even though it is still labeled as Special. I have it on my Delphox and it has become paralyzed several times by the Static Ability. I thought it was weird because Static should not have effected it but it did. Not to mention the attack uses Delphox's physical animation rather than its special animation with the wand. Is this a glitch or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Cerex View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that Grass Knot is now calculated as being a Physical Move even though it is still labeled as Special. I have it on my Delphox and it has become paralyzed several times by the Static Ability. I thought it was weird because Static should not have effected it but it did. Not to mention the attack uses Delphox's physical animation rather than its special animation with the wand. Is this a glitch or something?
    grass knot is a contact move and always has been. And therefore can activate abilities like static and flame body.
    Contact is not the same as physical though.
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/5ydys1.jpg[/IMG]
    3DS FC: 0962-9471-3329

Does Infestation count as a contact move too despite being special?

3DS FC: 1693 1069 1732
    Dream Suite Address: 5300 - 2139 - 7204

Quote Originally Posted by Arcamenel View Post
    Does Infestation count as a contact move too despite being special?
    Yes.

http://www.serebii.net/attackdex-xy/infestation.shtml

That explains why my Vivillon kept getting affected by poison point.

3DS FC: 1693 1069 1732
    Dream Suite Address: 5300 - 2139 - 7204

Good to know. Any other commonly misunderstood moves like that around?

Also Magentaman, I have that female Fortress in a Primer ball if you still want it.

Add me and we can do the trade. 1306-6462-3876

I just realized something the only thing they made for a Fairy Type is the Pixie Plate?! They never made a Type-enhancing item that Boosts the power of Fairy Type moves, like Black Belt, Miracle Seed, Mystic Water, Charcoal, etc.?! I just find that really weird?!
    Adam 's PokePet

My level 10 Munchlax!

The Pixie Plate does boost Fairy moves, why would they need another one?

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    The Pixie Plate does boost Fairy moves, why would they need another one?
    I know that. Because, all the other plates matches all the type boosting items, like there is a Meadow Plate and there is a Miracle Seed, I just thought it was really odd that they didn't make something else to boost Fairy type moves.
    Adam 's PokePet

My level 10 Munchlax!

Quote Originally Posted by Addydo View Post
    I know that. Because, all the other plates matches all the type boosting items, like there is a Meadow Plate and there is a Miracle Seed, I just thought it was really odd that they didn't make something else to boost Fairy type moves.
    It's not that odd. When the Plates were added, the type boosting items had already been around. Now that there's a new type, meaning a lack of either items, putting both in would be redundant

Do you people feel that bipedal mega evolutions are better than quadrapedal/multipedal? So far, I love seeing my Shiny Mega Gardevoir. But now I have a Shiny Manetric(need to get hold of mega stone from other game somehow), and I am going to dig the shiny Mega manetric.

Also, it is very doable to chain in Route 10! You just need to keep the rules of chaining to mind.

Shiny Mega Manectric is easily the most disappointing one out of the whole lot to me, especially after seeing how nice its normal shiny form is.

Giving up the black fur and blue eyes in favor of dark green fur and red eyes is kind of lame.

If a Houndoom's Flash Fire activates and it then mega evolves, will it keep the boost in fire damage even if it changed its ability?

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    If a Houndoom's Flash Fire activates and it then mega evolves, will it keep the boost in fire damage even if it changed its ability?
    No, it will not.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    No, it will not.
    I wonder if they will change Flash Fire into a standard stat increaser in a later gen because of that(or combine stat boosting and Fire-type increasing abilities like they did with Charge's Electric-type move power increasing and Sp. Def. boosting features), since part of the power of Heracross, Pinsir and Manectric comes from the fact they can abuse Moxie/Lightningrod before going Mega(others can also use their pre-Mega abilities for switching in, but Flash Fire isn't a particularly reliable way to switch for fragile Pokémon, especially due to (but not limited to) Shinobi Boulders).

Though that's probably a lesser issue compared to some balancing issues caused by the turn order decision point(and others that would be caused when it is "fixed").

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    It's not that odd. When the Plates were added, the type boosting items had already been around. Now that there's a new type, meaning a lack of either items, putting both in would be redundant
    Well there is the VGCs' item clause, but almost nobody uses type-enhancing items when everything else is better(though Gem nerf might force some people to use them because %30 boost for one-time is rather worser than %20 for all the time the move is used, unless the %10 boost actually allows you score certain key KOs or you need to get rid of the item for Unburden/Acrobatics etc.).

Then again, there isn't any Fairy or Fairy-type move user who would prefer Pixie Plate over Leftovers, Life Orb, their Mega Stones, Expert Belt, Choice items or they myriad of consumable items for Slurpuff.
    Last edited by Trainer Yusuf; 1st December 2013 at 1:44 PM.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    So Stunfisk still has Limber as an ability, which is now totally useless for it.

I'm extremely confused by that, considering they found it worthy of receiving three new egg moves (Which are almost as useless, but still...).
    It can change its type, so it is kind of useful, but I agree it is fairly underwhelming.

So, Smoogoon finally banned Gengarite.

Can't say I'm surprised; good riddance.

ok so i'm confused/worried about Honedge. it is taking psychic damage as normal effective and ghost and dark as super effective despite the steel type. is steel no longer resistant to those types or is it a game bug?

Quote Originally Posted by WrathofAjax View Post
    ok so i'm confused/worried about Honedge. it is taking psychic damage as normal effective and ghost and dark as super effective despite the steel type. is steel no longer resistant to those types or is it a game bug?
    Well he definitely still resists Psychic, so I'm not sure what's going on there. The other two, however, are indeed no longer resisted by Steel.

Quote Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
    Well he definitely still resists Psychic, so I'm not sure what's going on there. The other two, however, are indeed no longer resisted by Steel.
    Well psywave and psybeam from Sigilyph hit it as normal effective. and boo. the fact that steel was resistant to dark and ghost was the best thing a bout steel. now it's just rock type that's super effective on fairy. then the type chart should get updated. it still lists them as resistant, and ghost as normal to psychic rather than weak to psychic.

Page 39 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast