Page 40 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1357

Thread: General Gameplay & Battle Mechanics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by WrathofAjax View Post
    Well psywave and psybeam from Sigilyph hit it as normal effective. and boo. the fact that steel was resistant to dark and ghost was the best thing a bout steel. now it's just rock type that's super effective on fairy. then the type chart should get updated. it still lists them as resistant, and ghost as normal to psychic rather than weak to psychic.
    Psywave always hits for normal effective. Also Rock isn't SE against Fairy.

Yeah, fixed damage moves like Psywave (to an extent) and Dragon Rage will always act like "normal" damage because the game doesn't bother with actual damage type calculation with those moves.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Psywave always hits for normal effective. Also Rock isn't SE against Fairy.
    I think he was saying that Steel and Rock are identical now, except Steel is SE against Fairy. Still not a correct comparison, though.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by WrathofAjax View Post
    Well psywave and psybeam from Sigilyph hit it as normal effective.
    In addition to the point made about psywave having a fixed damage value, Sigilyph can have tinted lens, which would make not very effect hits neutral.
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/5ydys1.jpg[/IMG]
    3DS FC: 0962-9471-3329

Is there any way to make it rain in the game ? I've been running around for 8 hours today trying to find rain without luck. I've tried changing the time to some random times without any luck aswell. Anyone have any good tips on how to find rain ? Any times that work to put in or any other method that will speed up the process. Im tired of waiting to evolve my goodra. Any help is appreciated.
    FC: 0989-1779-0514

Safari = Dark | Pokemon available in my safari: Sableye, Sandile and Pawniard

Nvm my last post I just found a date and time that should work for evolving sliggoo into goodra. Set your 3DS settings to 10/21/2013 12.00 pm and it should be raining on route 14. If you have waited for several hours without getting any rain try this out, it worked for me and hopefully it will for someone else aswell.
    FC: 0989-1779-0514

Safari = Dark | Pokemon available in my safari: Sableye, Sandile and Pawniard

Kiloude city rains quite often in my game. It is otherwise a random process. I once flew around to the routes which usually rain, but to no avail.
    FC is 4940-5550-1230

Default Word filter question

I can't nickname my Pokémon "Ravioli" because the word filter doesn't let me. That's due to "viol" being a forbidden word in French (I'm playing the German version btw). But yesterday I had an online battle with someone who had a Pokémon named "Ravioli". How is this possible? Could it be that some language versions ignore the word filters of other languages? Or is there a trick?

For the record: The name was definitely "Ravioli" with a lower case L, not a capital I or something.

So is serebii the only site not up to date with the new cloning glitch??

Quote Originally Posted by shaggys_pkmnx View Post
    Serebii doesn't cover glitches or hacks.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Then why is there a glitch forum? And how is cloning hacking? If that's the case then all your RNG forums are hacks? 90% of RNG pkmn are cloned through pokecheck. Plus, the cloning in x and y is in fact a glitch. Not a hack. No external device is used SMART GUY
    Last edited by shaggys_pkmnx; 5th December 2013 at 9:52 PM.

Then why is there a glitch forum? And how is cloning hacking? If that's the case then all your RNG forums are hacks? 90% of RNG pkmn are cloned through pokecheck. Plus, the cloning in x and y is in fact a glitch, not a hack. No external device is used Smart guy ...
    I never once said that cloning was hacking. I said Serebii doesn't cover glitches or hacks.

Okay, then why is there a glitch forum? And when was I talking about hacks? Lmfao

Okay, then why is there a glitch forum? And when was I talking about hacks? Lmfao
    The forum is not the main site, only Serebii uploads content to the main site. We will typically have threads for glitches that could be dangerous, or discuss some glitches. But Serebii is against glitches, especially those that can be exploited to benefit yourself. I also never said you were talking about hacks, I was giving you a complete answer. You're looking too deeply into things.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    The forum is not the main site, only Serebii uploads content to the main site. We will typically have threads for glitches that could be dangerous, or discuss some glitches. But Serebii is against glitches, especially those that can be exploited to benefit yourself. I also never said you were talking about hacks, I was giving you a complete answer. You're looking too deeply into things.
    Uh I'm pretty sure you're the only one looking too deeply into things. Talking about hacks had no relavence to my first statement. Nor was I referring to the main site. MOD FAIL.

Quite the opposite, I'm taking your words at face value. 'Serebii' is both the main site, and a person. Neither of which will report on glitches.

Uh I'm pretty sure you're the only one looking too deeply into things. Talking about hacks had no relavence to my first statement. Nor was I referring to the main site. MOD FAIL.
    Hacks, like the cloning glitch you mention, are an exploit. Both are similar yet very distinct forms of exploitation, as I'm sure you already know. That's what makes something relevant according to any definition I've seen of the word. Like he said, his use of the word hack does not at all imply that you were talking about hacks in the first place, but since hacks and cloning fall in the same realm of exploitation, it's appropriate to mention it. You don't need to take it any further than that.

And...

...that first post was definitely talking about the site as well, unless you had meant to say otherwise. If you meant these forums as "the only site," you should have specified.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

I recently completed all of the Kalos dex and received the four diplomas, once for each region and one for all of kalos. I'm assuming that the remaining space is for the national dex. I was struck by the language used in the diploma, specifically the constant referral to me having "solely capturing every Pokemon". I'm stuck on the "solely" party. I've looked at what the text was from previous gens and it language was much more straight forward. Does anyone suspect that this has some implication for using Pokemon Box and Transfer?
    Pokemon Y
    3DS Friend Code: 1461-7604-0905
    Type: Steel
    Pokemon: Skarmory, Magneton, Klefki

Kalos Dex Completion
    Finished!

Need help? Just let me know.

Goal is to complete dex before the release of Pokemon Box!

Quote Originally Posted by Cerex View Post
    I recently completed all of the Kalos dex and received the four diplomas, once for each region and one for all of kalos. I'm assuming that the remaining space is for the national dex. I was struck by the language used in the diploma, specifically the constant referral to me having "solely capturing every Pokemon". I'm stuck on the "solely" party. I've looked at what the text was from previous gens and it language was much more straight forward. Does anyone suspect that this has some implication for using Pokemon Box and Transfer?
    I'm pretty sure the language is just referring to "You caught all the pokemon of the Central Pokedex" and so on
    Since the dex is split into three, it uses "solely" to refer to the fact that you only filled out one.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I'm pretty sure the language is just referring to "You caught all the pokemon of the Central Pokedex" and so on
    Since the dex is split into three, it uses "solely" to refer to the fact that you only filled out one.
    You're probably right. Though they also use it for the entire Kalos Pokedex. I'm probably reading too much into it. I just thought there might be something to do since the language is very different from past generations.
    Pokemon Y
    3DS Friend Code: 1461-7604-0905
    Type: Steel
    Pokemon: Skarmory, Magneton, Klefki

Kalos Dex Completion
    Finished!

Need help? Just let me know.

Goal is to complete dex before the release of Pokemon Box!

It could even be a translation error.

I actually thought that "solely capturing every Pokemon" is really weird.

To me at least, it implies we captured all the Pokemon ourselves, when it's impossible to do so as some of them requires trading to be obtained......

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

I know that Chatot has been a pretty underwhelming Pokemon to use in the last few generations, but from reading this page, Chatot can learn boomburst as a new egg move. Most of new egg moves for other Pokemon isn't all that useful...

But anyway, I guess Chatot is effectively the best user of being a special attacker using a normal move (maybe aside from Exploud). Boomburst gets STAB, making it a 210 BP attack, perfect accuracy, and going through substitutes. Basically no drawbacks aside from ghosts and soundproof stuff. Chatot itself has 92 sp attack and 91 speed which is pretty usable to start with, but it can also learn nasty plot as another egg move to boost it further. Downside is its very frail defensive stats.
    Last edited by Kitsuneko; 10th December 2013 at 5:25 AM.

Speaking of good egg moves, I notice Spinarak gets Megahorn, which is fantastic for the physical bug that couldn't even learn X-Scissor until B2/W2. Now if only it didn't have such an awful BST. Corphish and Anorith with Aqua Jet is definitely a nice addition, particularly for the former. Wooper getting Eerie Impulse is very odd, though. As well as the multitude of Pokemon with Belch, and Taillow with Boomburst.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

I am endlessly amused that Stunfisk gets Me First
    Stunfisk. With its 32 base speed.

I can only assume they want you to use it with trick room

Page 40 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast