Page 41 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1360

Thread: General Gameplay & Battle Mechanics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I am endlessly amused that Stunfisk gets Me First
    Stunfisk. With its 32 base speed.

I can only assume they want you to use it with trick room
    Especially after an amazing showing during a Nuzlocke, I've come to like Stunfisk, but Me First is definitely a funny one. Though Ducklett with Mud Sport, something that can make actual use of a normally useless move? That's funny. Destiny Bond and Spikes Delibird is oddly amusing as well. It's like they know how terrible it was when they gave it Insomnia as a hidden ability, and now want it to be a suicide lead.

Also noticed another garbage egg move in Kabuto, though. Why would anyone bother with Take Down? And Reflect Type is also getting an odd amount of attention as well.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Carvanha gets Destiny Bond now which, given its paper defences, could be fun to use on Speed Boost Sharpedo.

This just got me thinking, I hope they eventually bring in a permanent way to get the rest of the now unobtainable Hidden Abilities from the Dream World.

Quote Originally Posted by Psynergy View Post
    Though Ducklett with Mud Sport, something that can make actual use of a normally useless move? That's funny.
    Funnily enough, Mud Sport and Water Sport got changed this gen so they now last for a flat 5 turns, even if the user switches out. Hawlucha also gets Mud Sport, which could be a cute (if ineffective) way of throwing people off.
    Last edited by Blazios; 10th December 2013 at 8:26 AM.

Especially after an amazing showing during a Nuzlocke, I've come to like Stunfisk, but Me First is definitely a funny one. Though Ducklett with Mud Sport, something that can make actual use of a normally useless move? That's funny. Destiny Bond and Spikes Delibird is oddly amusing as well. It's like they know how terrible it was when they gave it Insomnia as a hidden ability, and now want it to be a suicide lead.

Also noticed another garbage egg move in Kabuto, though. Why would anyone bother with Take Down? And Reflect Type is also getting an odd amount of attention as well.
    They seemed to be spreading a lot of "odd" moves.

Wide Guard, Quick Guard, Power Split, Guard Split come to mind immediately

It's a pity they didn't give many Pokemon love as far as actual attacks go. Drill Run for Escavalier, Play Rough for Absol, and Freeze Dry for Lapras are the only really notable additions that I can recall.

A lot of Electric types would've really appreciated some additional type coverage rather then gimmicky support moves that are only of much use in doubles/triples or moves that are just flat out useless for the most part.

Hmm, I've just noticed that along with the nerf to critical hit multiplier, the chance of getting a critical hit at +2 critical hit stage is now 50%, at at +3 it's 100%. That sounds pretty amazing, at least for in-game usage. I wonder if this has increased the popularity of focus energy + move with increased crit. ratio in competitive battling?
    The best evolutionary designs are brought about by a balance between change and consistency.
    Artwork by Piper Thibodeau. You can view more of her work here.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Power View Post
    Hmm, I've just noticed that along with the nerf to critical hit multiplier, the chance of getting a critical hit at +2 critical hit stage is now 50%, at at +3 it's 100%. That sounds pretty amazing, at least for in-game usage. I wonder if this has increased the popularity of focus energy + move with increased crit. ratio in competitive battling?
    Kinda. Focus Energy, Sniper Kingdra is slowly becoming a thing. Nice part is that critical hits ignore the
    stat drops from Draco Meteor.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    Funnily enough, Mud Sport and Water Sport got changed this gen so they now last for a flat 5 turns, even if the user switches out. Hawlucha also gets Mud Sport, which could be a cute (if ineffective) way of throwing people off.
    It wasn't that way before? Well, so that's kind of a nerf and a buff at the same time, then.

They seemed to be spreading a lot of "odd" moves.

Wide Guard, Quick Guard, Power Split, Guard Split come to mind immediately
    Hm, you're right. Though at least Wide Guard is a very useful move in Doubles/Triples.

Quote Originally Posted by The King of Ho-oh's View Post
    Kinda. Focus Energy, Sniper Kingdra is slowly becoming a thing. Nice part is that critical hits ignore the
    stat drops from Draco Meteor.
    I'd love to use that myself sometime, actually. Scope Lens Gallade with its multitude of high crit chance attacks could also prove to be useful, even if 50% is not fully reliable. If Gallade could learn Focus Energy, it wouldn't even need a Scope Lens, which would make for an awesome set.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

It wasn't that way before? Well, so that's kind of a nerf and a buff at the same time, then.
    No it's pretty big buff
    Mud Sport & Water Sport sucked before because they wore out the moment you switched out and most pokemon with the moves were immune to or heavily resisted the type being nerfed.

It still probably wont see much-if-any play but at least it's more usable

No it's pretty big buff
    Mud Sport & Water Sport sucked before because they wore out the moment you switched out and most pokemon with the moves were immune to or heavily resisted the type being nerfed.

It still probably wont see much-if-any play but at least it's more usable
    Well if you didn't switch out, then you could keep it for more than 5 turns, right? So in that sense, there's a nerf, albeit minor since that depends on how long you stay in with that Pokemon in the first place. I know I'm being too nit-picky with that, though. Regardless, I doubt it's going to see any use at all either.

Why is mega garchomp slower than garchomp? They weigh exactly the same, at least make it heavier so it has some basis as to why its slower. I don't get why some megas have the same height and weight while others don't

I don't really get it either, considering that Mega Tyranitar is a total upgrade from normal Tyranitar statwise, plus it gains speed despite also gaining weight when it evolves.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson_Blazer View Post
    Why is mega garchomp slower than garchomp? They weigh exactly the same, at least make it heavier so it has some basis as to why its slower. I don't get why some megas have the same height and weight while others don't
    Mega Aggron's weight increase's reasoning was pretty much confirmed by the press releases, it is for Heavy Slam. The others are pretty much there for the lore of the thing.

As for Garchomp's speed, remember, it uses its fins to become aerodinamic. Since they were converted from pseudo-gliders to sickle-axes, it loses its mobility(though the real reason is of course because of game balance).
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, *******, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

I'm guessing the actual reason they took away speed was so they could put more points into special attack since they wanted it to be a mixed attacker for...reasons?

e: oh wait it lost 10 speed and gained 10 special defense

the "for....reasons" still stands i guess

I'm glad that the ability of 3DS games to patched is allowing Nintendo to deal with cheaters in a fashion they haven't been able to in previous games by directly eliminating their ability to cheat rather then simply attempting to deal with products of said cheating.

The recent mandatory update dealt with that (For the time being), which was why the rated battles had been shut down until today.

Tyrunt's dex entry states it throws tantrums, yet can't even get outrage as a egg move? Uhm

Not 100% sure this is the proper place to post this but here goes.
    I'm trying to item farm from safaris, I have a Butterfree with Compoundeyes and a Gothiorita with Frisk.
    If the Butterfree is fainted at the front of the party will Compoundeyes still take effect?

I'm trying to get the buff from Butterfree and have the first Pokemon in battle be the Gothiorita so it's Frisk takes effect without having to switch. Kind of cake + mouth = yum.

e: seems to be working, got like 3 Grip Claws off Sneasel in a row
    Last edited by Buttons; 18th December 2013 at 6:37 AM.
    Mainly on from 12a EST to 6a EST. Please don't VM me, I rarely check them.

At 85/100 friends, so I'm being a little more selective of the safaris I add. Usually this amounts to me asking what your 3DS ID name is.
    I have access to all starters from all generations, HA for only gen 1 and 6. Send a PM if there's one you want.

My 3DS ID is 1306-6462-3876
    In game name X-Jacob Y-Sam
    Safari: Growlithe - Charmelion - Braixen

The best time I have had leveling up is in a safari with audinos and chanseys. Granted it will be hard to get to 100... but it is fun!
    Pm me to Trade/Battle/Talk
    FC: 0748-2176-5941( not adding for safaris right now)
    Current Shiny Hunt-- on hold while I breed random pokebank pokes
    Upcoming- Carbink*
    Completed MM's- Zorua, Goomy(x2), Charmander(5 IVs!!), Eevee(Umbreon!),Honedge,Klefki, Helioisk, Mawile, Larvesta, Noibat, Frillish, Squirtle

I have a 6 IV Japanese Ditto for Trade for Shiny Pokebank Legends that have perfect IVs

A very trivial question but after seeing a few let's plays and having played both Y and X myself, it seems like the first wild pokemon everyone encounters is a pidgey...is that preset or something?
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Future Omega Ruby Team:

Quote Originally Posted by XXD17 View Post
    A very trivial question but after seeing a few let's plays and having played both Y and X myself, it seems like the first wild pokemon everyone encounters is a pidgey...is that preset or something?
    Not in the least. Mine was Zigzagoon in X and Bunnelby in Y.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

same with mine, i both encounter fletchlings on my first battle

Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    Carvanha gets Destiny Bond now which, given its paper defences, could be fun to use on Speed Boost Sharpedo.

This just got me thinking, I hope they eventually bring in a permanent way to get the rest of the now unobtainable Hidden Abilities from the Dream World.

Yeah I've wanted a speed boost Sharpedo for ages and now have to wait possibly an entire generation to finally get on. Unless when bank comes out there's a flood of them on the GTS (more than likely been posted asking for stupid things like lvl 100 Zygarde).
    Plus now that it gets Destiny Bond it would be an equally fun Pokemon to use, rake up some kill K/Os and damage then surprise with a Destiny Bond taking out something powerful in one. Love suicide Destiny Bonders as they can cripple a team of a key Pokemon if used right.

Quote Originally Posted by wbartholomy View Post
    The best time I have had leveling up is in a safari with audinos and chanseys. Granted it will be hard to get to 100... but it is fun!
    Just ge a high rank in the Battle Chateau and you will find trainers with 3 high level Audino each. Slap on the exp O-Power before hand and its exp heaven!
    Last edited by MechaBulba; 21st December 2013 at 2:16 PM.
    Team Shut-down
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles, Trades and Friend Safari (Dark Type: Pawniard, Sandile & Inkay).
    STOP SENDING ME FROAKIE VIA WONDER TRADE!

I haven't even found a Pidgey in my Dex, so no.

Quote Originally Posted by wbartholomy View Post
    Just battle the Furisode Girls in the Battle Chateau.

Not sure if this is the proper thread for this, but I haven't found a Wonder Trade thread yet. I am rather fond of this mechanic as I have played Pokemon Y for a while, and have gotten some good pokemon out of it... I am currently trying to train a Tyrunt lvl 1 that I got from Wonder Trade. My best so far is a level 50 Scyther that I got although I haven't got to the second gym.

If this isn't the right thread, could a moderator please move it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrantrum View Post
    Not sure if this is the proper thread for this, but I haven't found a Wonder Trade thread yet. I am rather fond of this mechanic as I have played Pokemon Y for a while, and have gotten some good pokemon out of it... I am currently trying to train a Tyrunt lvl 1 that I got from Wonder Trade. My best so far is a level 50 Scyther that I got although I haven't got to the second gym.

If this isn't the right thread, could a moderator please move it?
    Go here: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...k-(PGL)-Thread
    Since Wonder Trades are in the PSS.

Anyway, what are you asking here?

Okay so I am not sure if this is the right thread or not, but I have a question. So I was training my team in Victory Road to take on the Elite 4 and i noticed that whenever a Druddigon used Dragon Tail on my Crobat, the battle went on instead of ending like it normally would. Is there a reason for that?

Page 41 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast