Page 42 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1361

Thread: General Gameplay & Battle Mechanics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by tcreel View Post
    Okay so I am not sure if this is the right thread or not, but I have a question. So I was training my team in Victory Road to take on the Elite 4 and i noticed that whenever a Druddigon used Dragon Tail on my Crobat, the battle went on instead of ending like it normally would. Is there a reason for that?
    As of Gen V, phazing moves have no effect on Pokemon at an equal or greater level than the user.

What are they going to do about the Blazeikenite on the 16th and after? They can't never release it again and allow it to be used competitively (Assuming you are able to use it competitively right now.)? I already have 3 stockpiled up however I'm curious. How would they release it in the future? Maybe at the Luminose stone shop in the supposed sequels? Or you know... Remakes of a game... Any ideas/comments? I apologize if this has already been brought up/answered. Happy Holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilpulp View Post
    What are they going to do about the Blazeikenite on the 16th and after? They can't never release it again and allow it to be used competitively (Assuming you are able to use it competitively right now.)? I already have 3 stockpiled up however I'm curious. How would they release it in the future? Maybe at the Luminose stone shop in the supposed sequels? Or you know... Remakes of a game... Any ideas/comments? I apologize if this has already been brought up/answered. Happy Holidays.
    They can always just rerelease blaziken
    New games can just have it laying around like any other mega stone

Am I missing something here? My venusaur's petal dance activated a raichu's static but petal dance is a special move

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson_Blazer View Post
    Am I missing something here? My venusaur's petal dance activated a raichu's static but petal dance is a special move
    Petal Dance is a contact move.

http://www.serebii.net/attackdex-xy/petaldance.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    So even though its special it counts as a contact move. Weird, why not just make it physical

Has anyone else been experiencing a glitch where the Day Care man will have an Egg ready, but he won't face south?

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Has anyone else been experiencing a glitch where the Day Care man will have an Egg ready, but he won't face south?
    I've been encountering the same thing since early November. I know when it happens when I know I don't have the breeder facing south for a while along with him saying that my Pokémon get along well.

Yeah, if an egg is generated while he is in your screen, he won't be facing south, but when you talk to him, he will give you an egg.

It has been like that ever since Gen 2, the NPC won't do his usual stuff (move forward, calls you, or whatever) if he's on your screen when an egg is generated.

It's less of a glitch, more of the game always being programmed that way, NPC's actions will be activated only when the NPC comes into your screen. If you are already on the same screen as the NPC, the action does not trigger.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Yeah, Drizzle and Drought ability type was overpowered back then. When I played Ruby to Black 2 that ability was very destructive especially to super power elemental moves.
    www.kigukawaii.com

I am surprised that Arceus didn't get Dazzling Gleam as people expected it to get. I guess this means that we will be getting at least one of the Moonblast, Play Rough or Draining Kiss as a Tutor move 2 years from now, as Arceus gets at least one offensive move from each type(and tries to get at least one physical and one special move from each type when possible).

Hopefully same will be true for Boomburst, Icicle Crash, Avalanche, Power Gem and Aura Sphere.

Edit: As a side but important note, 4chan user pokebanku confirmed that hex values for Kalos pentagon are 0x18, 0x19, 0x1A, 0x1B, 0x1C, 0x1D, whereas 0X1E and 0x1F are "a faraway place"(which is just the placeholder for locations that aren't known by the game). 0x18 and 0x19 are currently used for X and Y, so it is more likely that this is less a region notifier and more a game version variable.

tl;dr, four more versions after X/Y for Gen VI are planned. Hoenn may or may not be confirmed.
    Last edited by Trainer Yusuf; 29th December 2013 at 12:34 PM.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

I could appreciate that information more if I knew it wasn't going to be abused by hackers to create Pokemon that look like they were obtained in Kalos when they were actually transferred in from a previous gen.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Yusuf View Post
    I am surprised that Arceus didn't get Dazzling Gleam as people expected it to get. I guess this means that we will be getting at least one of the Moonblast, Play Rough or Draining Kiss as a Tutor move 2 years from now, as Arceus gets at least one offensive move from each type(and tries to get at least one physical and one special move from each type when possible).

Hopefully same will be true for Boomburst, Icicle Crash, Avalanche, Power Gem and Aura Sphere.

Edit: As a side but important note, 4chan user pokebanku confirmed that hex values for Kalos pentagon are 0x18, 0x19, 0x1A, 0x1B, 0x1C, 0x1D, whereas 0X1E and 0x1F are "a faraway place". 0x18 and 0x19 are currently used for X and Y, so it is more likely that this is less a region notifier and more a game version variable.

tl;dr, four more versions after X/Y for Gen VI are planned. Hoenn may or may not be confirmed.
    Wouldn't say planned but rather futureproofed

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    I could appreciate that information more if I knew it wasn't going to be abused by hackers to create Pokemon that look like they were obtained in Kalos when they were actually transferred in from a previous gen.
    I guess they can just patch in a hack check that stops file conversion(since older games use different but similar format, if there is a file conversion in the first place ) if the game value is higher than possible(or lower, if there is such thing). They might also be able to check what games are sending which Pokémon and then check their hex values, but that would probably a bit more convoluted.

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Wouldn't say planned but rather futureproofed
    I guess that's the better term, but it is rather weird that they only noted four more variables as Kalosian and "ignored" the higher up variables. But of course, I can't ignore the whole Shadow Tag Litwick debacle.

Though if this is really a version variable, I wonder if the future games will have their own region/version notifiers, since this might just be a placeholder response for all Gen VI games as X/Y might not have any other image to show. But there are no future marks, then I guess GF might be serious about not letting previous generation moves in tournaments, as ridiculous as that sounds.
    Last edited by Trainer Yusuf; 29th December 2013 at 12:52 PM.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Yusuf View Post
    Though if this is really a version variable, I wonder if the future games will have their own region/version notifiers, since this might just be a placeholder response for all Gen VI games as X/Y might not have any other image to show. But there are no future marks, then I guess GF might be serious about not letting previous generation moves in tournaments, as ridiculous as that sounds.
    Either way, figuring out those hex values really does open up some interesting possibilities for future games. We're definitely way too early to start speculating, but if anything, that Strange Souvenir could definitely come into play.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Regirock

Don't know if this is the right place to place this question if not then please direct me to the right place. My question is in your opinion which 5 pokemon in the 6th generation are the best used in competitive play?
    White 2 Friend code : 1508-0208-9881
    Pokémon X Friend Code: 0275-7830-7079

Just completed the National Dex. "A shiny charm said to increase the change of finding a Shiny Pokémon in the wild."
    3DS Friend Code: 5069-4585-1055
    SV: 1845
    Flying-type (Tropius, Farfetch'd and Swanna)

Quote Originally Posted by HEB View Post
    Just completed the National Dex. "A shiny charm said to increase the change of finding a Shiny Pokémon in the wild."
    Yes, we already knew.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by shadowF View Post
    Don't know if this is the right place to place this question if not then please direct me to the right place. My question is in your opinion which 5 pokemon in the 6th generation are the best used in competitive play?
    If you go by what tops the Smogon usage statistics, you'd get Talonflame, Aegislash, Greninja, Klefki, and Goodra.

I've got an odd glitch that happens once in a while. This always happens after it levels up. My Zapdos went from level 75 to 76 or something and even though it was fully healed before it leveled up when it went to 76 it showed hp as 250/251. This isnt the first time this has happened.
    AmourShipping, AdvanceShipping, PearlShipping, SapphirePearlShipping

I'm curious.

Is it known whether or not transferred Pokemon are capable of relearning event moves and egg moves as Kalos native ones are?

Because that could possibly serve as a means of telling a truly Kalos native Pokemon from a shameless hack.

hi guys i do have a quick question if anyone has gotten that new Celebi with Hold Back move is it identical to False Swipe in that it won't affect Ghosts?
    IGN:Jessica
    3DS FC:0559-6817-0288
    Pokemon in Safari are Octillery, Floatzel, and Frogadier, Water Type

MMing: :679: 10 Eggs so far
    Success: 135 Eggs

Quote Originally Posted by quiz_master View Post
    hi guys i do have a quick question if anyone has gotten that new Celebi with Hold Back move is it identical to False Swipe in that it won't affect Ghosts?
    Well...it's Normal-type...so...no.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    Well...it's Normal-type...so...no.
    ugh then whats the point of releasing a new move thats identical to one already available...
    IGN:Jessica
    3DS FC:0559-6817-0288
    Pokemon in Safari are Octillery, Floatzel, and Frogadier, Water Type

MMing: :679: 10 Eggs so far
    Success: 135 Eggs

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    I'm curious.

Is it known whether or not transferred Pokemon are capable of relearning event moves and egg moves as Kalos native ones are?

Because that could possibly serve as a means of telling a truly Kalos native Pokemon from a shameless hack.
    I believe I saw on Smogon that, at the very least, event moves weren't remembered.
    Probably needs more testing though

Page 42 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast