Page 43 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1361

Thread: General Gameplay & Battle Mechanics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I believe I saw on Smogon that, at the very least, event moves weren't remembered.
    Probably needs more testing though
    Can a transferred Pokemon remember Egg moves that were deleted (before or after transfer)?
    Quote Originally Posted by quiz_master View Post
    ugh then whats the point of releasing a new move thats identical to one already available...
    Because Celebi can't learn the one that's available.

I have a question that doesn't seem to fit in anywhere...does anyone know what tipping people does? Because I have only sporadically been tipping NPCs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrantrum View Post
    I have a question that doesn't seem to fit in anywhere...does anyone know what tipping people does? Because I have only sporadically been tipping NPCs.
    It doesn't seem to have any effect.

I read theres a rumor going around that tipping increases your odds of encountering a shiny thou this is only a rumor at this time
    IGN:Jessica
    3DS FC:0559-6817-0288
    Pokemon in Safari are Octillery, Floatzel, and Frogadier, Water Type

MMing: :679: 10 Eggs so far
    Success: 135 Eggs

Quote Originally Posted by quiz_master View Post
    I read theres a rumor going around that tipping increases your odds of encountering a shiny thou this is only a rumor at this time
    It is just a rumor, spreading before the couple hackers were able to (I believe) determine that the shiny rate was in general increased.

It is curious to me, because there are NPC's in places that you otherwise don't have to go...they'll play a song for example and ask to be tipped. Also it makes me wonder why they would give you 3-4 different tipping amounts for something that doesn't seem to mean anything. Is it possible this could be a GameFreak update later on? It seems so...unnecessary and feels different in that it doesn't get you an immediate benefit.
    Last edited by Tyrantrum; 30th December 2013 at 8:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    I'm curious.

Is it known whether or not transferred Pokemon are capable of relearning event moves and egg moves as Kalos native ones are?

Because that could possibly serve as a means of telling a truly Kalos native Pokemon from a shameless hack.
    IIRC, there are four additional slots for moves at hatching in the new file format that don't exist in the previous format so if the event moves are using the same slots(which I'm pretty sure they do) it should be impossible to trick Pokébank with them.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

It is curious to me, because there are NPC's in places that you otherwise don't have to go...they'll play a song for example and ask to be tipped. Also it makes me wonder why they would give you 3-4 different tipping amounts for something that doesn't seem to mean anything. Is it possible this could be a GameFreak update later on? It seems so...unnecessary and feels different in that it doesn't get you an immediate benefit.
    Nope, it's just there for atmosphere and Video Game Caring Potential.

I encountered shinies the first two times I tipped those characters every amount, and nothing since.

FC is 4940-5550-1230

There's also a medal on the PGL for tipping, that's it, though.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Hello,

I noticed on the Serebii.net's section for XY: New Breeding Mechanics that it mentions the PokeBall transfer. Would someone explain what happens when using Ditto?
    My Friend Safari is FIRE!
    Larvesta
    Pansear
    Ninetales

The Pokeball will only pass down if the Pokemon Ditto is breeding with is female.

On an unrelated note, apparently, any Pokemon that's brought in with Pokebank will be stated as having "good memories it can't seem to remember" if brought to the memory checker. Meaning if you get a Pokemon that was supposedly hatched in Kalos but has that message, it means it's a hack. I'll laugh if they end up using this as a means of hack checking at this year's VGCs and the cheaters get mass DQ'd again.

The Pokeball will only pass down if the Pokemon Ditto is breeding with is female.

On an unrelated note, apparently, any Pokemon that's brought in with Pokebank will be stated as having "good memories it can't seem to remember" if brought to the memory checker. Meaning if you get a Pokemon that was supposedly hatched in Kalos but has that message, it means it's a hack. I'll laugh if they end up using this as a means of hack checking at this year's VGCs and the cheaters get mass DQ'd again.
    where is the memory checker? i'm assuming its an NPC somewhere in the games
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Greninja VI View Post
    where is the memory checker? i'm assuming its an NPC somewhere in the games
    It's the Furisode Girl outside of the Anistar City Pokemon Center.

Funny ways to check for hacks aside, wow that has some horrifying philosophical implications. Like they get amnesia or something when they get transferred; no longer remembering the good times they had with their trainer(s) of the past...

Quote Originally Posted by Silverevilchao View Post
    Funny ways to check for hacks aside, wow that has some horrifying philosophical implications. Like they get amnesia or something when they get transferred; no longer remembering the good times they had with their trainer(s) of the past...
    I'm guessing it might have been a mistranslation and is supposed to be "it cannot remember any good memories" (mainly because it has none, due to being hacked)

Can't know for sure unless someone here has a Japanese game and a hacked Pokemon, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post

Because Celebi can't learn the one that's available.
    Doesn't change the fact that GF could have let Celebi learn False Swipe, and use the space for an actual new move, instead of a mere copy of an old move with a new name.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Silverevilchao View Post
    More reason to not transfer my trained Pokemon from past games.

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    I'm guessing it might have been a mistranslation and is supposed to be "it cannot remember any good memories" (mainly because it has none, due to being hacked)
    Read his post again.
    Any pokemon from Pokebank says that, not just hacks. He's saying that if you were to trick the game/exploit pokebank to give non-Kalos-native Pokemon the pentagon, the memory girl would catch it due to saying the same thing as always.

By the way, I'm amazed this hasn't been pointed out before, but Sacred Sword got its PP reduced to 15 this generation. The pages for the musketeers, Aegislash and updated moves in general should be corrected.

is anyone else having as much fun as I am breeding and mutating berries?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Greninja VI View Post
    is anyone else having as much fun as I am breeding and mutating berries?
    Not much with the breeding, but I was actually just about to mention the berry mutating. I really like how you can get these mutated berries, but I really wish they had gone just one step further with the Kee and Maranga berries. Both of them are mutations of berries that were originally event exclusive (or Mirage Island exclusive, for the Leichi berry, but I've never met anyone who ever actually went to Mirage Island), and which are now mutations as well. What I think they should have done is go just a bit further by making a hybrid that combines the Kee and Maranga berries themselves, effectively merging 4 of these old event berries. Also, it would have been epic if they made a hybrid of the Lansat and Starf berries, since those are the hardest berries to get of all. Imagine what a berry like that would be able to do; a Pokemon with Harvest wielding that kind of power would be invincible >:)
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

What is this talk about mutating berries? 0.o
    I must know of this further waste of my time!
    Mainly on from 12a EST to 6a EST. Please don't VM me, I rarely check them.

At 85/100 friends, so I'm being a little more selective of the safaris I add. Usually this amounts to me asking what your 3DS ID name is.
    I have access to all starters from all generations, HA for only gen 1 and 6. Send a PM if there's one you want.

My 3DS ID is 1306-6462-3876
    In game name X-Jacob Y-Sam
    Safari: Growlithe - Charmelion - Braixen

Quote Originally Posted by Buttons View Post
    What is this talk about mutating berries? 0.o
    I must know of this further waste of my time!
    Try here:

http://www.serebii.net/xy/berryfields.shtml

I keep forgetting to stop by the Berry Fields.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 5th January 2014 at 4:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    ~~~~Joke~~~~

/////// Head.
    l - . - l

I know that berries can be mutated and thats how people get access to the EV reducing berries. I just havent had inclination to go and get them. Tho I could use a set for the effed up EV breeding I did on a couple pokemon. That or a quick guide to a way to farm Reset Bags from Super Training.
    Mainly on from 12a EST to 6a EST. Please don't VM me, I rarely check them.

At 85/100 friends, so I'm being a little more selective of the safaris I add. Usually this amounts to me asking what your 3DS ID name is.
    I have access to all starters from all generations, HA for only gen 1 and 6. Send a PM if there's one you want.

My 3DS ID is 1306-6462-3876
    In game name X-Jacob Y-Sam
    Safari: Growlithe - Charmelion - Braixen

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Read his post again.
    Any pokemon from Pokebank says that, not just hacks. He's saying that if you were to trick the game/exploit pokebank to give non-Kalos-native Pokemon the pentagon, the memory girl would catch it due to saying the same thing as always.
    ah yeah, you're right. Sorry about that.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Page 43 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast