Page 44 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1357

Thread: General Gameplay & Battle Mechanics Thread

Apparently the Amaze Mulch sucks. I used it on one Starf berry, a few Maranga berries, and a few Kee berries yesterday, but it turns out it's more trouble than it's worth. The soil only takes about 4-5 hours to go dry, which really sucks in this case because the Kee and Maranga berries take 4 days to grow while the Starf berry takes 5. I really hope the number of berries I get makes up for it, especially the Starf berries. However many Starf berries I get, I'll probably go ahead and plant all but one or two of them immediately. Hopefully I can also find someone who will trade me a Lansat berry for a Starf berry once I have a few extras.
    Still trying to come up with what could be like the ultimate berry effect, based on what berries we have and haven't had so far.
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    On an unrelated note, apparently, any Pokemon that's brought in with Pokebank will be stated as having "good memories it can't seem to remember" if brought to the memory checker. Meaning if you get a Pokemon that was supposedly hatched in Kalos but has that message, it means it's a hack. I'll laugh if they end up using this as a means of hack checking at this year's VGCs and the cheaters get mass DQ'd again.
    She says that about the Blazikenite Torchic as well.

So is that the point of the Memory Girl? She's a hack checker?
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    She says that about the Blazikenite Torchic as well.

So is that the point of the Memory Girl? She's a hack checker?
    No, it's just a cute side thing. Also as evidenced by the fact it carries to all Pokebank Pokemon.
    Like the NPCs who tell you what your team was for when you got badges

i have a quick question about completing the kalos dex. im assuming the answer is yes but i just wanna make sure. i need all three legendary birds to "complete" the kalos dex right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Greninja VI View Post
    i have a quick question about completing the kalos dex. im assuming the answer is yes but i just wanna make sure. i need all three legendary birds to "complete" the kalos dex right?

As long as they are registered in the dex in some manner (you catch and trade them yourself or test your luck at GTS or trading with someone else), but yes, the bird trio are required for completion.
    "I know, too, that death is the only god that comes when called." Robert Zelazny

3DS Friend code: 1650-1704-4324
    Safari: Bug type. Masquerain, Ledyba, Pinsir.

Pokemon Trade Offers (5th generation):

*FT: Shiny creation trio (Giratina/Palkia/Dialga), HA Kami Trio, Reshiram and Zekrom.
    *Looking for legitimate legendary or shiny Pokemon.

Animal Crossing Dream Address: 5300-3515-7188

Twitter: @ReallyEmily5
    Believe it or not, I'm a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by swampertlover5712 View Post
    As long as they are registered in the dex in some manner (you catch and trade them yourself or test your luck at GTS or trading with someone else), but yes, the bird trio are required for completion.
    thanks! i'll have to find someone thats willing to trade and trade back just so they can be registered to the dex. i literally only need them to get the oval charm so my pokemon can breed faster since im always shiny hunting

thanks! i'll have to find someone thats willing to trade and trade back just so they can be registered to the dex. i literally only need them to get the oval charm so my pokemon can breed faster since im always shiny hunting
    Actually, you don't need the Legendary Birds or Mewtwo to get the Oval Charm. I've had the Oval Charm for a while now, but I only recently logged Articuno as seen yesterday, as well as Moltres and Mewtwo this morning.

Made by Tini (FrozenConstellation).
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Wow, mention Liepard, and everyone's active. I should do this more often.

Quote Originally Posted by The Light Ruler View Post
    Actually, you don't need the Legendary Birds or Mewtwo to get the Oval Charm. I've had the Oval Charm for a while now, but I only recently logged Articuno as seen yesterday, as well as Moltres and Mewtwo this morning.
    zomg! So then I only need a Glyscor to complete the Kalos dex and not Zapdos and Glyscor. Good to know, checking to see if its accurate right now.
    Mainly on from 12a EST to 6a EST. Please don't VM me, I rarely check them.

At 85/100 friends, so I'm being a little more selective of the safaris I add. Usually this amounts to me asking what your 3DS ID name is.
    I have access to all starters from all generations, HA for only gen 1 and 6. Send a PM if there's one you want.

My 3DS ID is 1306-6462-3876
    In game name X-Jacob Y-Sam
    Safari: Growlithe - Charmelion - Braixen

Just taught my Noivern Boomburst didn't realize how OP that move is. 140 Base Power coupled with 100% accuracy, no recoil, no turn investments, and 10 PP. lol damn Game freak!

FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    Just taught my Noivern Boomburst didn't realize how OP that move is. 140 Base Power coupled with 100% accuracy, no recoil, no turn investments, and 10 PP. lol damn Game freak!
    there's a reason it only went to mediocre pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    there's a reason it only went to mediocre pokemon
    I wouldn't exactly call noivern "mediocre". Noivern's a pretty good special sweeper

FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

Only due to it's blazing speed, cascadethewarrior.
    Otherwise, Noivern sucks. There's a reason why Goodra is considered the Psuedolegendary and NOT Noivern.
    Sonic's the name, speed's my game!

Quote Originally Posted by Neosonic97 View Post
    Otherwise, Noivern sucks. There's a reason why Goodra is considered the Psuedolegendary and NOT Noivern.
    Pseudos aren't decided by how good the Pokemon is. Noivern isn't a pseudo because it doesn't have a 600 BST, isn't a three stage etc.

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    I wouldn't exactly call noivern "mediocre". Noivern's a pretty good special sweeper
    It has amazing speed and okay everything else
    There's a reason it's not an exceptionally used Pokemon, even with Boomburst

Quote Originally Posted by Neosonic97 View Post
    like Valoo. said, pseudos arent decided by fan popularity. there are actual "requirements" that some pokemon meet that make them pseudo legendaries.
    but anyway, noivern is rather mediocre it doesnt have much going for it besides its speed. its special attack is just short of good enough.

Quick question is it possible to get a hidden ability pokemon from a non horde, non friend safari encounter in the wild?
    fc: 4957-3723-6501
    Pokemon in Friend Safari: Snorunt. Bergmite. Piloswine

To the best of my knowledge no it isn't.
    FC: 1778-9489-4489 IGN: King Arceus
    Safari: Ferroseed, Klang, Bronzong
    Guides I've written:

VGC 2015 Season: 104 CP

Quote Originally Posted by pepsi child View Post
    Quick question is it possible to get a hidden ability pokemon from a non horde, non friend safari encounter in the wild?
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor dragonexpert View Post
    To the best of my knowledge no it isn't.
    It is not possible.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Ok ty it is going to be hard to get an HA Conkelder now.
    Last edited by pepsi child; 15th January 2014 at 1:16 PM.
    fc: 4957-3723-6501
    Pokemon in Friend Safari: Snorunt. Bergmite. Piloswine

Quote Originally Posted by pepsi child View Post
    Ok ty it is going to be hard to get an HA Conkelder now.
    Yep, the only way is through a Gen 5 Transfer. Not that it matters much for Conkeldurr because imo Iron Fist is pretty meh compared to Guts (which prevents you from being screwed by a burn).
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

I'm assuming many others will have said the same as me, but I cba looking through the many, many pages to find it...

But how isn't the Florges evolution line Fairy/ Grass types? Seems like an obvious typing to me!

Quote Originally Posted by MattySadler View Post
    I'm assuming many others will have said the same as me, but I cba looking through the many, many pages to find it...

But how isn't the Florges evolution line Fairy/ Grass types? Seems like an obvious typing to me!
    Well, there have been several speculations, with the primary ones being the fact that the flower being independent from the pixie's body(which is seemingly untrue for Florges' case) but obviously there is no official word on it. The most likely reason is probably the fact that Flower Veil will work on a Grass-type user as well as its Grass-type allies, and both of Florges' line's abilities were meant to for Double Battles. In other words, much like Plusle/Minun were forced for Doubles initially the evolutionary line is forced to be used in Doubles. This will likely change in the next even generation where we will likely see another set of Ability retcons/additions much like in this generation and in Gen IV, which will most likely happen sometime between 6 to 8 years from now.

Or alternatively, when alternate typings for Pokémon happen, which would also likely take the same amount of time.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, *******, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Yusuf View Post
    Or alternatively, when alternate typings for Pokémon happen, which would also likely take the same amount of time.
    They've retconned types before. Originally, Rotom's alternate forms kept its Electric/Ghost typing, but in 5th gen they changed it so the alternate forms gain their elemental type when changing forms. Also, several Pokemon changed types this gen with Fairy's introduction. So they can change Flabebe/Floette/Florges to Fairy/Grass if they want. Or just give Florges a Fairy/Grass Mega Evolution.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I doubt that they'd retcon the Flabébé family's type; Rotom was a weird case due to having its forms introduced mid-gen (and being otherwise indistinguishable from each other beyond the special move), and every other case was due to the introduction of a new type retroactively applied to previously existing Pokemon.

I'd think that if GameFreak wanted Florges or its pre-evolutions to be half Grass-type, they would've made them so; it's possible that they planned a Mega Evolution to tie it all together somewhere down the line, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

I find it bizarre that it's not part Grass. It sort of made sense with Flabébé because it just held the flower, but the flower is actually part of Florges so it would have been perfect for it to become part Grass. And even beyond that, it would have been nice to separate it from the four other pure Fairy lines we got this gen (particularly Sylveon, since they have pretty similar stat spreads).

Page 44 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast