Page 45 of 54 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1343

Thread: General Gameplay & Battle Mechanics Thread

Wish Hyper Voice became a TM move this generation as Aurorus and Mega-Gardevoir would have loved that move with their abilities, especially in doubles. Both look like they could let out powerful screams aswell, sucks their best Normal move is Hyper Beam.
    Last edited by MechaBulba; 15th January 2014 at 10:11 PM.
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles, Trades and Friend Safari (Dark Type: Pawniard, Sandile & Inkay).
    STOP SENDING ME FROAKIE VIA WONDER TRADE!

Quote Originally Posted by MechaBulba View Post
    Wish Hyper Voice became a TM move this generation as Aurorus and Mega-Gardevoir would have loved that move with their abilities, especially in doubles. Both look like they could let out powerful screams aswell, sucks their best Normal move is Hyper Beam.
    Pixilate Sylveon would appreciate it too.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Pixilate Sylveon would appreciate it too.
    Pretty much anything that knows Pixilate in general would appreciate it. It's a shame, Pixilate is a good ability on paper, but considering there's not many special Normal type attacks or physically oriented Fairy types, it's nearly useless.

I'm kind of disappointed that they didn't tackle some of these physical/special imbalance issues in XY, a lot of types could use some better options.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 16th January 2014 at 2:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I really hope they do something to nerf Talonflame and Mega Kangaskhan's abilities in a future game, because seeing them on around 80% of the WiFi and VGC teams is getting rather tiresome.

I'm not sure how they thought having a Pokemon with a 180 BP priority move and a Pokemon who gets an effective 50% damage increase to all of its moves despite already having a high attack stat would be balanced by any stretch of the imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    I really hope they do something to nerf Talonflame and Mega Kangaskhan's abilities in a future game, because seeing them on around 80% of the WiFi and VGC teams is getting rather tiresome.

I'm not sure how they thought having a Pokemon with a 180 BP priority move and a Pokemon who gets an effective 50% damage increase to all of its moves despite already having a high attack stat would be balanced by any stretch of the imagination.
    Don't you know the game is all about hyper offense now? :P
    Mainly on from 12a EST to 6a EST. Please don't VM me, I rarely check them.

At 85/100 friends, so I'm being a little more selective of the safaris I add. Usually this amounts to me asking what your 3DS ID name is.
    I have access to all starters from all generations, HA for only gen 1 and 6. Send a PM if there's one you want.

My 3DS ID is 1306-6462-3876
    In game name X-Jacob Y-Sam
    Safari: Growlithe - Charmelion - Braixen

Quote Originally Posted by Buttons View Post
    Don't you know the game is all about hyper offense now? :P
    What we need is a Mega Shuckle.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    What we need is a Mega Shuckle.
    Mega Blissey and Mega Ferrothorn would be good too.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Pretty much anything that knows Pixilate in general would appreciate it. It's a shame, Pixilate is a good ability on paper, but considering there's not many special Normal type attacks or physically oriented Fairy types, it's nearly useless.

I'm kind of disappointed that they didn't tackle some of these physical/special imbalance issues in XY, a lot of types could use some better options.
    Well, the only two Pokemon with Pixilate get Hyper Voice via move tutor in B2/W2, so I'd say the ability lives up to its potential, to a reasonable extent. That said, I'd much prefer if it was a TM as well. As for the physical/special imbalance...well, at least we're much further than we were back in Gen 1-3.

Mega Blissey and Mega Ferrothorn would be good too.
    Only if Blissey doesn't become Fairy type. Please.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Dunsparce!

Quote Originally Posted by Psynergy View Post
    Well, the only two Pokemon with Pixilate get Hyper Voice via move tutor in B2/W2, so I'd say the ability lives up to its potential, to a reasonable extent. That said, I'd much prefer if it was a TM as well.
    I wouldn't be surprised if it came back as a tutor move in ArcSin and ArcCos or whatever the next games are.

Though, it wouldn't be all that necessary beyond alleviating the need to Poke Transport; Mega Pinsir is physical, and Aurorus has Tri Attack (which makes up for the slightly lower base power with the secondary effect).

Grow a Gunk Shot, you big baby.

I wouldn't be surprised if it came back as a tutor move in ArcSin and ArcCos or whatever the next games are.

Though, it wouldn't be all that necessary beyond alleviating the need to Poke Transport; Mega Pinsir is physical, and Aurorus has Tri Attack (which makes up for the slightly lower base power with the secondary effect).
    inb4 Stealth Rock doesn't return as a move tutor. But yeah, most previous tutor moves do end up returning again in the next games tutors are available, so I wouldn't be surprised if Hyper Voice became one either. On that note, we need Sucker Punch to come back as a tutor.

Grow a Gunk Shot, you big baby.
    Ehh...no, thanks.

Well, the only two Pokemon with Pixilate get Hyper Voice via move tutor in B2/W2, so I'd say the ability lives up to its potential, to a reasonable extent. That said, I'd much prefer if it was a TM as well.
    I guess, but relying on a past gen move tutor in order to get any significant use out of it is pretty annoying, they should make more accessible moves that could benefit from the ability.

Dear God, Fairy type Mega Blissey would be a nightmare.

On that note, we need Sucker Punch to come back as a tutor.
    uuuuuggggghhhhhh you know what we need back as a tutor

Knock Off

and also Defog

I guess, but relying on a past gen move tutor in order to get any significant use out of it is pretty annoying, they should make more accessible moves that could benefit from the ability.
    I suppose you have a point there, but at least it's not a useless ability for them.

Dear God, Fairy type Mega Blissey would be a nightmare.
    And then they'd buff its defense.

Knock Off

and also Defog
    Oh, yes. And considering their huge buffs this Gen, they seems very plausible as a tutor. That, and Knock Off already was one last time.

Knock Off

and also Defog
    I agree on the former, but the latter I'd rather have it return to TM/HM Status simply because it's easier than a one-time Tutor collecting whatever is needed.

I don't think Talonflame will be nerfed. It's still easy to get rid off. Kangaskhan sure, but I don't know how would they acheive that. At least I wish they would knock down it's ridiculous speed, on 167 max on lvl.50 it's the same Speed as Mega Blaziken. Are they serious? Kanghaskhan is as fast as Blaziken? Madness.

It seems to me that GF rather prefers to put in bigger threats than to nerf older threats, and I like them for that, because I don't have to change my team a lot. For example, Mega Gyarados and Mega Kangaskhan put down a lot of Gen 5 ubers. But that's just in my view of things.

They need to nerf Parental Bond's power to be more in line with the damage boosting abilities that are limited to certain moves or have drawbacks. It gives Mega Kangaskhan too much immediate power, gives it an easy way to make itself even stronger, and nullifies Focus Sash and Sturdy. An ability with so many benefits to it is really something only a legendary Pokemon deserves.

As for Gale Wings, I think it ought to either weaken the moves that affects, or should only work on moves of a certain BP and lower like Technician. Priority Brave Bird basically turns every frail/Flying weak Pokemon on your team into a liability until Talonflame is gone, which makes it far, far more of a threat then countless other sweepers, moreso because you can't simply use a Choice Scarfed Pokemon to deal with it as you could a lot of others.

They need to nerf Parental Bond's power to be more in line with the damage boosting abilities that are limited to certain moves or have drawbacks. It gives Mega Kangaskhan too much immediate power, gives it an easy way to make itself even stronger, and nullifies Focus Sash and Sturdy. An ability with so many benefits to it is really something only a legendary Pokemon deserves.

As for Gale Wings, I think it ought to either weaken the moves that affects, or should only work on moves of a certain BP and lower like Technician. Priority Brave Bird basically turns every frail/Flying weak Pokemon on your team into a liability until Talonflame is gone, which makes it far, far more of a threat then countless other sweepers, moreso because you can't simply use a Choice Scarfed Pokemon to deal with it as you could a lot of others.
    Well the only upside of the introduction of gale wings is that now quick guard now protects from moves increased priority because of prankster and gale wings and you can continuously successfully use it every time without it failing. I do wonder why I don't see quick guard more often in random double battles.

If there is only a move that protects the team from multi-hit moves, then that would definitely cripple a mega Khanguskhan.

And then they'd buff its defense.
    I could actually totally see a hypothetical Mega Blissey with +30 SpA, just to continue the whole Gen I throwback kick they're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    I agree on the former, but the latter I'd rather have it return to TM/HM Status simply because it's easier than a one-time Tutor collecting whatever is needed.
    Making it a TM/HM implies that it would become a field move again as well, though.

I could actually totally see a hypothetical Mega Blissey with +30 SpA, just to continue the whole Gen I throwback kick they're doing.
    You know, I'd actually be okay with that. I imagine they'd also boost its useless attack by at least 10, though.

Making it a TM/HM implies that it would become a field move again as well, though.
    As much as I'd hate to see fog return D/P/Pt style, they could always go the Gen 5 Rock Smash and make it a standalone TM without the field purpose. Though I guess using the same logic would mean it would still probably return as a field move later anyway.

Talonflame has base 81 attack....yes it's unique ability gives it a cool niche but it's far form uncounterable/broken.
    I AM THE "COOLEST" TENTACOOL

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Edge View Post
    I don't think Talonflame will be nerfed. It's still easy to get rid off. Kangaskhan sure, but I don't know how would they acheive that. At least I wish they would knock down it's ridiculous speed, on 167 max on lvl.50 it's the same Speed as Mega Blaziken. Are they serious? Kanghaskhan is as fast as Blaziken? Madness.
    Not that crazy
    Normal Kangaskhan has 10 more base speed than Normal Blaziken, and Mega Blaziken got a 20 point boost & Speed Boost while Kanga got 10 more
    I mean, to put it another way, both are the same speed as things like Charizard, Miltank, Tentacruel etc.

also another small point but
    An ability with so many benefits to it is really something only a legendary Pokemon deserves.
    For what it's worth, I remember Masuda (?) making a comment that Megas were supposed to be on par with legendaries (which just highlights the subpar megas but that's a different issue I suppose).
    That said I could easily see it being altered (ie: less damage, wont boost things like Earthquake in singles, etc) in future gens. Especially if they ever introduce anyone with the same gimmick.

Yeah I'd love a complete stat switch with Mega Blissey becoming an all out attacker. Maybe becoming Normal/Fighting just for a laugh? Anyway's this is not the time and place...

Back in B/W without online play I spent all my time in the Battle Institute testing out Doubles teams and tactics. I had yet to partake in the facility within X/Y until today and oh man am I happy. Now not only do you get precious vitamins and PP-UPs but also Battle Points, 15 a pop for a maxed out rank, plus it saves your top records so you can compare teams. For me this makes it much better than the Maison which can be a drag getting up to the high point scores. So from now on I'll be using the Battle Institute for point collecting and team testing, whilst also killing time till Bank is re-released.
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles, Trades and Friend Safari (Dark Type: Pawniard, Sandile & Inkay).
    STOP SENDING ME FROAKIE VIA WONDER TRADE!

Quick question, with the changes in breeding for Pokeball passing, if I was to catch an eevee with a luxury ball and breed it, would all the baby eevees have double the happiness when evolved?

Quote Originally Posted by mylifemyworld17 View Post
    Quick question, with the changes in breeding for Pokeball passing, if I was to catch an eevee with a luxury ball and breed it, would all the baby eevees have double the happiness when evolved?
    Provided that the captured Eevee was female, all of the offspring would have all positive changes to their friendship stat multiplied by 1.5, rounded down to the nearest integer.
    Last edited by Excitable Boy; 18th January 2014 at 9:00 PM.

Provided that the captured Eevee was female, all of the offspring would have all positive changes to their friendship stat multiplied by 1.5, rounded down to the nearest integer.
    Hmm that's interesting, that'd be perfect for getting a bunch of synchronizers with different natures for various situations. I unfortunately chained a shiny phantump with a terrible timid nature. It's borderline useless competitively, And i had a synchronizer with Impish nature but i'm assuming the 50% failed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Page 45 of 54 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 ... LastLast