Page 46 of 55 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647484950 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1361

Thread: General Gameplay & Battle Mechanics Thread

After reading conflicting data on various sites, I did a test of the flinch rate on Serene Grace Togekiss's Air Slash rate with Razor Fang equipped.

59/100 Air Slash attacks caused a flinch. (This only includes non-lethal Air Slashes against slower opponents without Inner Focus. Testing was done in the Battle Maison Super Single Battles.)

It'd need more testing for certainty, but this likely indicates the Razor Fang does not increase Flinch rate on moves that already flinch.

Is there any point in tipping besides getting the Gratitude medal?
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Is there any point in tipping besides getting the Gratitude medal?
    it was previously rumoured to increase shiny odds buuut i think most agree that its not really the case. in other words, there is most likely no point in tipping besides the medal
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Considering that wild Golett's seem to be the only way to obtain a Light Clay the item should be atleast 50% likely to be held, as the 5% chance rate is ridiculous. Spent like an hour this morning trying to get one, so stupid for one item. Or how about this... PUT IT IN A SHOP!
    Team Shut-down
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles, Trades and Friend Safari (Dark Type: Pawniard, Sandile & Inkay).
    STOP SENDING ME FROAKIE VIA WONDER TRADE!

Quote Originally Posted by MechaBulba View Post
    Considering that wild Golett's seem to be the only way to obtain a Light Clay the item should be atleast 50% likely to be held, as the 5% chance rate is ridiculous. Spent like an hour this morning trying to get one, so stupid for one item. Or how about this... PUT IT IN A SHOP!
    seriously i spent about an hour getting one too. the way i did it to make it loads easier is just carried a gourgeist with frisk and thief and the moment i saw one it was quick and done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Might have missed it but - short of battling in the Restaurants - what's the best and/or cheapest method of getting your stylishness up in Lumiose City?
    Pokemon Y
    Kalos Gym Badges: 8 | Elite Four Wins: 1 | Pokedex: 213 | Time: 20:19

Pokemon X
    Kalos Gym Badges: 8 | Elite Four Wins: 1 | Pokedex: 208 | Time: 14:51

3DS Friend Code - 3024 - 6764 - 1919
    Friend Safari: Bug - Ledyba, Volbeat, Pinsir

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGazmon View Post
    Might have missed it but - short of battling in the Restaurants - what's the best and/or cheapest method of getting your stylishness up in Lumiose City?
    Repeatedly buying Premier Balls is your best bet.
    AS:

If you buy 100 Premier balls individually you'll max your style.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    If you buy 100 Premier balls individually you'll max your style.
    Well, that's convenient.
    Pokemon Y

Pokemon X

Does anybody know why my serene grace togekiss can only make people flinch with air slash about 1/25 times instead of 60%? is it a glitch or am i not reading something correctly? this happens both against npcs in game, wild pokemon, and battling online. i almost never get flinches and i've used the move at least 100 times now

That's not how probability works in this case. It means in each individual instance, you have a 60% chance of making the opponent flinch, as if you were rolling a loaded die each time.

In the same way that flipping a coin 100 times doesn't guarantee you'll get exactly 50 heads and 50 tails, it doesn't automatically mean that if you try 100 times, you'll get a flinch 60 of those times.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by pokefan9 View Post
    Does anybody know why my serene grace togekiss can only make people flinch with air slash about 1/25 times instead of 60%? is it a glitch or am i not reading something correctly? this happens both against npcs in game, wild pokemon, and battling online. i almost never get flinches and i've used the move at least 100 times now
    Bear in mind that flinching can only occur if the Pokemon trying to inflict the flinch moves before the target/s, and Pokemon with the Ability Inner Focus can't be flinched at all.
    Last edited by Excitable Boy; 22nd January 2014 at 4:11 AM.

So they apparently updated Pokebank's hack checks so those fake Kalos native Pokemon can't make it through anymore, among other blatantly hacked things.

I'm really glad for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    So they apparently updated Pokebank's hack checks so those fake Kalos native Pokemon can't make it through anymore, among other blatantly hacked things.

Unfortunately, that also means that we will not be able to check the remaining values of the locations and the items, at least for now.

Thankfully we got the most important information, the additional four game values that give us the Kalos pentagon, from a while ago.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post

The bad things is.. cloning exists. It doesn't matter that much if hacked Pokemon can make it through now... People will clone and spread them. :P

I hope the Pokemon Bank release outside of Japan won't take more than 3 days. >:/

Spoiler:- I'm looking for:
    Please help. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Hasty Jynx View Post
    The bad things is.. cloning exists. It doesn't matter that much if hacked Pokemon can make it through now... People will clone and spread them. :P

I hope the Pokemon Bank release outside of Japan won't take more than 3 days. >:/
    Nintendo UK's twitter feed has been talking about "preparing for the European Release" so maybe - maybe - it won't be long now.

Wonder if they'll re-extend the free trial period to accomodate the rest of the world? The extension in Japan means it's, what, an additional month free that they're getting? Also, wonder if they'll release the Scizor and Gengar that just got redistributed in Japan.
    Last edited by JohnGazmon; 22nd January 2014 at 8:24 PM.
    Pokemon Y

Pokemon X

Of course the free trial will be extended
    Why wouldn't it

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Of course the free trial will be extended
    Why wouldn't it
    Because they've just extended it now until February 21st, but it's still only out in Japan. They're getting on for three months or so without neccessarily generating revenue from Bank.
    Pokemon Y

Pokemon X

Because they've just extended it now until February 21st, but it's still only out in Japan. They're getting on for three months or so without neccessarily generating revenue from Bank.
    February 21st is the last date on which you can start a 30-day free trial of Pokemon Bank; if you downloaded it back in December, your free trial is just running out now.

It's not "Bank is free for everyone until this date," it's "after this date you won't get a free month."

The extension's going to be different for each region, why would they just go off of Japan, especially since they already got it first? XD
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    February 21st is the last date on which you can start a 30-day free trial of Pokemon Bank; if you downloaded it back in December, your free trial is just running out now.

It's not "Bank is free for everyone until this date," it's "after this date you won't get a free month."
    Oh right. Well, I look rather foolish now.
    Pokemon Y

Pokemon X

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post

No offense to you, but that's absolutely unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Edge View Post
    No offense to you, but that's absolutely unfair.
    They're most likely going to extend the period during which you can get the free trial for the North Americans and Europeans.

So is there any information on what Poketransfer looks at in order to pass the hack check? I'm hearing that there were some added changes to it or is does it check pokemon the same way it did in its December release?

Well I Have a question that is off the current topic though I am also looking forward to Pokemon bank as much as the next fan.

I had a friend that posed a question and i decided to test it for myself but having been unable to prove it I'm going to ask here before I declare this myth busted

Most on here know that Ditto has a hidden ability called imposter my question is this, If you were to put a imposter ditto in with a male pokemon the ditto would take the place of a female right? if that is the case would the females 50% chance of passing down their ability apply here? Or is it a case of Ditto's lack of a formal gender means it defaults to the males 20% chance of passing down the ability?
    3DS friend Code: 2020-0208-4013, need friends for friend safari so please PM me yours as well
    Rock type Friend Safari with Boldore, Corsola, and Barbaracle

Page 46 of 55 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647484950 ... LastLast