Page 47 of 55 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1361

Thread: General Gameplay & Battle Mechanics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TKDTJU View Post
    Well I Have a question that is off the current topic though I am also looking forward to Pokemon bank as much as the next fan.

I had a friend that posed a question and i decided to test it for myself but having been unable to prove it I'm going to ask here before I declare this myth busted

Most on here know that Ditto has a hidden ability called imposter my question is this, If you were to put a imposter ditto in with a male pokemon the ditto would take the place of a female right? if that is the case would the females 50% chance of passing down their ability apply here? Or is it a case of Ditto's lack of a formal gender means it defaults to the males 20% chance of passing down the ability?
    Ditto can not pass down any sort of ability, period.

Quote Originally Posted by TKDTJU View Post
    Well I Have a question that is off the current topic though I am also looking forward to Pokemon bank as much as the next fan.

I had a friend that posed a question and i decided to test it for myself but having been unable to prove it I'm going to ask here before I declare this myth busted

Most on here know that Ditto has a hidden ability called imposter my question is this, If you were to put a imposter ditto in with a male pokemon the ditto would take the place of a female right? if that is the case would the females 50% chance of passing down their ability apply here? Or is it a case of Ditto's lack of a formal gender means it defaults to the males 20% chance of passing down the ability?
    Where do people get this idea from?

As R_N said, a Ditto (even with its HA) will never affect the passing of a HA from the pokemon its being bred with. If the pokemon you are breeding the Ditto with does not have its HA it can not get its HA from that breeding pair.
    Mainly on from 12a EST to 6a EST. Please don't VM me, I rarely check them.

At 85/100 friends, so I'm being a little more selective of the safaris I add. Usually this amounts to me asking what your 3DS ID name is.
    I have access to all starters from all generations, HA for only gen 1 and 6. Send a PM if there's one you want.

My 3DS ID is 1306-6462-3876
    In game name X-Jacob Y-Sam
    Safari: Growlithe - Charmelion - Braixen

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGazmon View Post
    Nintendo UK's twitter feed has been talking about "preparing for the European Release" so maybe - maybe - it won't be long now.

Wonder if they'll re-extend the free trial period to accomodate the rest of the world? The extension in Japan means it's, what, an additional month free that they're getting? Also, wonder if they'll release the Scizor and Gengar that just got redistributed in Japan.
    Wohoo.. seems like it really won't take long now.

@Infinity Edge, your gif is funny
    I really love these Pokemon Bank gif's! xD

Spoiler:- I'm looking for:
    Please help. :3

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Ditto can not pass down any sort of ability, period.
    Thank you like I said I tested the theory for myself and came to the same conclusion
    3DS friend Code: 2020-0208-4013, need friends for friend safari so please PM me yours as well
    Rock type Friend Safari with Boldore, Corsola, and Barbaracle

Quick question...I think it's pretty obvious to everyone that deerling have set forms in this game but the only kind you can find in XY is spring...would it be like vivillon where even if you breed a summer sawbuck, you still end up with a spring deerling? Also what's the case with the blue gastrodon as well?
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Future Omega Ruby Team:

Quote Originally Posted by XXD17 View Post
    Quick question...I think it's pretty obvious to everyone that deerling have set forms in this game but the only kind you can find in XY is spring...would it be like vivillon where even if you breed a summer sawbuck, you still end up with a spring deerling? Also what's the case with the blue gastrodon as well?
    I know Fairy Girl or Pokemon X Master Girl were discussing this and one of them got a Winter Sawsbuck a while back. Maybe send either a PM and check.

e: Fairly certain the Sawsbuck was Pokebank traded and retained its season look after breeding (~80% sure).
    Last edited by Buttons; 27th January 2014 at 7:58 AM.

At 85/100 friends, so I'm being a little more selective of the safaris I add. Usually this amounts to me asking what your 3DS ID name is.
    I have access to all starters from all generations, HA for only gen 1 and 6. Send a PM if there's one you want.

im sorry if this has been discussed but is there a reason why the type gems except for normal arent found in XY? kind of a shame since my staple competitive gliscor was a flying gem acrobatics set /:
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Greninja VI View Post
    im sorry if this has been discussed but is there a reason why the type gems except for normal arent found in XY? kind of a shame since my staple competitive gliscor was a flying gem acrobatics set /:
    It is only so you will buy the next games. Just like why Pokéblock berries aren't available even as maniac items.

Of course, one might argue that it is for the Gems' extreme popularity in the VGCs, but they are already nerfed from %50 boost to %30 boost so that's mostly irrelevant.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

They're still in the game's coding, so I reckon they'll be made available sooner or later.

Being nerfed down to a 30% damage increase more or less makes them useful only on Pokemon with Unburden, though.

Is it me or do you seem to have a better chance of finding shinies in the Friend Safari? Because I've been getting them quite frequently there.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Is it me or do you seem to have a better chance of finding shinies in the Friend Safari? Because I've been getting them quite frequently there.
    Yep; I don't know the exact odds of finding one, but it's increased in Friend Safaris versus in the wild. :B
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

You have a higher chance when your friend is online.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Edge View Post
    You have a higher chance when your friend is online.
    I'm not sure I believe that you necessarily HAVE to be online at the same time, because I got 2 shiny Meditites in a Friend Safari when he wasn't online. But I can definitely tell there's an increased rate there, since I've been getting them at an ungodly frequency. Here's what I've gotten there:

Toxicroak: Obtained on 1/14, friend was online
    Gloom: 1/14, online
    Zebstrika: 1/24, online
    Meditite: 1/25, not online
    Dusclops: 1/27, online
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 27th January 2014 at 9:14 PM.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I'm not sure I believe that you necessarily HAVE to be online at the same time, because I got 2 shiny Meditites in a Friend Safari when he wasn't online. But I can definitely tell there's an increased rate there, since I've been getting them at an ungodly frequency. Here's what I've gotten there:

Yeah, the person doesn't have to be online; I think it might possibly have to do more with being connected to the internet. However, I'm not 100% sure if that too might have an impact since I found 3 of mine while I was connected.
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

Oh, all those in under 30 tries? Cool. Was it with Shiny Charm or without?

Oh, all those in under 30 tries? Cool. Was it with Shiny Charm or without?
    That's not how many tries, that's the date I captured them on (if I had to estimate how many tries it took, I'd say about 200). I've gotten them within about 2 weeks of each other. It's probably not that impressive, but it does indicate that there's an increased encounter rate, because the odds are slim to none that you would get that many within a day or two of each other with the usual 1/4096 odds.

I don't have the Shiny Charm yet.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 27th January 2014 at 9:27 PM.

have a couple of questions chikorita leaf guard is unreleased right?
    also whats the chance of pokemon having its ha in a horde?? cause i am looking for a plusle lighting rod and still havent got one.... :/
    3883-6008-7187

Quote Originally Posted by sunny phoenix View Post
    have a couple of questions chikorita leaf guard is unreleased right?
    None of the HA 2nd and 5th gen starters have been released yet, no.

Quote Originally Posted by sunny phoenix View Post
    also whats the chance of pokemon having its ha in a horde?? cause i am looking for a plusle lighting rod and still havent got one.... :/
    I'd actually like to know that one myself. I've not found any source with conclusive data on the percentage, but one thing's certain, HA Pokemon in hordes are not common. Not to mention how tedious it is checking every single Pokemon, especially if it's a Yawn spamming Slowpoke horde.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

From what I have expierenced the chance of getting a songle HA pokemon in a horde is ~15%. Remember that 5 pokemon show up in a horde so every 1-2 there should be one with its HA.

I have hunted Slowpoke (Insomnia Drowzee ftw), Glygar, Mareep, Glupin, Nidoran, Carbink (do not ever do this), Psyduck, Exeggcute, and Foongus. and generally after 2-3 encounters you can find one with its HA.

To be safe, it'd probably be a good idea to force their Hidden Ability to trigger if you can.

To be safe, it'd probably be a good idea to force their Hidden Ability to trigger if you can.
    The problem that often comes up, at least in those that interest me, is that there's no way to trigger their ability. Truant Durant is an easy one to check since it just requires two turns at most to figure out if one has the ability, but others like Slowpoke aren't so simple to check.

As for percentages, it takes me a good 8-10 (or more) hordes to find a HA, so I don't know about that high of a chance. I almost doubt I have that bad of luck with HA Pokemon.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

You can try using Role Play to copy their ability, I suppose?

You can try using Role Play to copy their ability, I suppose?
    Role Play, Simple Beam, Skill Swap, it all works similarly. It's just that it's a little tedious having to do that all the time, so it's definitely nicer when you can just use something like rain to check Rain Dish Wingulls, or Discharge for HA Plusle/Minun (which is probably a terrible idea to even attempt looking for).

I never thought I'd see the day when I have an easier time finding shinies than I do a Breloom holding a Kebia Berry.

Page 47 of 55 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 ... LastLast