Page 50 of 55 FirstFirst ... 40464748495051525354 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1361

Thread: General Gameplay & Battle Mechanics Thread

Is it just me but is the first pokemon encounter on route 2 always turns out to be pidgey? Every time I start a new file and step foot into the tall grass on route 2 it's always pidgey! I even tested this out be restarting the game 5 times right after another and got the same thing. I wonder why they'd fix something like that
    Last edited by cascadethewarrior; 10th February 2014 at 7:54 PM.

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    Is it just me but is the first pokemon encounter on route 2 always turns out to be pidgey? Every time I start a new file and step foot into the tall grass on route 2 it's always pidgey! I even tested this out be restarting the game 5 times right after another and got the same thing. I wonder why they'd fix something like that
    I think maybe twice out of about 10 times I got something other than pidgey.
    So it's not just you or your game.
    LLR

P.S.
    East Sea Shellos (blue) with HA available
    I trade Vivillons for Vivillons and have a All 18 non-event of patterns. Ask!
    Dex 718/718 Thank you ShinyPanda! Living Dex: 711/718.

My Friend Code: 1907-9797-0140. In game name: Sage.
    I'm using this one for trades and to check safaris for folks.
    I'll be periodically deleting older cards from my friend list.
    If you still want access just let me know and I'll be happy to add you again.

Can someone tell m what moves give Typhlosion the battle animation wear his mane ignites and he roars while flaming his arms? Are there any damaging moves that execute this or is it all the generic "down on all fours" one that looks really odd

Im thinking Round may do it but I haven't got enough points to test this
    3DS Friend Code: 3196-3511-1551 Friend Safari:

Omega Ruby Team:

Alpha Saphire Team:

Quote Originally Posted by Smeargle1987 View Post
    Can someone tell m what moves give Typhlosion the battle animation wear his mane ignites and he roars while flaming his arms? Are there any damaging moves that execute this or is it all the generic "down on all fours" one that looks really odd

Im thinking Round may do it but I haven't got enough points to test this
    I believe it would be special moves.

I hope they address the frame rate issues in future games.

It seems like Pokemon that have a lot of moving parts on them like Hydreigon make the game lag significantly more then others. Just having one of them out in a triple battle caused noticeable slowdown, but it got significantly worse when I threw my second one into the mix.

I always feel like night is non-exsistant in X&Y. I hope they bring back the system they were using with past Gens.
    #BuyUltraviolance

Quote Originally Posted by Takaru View Post
    I always feel like night is non-exsistant in X&Y. I hope they bring back the system they were using with past Gens.
    I agree. Night feels like early morning. It's so bright even at midnight.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    I thought i was the only one who noticed this. it is quite bothersome especially when past games actually represented nighttime a lot better. I remember DPPt it would get very dark at nighttime and sort of orange right before it. That would make a nice touch for the next installment
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Greninja VI View Post
    I thought i was the only one who noticed this. it is quite bothersome especially when past games actually represented nighttime a lot better. I remember DPPt it would get very dark at nighttime and sort of orange right before it. That would make a nice touch for the next installment
    They at least did a pretty nice job, I think, on the 'mega stone search hour'. It just seems to go right back into day, unfortunately, instead of using that transition to their advantage.
    Heyahowsitgoin
    Addmewhydontcha
    3DS (IGN: Luna): 3625-9695-2604

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    I hope they address the frame rate issues in future games.

It seems like Pokemon that have a lot of moving parts on them like Hydreigon make the game lag significantly more then others. Just having one of them out in a triple battle caused noticeable slowdown, but it got significantly worse when I threw my second one into the mix.
    It also lags significantly when i put the 3d on, does this happen to anyone else?
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    I'm guessing that's for visibility, since the movement grid isn't as well defined in XY, meaning there's less contrast.

Quote Originally Posted by Exeggudork View Post
    It also lags significantly when i put the 3d on, does this happen to anyone else?
    I've not used the 3D much at all for any game, so I haven't noticed further frame rate drops than usual. But the frame rate thing is definitely annoying, especially against Dana in the Battle Maison. Triple Battle leader with all three legendary birds? Plus me using Zapdos as well? Oh god, the frame rate drop. I don't even want to know what max 3D would do to that.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Quote Originally Posted by Psynergy View Post
    I've not used the 3D much at all for any game, so I haven't noticed further frame rate drops than usual. But the frame rate thing is definitely annoying, especially against Dana in the Battle Maison. Triple Battle leader with all three legendary birds? Plus me using Zapdos as well? Oh god, the frame rate drop. I don't even want to know what max 3D would do to that.
    It wouldn't do anything, since there's no 3D in any fight with more than two Pokemon on-screen at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    It wouldn't do anything, since there's no 3D in any fight with more than two Pokemon on-screen at once.
    Yeah, happened to figure that out right after when I decided to check my own battle video on it. Still, the lag is very significant either way. I mean, not like it's the worst thing ever, but it's hard to ignore the lag that results.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...ostPageIndex=3

so this interview with Masuda showed a few neat insights into various odds and ends, but the one that caught my eye was
    Is there any advantage to giving a tip to the camera man, or the story teller? I always offered a good tip, because I didn’t want them to think I was a jerk.

Thanks for the tips! (laughs)

I think we'll be announcing what we wanted to do in regards to tips on the Pokémon Global Link or elsewhere soon.
    The phrasing is a little weird, but I think he might be saying that tipping will have some effect onnnn something I guess. It's not referring to the medal you get, at least; that's been available since it released.
    Alternatively he means "what we wanted to do in regards to tips" as talking about a scrapped mechanic, but that'd be a weird thing to announce, much less on PGL

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...ostPageIndex=3

so this interview with Masuda showed a few neat insights into various odds and ends, but the one that caught my eye was

The phrasing is a little weird, but I think he might be saying that tipping will have some effect onnnn something I guess. It's not referring to the medal you get, at least; that's been available since it released.
    Alternatively he means "what we wanted to do in regards to tips" as talking about a scrapped mechanic, but that'd be a weird thing to announce, much less on PGL
    Well at least we'll finally have one mystery put to rest.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I can't wait to find out what tipping does. I've been tipping, but haven't noticed any effect.

I know what was said about dlc but im thinking theres some pokemon that deserve a mega evolution hopefully they can be added to the next game or games or they can be used as dlc. Im hoping theyres still hope for some other mega evolutions im hping for

my number one and would make my day please Nintendo make it happen mega arcanine if traded evolutions can get them then why cant stone evolved pokemon. heres the rest

Mega Victreebell
    Mega Nidoking
    Mega Nidoqueen
    Mega Dragonite
    Mega Donphan
    Mega Ursaring
    Mega Sceptile
    Mega Swampert

That's all ican think of just now anyway

Quote Originally Posted by charmanderandswampertguy View Post
    I know what was said about dlc but im thinking theres some pokemon that deserve a mega evolution hopefully they can be added to the next game or games or they can be used as dlc. Im hoping theyres still hope for some other mega evolutions im hping for

my number one and would make my day please Nintendo make it happen mega arcanine if traded evolutions can get them then why cant stone evolved pokemon. heres the rest

Mega Victreebell
    Mega Nidoking
    Mega Nidoqueen
    Mega Dragonite
    Mega Donphan
    Mega Ursaring
    Mega Sceptile
    Mega Swampert

That's all ican think of just now anyway
    If we're getting new Mega evolutions at all over the course of 6th gen, new ones will probably be introduced in new games. They wouldn't make you download DLC to get this or that Pokemon. And considering their thought process for creating Mega evolutions, I doubt they'd choose most of these, they're not cool or popular enough (Game Freak says that they create Mega evolutions based on looks and popularity).
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    If we're getting new Mega evolutions at all over the course of 6th gen, new ones will probably be introduced in new games. They wouldn't make you download DLC to get this or that Pokemon. And considering their thought process for creating Mega evolutions, I doubt they'd choose most of these, they're not cool or popular enough (Game Freak says that they create Mega evolutions based on looks and popularity).
    If pokemon like Manectric or Mawile can be considered for megas (Mawile especially since it also had to deal with its BST issues), I don't see why, say, Victreebel or Ursaring wouldn't.
    Maybe not exceptionally likely (I'm sure highly advertised pokemon, starters and so on have higher priority), but you can't stick with the top tier popular pokemon forever, anyway.

Though this assumes they don't shift their criteria (I feel I remember an interview where they said they looked at popularity as one of several criteria) in future gens.

If pokemon like Manectric or Mawile can be considered for megas (Mawile especially since it also had to deal with its BST issues), I don't see why, say, Victreebel or Ursaring wouldn't.
    Maybe not exceptionally likely (I'm sure highly advertised pokemon, starters and so on have higher priority), but you can't stick with the top tier popular pokemon forever, anyway.

Though this assumes they don't shift their criteria (I feel I remember an interview where they said they looked at popularity as one of several criteria) in future gens.
    Well yeah, but it's unlikely that that entire list would come to be under the current criteria was what I was saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by charmanderandswampertguy View Post
    Mega Dragonite
    I was actually surprised Dragonite did not get a Mega evolution considering its arguably one of the most popular Dragon-Types.

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

As far as starters go, I would love to see a Mega for Serperior that made it Grass/Dragon. Krookodile could be an interesting one... Dragonite I too am surprised didn't receive a Mega. Machamp, Arcanine as someone mentioned, Ursaring would be interesting to see a Mega for, the Johto starters I'd love to see get Mega Evolutions (especially Typhlosion and Meganium, but I don't see it happening), Staraptor perhaps could receive a Mega... I would say Kalos should actually get a few Mega's as well, considering that's where Mega Evolution was introduced in the games, but I don't know if there's really any that need or should have one.

Looking for Hidden Abilities and have some to share? Click the banner above for my Trade Shop!

Pokemon X Info.
    Friend Code: 1418-7764-5015
    In Game Name: James III

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    I was actually surprised Dragonite did not get a Mega evolution considering its arguably one of the most popular Dragon-Types.
    Dragonite would probably launch into ubers for OPness but seriously, if he did, what the stone be called? Dragoniteite? Dragoniite? Dragonitite?

Quote Originally Posted by TheASC View Post
    Dragonite would probably launch into ubers for OPness but seriously, if he did, what the stone be called? Dragoniteite? Dragoniite? Dragonitite?
    Dragotite or Dragosite, probably

Page 50 of 55 FirstFirst ... 40464748495051525354 ... LastLast