Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455 LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1357

Thread: General Gameplay & Battle Mechanics Thread

I wonder if we'll ever manage to have a gen that doesn't get totally taken apart by cheaters.

I've pretty much lost any desire to participate in WiFi tournaments knowing that people can get away with illegal movesets now that they've again found a way to get around the whole "Kalos native Pokemon only" restriction, which Pokebank only temporarily managed to fix.

Plus the nature of how they're cheating makes it literally impossible for it be patched.

Quote Originally Posted by TheASC View Post
    Dragonite would probably launch into ubers for OPness but seriously, if he did, what the stone be called? Dragoniteite? Dragoniite? Dragonitite?
    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Dragotite or Dragosite, probably
    Just Dragonite. Good joke.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    I wonder if we'll ever manage to have a gen that doesn't get totally taken apart by cheaters.

I've pretty much lost any desire to participate in WiFi tournaments knowing that people can get away with illegal movesets now that they've again found a way to get around the whole "Kalos native Pokemon only" restriction, which Pokebank only temporarily managed to fix.

Plus the nature of how they're cheating makes it literally impossible for it be patched.
    Doubtful. People will always find a way to hack the game, it's a constant struggle trying to stop them.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

So I have been using a Muk with stench and a King's rock. I was just told recently that they didn't stack in earlier gens (which I really haven't played) but I've been noticing my Muk is causing a lot of flinching. Has anyone looked into this to see if they have changed it? If not I guess my Muk is just the best.

I know this seems a little out of place, but I noticed in the PokeDex that while Xerneas has both its Neutral and Active forms viewable, Kyurem does not when it comes to his splicer forms while active in battle. It's a little disappointing, especially with the shinies. XD
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

It's fascinating to me that Pokemon is basically the only one to get this much hacking attention. No one's really bothered with any other 3ds game

Ah well, it was nice for a time anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    It's fascinating to me that Pokemon is basically the only one to get this much hacking attention. No one's really bothered with any other 3ds game

Ah well, it was nice for a time anyway.
    Yeah, it's interesting in a way - 3DS/3DS game hacking didn't go anywhere until X/Y's release, somewhat "confirming" that the more competent hackers are only interested in Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rio! View Post
    I know this seems a little out of place, but I noticed in the PokeDex that while Xerneas has both its Neutral and Active forms viewable, Kyurem does not when it comes to his splicer forms while active in battle. It's a little disappointing, especially with the shinies. XD
    umm, Kyurem's Black Forme and White Forme are viewable in the Pokedex ever since their debut on Gen V......

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Yeah, it's interesting in a way - 3DS/3DS game hacking didn't go anywhere until X/Y's release, somewhat "confirming" that the more competent hackers are only interested in Pokemon.

umm, Kyurem's Black Forme and White Forme are viewable in the Pokedex ever since their debut on Gen V......
    I know that, I'm talking about the Overdrive. You know, the one with the power tubes or whatever they are coming from behind his shoulders into his tail?

These?

Spoiler:- Battle Kyurem:
    Last edited by Rio!; 3rd March 2014 at 6:19 PM.

Art belongs to me

I know that, I'm talking about the active battle-mode. You know, the one with the power tubes or whatever they are coming from behind his shoulders into his tail?

These?

Spoiler:- Battle Kyurem:
    I think they're called overdrive forms. I have a shiny Kyurem too, and it's sad that we can only see them go all powerful in battle.
    Last edited by EXGShadow; 4th March 2014 at 3:06 AM.
    3DS FC: 0044 3638 4020 - Ghost Safari

Looking for any pokemon with the move Celebrate

XY Global Link Medals: 150
    Battle Maison Trophies: 5
    Battle Maison Win Streak: 200 (Triple)

Quote Originally Posted by EXGShadow View Post
    I guess they're called overdrive forms. I have a shiny Kyurem too, and it's sad that we can only see them go all powerful in battle.
    Yeah that's what they're called! I couldn't remember for the life of me. XD
    Shiny Overdrive Black Kyurem looks really amazing, and the White Kyurem actually looks a lot better than it did gen V since its body is actually black instead of the same light grey. ;D But yes, though it's aesthetic, it still would be cool to flip around and see.

Art belongs to me

I know that, I'm talking about the Overdrive. You know, the one with the power tubes or whatever they are coming from behind his shoulders into his tail?
    Ahhhhhh yeah, there's that. I completely forgot about the Overdrive mode.

Yeah, it would be awesome if we can see the 3D model in the Dex.....Shiny Overdrive Black Kyurem is my favorite too.

In fact, IMO GF should have make it so that we are able to view attacking/getting hit/fainted animation of all Pokemon through the Dex.

I want to see some Pokemon's attacking animation from another angle......

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Ahhhhhh yeah, there's that. I completely forgot about the Overdrive mode.

Yeah, it would be awesome if we can see the 3D model in the Dex.....Shiny Overdrive Black Kyurem is my favorite too.

In fact, IMO GF should have make it so that we are able to view attacking/getting hit/fainted animation of all Pokemon through the Dex.

I want to see some Pokemon's attacking animation from another angle......
    As cool as that would be, they probably won't/wouldn't be able to because of the space it would take up. Though it gets done anyway when you look at the 'Mon's Summary.
    I just really don't get why that exception was made for Xerneas but not Kyurem. ;_;
    /mope, etc.

Art belongs to me

couldn't find a thread relating to Pokemon bank but was wondering can you use Poke Bank and the transporter with a digital download copy of Pokemon X or Y?

"My Popularity in the Pokemon Universe continues to shine like the Aura that is with me. A full-feature movie, 4 two-parter episodes from the Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos anime sagas, a 5-episode arc featuring my trainer Korrina, 3 appearances in the Smash Bros games and a Poke spokespearson for the Pokemon Trading Card commercials and the upcoming Pokken Fighters game. May I soon reach the fame that belongs to Pikachu"

3DS Friend code - 3007 9374 1244

Quote Originally Posted by G4Pokefan View Post
    couldn't find a thread relating to Pokemon bank but was wondering can you use Poke Bank and the transporter with a digital download copy of Pokemon X or Y?
    I know you can with the pre-loaded Y (because I've done it) so why not with the downloaded version?

With the preloaded version it was actually easier, you didn't have to keep changing the game in the slot. You could put B/W in the game slot then use transporter then go to Bank then Y without having to pull B/W out.
    Last edited by llr; 4th March 2014 at 5:25 AM.
    LLR

P.S.
    Blue Shellos available
    I trade Vivillons for Vivillons and have a lot of patterns. Ask!
    Dex 718/718 Thank you ShinyPanda! Living Dex: 711/718.

My Friend Code: 1907-9797-0140. In game name: Sage.
    I'm using this one for trades and to check safaris for folks.
    I'll be periodically deleting older cards from my friend list.
    If you still want access just let me know and I'll be happy to add you again.

Quote Originally Posted by G4Pokefan View Post
    Yes, unequivocally.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Okay, kind of a technical question here. Consider the following scenario:

Double battle where you have out one Pokemon with Shell Smash and another with both Psych Up and the Competitive ability. If the Competitive Pokemon uses Psych Up to copy the stat changes from Shell Smash, would that trigger Competitive and sharply raise their Sp. Atk. stat along with the other buffs from Shell Smash?
    3DS Friend Code: 5069-4273-6088
    Trainer Name: Terra
    Friend Safari: Rock-type w/ Dwebble, Corsola, & Barbaracle

National Pokedex Complete! Shiny Charm Acquired!

Mega Mawile: Eater of Legendaries... and many Pokepuffs

Quote Originally Posted by DJLowrider View Post
    Okay, kind of a technical question here. Consider the following scenario:

Double battle where you have out one Pokemon with Shell Smash and another with both Psych Up and the Competitive ability. If the Competitive Pokemon uses Psych Up to copy the stat changes from Shell Smash, would that trigger Competitive and sharply raise their Sp. Atk. stat along with the other buffs from Shell Smash?
    Since I assume Competitive works just like Defiant, the answer would be no. Competitive will only trigger if the Pokémon's stats are lowered by an effect from the opponent, and Psych Up is an effect caused by the user, just like the stat lowering effects of Shell Smash, Overheat, Hammer Arm, etc.

Made by Tini (FrozenConstellation).
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Wow, mention Liepard, and everyone's active. I should do this more often.

So I just battled a Passerby that had the Eternal Floette, Diancie, shiny Yvetal, shiny Xerneas and Mega Latios. (I ended up winning 4-0 ehehe)

Are they already obtainable?
    Last edited by Bluemiracle; 5th March 2014 at 4:16 PM.
    . Pokemon Black FC : 2151 3135 7016

. Pokemon White 2 FC : 4814 6076 9041

. Pokemon Y FC : 3325 1707 2950
    | shiny pokemon caught (and bred) in Y : 36

Maddie's successful MM shinies in White 2
    . no shiny charm used .

Current shiny hunt: Torchic - 500+ eggs hatched

Spoiler:- MM results:

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemiracle View Post
    So I just battled a Passerby that had the Eternal Floette, Diancie, shiny Yvetal, shiny Xerneas and Mega Latios. (I ended up winning 4-0 ehehe)

No they aren't. The person hacked them.
    FC: 1778-9489-4489 IGN: King Arceus
    Safari: Ferroseed, Klang, Bronzong
    Guides I've written:

VGC 2015 Season: 104 CP

Quote Originally Posted by Professor dragonexpert View Post
    No they aren't. The person hacked them.
    Ahh that sucks. Good thing I beat him then

. no shiny charm used .

I don't battle or trade with random passers simply to avoid humoring cheaters like that.

Granted, almost all of them are utter trash when it comes battling, but it's still giving them more attention then I'd like.

Did you get a battle video, or you did but it won't allow you to post it? I kind of want to see them in action. lol
    3DS friend code is 5455 - 9714 - 1828
    Normal-type Friend Safari with Aipom, Smeargle, and Kecleon.

Pokemon X Shiny Hunter

Latest shiny: (MM 469 eggs)
    Current hunt: (MM)

I have claimed Kanga

I don't battle or trade with random passers simply to avoid humoring cheaters like that.

Granted, almost all of them are utter trash when it comes battling, but it's still giving them more attention then I'd like.
    Kind of true, but what really annoys me is when they have a team full of legends OR when they use Darkrai's Dark Void on my Team. The nerve of these people

Quote Originally Posted by MultiDarkShadow777 View Post
    Did you get a battle video, or you did but it won't allow you to post it? I kind of want to see them in action. lol
    Oh I think I did I'll post it shortly

EDIT : it says I can't make this video public... Sorry :/ must be because of all these hacked pokemon
    Last edited by Bluemiracle; 5th March 2014 at 10:10 PM.

. no shiny charm used .

EDIT : it says I can't make this video public... Sorry :/ must be because of all these hacked pokemon
    Figured that would happen as it's the same case in Generation V games, but wasn't too sure. Worth a try, though. Thanks.
    3DS friend code is 5455 - 9714 - 1828
    Normal-type Friend Safari with Aipom, Smeargle, and Kecleon.

Pokemon X Shiny Hunter

Latest shiny: (MM 469 eggs)
    Current hunt: (MM)

I have claimed Kanga

Just a funny question.....How did Grant's Amaura hit my Phantump with Take Down in the first round of my battle as I was replaying Pokemon Y?

Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455 LastLast