Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455 LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1357

Thread: General Gameplay & Battle Mechanics Thread

  1. #1251
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Outside of Hawaii (I wish...)
    Posts
    7,680

    Default

    I wonder if we'll ever manage to have a gen that doesn't get totally taken apart by cheaters.

    I've pretty much lost any desire to participate in WiFi tournaments knowing that people can get away with illegal movesets now that they've again found a way to get around the whole "Kalos native Pokemon only" restriction, which Pokebank only temporarily managed to fix.

    Plus the nature of how they're cheating makes it literally impossible for it be patched.

  2. #1252
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheASC View Post
    Dragonite would probably launch into ubers for OPness but seriously, if he did, what the stone be called? Dragoniteite? Dragoniite? Dragonitite?
    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Dragotite or Dragosite, probably
    Just Dragonite. Good joke.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  3. #1253
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    9,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    I wonder if we'll ever manage to have a gen that doesn't get totally taken apart by cheaters.

    I've pretty much lost any desire to participate in WiFi tournaments knowing that people can get away with illegal movesets now that they've again found a way to get around the whole "Kalos native Pokemon only" restriction, which Pokebank only temporarily managed to fix.

    Plus the nature of how they're cheating makes it literally impossible for it be patched.
    Doubtful. People will always find a way to hack the game, it's a constant struggle trying to stop them.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  4. #1254
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1

    Default

    So I have been using a Muk with stench and a King's rock. I was just told recently that they didn't stack in earlier gens (which I really haven't played) but I've been noticing my Muk is causing a lot of flinching. Has anyone looked into this to see if they have changed it? If not I guess my Muk is just the best.

  5. #1255
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Deep, Deep, Desert
    Posts
    990

    Default

    I know this seems a little out of place, but I noticed in the PokeDex that while Xerneas has both its Neutral and Active forms viewable, Kyurem does not when it comes to his splicer forms while active in battle. It's a little disappointing, especially with the shinies. XD
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

    Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

  6. #1256
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    I wonder if we'll ever manage to have a gen that doesn't get totally taken apart by cheaters.

    I've pretty much lost any desire to participate in WiFi tournaments knowing that people can get away with illegal movesets now that they've again found a way to get around the whole "Kalos native Pokemon only" restriction, which Pokebank only temporarily managed to fix.

    Plus the nature of how they're cheating makes it literally impossible for it be patched.
    It's fascinating to me that Pokemon is basically the only one to get this much hacking attention. No one's really bothered with any other 3ds game

    Ah well, it was nice for a time anyway.

  7. #1257
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    between 2 ocean & 2 continents
    Posts
    9,580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    It's fascinating to me that Pokemon is basically the only one to get this much hacking attention. No one's really bothered with any other 3ds game

    Ah well, it was nice for a time anyway.
    Yeah, it's interesting in a way - 3DS/3DS game hacking didn't go anywhere until X/Y's release, somewhat "confirming" that the more competent hackers are only interested in Pokemon.



    Quote Originally Posted by Rio! View Post
    I know this seems a little out of place, but I noticed in the PokeDex that while Xerneas has both its Neutral and Active forms viewable, Kyurem does not when it comes to his splicer forms while active in battle. It's a little disappointing, especially with the shinies. XD
    umm, Kyurem's Black Forme and White Forme are viewable in the Pokedex ever since their debut on Gen V......

    My shinies. Just click the links~

    ~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

    My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

  8. #1258
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Deep, Deep, Desert
    Posts
    990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Yeah, it's interesting in a way - 3DS/3DS game hacking didn't go anywhere until X/Y's release, somewhat "confirming" that the more competent hackers are only interested in Pokemon.





    umm, Kyurem's Black Forme and White Forme are viewable in the Pokedex ever since their debut on Gen V......
    I know that, I'm talking about the Overdrive. You know, the one with the power tubes or whatever they are coming from behind his shoulders into his tail?

    These?

        Spoiler:- Battle Kyurem:
    Last edited by Rio!; 3rd March 2014 at 6:19 PM.
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

    Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

  9. #1259
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Campinas, Brazil
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rio! View Post
    I know that, I'm talking about the active battle-mode. You know, the one with the power tubes or whatever they are coming from behind his shoulders into his tail?

    These?

        Spoiler:- Battle Kyurem:
    I think they're called overdrive forms. I have a shiny Kyurem too, and it's sad that we can only see them go all powerful in battle.
    Last edited by EXGShadow; 4th March 2014 at 3:06 AM.
    3DS FC: 0044 3638 4020 - Ghost Safari

    Looking for any pokemon with the move Celebrate

    XY Global Link Medals: 150
    Battle Maison Trophies: 5
    Battle Maison Win Streak: 200 (Triple)

  10. #1260
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Deep, Deep, Desert
    Posts
    990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EXGShadow View Post
    I guess they're called overdrive forms. I have a shiny Kyurem too, and it's sad that we can only see them go all powerful in battle.
    Yeah that's what they're called! I couldn't remember for the life of me. XD
    Shiny Overdrive Black Kyurem looks really amazing, and the White Kyurem actually looks a lot better than it did gen V since its body is actually black instead of the same light grey. ;D But yes, though it's aesthetic, it still would be cool to flip around and see.
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

    Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

  11. #1261
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    between 2 ocean & 2 continents
    Posts
    9,580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rio! View Post
    I know that, I'm talking about the Overdrive. You know, the one with the power tubes or whatever they are coming from behind his shoulders into his tail?
    Ahhhhhh yeah, there's that. I completely forgot about the Overdrive mode.

    Yeah, it would be awesome if we can see the 3D model in the Dex.....Shiny Overdrive Black Kyurem is my favorite too.







    In fact, IMO GF should have make it so that we are able to view attacking/getting hit/fainted animation of all Pokemon through the Dex.

    I want to see some Pokemon's attacking animation from another angle......

    My shinies. Just click the links~

    ~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

    My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

  12. #1262
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Deep, Deep, Desert
    Posts
    990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Ahhhhhh yeah, there's that. I completely forgot about the Overdrive mode.

    Yeah, it would be awesome if we can see the 3D model in the Dex.....Shiny Overdrive Black Kyurem is my favorite too.







    In fact, IMO GF should have make it so that we are able to view attacking/getting hit/fainted animation of all Pokemon through the Dex.

    I want to see some Pokemon's attacking animation from another angle......
    As cool as that would be, they probably won't/wouldn't be able to because of the space it would take up. Though it gets done anyway when you look at the 'Mon's Summary.
    I just really don't get why that exception was made for Xerneas but not Kyurem. ;_;
    /mope, etc.
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

    Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

  13. #1263
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    366

    Default

    couldn't find a thread relating to Pokemon bank but was wondering can you use Poke Bank and the transporter with a digital download copy of Pokemon X or Y?


    "My Popularity in the Pokemon Universe continues to shine like the Aura that is with me. A full-feature movie, 4 two-parter episodes from the Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos anime sagas, a 5-episode arc featuring my trainer Korrina, 3 appearances in the Smash Bros games and a Poke spokespearson for the Pokemon Trading Card commercials and the upcoming Pokken Fighters game. May I soon reach the fame that belongs to Pikachu"

    3DS Friend code - 3007 9374 1244

  14. #1264
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    AZ USA
    Posts
    314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by G4Pokefan View Post
    couldn't find a thread relating to Pokemon bank but was wondering can you use Poke Bank and the transporter with a digital download copy of Pokemon X or Y?
    I know you can with the pre-loaded Y (because I've done it) so why not with the downloaded version?

    With the preloaded version it was actually easier, you didn't have to keep changing the game in the slot. You could put B/W in the game slot then use transporter then go to Bank then Y without having to pull B/W out.
    Last edited by llr; 4th March 2014 at 5:25 AM.
    LLR

    P.S.
    Blue Shellos available
    I trade Vivillons for Vivillons and have a lot of patterns. Ask!
    Dex 718/718 Thank you ShinyPanda! Living Dex: 711/718.


    My Friend Code: 1907-9797-0140. In game name: Sage.
    I'm using this one for trades and to check safaris for folks.
    I'll be periodically deleting older cards from my friend list.
    If you still want access just let me know and I'll be happy to add you again.

  15. #1265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by G4Pokefan View Post
    couldn't find a thread relating to Pokemon bank but was wondering can you use Poke Bank and the transporter with a digital download copy of Pokemon X or Y?
    Yes, unequivocally.



    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  16. #1266
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Okay, kind of a technical question here. Consider the following scenario:

    Double battle where you have out one Pokemon with Shell Smash and another with both Psych Up and the Competitive ability. If the Competitive Pokemon uses Psych Up to copy the stat changes from Shell Smash, would that trigger Competitive and sharply raise their Sp. Atk. stat along with the other buffs from Shell Smash?
    3DS Friend Code: 5069-4273-6088
    Trainer Name: Terra
    Friend Safari: Rock-type w/ Dwebble, Corsola, & Barbaracle

    National Pokedex Complete! Shiny Charm Acquired!

    Mega Mawile: Eater of Legendaries... and many Pokepuffs

  17. #1267
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    several miles from Durant
    Posts
    259

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJLowrider View Post
    Okay, kind of a technical question here. Consider the following scenario:

    Double battle where you have out one Pokemon with Shell Smash and another with both Psych Up and the Competitive ability. If the Competitive Pokemon uses Psych Up to copy the stat changes from Shell Smash, would that trigger Competitive and sharply raise their Sp. Atk. stat along with the other buffs from Shell Smash?
    Since I assume Competitive works just like Defiant, the answer would be no. Competitive will only trigger if the Pokémon's stats are lowered by an effect from the opponent, and Psych Up is an effect caused by the user, just like the stat lowering effects of Shell Smash, Overheat, Hammer Arm, etc.

    Made by Tini (FrozenConstellation).
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Wow, mention Liepard, and everyone's active. I should do this more often.

  18. #1268
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Portugal (GMT+0)
    Posts
    213

    Default

    So I just battled a Passerby that had the Eternal Floette, Diancie, shiny Yvetal, shiny Xerneas and Mega Latios. (I ended up winning 4-0 ehehe)

    Are they already obtainable?
    Last edited by Bluemiracle; 5th March 2014 at 4:16 PM.
    . Pokemon Black FC : 2151 3135 7016

    . Pokemon White 2 FC : 4814 6076 9041

    . Pokemon Y FC : 3325 1707 2950
    | shiny pokemon caught (and bred) in Y : 36

    Maddie's successful MM shinies in White 2
    . no shiny charm used .



    Current shiny hunt: Torchic - 500+ eggs hatched


        Spoiler:- MM results:

  19. #1269
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Blaine, MN
    Posts
    282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluemiracle View Post
    So I just battled a Passerby that had the Eternal Floette, Diancie, shiny Yvetal, shiny Xerneas and Mega Latios. (I ended up winning 4-0 ehehe)

    Are they already obtainable?
    No they aren't. The person hacked them.
    FC: 1778-9489-4489 IGN: King Arceus
    Safari: Ferroseed, Klang, Bronzong
    Guides I've written:

    VGC 2015 Season: 104 CP

  20. #1270
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Portugal (GMT+0)
    Posts
    213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Professor dragonexpert View Post
    No they aren't. The person hacked them.
    Ahh that sucks. Good thing I beat him then
    . Pokemon Black FC : 2151 3135 7016

    . Pokemon White 2 FC : 4814 6076 9041

    . Pokemon Y FC : 3325 1707 2950
    | shiny pokemon caught (and bred) in Y : 36

    Maddie's successful MM shinies in White 2
    . no shiny charm used .



    Current shiny hunt: Torchic - 500+ eggs hatched


        Spoiler:- MM results:

  21. #1271
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Outside of Hawaii (I wish...)
    Posts
    7,680

    Default

    I don't battle or trade with random passers simply to avoid humoring cheaters like that.

    Granted, almost all of them are utter trash when it comes battling, but it's still giving them more attention then I'd like.

  22. #1272
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluemiracle View Post
    So I just battled a Passerby that had the Eternal Floette, Diancie, shiny Yvetal, shiny Xerneas and Mega Latios. (I ended up winning 4-0 ehehe)

    Are they already obtainable?
    Did you get a battle video, or you did but it won't allow you to post it? I kind of want to see them in action. lol
    3DS friend code is 5455 - 9714 - 1828
    Normal-type Friend Safari with Aipom, Smeargle, and Kecleon.


    Pokemon X Shiny Hunter

    Latest shiny: (MM 469 eggs)
    Current hunt: (MM)

    I have claimed Kanga

  23. #1273
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Portugal (GMT+0)
    Posts
    213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    I don't battle or trade with random passers simply to avoid humoring cheaters like that.

    Granted, almost all of them are utter trash when it comes battling, but it's still giving them more attention then I'd like.
    Kind of true, but what really annoys me is when they have a team full of legends OR when they use Darkrai's Dark Void on my Team. The nerve of these people


    Quote Originally Posted by MultiDarkShadow777 View Post
    Did you get a battle video, or you did but it won't allow you to post it? I kind of want to see them in action. lol
    Oh I think I did I'll post it shortly

    EDIT : it says I can't make this video public... Sorry :/ must be because of all these hacked pokemon
    Last edited by Bluemiracle; 5th March 2014 at 10:10 PM.
    . Pokemon Black FC : 2151 3135 7016

    . Pokemon White 2 FC : 4814 6076 9041

    . Pokemon Y FC : 3325 1707 2950
    | shiny pokemon caught (and bred) in Y : 36

    Maddie's successful MM shinies in White 2
    . no shiny charm used .



    Current shiny hunt: Torchic - 500+ eggs hatched


        Spoiler:- MM results:

  24. #1274
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluemiracle View Post
    EDIT : it says I can't make this video public... Sorry :/ must be because of all these hacked pokemon
    Figured that would happen as it's the same case in Generation V games, but wasn't too sure. Worth a try, though. Thanks.
    3DS friend code is 5455 - 9714 - 1828
    Normal-type Friend Safari with Aipom, Smeargle, and Kecleon.


    Pokemon X Shiny Hunter

    Latest shiny: (MM 469 eggs)
    Current hunt: (MM)

    I have claimed Kanga

  25. #1275
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Just a funny question.....How did Grant's Amaura hit my Phantump with Take Down in the first round of my battle as I was replaying Pokemon Y?

Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •