Page 6 of 55 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: General Gameplay & Battle Mechanics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by NightFire7 View Post
    Here is something I have been wondering. Will dual typed move negate immunities? For example will a fighting/dark type move hit a ghost type?
    If I were to take a guess, it would be dependent on the main typing of the move. For instance, it says on pokemondb.net that Flying Press is a Fighting-type move that deals both fighting and flying damage. Since it's main is fighting, it won't be able to hit Ghost-type Pokemon since I'm assuming the fighting part of the move goes first.

This is just a logical guess and could be wrong.

I'd like to hope that the Pokemilage club has some interesting exclusive items to obtain from it.

I'm kind of doubting that Mega Stones are among them at this point, though.

I wonder if Whimsicott will learn Topsy-Turvy. I can just imagine the trolling already.

That would make it the mother of all counters to set-up sweepers.

I kind of doubt they'd make a Prankster user that good, honestly.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads...ction.3489182/ Why on earth are gamefreak nerfing moves like no tomorrow? Fire blast and blizzard both got reduced to 110 power
    JUST A CHILLED OUT SKUNTANK GUY

MARCH OF THE SKUNTANK ARMY

Lesson: Disagreeing with other opinions no matter how small may lead to flame wars and banging your head against the wall

So, we have Aerilate, Refrigerate and Pixelate, which turns Normal type moves into a different type. While we had Normalize from 4th Gen.

Wonder if we would get more "ate" type of abilities in this Gen. Hope all the remaining 14 types are also covered soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    I'd like to hope that the Pokemilage club has some interesting exclusive items to obtain from it.

I'm kind of doubting that Mega Stones are among them at this point, though.
    What I am curious about is it mentions the Torchic event on the main site of the PGL. Does that mean we get it over that or is it wifi?
    I am the Master of Arcanine and Boy do I love this Big Dog

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

50% of Serebii users are relapsing pokemon fans...if you are among those that never got off the band wagon...copy and paste this in your sig (started by CyberBlastoise).

Hoenn here we Come! 17 hrs to go
    3ds friend code: 3265-5471-9696.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads...ction.3489182/ Why on earth are gamefreak nerfing moves like no tomorrow? Fire blast and blizzard both got reduced to 110 power
    Because they want to balance metagame? O.o
    Current playing: Pokémon Y

My 3DS XL Friend Code: 4828-3763-6748
    My 3DS XL Safari: Don't Know (fell free to add, just send me a PM with yours)

Hi, not sure if this is in the right place, but does anyone know how to start a new game? I can not figure it out! I regret my starter pokemon!!

The changes to Hidden Power is really going to help pokemons like Mr. Mime & Roserade.

Not sure about the others though, since the loss of 10 BP may hurt many pokemons.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads...3489182/page-7 well you know that frost breath always lands a critical hit? It seems like it just got raised to 60 while blizzard got lowered to 110. Plus with that extra accuracy frost breath should see a lot more competitive play on ice types.
    JUST A CHILLED OUT SKUNTANK GUY

MARCH OF THE SKUNTANK ARMY

Lesson: Disagreeing with other opinions no matter how small may lead to flame wars and banging your head against the wall

Quote Originally Posted by Danielj89 View Post
    Hi, not sure if this is in the right place, but does anyone know how to start a new game? I can not figure it out! I regret my starter pokemon!!
    It's in the digital manual which you can look into from the main 3ds menu.
    Up+B+X on the titlescreen. I had to hold it while booting for it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterofArcanine View Post
    What I am curious about is it mentions the Torchic event on the main site of the PGL. Does that mean we get it over that or is it wifi?
    You get it over wifi, according to the flyer inside the game case. The distribution starts at 1 a.m. on release day and lasts until January 15th.
    I wish Victini would have been that long, since I missed that.

Quote Originally Posted by saldu View Post
    It's in the digital manual which you can look into from the main 3ds menu.
    Up+B+X on the titlescreen. I had to hold it while booting for it to work.

You get it over wifi, according to the flyer inside the game case. The distribution starts at 1 a.m. on release day and lasts until January 15th.
    Thanks. I wa worried for a second. Yeah. I actually have a extra one but I was going to trade it to someone. Give me a few days and If I don't hear from them I might be able to trade it to you.
    I am the Master of Arcanine and Boy do I love this Big Dog

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

50% of Serebii users are relapsing pokemon fans...if you are among those that never got off the band wagon...copy and paste this in your sig (started by CyberBlastoise).

Hoenn here we Come! 17 hrs to go
    3ds friend code: 3265-5471-9696.

Quote Originally Posted by saldu View Post
    Is Mystery Gift unlocked from the start? I've been wondering this for a while.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Is Mystery Gift unlocked from the start? I've been wondering this for a while.
    Yes, it's unlocked as soon as you create your first savegame and softreset the game.

I am surprised by the graphics, I thought it would be similar to the 3DS Mystery Dungeon but it is a lot more cartoonlike than PMD. I was slightly disappointed but I'm sure I will adjust to it.

3DS friend code: 1478-4001-3509

I would love to link up with people!
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    It's a whole new world we live in,
    It's a whole new way to see,
    It's a whole new place,
    With a brand new attitude
    But you still gotta catch 'em all
    And be the best that you can be!

Now that Sky Drop's BP depends on weight and it will probably be fixed, will it be common alot in double battles?

I can understand the nerf to Fire Blast given the 85 accuracy, but I'm not quite understanding Thunder and Blizzard. Is it because of the 100% within rain and hail?

Has anyone got any idea of how to delete your current save file for a new one? I tried up + B + select but it doesn't seem to work

(Just for future reference )

Can someone please tell me where you get a Sun Stone in this game?

Quote Originally Posted by Zamin View Post
    I am surprised by the graphics, I thought it would be similar to the 3DS Mystery Dungeon but it is a lot more cartoonlike than PMD. I was slightly disappointed but I'm sure I will adjust to it.
    If you are referring to in-battle graphics, they wanted to maintain a style similar to how Ken Sugimori designed them. They stay true to his art.

FC: 1118-0736-6254
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Emolga, Helioptile and Zebstrika

Animal Crossing: New Leaf
    Town Name: Aspiria
    Villager Name: Mike
    Fruit: All (including bamboo)
    Villagers: Sylvia, Pinky, Mallary, Dizzy, Phil, Graham, Cobb, Mott, Drago and Skye

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads...3489182/page-7 well you know that frost breath always lands a critical hit? It seems like it just got raised to 60 while blizzard got lowered to 110. Plus with that extra accuracy frost breath should see a lot more competitive play on ice types.
    Now that's interesting. Looks like Frost Breath might take the place of Ice Beam and Blizzard in competitive play?

The future surrounds us.

Let us begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Shining-Platinum View Post
    Has anyone got any idea of how to delete your current save file for a new one? I tried up + B + select but it doesn't seem to work

Up B X. Stated like 6 posts above yours...

Quote Originally Posted by Shining-Platinum View Post

Up+B+X I believe.

Haven't gotten the game yet, but has anyone found trainers other than that Psychic who challenge you to inverse battles? It seems really creative and I hope they do more with it.

Sweet Scent now harshly reduces evasiveness.

Scientist in Reflection Cave claims that there may be more than the one Reveal Glass found in Unova.

TM74 is still Gyro Ball.

Eviolite is in Shalour City.
    Last edited by Blazios; 11th October 2013 at 5:56 PM.

Page 6 of 55 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast