Page 7 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: General Gameplay & Battle Mechanics Thread

I heard that I've changed from 70 to 60 BP. Ouch.

Regardless, the changes to the battle mechanics is definitely interesting, even more so than new Pokemon for me. I've always wondered why weather-inducing abilities allow for infinite turns even when the Pokemon is no longer on the field. Like someone else mentioned though, I was expecting the countdown to start only when the Pokemon is switched/knocked out. I see this is an opportunity to have two tiers of weather-inducing abilities, one that acts like an auto weather move for non-legendary, and one that starts counting down only when the Pokemon is switched out, for the legendaries.

Improved accuracy for rock moves is a must. I personally find rock types to be at an disadvantage for having multiple common weaknesses AND moves with low accuracy.

I think the nerf to the 120 moves is a positive change, actually. I mean, why have a jump from 95 to 120 with nothing in between? Having a gradual change in terms of base power and its associated disadvantage (recoil damage, sharp drop in stats, lowered accuracy, confusion inducing etc) provides a greater variety of movepool.
    The best evolutionary designs are brought about by a balance between change and consistency.
    Artwork by Piper Thibodeau. You can view more of her work here.

I only know that fire blast, blizzard and thunder got reduced to 110. Has there been any mention of the physical 120 moves such as flare blitz or brave bird?
    JUST A CHILLED OUT SKUNTANK GUY

MARCH OF THE SKUNTANK ARMY

Lesson: Disagreeing with other opinions no matter how small may lead to flame wars and banging your head against the wall

Long time lurker, first time poster

I'm extremely excited about the release of X & Y tomorrow, but would love to know a couple things before starting. Hopefully this is the right place.

Does anyone know how soon you can access the Day Care Center? I originally planned on soft resetting for a Froakie of preferred gender and nature and trading it over to my boyfriends game. After that I would then restart the game and soft reset until I get a Fennekin. It will take a while, then he wanted to do the same with all three starters. e_e

So, I thought it would be easier if we both pick our main choices (Fennekin for myself, Froakie for him and Chespin for his brother), then breed them and trade the eggs.

My only concern is how long it be before the Day Care Center, and/or a pokemon that can breed with the starters (Ditto?).

At which point am i able to import pokemon from previous games?

Quote Originally Posted by pokepim10 View Post
    Dec 27 when the pokebank starts, you get a free trial for a month to transfer pokemon from 5th gen to it, and then to 6th gen. after a month it is $5 a year.
    I am capable of manipulating matter on a subatomic level by speaking. A mere flick of my finger is sufficient to alter the gravitational pull of the planet. I shelve physics texts under "fiction" in my personal library. I consider the Laws of Thermodynamics loose guidelines, at best. In short, I am grasping the reins of the universe's carriage, and every morning I wake up, look the heavens and shout "Giddy up, boy!" You may never grasp the complexities of what I do, but at least have the common courtesy to feign something other than slack-jawed oblivion in my presence. I, sir, am a wizard, and I break more natural laws before breakfast than of which you are even aware.
    -Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick. (with all due respect to Rich Burlew)

Quote Originally Posted by pokepim10 View Post
    When pokebank opens in December, I think the 27th for America.
    The Power of the Imagination Shall Prevail!

I started an Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire blog, please visit it

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Blog

Hey, you should check out the app I made. It's for Android devices only.
    Dodge the Blocks

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Tigress View Post

I'm extremely excited about the release of X & Y tomorrow, but would love to know a couple things before starting. Hopefully this is the right place.

Does anyone know how soon you can access the Day Care Center? I originally planned on soft resetting for a Froakie of preferred gender and nature and trading it over to my boyfriends game. After that I would then restart the game and soft reset until I get a Fennekin. It will take a while, then he wanted to do the same with all three starters. e_e

So, I thought it would be easier if we both pick our main choices (Fennekin for myself, Froakie for him and Chespin for his brother), then breed them and trade the eggs.

My only concern is how long it be before the Day Care Center, and/or a pokemon that can breed with the starters (Ditto?).
    I think the day care is available very early In the game, however I think ditto is in the mountains and it might be a while to get there.
    [IMG]http://i46.*******.com/2ebfk02.png[/IMG]

3DS friend code: 3239-3282-3992
    Looking for trading, battling, and safari
    I own both x and y

I disabled the EP Share, it makes the game much too easy imo.
    My whole team was 8 level above current trainer pokemons within 2 hours of getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by YourPermanentRecord631 View Post
    Care to elaborate?

It gets access to Flare Blitz.

Quote Originally Posted by saldu View Post
    I disabled the EP Share, it makes the game much too easy imo.
    My whole team was 8 level above current trainer pokemons within 2 hours of getting it.

Care to elaborate?
    According to another thread it's Flare Blitz.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

I wonder Pumpkaboo will have highest catch ratio at night?
    FC
    3DS: 1950-7830-6914 NAME: Leopoldos
    White2: 0519-6427-9473 NAME: KOSTAS
    White: 2065-8363-7796 NAME: Kostas

I've tried skimming the last few pages and haven't found anything related to this (apologies if it is hidden in there somewhere!).

Any word on how the happiness mechanic works versus affection (ie. Espeon/Umbreon vs. Sylveon). Does nothing really change and - if not - are there still hairdressers, etc., to raise happiness?
    Pokemon X Team
    Spike / Carlita / Jackpot / Gildarts / Arya / Pistol

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Tigress View Post

Keep in mind you get two starters. One at the start of the game as usual, and then the one that is weak to your first starter after you beat the E4. In this way, you can accomplish your goal with only two people. The day care center can be accessed very early, and if you get a female starter you can easily breed very early.
    Welp, my signature was deleted. Gimme a minute here.

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    According to another thread it's Flare Blitz.
    Flareon lovers rejoice! Until they realize that it can't back the move up with its base 65 HP -.-
    The best evolutionary designs are brought about by a balance between change and consistency.
    Artwork by Piper Thibodeau. You can view more of her work here.

That and it's too slow and fragile to even get it off before it gets KO'd half the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Power View Post
    I think the nerf to the 120 moves is a positive change, actually. I mean, why have a jump from 95 to 120 with nothing in between? Having a gradual change in terms of base power and its associated disadvantage (recoil damage, sharp drop in stats, lowered accuracy, confusion inducing etc) provides a greater variety of movepool.
    But Thunderbolt, Flamethrower and Ice Beam all had their BP lowered by 5 as well, from 95 to 90. :/

The future surrounds us.

Let us begin.

Sooo.... now that a handful of people have the games... do we know if seasons are gone for sure? I'm like dying to know.

Thanks beforehand!

So according to this thread http://archive.foolz.us/vp/thread/14479613/ Aura sphere and dragon pulse get nerfed. Aura sphere now has base 80 power while dragon pulse has base 85 power. Gamefreak stop it. Stop randomly nerfing moves.
    JUST A CHILLED OUT SKUNTANK GUY

MARCH OF THE SKUNTANK ARMY

Lesson: Disagreeing with other opinions no matter how small may lead to flame wars and banging your head against the wall

Aura Sphere I can understand, but why the heck would they nerf Dragon Pulse?

Nobody used it before, and now people are even less likely to use it.

At this point, I'm expecting that they nerfed Draco Meteor and Outrage, too.
    Last edited by Rakurai; 11th October 2013 at 9:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NightFire7 View Post
    So according to this thread http://archive.foolz.us/vp/thread/14479613/ Aura sphere and dragon pulse get nerfed. Aura sphere now has base 80 power while dragon pulse has base 85 power. Gamefreak stop it. Stop randomly nerfing moves.
    I wouldn't say that they're random nerfs. They actually seem to be (mostly) well thought out ways to combat the INSANE
    power-creep over that last 2 gens. I'd prefer to see attacks lowered then competitive battles become (well... even more so)
    races where whoever hits, first wins.

I'm really wondering why they bothered nerfing all of these (special) moves. It's not like any of them were anywhere close to being overpowered (well, Aura Sphere is pretty powerful for a no-miss move, but still, only a couple of 'mons even learn it). It's really strange.

Thing is, we haven't seen any evidence of physical attacks being nerfed so far. They also specifically they were looking at the special moves in particular for balancing.

Why, I'll never know, because there are far, far more deadly physical attackers then special attackers.

I'm glad they're reducing the power of these moves, it'll help the game become more defensive. I just hope they nerf physical moves, too.
    Looking for these female Pokemon with their Hidden Abilities. I have dozens of DWFs on offer. PM me if you want to trade.

In an exchange of nerfing Dragon Pulse, they should at least give it a secondary effect.

Page 7 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast