Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon-amie Thread

Quote Originally Posted by dragontamer44722 View Post
    its only for Sylveon. the others don't need a fairy to evolve from what I've heard
    Mine evolved into Sylveon without knowing a fairy move. I just had full affection.

you sure cause i have done three levels with max everything

Quote Originally Posted by strawbs View Post
    you sure cause i have done three levels with max everything
    I'm not sure. I got my Eevee from route 10 at level 20, 21, or 22. When I got its full affection I went to level it up and upon doing so it evolved into a Sylveon. I will get back to you as I plan on evolving another Eevee as I traded my original one for a Ditto.

I used this to get a Sylveon, don't think I'll ever use it again. The face game was unresponsive altogether and the games aren't that fun.
    Looking for any Diancie. Any IVs, any nature, cloned a million times. It's for the dex, I'll trade a shiny Dragonair for it.

My eevee refuses to eat. Really making this more difficult than it should be :/
    3DS Code: 2251-5181-5862
    Let's fill up that Friend Safari together!

I'm spending way to much time in this thing, feeding and petting and I don't even know. It's like an ocd.

Okay, my second Sylveon now. This time my Eevee learned a fairy move at level 9 called Baby-Doll-Eyes so it evolved then afterwards. I'm not sure if my other Eevee knew Baby-Doll-Eyes. As I said, I captured that Eevee on Route 10 at level 20, 21, or 22.

Has it been found out if there is any importance to type/colour of the puff you feed your Pokemon? Does a certain group of types prefer the green while others prefer the pink ones or something like that?

So I can officially say the face detector in amie sucks. On the plus side, it is the only bad thing I can saw about the game. This game is amazing!

...but the face detector sucks.
    My 3ds Friend Code:
    Name: Rotem
    FC: 4425-1847-2626

I have Pokemon X, Animal Crossing New Leaf, Mario Kart 7, Bravely Default, Luigi's Mansion 2 and Steel Diver: Sub Wars Premium for Multiplayer. Add me if you wish.

So, what I have gathered so far is that the main point of this is to gain affection which can be done by either feeding your pokemon treats or rubbing it. When the fullness meter is full, your pokemon will not eat any more so you cant gain affection from spamming treats. Likewise with the rubbing, you cant gain affection for spamming your pokemon with rubs if the enjoyment meter goes too low so you have to play with your pokemon before rubbing it. I also noticed that you can win too many treats and not have enough room for them all.

Still not figured out how to do a 'big smile' when interacting.
    ... X and Y teams ...

Quote Originally Posted by bolter1 View Post
    Has it been found out if there is any importance to type/colour of the puff you feed your Pokemon? Does a certain group of types prefer the green while others prefer the pink ones or something like that?
    I tried different cupcakes/puffs on my Eevee. The only thing I noticed was less or extra hearts, so i assume that means what it might prefers. However, I don't think it really matters what you feed your Pokemon as I eventually got 5 affection hearts for Eevee, though the last heart took twice or three times as long.

I also noticed that I probably didn't have to properly play the mini-games - Trying to go as long as possible/to beat my current high-score.

You play two or three mini games and your Pokemon gets hungry.

Before feeding Eevee I would rub its belly for hearts until a music symbol came up instead.

This is when I would feed Eevee six or so times until it never wanted anymore.

I then re-played the minigames, rub its belly, then fed it again.

The affection given by PokePuffs is determined by how "fancy" it is. The simplest ones, with no frosting or candy, give 2 hearts, the ones with the fancier frosting give 3, the ones with a candy give 4, and the ones with the fancy frosting and the candy give 5.

If you're trying to max out a poke's affection for the buffs, the best way to do it is to pet till it wont let you, then give it the highest level puffs you have. Play a game of Head It on unlimited difficulty (it gives the best pokepuffs), and repeat.

Skiddo is so cute in pokemon amie. This really helpt with binding with your pokemon. The big smile worked for me but it was difficult and i tried multiple things, eyes closed and open and you really have to make a very big smile.

Really enjoy the pokemon amie aspect of the game and I feel that the developers have succeeded in getting you closer to your favorite pokemon.

That being said, has anyone tried feeding Yveltal yet? Thing eats those doughnuts in two bites and always seems to want me to play with it, even after playing 4-5 games with it. Demanding creature.

Here's hoping my pokemon don't become overweight

Okay, I figured a few things out, maybe it will help you all.

Since I am not getting a Sylveon yet, but am in love with my Dedenne, I spent a lot of time playing with it and raised it's affection to full, here is how.

A note on Poke puffs: There seem to be 3 types of treats. Basic ones, the ones with cream and then ones with topping. Basic ones seem to give 2 hearts upon feeding, cream ones 3 hearts and lastly, the ones with toppings give 4 hearts, so are the best if you want to raise affection fast. Games on hard difficulty seem to always give Poke puffs with the toppings.

So, it's the best to pet your pokemon in the spot it likes (most of Pokemon seem to indicate it by closing their eyes and when rubbing, you'll hear the highest sound. It's not hard to find usually. My Dedenne likes to be rubbed under her chin ) as it gives the best results. When your Pokemon's enjoyment drops, there will only be one heart when you pet it, and next time you pet it, it will have a musical note in a speech bubble instead of hearts shown. You can feed it poke puffs (assuming it isn't full) as it will still gain hearts from them even if it's enjoyment is low, and then go play minigames. Playing minigames raises it's affection and drops the fullness stat, so you can repeat petting/feeding after you're done playing.

Shortly speaking:
    - Feed topping poke-puffs.
    - Rub it until a musical note shows instead of hearts.
    - Go play mini-games.
    - Repeat.

Also, I haven't found out yet, but different types of pokepuffs may give more or less fullness.

FC: 5284 2722 8575
    P o k e m o n X

Spoiler:- personality tests, quiz results etc.:

Quote Originally Posted by thetamale View Post
    I used this to get a Sylveon, don't think I'll ever use it again. The face game was unresponsive altogether and the games aren't that fun.
    Same here. This might sound like an odd question but do you wear glasses? I do and other people of the Pokemon reddit site have found that if you wear glasses the game doesn't work. Only if I take mine off it isn't shall we say easy to do either in some cases. Though that being said some people have had issues even without glasses but because their fringe is too long or other ridiculous things. The program for it doesn't really work too well I guess.

That being said do you have to do the face game to get Sylveon or can I just feed and pet Eevee to get the thing?
    Just started a lets play of Pokemon X. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHfKOvGgEIc Prepare to watch the fail xD.

Pokemon so far:
    Fennekin
    Zigzagoon
    Fletchinder
    Dunsparce
    Torchic (in the pc)

Got my first badge and accidentally caused a shiny bidoof to faint.

That game is simply a good source of affection and playfulness, which can be obtained from other sources.

Dos affection alter the amount of exp your pokemon gets? My Delphox is getting boosted exp and I don't know why.
    Y TEAM:
    DELPHOX, BLASTOISE, TYRANTRUM, AERODACTYL, AEGISLASH, MALAMAR

X TEAM:
    GRENINJA, CHARIZARD, TREVENANT, GOODRA, SCIZOR, HELIOLISK

Quote Originally Posted by Helium Paperweight View Post
    Dos affection alter the amount of exp your pokemon gets? My Delphox is getting boosted exp and I don't know why.
    If you have maxed affection you'll get permenant boosted XP, or if you've been playing with it you may get some for a short while.

Also, Vedil, you forgot to mention the puffs that have both the frosting and the treat, which give 5 hearts.

When a Pokemon starts tilting its head, what am I supposed to do? Tilt the 3DS or will the camera recognize me? I guess the smiling is also utilized by the camera, but my system is registering it. Maybe I'm a ghost.

There's also some cute details for some Pokemon. Espurrs HATE it when you pet their ears, and when you touch Amaura's ice diamond your hand freezes.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

First post here, enjoy! Here are some things I discovered for Poke Amie. Anecdotal evidence obviously but it has been consistent with me:

1) The more fancy looking foods grant more friendship points
    2) When a pokemon is full from eating the last food it eats will be slower than normal
    3) If you want to get your pokemon hungry again simply play a game or 2 with it , the hunger will drop down to almost nothing to repeat the cycle again.
    4) To do the facial minigames keep your 3ds in a well lit room and about 1-2 feet from your face looking DIRECTLY at the camera. You will know its correct when the little face at the bottom left remains there (means the pokemon can see you). Start making random faces at the camera slowly until the game starts.
    5) The facial mini games require you to exaggerate your actions heavily so it will notice. ( For example A smile will not count unless you show your teeth)
    6) The camera has some issues detecting your eyes so you need a brightly lit room.
    7) The affection you get IS related to friendship. Using the game for about 20 minutes I got azurill to evolve to a marril in 5 levels.
    8) Venusaur female will throw you off if you touch the seed in its flower even once x.x.

Axew is too adorable in Pokemon Amie.

It also eats Pokepuffs about three times faster then any other species of Pokemon I've played with, which I wasn't really expecting.

Hi guys. I made an account so that I can share this bit of info about Pokemon-amie.

I battled an NPC trainer who has a Mienfoo and I was using Wartortle with three hearts. Mienfoo used Force Palm on my Wartortle and it decreased his HP by as much as 14. When my Wartortle only has 9 HP, Mienfoo used Force Palm again.

I was expecting my Wartortle to faint but it left 1 HP. Then a text showed that my Wartortle wanted to show me that he's tough, so he endured Mienfoo's Force Palm.

The effects of Pokemon-amie is amazing! It made me feel closer to my Pokemon. Hehe that's all! Just wanted to share that.

What I love in Amie is that it has lots of variety in itself. You love, feed and play with your pokemon but eventually, that turns out to be a great outcome in battles. I love that my trainer was petting my Braixen after she won her battles.

For Sylveon issue, what I recommend is, try to get an Eevee which is Lv.19 at Route 10. Otherwise, Baby-Doll-Eyes move replaces with Refresh when they level up to 20 and eventually forget their fairy type moves. If you have it at Lv.19, it is highly possible that you can get it at Lv.20, or you should have to wait around Lv.27-28. It took almost 30 minutes or 45 minutes to pet my Sylveon to reach from 0 to max affection, fullness and enjoyment. But, I also have a problem with unresponsive mimic actions.

3DS FC Code: 2165 - 6014 - 0811. Send a PM, if you have added.

Active - Pokémon X Trainer: Blaise.
    Pokémon Y Trainer: Dean.

Mii Name: BE.

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast