Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon-amie Thread

Quote Originally Posted by RawrDinosaur View Post
    Mine evolved into Sylveon without knowing a fairy move. I just had full affection.
    Mine just had one heart affection and evolved in Sylveon along with knowing Charm

So evolving into Sylveon is...random? =/

I just got my Eevee to full affection, but leveled her up and it did nothing.

Pokemon Amie is way too cute, though. I'm in love with my little Eevee now. xD
    ~ ~
    ---

~Original Image from pixiv~

Quote Originally Posted by Woodwindsrock View Post
    So evolving into Sylveon is...random? =/

I just got my Eevee to full affection, but leveled her up and it did nothing.

Pokemon Amie is way too cute, though. I'm in love with my little Eevee now. xD
    Get a Fairy-type move as well, either Charm or Baby-Doll Eyes.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, *******, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

My Eevee evolved into Sylveon with only two hearts of affection. That seems to be the minimum, as one heart wasn't enough.

Quote Originally Posted by kingbirdy View Post
    If you have maxed affection you'll get permenant boosted XP, or if you've been playing with it you may get some for a short while.
    Not quite. Your Pokémon already gets a permanent EXP boost with two hearts.

Gotta say, the additions to the dialogue and bonuses in battle are pretty neat and cute. I like how it grows one's potential attachment to the Pokemon you spent time filling up on fancy cakes. XD

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: The Coffee Guy's Rants: Remakes! He doesn't like them.
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Is it random or what? My Eevee's affection, fullness, and entertainment were all maxed out, and it it still wouldn't evolve. And then it learned Charm and evolved. Some people aren't needing a Fairy-type move to evolve or even full affection, so I'm confused as to the mechanics regarding Sylveon.

Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 8
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasti View Post
    Hi guys. I made an account so that I can share this bit of info about Pokemon-amie.

I battled an NPC trainer who has a Mienfoo and I was using Wartortle with three hearts. Mienfoo used Force Palm on my Wartortle and it decreased his HP by as much as 14. When my Wartortle only has 9 HP, Mienfoo used Force Palm again.

I was expecting my Wartortle to faint but it left 1 HP. Then a text showed that my Wartortle wanted to show me that he's tough, so he endured Mienfoo's Force Palm.

The effects of Pokemon-amie is amazing! It made me feel closer to my Pokemon. Hehe that's all! Just wanted to share that.

This made my heart melt a bit. That's just adorable and awesome. Pokemon-amie is one of my favorite features. It really helps you establish a bond with your Pokemon whilst giving you new features in battle.
    You are Loki! Loki is a Frost Giant. The god of mischief and trickery. He killed his friend Baldr and will lead the giants in starting Ragnarök (the end of the world)

The Shiny Charm is MINE!

Think you can take on the Night?

Quote Originally Posted by stanleysmith View Post
    Is it random or what? My Eevee's affection, fullness, and entertainment were all maxed out, and it it still wouldn't evolve. And then it learned Charm and evolved. Some people aren't needing a Fairy-type move to evolve or even full affection, so I'm confused as to the mechanics regarding Sylveon.
    First, for an Eevee to evolve into Sylveon, a fairy type move is a must.

Second, according to the sources and speculation, you need "AT LEAST" two hearts in the affection since at that time they start to gain boosted experience. It can be three as well though, since at the third heart, the conversation changes from " What will Eeeve do? " to " Eevee is awaiting trainer's directions."

3DS FC Code: 2165 - 6014 - 0811. Send a PM, if you have added.

Active - Pokémon X Trainer: Blaise.
    Pokémon Y Trainer: Dean.

Mii Name: BE.

not sure if this has been said yet, I just got poisoned and my blaziken (max affection) expelled it, that was pretty awesome !

So I am enjoying the amie as well, didn't really think I would but it's kinda fun.

I have been playing mostly with Fennekin (Before she evolved) and Eevee, both seem to love being petted on their chests as they close their eyes, lift their chins up slightly with a smile, it reminds me how dogs love the belly rubs and have those same expressions on their faces as well.

Also just realized with Eevee, when holding the Pokepuff above or basically anywhere he can't reach, he will eventually do a cute animation when he/she lifts their paw and does a small smile as to say "Funny, now give it to me", I only just realized you had hold the pokepuff (Was wondering why Fennekin looked annoyed everytime I dropped it in front of her until I realized what it was).
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

Are there any higher grade puffs past fancy? (the ones with the little cherry or orange slice on them)
    Y TEAM:
    DELPHOX, BLASTOISE, TYRANTRUM, AERODACTYL, AEGISLASH, MALAMAR

X TEAM:
    GRENINJA, CHARIZARD, TREVENANT, GOODRA, SCIZOR, HELIOLISK

Quote Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
    Gotta say, the additions to the dialogue and bonuses in battle are pretty neat and cute. I like how it grows one's potential attachment to the Pokemon you spent time filling up on fancy cakes. XD
    Yeah I said the same thing, plus my Sylveon has been dishing out crits like crazy ever since it evolved

I've noticed certain Pokémon like being pet in different areas. For example my Venusaur liked having his flower pet instead of his head. I like how they made it different for each Pokémon, makes them a little more unique
    ////

Quote Originally Posted by Helium Paperweight View Post
    Are there any higher grade puffs past fancy? (the ones with the little cherry or orange slice on them)
    Theres some with icing on top and several bits of fruit/chocolate/etc as opposed to just 1. You get this from doing good on the endless modes.

What does it mean when a yellow person appears in the bottom-left corner of my screen? I try smiling but nothing happens. And why does it zoom in when this happens? .-.
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/fjgfat.jpg[/IMG]
    ~~ Pokémon X and Y , the new generation...~~
    On the hunt for my first X&Y shiny! (and my first RE maybe.. >.<)
    Y Team: Delphox, Blastoise, Sylveon, Aurorus, Dragalge, Yveltal
    X Team: Greninja, Charmeleon, Pikachu, Eevee (Espeon/Leafeon)

[Thanks to Equal-to-Heaven for the Yveltal clock!]
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/vy4jgi.jpg[/IMG]

I was wondering. Is there a set time, say like every half hour for like 15 minutes that you have to pet , feed, and play with your pokemon on pokemon-amie? it seems like that's all that I get done. I just right now beat the first gym leader. And I just got 2 hearts and like 3 to 5 music notes. Boy, raising pokemon on x and y is just about as hard and raising really kids...Thank you all who answer my question.

pokemon-amie is a true connection between pokemon and trainer! finnaly! EV and natures aren't the only thing that matters in battle now th pokemon will fight for the trainer it cares so much ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by skittlepup View Post
    What does it mean when a yellow person appears in the bottom-left corner of my screen? I try smiling but nothing happens. And why does it zoom in when this happens? .-.
    It means it recognizes your face in the inner 3ds cam. If you keep it steady for a bit itll start a minigame where you can mimic your pokemon(prior to that itll mimic you). Although i can never get the "make a big smile" command to work.

Quote Originally Posted by zwizzy View Post
    First post here, enjoy! Here are some things I discovered for Poke Amie. Anecdotal evidence obviously but it has been consistent with me:

1) The more fancy looking foods grant more friendship points
    2) When a pokemon is full from eating the last food it eats will be slower than normal
    3) If you want to get your pokemon hungry again simply play a game or 2 with it , the hunger will drop down to almost nothing to repeat the cycle again.
    4) To do the facial minigames keep your 3ds in a well lit room and about 1-2 feet from your face looking DIRECTLY at the camera. You will know its correct when the little face at the bottom left remains there (means the pokemon can see you). Start making random faces at the camera slowly until the game starts.
    5) The facial mini games require you to exaggerate your actions heavily so it will notice. ( For example A smile will not count unless you show your teeth)
    6) The camera has some issues detecting your eyes so you need a brightly lit room.
    7) The affection you get IS related to friendship. Using the game for about 20 minutes I got azurill to evolve to a marril in 5 levels.
    8) Venusaur female will throw you off if you touch the seed in its flower even once x.x.
    Really? I have a level 20 Riolu with max affection and it hasn't evolved

I love this feature! It's so cute to play with my pokémon, especially Pikachu who makes the cutest noises ever!

I was about to make Pikachu evolve to Raichu, but then I'd have to miss him in Amie... Tough decisions
    Last edited by Jostru; 15th October 2013 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lugia's Chosen View Post
    Really? I have a level 20 Riolu with max affection and it hasn't evolved
    This happened to me, i had to continue playing with it a bit more to trigger the evolution.

I suspect that "max" you see is not the max yet, perhaps it means 200 Happiness when 220 is required.

I rotate my Pokemon between my team and a PC box labeled "Combatants", so I need to know this: If you don't play Pokemon-Amie with your Pokemon for a while, say by having it in the PC for a while, do its Mon-Amie stats - particularly the Affection one, the one that (as far as I understand) grants you battle bonuses - decrease (and thus take away said bonuses)? Or, like Friendship/Happiness, does it stay put (say, put a Pokemon with Affection Level 3 in the box for a while, take it out later, it's still at AL3)?

...Come to think of it, I'm not entirely sure: does Friendship/Happiness decrease if your Pokemon's left in a box? If so, I need to get my Budew back into my party.

My Gogoat has maximum affection and after it knocks a pokemon out in battle, i can stroke its head during the battle screen by keeping my finger or stylus on the touch screen and hearts appear. It also repels status changing moves on occasion and avoids things like taunt. When this happen a heart appears above its head.
    ... X and Y teams ...

So pokemon-amie works on pokemon who require happiness to evolve.. has anyone gotten this to work for espeon/umbreon? I keep googling and people say it isn't possible.

Also,
    On the subject of Sylveon. Eevee learns Baby-Doll Eyes at lv 9. It takes 2 hearts of affection to evolve into Sylveon. I've evolved a couple so far. Just useful information I found out from trial and error.
    Last edited by lovcat; 15th October 2013 at 6:17 PM.

Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast