Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon-amie Thread

Well that sucks. We're going to try if trading between two players will reset the amie. After that, I'm out of ideas.

I think Slugma is the hardest to raise in amie as it can't ge touched anywhere at all. Are there other mons like that, like this Magma Armor or Flame Body?

Anyone saying Red is a good trainer please explain to me how he can have a Jolteon get OHKO'ed by a Thunderbolt. From a Rhyhorn.

Proud owner of an English Unnerve Mewtwo.

I'm currently in Sinnoh and Johto-Kanto at the moment. If you want to do a trade, notify me when as I won't be online in Kalos (Gen VI).

Quote Originally Posted by Xaby View Post
    Well that sucks. We're going to try if trading between two players will reset the amie. After that, I'm out of ideas.

I think Slugma is the hardest to raise in amie as it can't ge touched anywhere at all. Are there other mons like that, like this Magma Armor or Flame Body?
    Does petting its eyes still burn your hands? I haven't tried.
    If not, then Slugma is equally the same with the rest of Pokemon in raising affection....

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Nope, even his eyes are blazing hot. I find it pretty funny, actually.

Anyone saying Red is a good trainer please explain to me how he can have a Jolteon get OHKO'ed by a Thunderbolt. From a Rhyhorn.

Proud owner of an English Unnerve Mewtwo.

I'm currently in Sinnoh and Johto-Kanto at the moment. If you want to do a trade, notify me when as I won't be online in Kalos (Gen VI).

I'm sad that I can't high five my shiny Psyduck. He's so cute! My friend got him from a trade and then traded him to me. He looks so sad when I try to stroke his three strands of hair.
    Disappearance: REWRITE (19/??)
    Author: Mitsukiharu (collaboration account)
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.

My Personal FF Account l Ambition l Four Times The Charm l For The Love of Food! l Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

Disparities and menaces in petting
    Froslass's Ice Horns cannot be touched, they will freeze you.
    Rotom's energy whateveskies cannot be touched, they will shock you.
    Slugma's entire body cannot be touched, he will burn you.
    Ghost-type pokemon who have amorphous DO NOT have a favorite spot or unfavorite spot to be petted, as such can be touched anywhere for neutral results (Gengar-line). Other Pokémon who have no actual physical form may expect similar results.

Divided the reactions of Pokémon in 3 categories:
    -Dislike- Pokémon will get angry and lose affection with you.
    -Neutral- Pokémon will like being petted, but lose interest more quickly (can be petted less times if you pet it here).
    -Like- Pokémon will love being petted, which allows you to pet it an additional time for benefit (3 additional hearts).
    Each category makes a distinct sound, which can be used to easily determine if different Pokémon like different areas of their bodies. Upon testing, it seems Pokémon tend to dislike being touched in protruding places such as feelers, antennas, hair. Bird Pokémon dislike being touched in their legs, but love being touched in their beaks or chests. Defensive Pokémon seem to like being petted in the area of their bodies that might be used to defend (Golett's Elbows, Golem's shell, etc...)

Each time you play a minigame, you will be able to feed your Pokémon 3 Poffins and pet it 3-4 times (depending on the spot petted). If given premier Poffins (gained from Infinite challenges) they gain 5-6 hearts depending if it's their favorite flavor. Each time you participate in a game, you can gain 15-18 hearts by feeding and 9-12 hearts by petting. So you can net 24-30 hearts per minigame.

5 Affection = 250 hearts
    The minimum amount of minigames you have to play in one sitting to max affection is 250/25 = 10.
    The obtainable hearts can accumulate up to 2 minigames, so if you feed and pet your Pokémon every 2 Infinite games, it only takes 5 rounds of playing minigames to reach max Affection.

The easiest Minigame to SPAM Infinite challenge is the Berry challenge. The other 2 are trickier to get full scores and should be done for fun, not for obtaining Premium Poffins.

This is separate because of it's importance. I had Gengar at full Affection last week, but today it died 3 times because of my fault, and his affection was reduced to 4 hearts.

AMIE AFFECTION REDUCES ALONGSIDE REGULAR HAPPINESS!

If you want to reduce Affection:
    -Let it faint a lot
    -Let it be sick a lot
    -Never land a super effective hit (this increase their confidence in you, which is contrary to what you want)
    -Always land nor very effective or completely ineffective moves.
    -DO NOT USE ITEMS ON IT
    -DO NOT PLAY POKEMON AMIE WITH IT FOR A LONG TIME

PS- I hold no responsibility if your Pokémon stops listening to your commands because it hates your guts.

Wow. A maxed-affection Pokemon can lose its paralysis or burns along with increased chances of critical hit and avoiding attacks, and gaining boosted exp during battle.

When avoiding attacks:
    <name> read your mind and avoided the attack!

When landing critical hits:
    <name> is so in sync with you that it landed a critical hit!

When losing its paralysis:
    <name> gathered all its strength and broke free from its paralysis so <trainer> wouldn't worry!

When losing a burn:
    <name> blew on its burn and cooled it so <trainer> wouldn't worry!

I'm sure there's one for poison and maybe sleep, but I haven't seen it happen yet. Might also make confused pokemon snap out of confusion earlier.

Also some amusing lines at full hearts when the pokemon is awaiting command in battle:
    <name> is interested in the contents of <trainer>'s bag...
    <name> looked back at <trainer> and nodded in understanding
    <name> is bursting with excitement for the battle!
    <name> and <trainer> are in perfect sync with one another!

Between 2-4 hearts:
    <name> seems a bit out of it...
    <name> seems a little uneasy...
    Vivillon Hunt:

Native Vivillon: River

Need: Tundra
    PM me if you'd like to trade Vivillons!

Thowra 4986 3020 9888 (White 2)
    Thowra 1289-9658-9104 (3DS for Y) Friend Safari: Water - Panpour/Gyarados/Frogadier
    GMT +11 timezone

Yes they can lose any status condition, which is unfortunate for people who like being statused (Facade)

I find it amusing that any Pokemon with a harmful spot on their body will emit a question mark if you keep touching that spot repeatedly and getting burned/frozen/shocked/poked, as if wondering if you're some kind of a masochist.

Does anyone know how to accurately do the face game? Because I always get stuck on the smiles.

Haha I gave up on the face thing, it never recognised my 'wide smiles' and winking :/
    Vivillon Hunt:

Native Vivillon: River

Need: Tundra
    PM me if you'd like to trade Vivillons!

Thowra 4986 3020 9888 (White 2)
    Thowra 1289-9658-9104 (3DS for Y) Friend Safari: Water - Panpour/Gyarados/Frogadier
    GMT +11 timezone

Quote Originally Posted by raffuresia View Post
    Does anyone know how to accurately do the face game? Because I always get stuck on the smiles.
    If anything in the 3DS - even outside this game - has anything to do with the camera, good luck.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

Discovered the hardest Pokémon to maximize Affection:

SHEDINJA CANNOT EAT!

You can ONLY raise affection through petting, which means 9 hearts MAX every 2 games. Reaching 250 hearts for max affection is HARD!

Slugma can at least EAT even if you can't PET IT!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackwingMarauder View Post
    Dear god, that is hilarious!!! xD But why would you rub their crotch?... '_'

Anyway Banette is so friggin adorable when you pet him! Afterwards he puts his hands up to his mouth and giggles!
    He does that because he likes the taste of your soul.

I was initially under the impression some Pokemon were too serious or stoic to ever smile, as I couldn't get such a response from them by feeding or petting them.

However, even ones like Garchomp and Haxorus can smile if you play the face imitating game with them, which is rather amusing.

Yveltal is one of the few who won't smile under any circumstances ever, though. I guess showing emotion is above a Pokemon of its stature.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    I was initially under the impression some Pokemon were too serious or stoic to ever smile, as I couldn't get such a response from them by feeding or petting them.

However, even ones like Garchomp and Haxorus can smile if you play the face imitating game with them, which is rather amusing.

Yveltal is one of the few who won't smile under any circumstances ever, though. I guess showing emotion is above a Pokemon of its stature.

Face imitating game? I've not heard of this minigame... How is it accessed???

Just hold the 3DS still in front of your face until that little icon appears in the lower left corner.

After that, you'll notice that if you tilt your head, close your eyes, or open your mouth, your Pokemon will imitate you. If you do this long enough, the game will ask you make a series of specific expressions which will give your Pokemon a large amount of affection and playfulness if you succeed. Failure to make the expression in time will simply end the game with your Pokemon giving you a sad or disappointed look (Which is another expression most Pokemon won't make under any other circumstances).

The camera's detection is rather dodgy, so you might have to change the angle you're holding it multiple times at in order to get the expressions you make to be detected properly.

Well this might just be what I need to raise Shedinja's affection! Thanks

Ugh! This is hard... It just won't detect my winks or smiles...
    Last edited by NeoPhantos; 26th October 2013 at 4:56 AM.

I just got an incredible streak in the head-it minigame(130 hit combo! :O) and earned two Supreme PokePuffs!

I also found out if passerby pokemon really like what you leave, you can get Supremes from them as well! I'm learning something new every day, hah!
    Forever keeping it clean. Whether everyone else likes it or not!
    3DS FC: 4227 - 0729 - 3560

My ASB Profile

It should be noted that immediately after you become the champion, the next few groups of vistors will leave behind a Supreme Honor Pokepuff.

I've never gotten Supreme Poke Puffs on any other occasion.

Ah, that explains alot, I'd figured it was merely a rare occasion. It seems that even others' pokemon are grateful for what you pull off!
    Forever keeping it clean. Whether everyone else likes it or not!
    3DS FC: 4227 - 0729 - 3560

My ASB Profile

My diligence has been rewarded - I am almost good enough to 5 star Head It 100% of the time! Hopefully I'll reach this goal soon, so that I may work on mastering the final game. That one's gonna be a doozy, I'll bet. Still, gotta get those Winter Puffs somehow.
    Pokémon White BadgeQuest

Roger
    22,427 REs

I think I do a bit better on the puzzle slider than the other mini games. Amie is a cute and fun feature, especially playing with the little ones like Eevee and Fennekin, they can hi-five you when you hover the cursor around long enough. While I guess others beyond that will just stare at the cursor. You'd think some of the legendaries would intimidate you or chew your arm off trying to feed it?
    Speaking of Yveltal. Also note that this incarnation of death and destruction got teary-eyed when speaking to one of the NPCs...

Somehow, Yveltal's lack of emotion manages to make it just as amusing to me as the Pokemon that do display emotion. Mostly in regards to its "smile" and utter lack of concern about you not trying imitate the faces it's making.

On a related note, I'm kind of surprised that Goodra isn't more animated then it is. Despite being a Dragon type that's specifically noted as being extremely friendly, it lacks any sort of happy idle animation and won't give you a high-five, either; instead just looking at the cursor with an astonished expression. Yet Hydreigon, the dragon that's described as being a vicious beast that attacks everything in sight, has an adorable idle animation and is willing to give you a "high five" (In the form of a headbutt, since it apparently doesn't view its other heads as hands).
    Last edited by Rakurai; 26th October 2013 at 10:08 AM.

Something kind of funny I noticed ..
    If you have Pokemon Amie open on the touch screen while you're playing the main game, and you start skating or riding your bicycle, your Pokemon will slam into the edges of the ball. However, when you start walking, it jumps around asking for treats or wanting to play a game!
    ありがとう ごめんね
    ありがとう サヨナラ
    ずっと 君のものだよ
    いつも側にいるよ

Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast