Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon-amie Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BlackwingMarauder View Post
    Wow, that is messed up... And yeah be very weird to pet Machoke/Machamp and any other Human Like Pokemon there '_'
    I was planning on responding to this with a piece of fanart someone linked to me a while ago, but I'm pretty sure that would get me perma-banned, so alas xD

In other news, I've started a new game on Pokémon X with a team I bred on Y, and I decided to really invest in pokémon-amie this time. It's been worth it, way more so than I thought it would be. The battle performance is improved noticeably, but more than anything I actually care about my pokémon now. I used to just work them to the point of figurative death, but now I really don't want them to faint anymore and am much more considerate in my strategies. Damn you, Game Freak! :P

A word of advice for anyone training a Pokemon that they plan on putting in the GTS later: DO NOT PUT THEM IN AMIE. I repeat; DO NOT PUT THEM IN AMIE. You'll grow too attached and won't be able to let them go. Trust me, I'm speaking from experience. I got a Fennekin through Wonder Trade awhile ago, but since I already had one, I didn't really want to keep it. So I figured "Meh, I'll at least evolve it into Delphox before I try to get rid of it. Maybe I'll be able to get a better trade that way", so to help with exp and such (and out of curiosity as to what the Fennekin line looked like in Amie), I started playing with him and feeding him. By the time he was fully evolved, I was too attached and didn't want to give him away, even though I had no plans on using him for anything. So now he's just taking up space in my PC. :I Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Feebie View Post
    A word of advice for anyone training a Pokemon that they plan on putting in the GTS later: DO NOT PUT THEM IN AMIE. I repeat; DO NOT PUT THEM IN AMIE. You'll grow too attached and won't be able to let them go. Trust me, I'm speaking from experience. I got a Fennekin through Wonder Trade awhile ago, but since I already had one, I didn't really want to keep it. So I figured "Meh, I'll at least evolve it into Delphox before I try to get rid of it. Maybe I'll be able to get a better trade that way", so to help with exp and such (and out of curiosity as to what the Fennekin line looked like in Amie), I started playing with him and feeding him. By the time he was fully evolved, I was too attached and didn't want to give him away, even though I had no plans on using him for anything. So now he's just taking up space in my PC. :I Sigh.
    ...Unless Pokémon were real or said Pokémon was trained to perfection, I see no reason why not to trade them away.

I'm like that too sometimes. Even though they aren't real, it's just you don't want to get rid of something that you spent time and effort into taking care of only to trade it away. It sounds odd and sappy, but it likes and trusts you playing it through amie. For the same reason, I wouldn't trade away the random team I made for in-game/story purposes. There's just something about them that made them feel irreplaceable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuneko View Post
    There's just something about them that made them feel irreplaceable.
    The first Champion Ribbons, of course!

I can not listen to myself can I? I received the event torchic, but I have a lvl 100 Blaziken in Black. I don't like having more than one of the same pokemon unless one is shiny. I tried to ignore it as much as possible, but I needed it to like me more, so I went to amie. It is now my main pokemon, and its level80 something. EXACTLY WHAT I DIDN'T WANT TO HAPPEN!!!!!
    Last edited by ace-of-aces; 26th October 2013 at 11:10 PM.
    Y FC- 5413-0952-2905
    Psychic type safari
    Name- Devon

Better SIG coming soon.

I played with all of the different Dragon types in the Kalos dex out of boredom.

I conclude that Hydreigon is still the most adorable of the bunch. The only one I could see giving it competition in the future is Latias, but it's still going to be tough for her to beat its happy dances, which more then make up for what it might lack in cuteness appearance wise...

On a related note, only Dratini, Swablu, Altaria, Axew, and Hydreigon will give you a makeshift high-five.

Quote Originally Posted by dacrag View Post
    Something kind of funny I noticed ..
    If you have Pokemon Amie open on the touch screen while you're playing the main game, and you start skating or riding your bicycle, your Pokemon will slam into the edges of the ball. However, when you start walking, it jumps around asking for treats or wanting to play a game!
    Same for using roller blades. I wonder if this makes the Pokémon dislike you.

Currently in Hoenn.
    Claimed Scyther

Thanks to Chapter of Charizard for the Button
    PASBL explained ~ WF ~ Incoming absence alert
    Coming next year in the fanfic section:

Thank you Astral Shadow for the Banner

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Harzard View Post
    Same for using roller blades. I wonder if this makes the Pokémon dislike you.
    Based on my observation, riding the bicycle and roller skates doesn't seem to affect affection at all.
    I haven't played with my Pokemon for days ever since they reached maximum affection and I've been cycling and skating a lot. No change in affection.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Based on my observation, riding the bicycle and roller skates doesn't seem to affect affection at all.
    I haven't played with my Pokemon for days ever since they reached maximum affection and I've been cycling and skating a lot. No change in affection.
    I just want to make sure but while playing like that was Amie still on or did you have it on a different page? I always wondered this myself.

Mom's Words of Wisdom: "Just try touching the buttons, you'll know what to do in no time." - HG/SS

Button Credit: Astral Shadow

Is the muzzle the only place you can pet male pyroar?
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    I played with all of the different Dragon types in the Kalos dex out of boredom.

I conclude that Hydreigon is still the most adorable of the bunch. The only one I could see giving it competition in the future is Latias, but it's still going to be tough for her to beat its happy dances, which more then make up for what it might lack in cuteness appearance wise...

On a related note, only Dratini, Swablu, Altaria, Axew, and Hydreigon will give you a makeshift high-five.
    ... These games seem to really be showcasing Hydreigon's cuddly side what with all it's portrayals and such.

Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    Is the muzzle the only place you can pet male pyroar?
    Appears to be the case.

Better than Slugma, who you can't pet at all.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    ... These games seem to really be showcasing Hydreigon's cuddly side what with all it's portrayals and such.

Appears to be the case.

Better than Slugma, who you can't pet at all.
    True. Why would they do that? Can macargo's shell be petted?
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

True. Why would they do that? Can macargo's shell be petted?
    I'm sure that was their way of trying to make it seem more realistic. Slugma's whole body is lava which really wouldn't make sense to be able to pet it anywhere. Not sure about the shell yet, I'm also curious to see if that will work or not.

This question may have already been asked but how exactly do you start being able yo mimic your pokemon? I got it to work once but after that I havn't been able to.

Mom's Words of Wisdom: "Just try touching the buttons, you'll know what to do in no time." - HG/SS

Quote Originally Posted by TrainerMaria View Post
    I'm sure that was their way of trying to make it seem more realistic. Slugma's whole body is lava which really wouldn't make sense to be able to pet it anywhere. Not sure about the shell yet, I'm also curious to see if that will work or not.

This question may have already been asked but how exactly do you start being able yo mimic your pokemon? I got it to work once but after that I havn't been able to.
    Poor slugma fans. Shame, they are cute.

-My younger brother

Poor slugma fans. Shame, they are cute.
    Yeah, it would have been nice to be able to unlock new items for amie like heat resistance gloves or something like that. At the same time though it does add more uniqueness to every pokemon making a fun reason to try each pokemon. Aurorus really surprised me when I went to pet it's face; if you touch the gem it will freeze your hand.

Quote Originally Posted by TrainerMaria View Post
    Yeah, it would have been nice to be able to unlock new items for amie like heat resistance gloves or something like that. At the same time though it does add more uniqueness to every pokemon making a fun reason to try each pokemon. Aurorus really surprised me when I went to pet it's face; if you touch the gem it will freeze your hand.
    That what my brother said-he loves that dino. He also loves slugma, the poor sucker. I'll have fun burning my hand on Cherry's mane.

-My younger brother

i really love amie. Seeing all uf favorite pokemon and interact with them. My big problem is doing the face game with them. Every time i get it to activate. i can only get to do two faces because after that my 3DS doesn't let me do the next face because the icon disappears after. I dont know if its the lighting in my room or im not holding my 3DS in the spot where i can get the face icon to hold itself in place that long. I am getting frustrated with it
    ~Credits to SwornMetalhead for the Banner~

You need to have proper light and distance (I usually do a 10 inch distance) but it's really a trial and error. It can easily recognize my head tilts, smiles and sometimes winks. But when I have to look surprised, it always messes up.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

I try tilting my head and winking, and that seems to do the trick, but have the 3ds face a wall, not a window, otherwise it has no idea what's going on!

I only recently noticed that your Pokemon will start dozing off if you idle after you play with it a lot, which will eventually result in it automatically being put back into its ball if you don't wake them up.

If you wake them up enough times, they'll eventually shake off their sleepiness, though.

This is another regard where you can tell that they put more effort into some Pokemon then others, as some like Yveltal will simply close their eyes, then open them when you wake them up, whereas others like Hydreigon are a lot more animated, nodding off before they actually fall asleep, then shaking their heads when they wake up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Hydreigon will give you a makeshift high-five.
    Sounds kinda dangerous.

Kudos to everyone who can at least get the mimicry game to begin. I haven't had any luck with it at all since those first rare jobs.

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco View Post
    Sounds kinda dangerous.
    It looks dangerous, too, considering that its way of asking for a "high-five" is snapping at you while making a very unfriendly looking expression.

I initially dismissed it as simply being fierce for no apparent reason, but then I tried poking its head, which made it do a happy dance. I guess it just has a weird way of asking for attention.

Poor Slugma fans????

Poor Shedinja FANS!!! They can't eat, so raising Affection is H. A. R. D.

;-;

Furthermore, being a ZOMBIE, Shedinja doesn't have any emotions to show, so petting it has no cuteness value...

,,,,,,,;.;,,,,,,,, <----river of tears

PS- leaving a Pokémon on the PC for long periods of time ALSO reduces Affection...

WHY??????? Shedinja is back to 0 Affection!!!!!!!!!!!!!

,,,,,,;0;,,,,,, <---- room filled with tears...
    Last edited by NeoPhantos; 29th October 2013 at 6:43 AM.

I have a feeling that once a Pokemon's affection is maxed out, it'll never reduce over time, as while I've noticed it in some other Pokemon I had deposited for a while, all of my maxed Pokemon are still maxed despite me having left them in the PC for like 50+ hours.
    Black 2 FC: 3654-8394-0937

3DS FC: 4511-1815-7291 (Spearow, Swanna, Doduo)

Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast