Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon-amie Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    I have a feeling that once a Pokemon's affection is maxed out, it'll never reduce over time, as while I've noticed it in some other Pokemon I had deposited for a while, all of my maxed Pokemon are still maxed despite me having left them in the PC for like 50+ hours.
    Well then something must have happened because a few others who I had Maxed out in affection lowered to 4 stars as well

I've heard that things reduce a Pokemon's happiness such as fainting can also lower affection.

Mine almost never faint, so that might explain why I've never seen any decreases.

Mine were in the PC, how could it have fainted there?

Things that reduce happiness AND Amie as far as I can tell:
    -Fainting
    -Status Conditions
    -Fighting with low HP
    -Using a Not Very Effective or Uneffective move
    -Receiving a super effective hit
    -Being petted in the wrong place
    -Being in the party, but not getting used ever -> maybe
    -Being in the PC for extended periods -> maybe
    -Losing a Super Training Regime Repeatedly -> maybe
    -Being fed the wrong flavor of berry

PS- you know how a Pokémon can be petted in battle sometimes? It can be done from 4 hearts onwards and it slowly raises Affection as if the Pokémon had been petted in Amie as well. The last heart can be obtained this way instead of in Amie.

oh wait! what about giving your pokemon bitter stuff? does that reduce affection?
    Darkness is just a friend you can't see!
    3DS FC: 4227 - 0729 - 3560

My ASB Profile

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhantos View Post
    Mine were in the PC, how could it have fainted there?

Things that reduce happiness AND Amie as far as I can tell:
    -Fainting
    -Status Conditions
    -Fighting with low HP
    -Using a Not Very Effective or Uneffective move
    -Receiving a super effective hit
    -Being petted in the wrong place
    -Being in the party, but not getting used ever -> maybe
    -Being in the PC for extended periods -> maybe
    -Losing a Super Training Regime Repeatedly -> maybe
    -Being fed the wrong flavor of berry

PS- you know how a Pokémon can be petted in battle sometimes? It can be done from 4 hearts onwards and it slowly raises Affection as if the Pokémon had been petted in Amie as well. The last heart can be obtained this way instead of in Amie.

Bulbapedia says that just depositing a pokemon can decrease the happiness ^^

At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

Pokemon-amie is a fun feature, especially when you see what ways you can interact with different types of Pokemon. I found out cocoon Pokemon like Metapod couldn't be fed when I tried giving mine a Poke Puff, which I guess I should've figured earlier .

The minigames are kind of addicting too. I can get a great score in Unlimited on Head It and Berry Picker, but I can't manage to do Tile Puzzle fast enough on the final level. Even after I fill in the corners first, the way it changes the pictures constantly always throws me off getting the middle ones in the right place >_<.
    ~Graoo!~

~Mightyena lover and Shiny Hunter~

[Pokemon Y Friend Safari: Fire--- Magmar, Larvesta and Braxien]

I think I'll ask this question here:
    What is the point of having/receiving decorations in regards to Pokemon-amie and does it affect game play in any way?
    3DS FC: 4785-5475-7913. Friend safari: fire w/ Growlithe, Larvesta, and Fletchinder.

Favorite obtained 6th gen shiny sprites: 658, 681, and 697

Quote Originally Posted by The Hiker king View Post
    What is the point of having/receiving decorations in regards to Pokemon-amie and does it affect game play in any way?
    Prettyfulness.

That is the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hiker king View Post
    Nope. It just decorates your touch screen while you physically abuse your Pokémon by using roller blades or the bicycle.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Special: Ace Attorney - All Breakdowns (+ PL & PW:AA)

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Nope. It just decorates your touch screen while you physically abuse your Pokémon by using roller blades or the bicycle.
    Man, I was hoping the decorations would improve the likelihood of getting presents or help Pokemon become friendly at an increased rate. I guess I'll set up a bunch of Will-o-wisp candles, a nocturnal chair, and a shredded black cushion then. If it won't help me I might as well intimidate my Pokemon!
    3DS FC: 4785-5475-7913. Friend safari: fire w/ Growlithe, Larvesta, and Fletchinder.

Favorite obtained 6th gen shiny sprites: 658, 681, and 697

This feature has definitely grown on me. I found it interesting in trailers but then when I first tried it out in-game I thought it was boring. I stuck with it though and liked the little bonuses and seeing what Pokemon react in what way. I wish just a ~little~ more effort was put into modeling some of them but it's understandable considering there are so many Pokemon to include.

Question though: The affection bonuses don't effect wi-fi battles I'm assuming?
    3DS FC: 1821 9722 6232
    Name: Bosch
    Zone: Fighting. Contains Meditite/Pancham/Hariyama
    Currently: breeding 5IV Corphish
    For trade: GEN6 5IV LIST

Has anyone else tried petting a Machoke in Pokémon-Amie yet? My Machoke's favorite spot is a tad... odd, and I'm wondering if it's the same for everyone else.

I can't decide if Sableye's cute or scary. It'll give you a little wave, but then it opens its mouth and the sight of all those sharp teeth is kind of disturbing. In the "you might not get your hand back" way. And it giggles.

FC: 2938-7055-3337
    Normal Friend Safari with Teddiursa/Kecleon/Smeargle
    Shinies: Togepi & Dedenne

lol the only emotionless Pokemon I've used so far on Pokemon-Amie was Meowstic, and they're still cute. But they have a reason to be emotionless and all.
    Friend Code: 1907-8618-9538
    Current Pokemon X Team:

God, pangoro's mouth is creepy.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

Quote Originally Posted by Aura24 View Post
    lol the only emotionless Pokemon I've used so far on Pokemon-Amie was Meowstic, and they're still cute. But they have a reason to be emotionless and all.
    They do have a reason XD but really? Mine's at four hearts and makes expressions... Then again, maybe male and female are different with that too? the makes to look insecure imo xD or maybe their personalities affect it?

Oh wat
    I just realized something
    Pokémon amie
    Wow I'm slow xD Pokéfrance region ftw

I want to see this feature carried through; then again, without it, there is no Sylveon, so it would be stupid to have only the option to get Sylveon only in X and Y. Anyways, I don't know if it was asked or not, but can the affection stats decreased? Ir was really, really hard to get Sylveon to five and Meowstic to four ;w;

Quote Originally Posted by blackstar View Post
    I can't decide if Sableye's cute or scary. It'll give you a little wave, but then it opens its mouth and the sight of all those sharp teeth is kind of disturbing. In the "you might not get your hand back" way. And it giggles.
    'DAAAW,. /snort.
    This is making me want to seeee. I had forgotten about the possible attributes a Pokemon might need if it eats jewels.

Purrloin is pretty cute, it does this little dance every time you pet or feed it.

Espurr's eyes are soulless. But it is still cute I really adore this feature. My Delphox has the cutest little smirk. My sister got a Sylveon and its happy dance is so cute! I don't like how only a few pokemon will give you a high five. Why not all of them?
    I love the berry picker game. My high score is like 140. Does anybody know how many puzzles need to be completed in unlimited tile swap to get 5 stars?

I could never get past the third puzzle on Unlimited mode, i'm left with little or no time left, i can't figure it out! Berry Picker gets hectic but somehow i keep up, and i love head-it!

I evolved (another) Eevee into an Umbreon today, and played with it in Amie, even though he frowns most of the time, it sure is charming when it gets happy or needy. He makes a sort of neutral smile.
    Darkness is just a friend you can't see!
    3DS FC: 4227 - 0729 - 3560

My ASB Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Trot Away View Post
    I could never get past the third puzzle on Unlimited mode, i'm left with little or no time left, i can't figure it out! Berry Picker gets hectic but somehow i keep up, and i love head-it!

I evolved (another) Eevee into an Umbreon today, and played with it in Amie, even though he frowns most of the time, it sure is charming when it gets happy or needy. He makes a sort of neutral smile.
    I have a hard time with the puzzles; I usually go to head-it if I want the fancier poke-puffs as well. XD
    Playing with Gyarados is just a *tad* awkward, only the a little bit of her is able to be petted; plus you can really only pet its mouth. That just seems...dangerous.

You want to increase the difficulty for puzzles?

HAVE THREE POKEMON, ALL EEVEE.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Special: Ace Attorney - All Breakdowns (+ PL & PW:AA)

Quote Originally Posted by Ambri View Post
    Pokemon-amie is a fun feature, especially when you see what ways you can interact with different types of Pokemon. I found out cocoon Pokemon like Metapod couldn't be fed when I tried giving mine a Poke Puff, which I guess I should've figured earlier .

The minigames are kind of addicting too. I can get a great score in Unlimited on Head It and Berry Picker, but I can't manage to do Tile Puzzle fast enough on the final level. Even after I fill in the corners first, the way it changes the pictures constantly always throws me off getting the middle ones in the right place >_<.
    Oh man, for me it's not even the middle pieces...I dunno if I have some form of dyslexia or something, but I keep scrambling where the borders are. Like, I'll move a tile because it looks like part of the top border, but then I stare at it again and it's actually part of the bottom border. Same goes for the sides. It just throws me through a loop.

I am a goddess at Berry Picker and Head It though :3

Is it just me, or does a lot of Pokemon-Amie take artistic cues from Dream World? Like, the minigames feel like Dream World games except that they don't freaking suck.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    You want to increase the difficulty for puzzles?

HAVE THREE POKEMON, ALL EEVEE.
    Congratulations, I am now dying of laughter at 4:30 in the morning. xD

I have an issue with the face game - I love the idea of it, but the problem is my eyes are rather tiny, and I guess my mouth is as well, because it takes a million attempts for it to register my winking or "huge smile"'s. Is there any video demonstration of what faces I need to do so I can...uhm...practice? What do I do in my situation? Is there any way to calibrate it or anything?

Quote Originally Posted by fuchsia View Post
    They do have a reason XD but really? Mine's at four hearts and makes expressions... Then again, maybe male and female are different with that too? the makes to look insecure imo xD or maybe their personalities affect it?

Oh wat
    I just realized something
    Pokémon amie
    Wow I'm slow xD Pokéfrance region ftw

I want to see this feature carried through; then again, without it, there is no Sylveon, so it would be stupid to have only the option to get Sylveon only in X and Y. Anyways, I don't know if it was asked or not, but can the affection stats decreased? Ir was really, really hard to get Sylveon to five and Meowstic to four ;w;

Yes. The same things that reduce happiness plus petting an area it dislikes. Leaving one in the PC for long time reduces it as well.

I've been puzzled since day one as to why the Froakie line always looks sleepy in Pokemon Amie.

I haven't noticed any other Pokemon who have a different default expression from what they're seen with everywhere else.

Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast