Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon-amie Thread

I am at 16 puzzles on unlimited and I am still only at 4.5 stars!

Also I found that the higher and farther away from your face that you hold the 3DS, the better it registers you

Just found out how derpish Hydreagon is in Poke amie i'm loving it ^^
    Btw if you touch pikachu checks he shoks you ( probably someone have told this already )
    3ds friend code: 0989 - 1816 - 0688

Read this.

I apologize if I missed it in past posts, but does anybody know what it means when the phrase "Your (pokemon) is looking intently at your bag"? First time posting btw and nice to be here!

Nothing much. He probably wants to eat something there or wants you to apply an object such as Attack X or Potion. He MIGHT even give you additional bonus if you do so... Bt this is theoretical of course...

I tell you what, Pokemon Amie was one of the greatest things GameFreak could've added to X and Y. Because now, more than any other game, I actually have emotions for my Pokemon. It's so great!
    - National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)

FC: 5129-0492-5213

Yeah I know what you mean. I don't think I would have become such a fan of Sylveon if not for it Gamefreak, first it is a love for zubat now this! It is like you pull at my heart strings every generation.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhantos View Post
    Nothing much. He probably wants to eat something there or wants you to apply an object such as Attack X or Potion. He MIGHT even give you additional bonus if you do so... Bt this is theoretical of course...
    It sounds legit. Of course after maxing all three, my team pretty much keep getting bonus after bonus with effects. I am surprised though the amount of status effect recoveries after four hearts.
    Last edited by Tiffany; 4th November 2013 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintrial View Post
    Btw if you touch pikachu checks he shoks you ( probably someone have told this already )
    Aw man, I can wait for Zweilous to evolve now. 8D

With different Pokemon, it's pretty hilarious; you can't touch the fire on the Charizard line's tail, the wool on mareep/bright orbs as an Ampharos, your hand goes through Trevenant, etc. You can't touch poor Slugma at al. X) I wonder if petting certain Ice types would make you freeze up or something. ;o

I've been puzzled since day one as to why the Froakie line always looks sleepy in Pokemon Amie.

I haven't noticed any other Pokemon who have a different default expression from what they're seen with everywhere else.
    I noticed that too; maybe he's just a chiiiiill guy?
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

Hydreigon is so adorable in Pokémon-amie, I love it.

So far, I like the feature, it gives a lot of personality to the Pokémon I did not expect to see and it's a lot of fun to play around with. I just wish I could get the facial expression thing down though since I never can activate it.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Quote Originally Posted by Vintrial View Post
    I think "made of adorable" is a more appropriate term.

Goomy is a better example of derpish, as evident in the expression it makes while it's watching the cursor.

Quote Originally Posted by Rio! View Post
    Aw man, I can wait for Zweilous to evolve now. 8D

With different Pokemon, it's pretty hilarious; you can't touch the fire on the Charizard line's tail, the wool on mareep/bright orbs as an Ampharos, your hand goes through Trevenant, etc. You can't touch poor Slugma at al. X) I wonder if petting certain Ice types would make you freeze up or something. ;o

I noticed that too; maybe he's just a chiiiiill guy?

That things happen ? awesome :b
    But so far the pokemon that i had most fun in amie was Pikachu ^^'
    Well Frokie in the anime was pretty chill out until it came time to battle so yey maybe he just is like that :b

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    I think "made of adorable" is a more appropriate term.

Goomy is a better example of derpish, as evident in the expression it makes while it's watching the cursor.
    Never expected such a badass looking guy to be so cute ^^
    I'm can't wait too see Reshiram/Kyorge and the epilogue of cutness Piplup +.+
    3ds friend code: 0989 - 1816 - 0688

Read this.

One thing I noticed is this:

I played with my Florges enough to the point where if I defeat a Pokémon, a hand pats it on the head and Florges looked at me.

But when I was doing a Double Battle in Le Wow, and when my Talonflame KO'd something, the hand still pats on Florges. Why am I petting a Pokémon that didn't do anything?

To pat a pokemon you need to touch the screen just before he gets experience. In double battles, you can Pet both participants while each is getting experience.

Can I just say that I absolutely love Pokemon-amie? I swear I love seeing my Pokemon be hella cute and stuff. Apparently Dratini gives you kisses. Holy cow, that is so adorable.
    I have my Flygon in amie right now, and he always has his back turned and gets super excited when he's interacted with. Gahhh, so much cutenessssss.

take me somewhere stars are still asleep.

One thing I feel Nintendo screwed up was the Pokemon Amie battle effects don't happen in Wi-Fi matches. (From what I've seen so far it looks like that, anyway!) Thus, people who steam-roll through the game, who don't have close affection with their Pokemon or who are obsessed with perfect EVs and IVs can still have an advantage. Whereas if the Pokemon Amie battle effects took place in outside matches, then those who actually 'took care' of their Pokemon would come out on top instead. That was one of the things I was most pleased about and hoped would happen. So people just don't bother 'playing' with their Pokemon or raising it's closeness because they see it as it makes no difference in online battling. Which is a shame for people like me who really get into 'raising' Pokemon and treating them like friends/pets! For once, I thought REAL Pokemon Trainers would be rewarded.

I only just got into Pokemon-Amie like yesterday when I felt like raising the affection of my Mightyena. When the interactions with your Pokemon happen during battle, it actually feels like you're a Trainer. I'm loving this feature just because you're actually interacting with the Pokemon!

In-game Name: Monica
    3DS Friend Code: 5026-4978-3429

Thank you PopPrincess_Lyra for the awesome ResistanceShipping banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Rio! View Post
    I wonder if petting certain Ice types would make you freeze up or something. ;o
    You can't pet Abomasnow's head, or else your hand freezes.
    (Had a much longer post, but since I'm a new member, it's denying SOMETHING in there. I don't know what.)

Edit - Apparently it was a single emoticon I had.
    FC - 4742-5995-5167
    Safari contains: Drowzee, Sigilyph, Gothorita
    Seeking Safaris Containing: Starters, Togepi

Quote Originally Posted by Pikatechu View Post
    One thing I feel Nintendo screwed up was the Pokemon Amie battle effects don't happen in Wi-Fi matches. (From what I've seen so far it looks like that, anyway!) Thus, people who steam-roll through the game, who don't have close affection with their Pokemon or who are obsessed with perfect EVs and IVs can still have an advantage. Whereas if the Pokemon Amie battle effects took place in outside matches, then those who actually 'took care' of their Pokemon would come out on top instead. That was one of the things I was most pleased about and hoped would happen. So people just don't bother 'playing' with their Pokemon or raising it's closeness because they see it as it makes no difference in online battling. Which is a shame for people like me who really get into 'raising' Pokemon and treating them like friends/pets! For once, I thought REAL Pokemon Trainers would be rewarded.
    I think they did it because it would make the battles even more luck-based, even if both trainers had maxed out affection in Amie.

The other day, I was battling the Elite Four and my Aegislash endured two Earthquakes in a row and then retaliated with a critical hit that instantly KOed the Gyarados. All I could think of was "wow, it must be insanely frustrating to be on the other side of this battle".

When petting an Aurorus your hand-icon will freeze if you go over the ice gems on his body as well.
    Friend Safari: Dragon w/ Fraxure, Dragonair, Sligoo

3738-0760-9969

With aurorous you can pet the sails but not everything else.

Anyway I am loving amie, I just got a new shiny from Friend safari (and three prevous ones in the past two days) I can't wait to max their affection in amie)
    ~Credits to SwornMetalhead for the Banner~

I feel so sad that I can't pet my Shiny Slugma
    Normal Friend Safari:
    Aipom, Audino, Ditto

Pokemon Y Shinies:
    , , x2, , , , , , , , , ,

Alpha Sapphire Team:

Omega Ruby Team:

Quote Originally Posted by Deraj View Post
    You can't pet Abomasnow's head, or else your hand freezes.
    (Had a much longer post, but since I'm a new member, it's denying SOMETHING in there. I don't know what.)

Edit - Apparently it was a single emoticon I had.
    Ooh wow, awesome! Not so awesome if you get freezer burn I guess. ;o
    I wonder if Kyurem will have that problem, lul.
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

I have not used PokemonAmie that much, and did not use it at all during the storyline...
    Once I put a proper team together I will probably get their affection to max.

(Does the affection go down over time?)

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

I'm trying to determine whether it's the species of Pokemon, type of Pokemon, or something else the effects what kinds of decorations you get from gifts and from playing with your Pokemon, as I've noticed I tend to get the same few things from using a particular Pokemon.

I also noticed that Hydreigon is unique in another way from most Pokemon in that if it ever has its back turned to you, it looks over its shoulder at you in response to you poking it to get its attention, which is a nice touch I haven't noticed in any of the other species I've played with so far.

Anybody else played with treveant yet? Its so adorable! It closes its eye and waves his arms. My haunted tree loves me!

I love how you can pet avalugg's front just fine, but the top'll freeze ya.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

LOOKING FOR LEGIT SHINY SEVIPER AND LINOONE! Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368

Joltik is pretty adorable in Amie. I think it's the only bug/spider in existence that I wouldn't mind interacting with.
    It won't high five you, but it looks so innocent when staring at the cursor. It's tiny and jumps around when it's happy.
    Galvatula is pretty cool too.

Togepi can spin around and high five you as well.

Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast