Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon-amie Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuneko View Post
    Joltik is pretty adorable in Amie. I think it's the only bug/spider in existence that I wouldn't mind interacting with.
    It won't high five you, but it looks so innocent when staring at the cursor. It's tiny and jumps around when it's happy.
    Galvatula is pretty cool too.

Togepi can spin around and high five you as well.
    Aww. I can't wait to see that!
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

An Alakazam likes to be petted on his right hand/spoon, but it dislikes being petted on the left... What's up with that?

Here you go, sorry for the odd quality.

I like the idea of Pokemon-Amie, but it's rather limited. It'd also be nice to have a variation of awards for the minigames aside from... the new poffins, whatever they were called.
    3DS FC: 4355 - 9891 - 7163 (Khaos)

I love the look on Togepi's face as it is looking at the cursor... so cute!

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Quick question: is there a Trainer-Card ranking that is unlocked in Aime?
    Wifi service for Gens IV and V closes May 30th! Get your Dream World Females while you still can!

I have the following Dream World Females up for trade: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , and .

I'm looking for pretty much anything I don't have, but I'm specifically looking for DWF Durant right now.

So PM me and we can work out a trade! My Black Version FC is 2881-9364-7814.

Quote Originally Posted by Swagmander View Post
    Quick question: is there a Trainer-Card ranking that is unlocked in Aime?
    as far as I am aware there isn't. i also think that the rewards for the games should be more than those food items. i would like heart scales or something similar.

Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.

I love Pokemon Amie! It kind of makes you feel closer to your Pokemon and it helps in battle too the higher amount of affection hearts your Pokemon have, not to mention some Pokemon are uber adorable in there :3
    3DS Friend Code: 4485-0505-7418 (pm/vm me if you add me so i can add you back) ^^
    Friend Safari: Water with Panpour, Poliwhirl and Wartortle

I have discovered for myself the quickest way to get those hearts to fill up fast.

I have realize i am really good at berry picker, so I play unlimited all the time. My record is 137 berries so i try to get over 100 berries to get the two special pokepuffs. The pokemon's fullness goes down so quick from playing one game so fast. So the more i play the more i feed them the best pokepuffs and they get many hearts.

Also pet them before u play again. Keep petting them till u see a music note instead of hearts. Then go play again but make sure u feed them more too. I find this to be more quicker.
    ~Credits to SwornMetalhead for the Banner~

Quote Originally Posted by Pamizard View Post
    I have discovered for myself the quickest way to get those hearts to fill up fast.

I have realize i am really good at berry picker, so I play unlimited all the time. My record is 137 berries so i try to get over 100 berries to get the two special pokepuffs. The pokemon's fullness goes down so quick from playing one game so fast. So the more i play the more i feed them the best pokepuffs and they get many hearts.

Also pet them before u play again. Keep petting them till u see a music note instead of hearts. Then go play again but make sure u feed them more too. I find this to be more quicker.
    This is what I do as well, although I suck at Berry Picker and master the Head one instead.

But yeah, feed (best Puffs recommended for quicker affection raise) until they're full, pet until a note appears, then play. Repeat.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

My love for Pumpkaboo came out in Pokemon Amie. I just love seeing its reactions when I play that little face-recognition-face-copying game with it.
    Avalugg can be a cutie was well, but I really want to pet the top of its head, which causes my hand to freeze.
    I love Greninja's reaction towards petting it in dislikable places. Got the best (positive) reactions from friends who don't like the new gens when I showed them.

How do you high-five your mons? Since I never came across an opportunity to, I always made the assumption that it was a feature that it was taken out or something...

The Pokemon-amie feature is actually quite charming. I was inititally a tad skeptical about it because it's very easy for me to draw comparisons to KH3D's Spirit "training", but PA has too many little quirks (possible self-torture, heh) that make it a ton more enjoyable in the end.

Don't pet sharp things, it'll hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverevilchao View Post
    How do you high-five your mons? Since I never came across an opportunity to, I always made the assumption that it was a feature that it was taken out or something...
    Just hold the cursor on the screen for a few seconds without touching your Pokemon after boosting its affection to one heart. If they respond, then tap their hand/paw or head once they start moving it.

The majority of Pokemon can't do this. Only specific species can do it, and they're not always ones you'd expect, either.

Ones I'm aware of are:

Hydreigon
    Axew
    Dratini
    Swablu line
    Eevee line
    Pikachu
    The first stages of the 6th gen starters
    Ekans
    Ninetales
    Riolu
    Tyrunt

Pikachu and Riolu makes sense, but the others don't. Why would the majority of Pokemon not be able to high-five the player? Furthermore, why can't human-like, bipedal, or even a few more quadrupeds high-five their trainer?

Poor Hydreigon head-arms; they have to smash their face into someone's hand for a high-five XD

Hydreigon actually uses its main head for a high-five.

I presume this is mostly because the "begging" animation Pokemon use if you tease them with a Pokepuff is the same one they use for a high-five or vice-versa. Hydreigon is an example of the former, as it snapping you at you angrily is more appropriate for being teased then asking for a high-five.

Probably ones that are baby/small forms and has arms to high five you with.
    Togepi can do it. Not sure about Togetic. Togekiss just stares at the cursor as most do. I believe Azurill can do it as well.

There are some things that might seem really odd and a bit intimidating. I tried playing with my Tyranitar in Amie. It's huge and takes up both the top and bottom screens that you have to use the cursor to scroll around, as well as it doesn't really have a smiling face. It takes big chomp bites when feeding it cakes, so you get the feeling it can chomp your arm off and that you do not want to make it angry xD.

Most "uncute" fully evolved Pokemon are really stoic, but you can usually at least get a smile out of them still if you play the face imitation game with them.

I get the impression someone realized that Hydreigon is kind of cute looking in an odd sort of way, which is why they opted to emphasize it with its behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuneko View Post
    Probably ones that are baby/small forms and has arms to high five you with.
    Togepi can do it. Not sure about Togetic. Togekiss just stares at the cursor as most do. I believe Azurill can do it as well.

There are some things that might seem really odd and a bit intimidating. I tried playing with my Tyranitar in Amie. It's huge and takes up both the top and bottom screens that you have to use the cursor to scroll around, as well as it doesn't really have a smiling face. It takes big chomp bites when feeding it cakes, so you get the feeling it can chomp your arm off and that you do not want to make it angry xD.
    I felt the same about Gyarados. And...it doesn't close its mouth either so you're mostly petting that. Please just eat the Pokepuff and not my poor little cursor, thanks. o_o
    It's pretty funny though when you register it's face. 8D

And Scizor...just seems bothered. It closes its eyes while you're petting it, but then it goes back to looking kind of...angry. :v
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Just hold the cursor on the screen for a few seconds without touching your Pokemon after boosting its affection to one heart. If they respond, then tap their hand/paw or head once they start moving it.

The majority of Pokemon can't do this. Only specific species can do it, and they're not always ones you'd expect, either.

Ones I'm aware of are:

Hydreigon
    Axew
    Dratini
    Swablu line
    Eevee line
    Pikachu
    The first stages of the 6th gen starters
    Ekans
    Ninetales
    Riolu
    Tyrunt
    Meowstics give high-fives! Goomys high five with their head, etc. There's definitely a couple that do things like that. If you hold the cursor in one place away from the pokemon for second they'll usually move their arm/head/whatever and then you can move towards it.

POKEMON Y FC: 0430-8561-6110

Anyone here played with Zygarde ? I lolled so hard when I tried to high-five him xD
    I'm really excited to see the rest of the starters in poke-amie ^^
    3ds friend code: 0989 - 1816 - 0688

Read this.

Hm I always knew Garchomp is basically some kind of combination of a land-shark....BUT THEM TEETH MAN. XD
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

I'm confused as to why Tyrantrum doesn't take up both screens in Pokemon Amie despite being considerably taller then Tyranitar and Snorlax.

Quote Originally Posted by espurring View Post
    Meowstics give high-fives! Goomys high five with their head, etc. There's definitely a couple that do things like that. If you hold the cursor in one place away from the pokemon for second they'll usually move their arm/head/whatever and then you can move towards it.
    I was rather disappointed that Goodra is incapable of doing a high-five when both of its pre-evos are able to. Maybe it has to do with the fact that it doesn't like having its hands touched for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    I'm confused as to why Tyrantrum doesn't take up both screens in Pokemon Amie despite being considerably taller then Tyranitar and Snorlax.
    Oh, this game isn't nice with heights. Have you seen Mantyne and Wailord in battle? Put them next to Blaziken and you'll think the fiery kicking chicken grew up or the fishes became smaller to be ridden on. At least the console games went the extra mile by really putting sizes (approximately).

Silly question- Can you feed Hydreigon's other heads? xD

Starting Pokémon Amie, and Banette is adorable with it's little giggle after petting it ^.^
    Proud owner of the Master League~

Userbar and badge made by broomstig.
    Claimed Reuniclus
    Ask.fm/DeviantArt

Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast