Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon-amie Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BlackwingMarauder View Post
    Silly question- Can you feed Hydreigon's other heads? xD

Starting Pokémon Amie, and Banette is adorable with it's little giggle after petting it ^.^
    When you put a poke-puff in front of the main head, all three of them will attack it! It's pretty funny to watch. ;D
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

I just got done being presented with two Supreme Honor Poke Puffs in a row, having never seen them before. The main site says you get them after beating the Elite 4, and it's true that I did just beat them, but I didn't get any special Puffs the first time I beat them. It also says you get other Supreme Puffs for winning a mini-game with five stars. I had thought the special Puffs I've been getting were just Deluxe Puffs, hmm. The Supreme Honor ones didn't resemble the five star ones.

Ah well. I'm sure my Pokémon won't have any complaints! ^_^

(Still wish they could actually see my face, though...)

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

Quote Originally Posted by Rio! View Post
    When you put a poke-puff in front of the main head, all three of them will attack it! It's pretty funny to watch. ;D
    lmao!!! even though hydreigons my favorite poke, this I gotta see....
    btw florges looks cute after petting it. she does a little giggle while covering her mouth ^,^
    but... greninja looks awkward while standing tall
    Last edited by ghost_dog97; 7th November 2013 at 6:25 AM.

Has anyone figured out if a befriending O-Power has any effect on Pokemon Amie?
    Fact: All fanbases are unpleasable, deal with it.

Pokemon Red Team: Corona LV.53 Garland LV.44 Salt LV.47 Rime LV.48 Blitz LV.55 Buckle LV. 46 Badges: 8, Elite Four defeated.

Pokemon Crystal Team: Flower LV.62 Torrent LV.61 Echo LV.58 Shade LV. 57 Vortex LV.60 Brand LV. 60Badges: 16, Elite Four defeated, Red defeated

Ranked 5,823rd place in the VGC 2011 Autumn Friendly Tourney

I noticed that some Pokemon get extra ticked-off if you drop a Poke Puff on the ground while they're hungry.

Predictably, one of them is Hydreigon, who normally just looks mildly annoyed about it, but do it while its fullness is low and it'll express its discontent by roaring at the sky with all three of its heads.

What disappoint me is that the 3ds can't recognize your face in Pokémon-Aime well. (I completed the face thing only one time and it gave me loads of hearts and music notes)
    Credit goes to kyogreblue3 for the banner and Fairywitch for the userbar.

I am a bit annoyed with this...

Poke-Amie is fun and all, but there's no easy way to get rid of poke puffs. I have so many normal ones that I can't get rid of I can't get any more from games, and if I throw them, the pokemon gets ticked.

Your Pokemon getting mad at you doesn't seem to have any negative effect on them.

Even if it does, they won't get mad if you drop Poke Puffs on the ground while they're full.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Your Pokemon getting mad at you doesn't seem to have any negative effect on them.

Even if it does, they won't get mad if you drop Poke Puffs on the ground while they're full.
    *Sniff*

Such devotion to the people who deprived them from their freedom...

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    *Sniff*

Such devotion to the people who deprived them from their freedom...
    Classic case of Stockholm syndrome. But with Pokémon-Amie, you can at least say hi to your captive every once in a while when not abusing them by riding the roller skates

Can't be arsed to read through every single post to see if it has been said already or not, but did you guys know that if you go to "Play" when the Pokémon's Fullness and Enjoyment are both 4 or higher, that it will be sleeping soundly until you wake it up yourself? Some of them are pretty adorable, especially quadrupeds. x3

Edit: No need to be dodgy just because I don't have a huge post count, I'm still a fellow huge Pokémon fan. ^^'
    Last edited by Aerius_Sygale; 10th November 2013 at 7:05 AM. Reason: Anti-sociality

I feel obligated to mention that I've had a ton of fun playing with my Charizard - it took very little time to get its Affection maxed out, maybe since I started playing with it when it was a Charmeleon. I especially love when it peeks into the camera when you first begin playing with it. Should probably take some time to play with a few of my other Pokemon, but most of them can't measure up to Charizard in terms of cuteness. (Plus Greninja is, uh...kind of scary.)

Oh, and for what it's worth, I had trouble with the face recognition too at first, but if I go into the bathroom (the only room in my house with moderately bright lighting), I have much less of an issue. Usually the worst parts are the open-mouthed ones - I have to tilt my head around a bit before it recognizes that my mouth is really open, and it's even more difficult when I have to tilt my head to the left or right. Winking is also a little touchy, but otherwise the other expressions usually work fine when I'm in the bright lighting.
    Off exploring Hoenn again

Stupid question, but my curiosity was peaked last night.
    I had no exp buff on, and the pokemon i was using was one i had origionally caught and trained myself.
    Its got 3 hearts of affection, and no lucky egg equipped.. (The fairy eevee btw)

When i put it into battle and then switch it out for a different pokemon, it gains boosted exp!!!!!
    Is this part of pokemon amie, or some little trick we all missed???
    Friend code for pokemon X version-2062-9195-3159
    Safari Type: Ghost.......... ( apparently )
    Found in said safari: shuppet, phantump and driftblim...... ( wonder if anyone got something different )
    Please add me, and send me your friend code via message and i shall add you
    VS recording: single battle, oops i only took 3 pokemon!!!! Code:s8wg-wwww-wwwx-mtbh (all caps lock apparently)
    Please watch and have a laugh at my very silly mistake!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hazmiter View Post
    When i put it into battle and then switch it out for a different pokemon, it gains boosted exp!!!!!
    Is this part of pokemon amie, or some little trick we all missed???
    No, you just missed this yourself.

It's been known for a long time that a Pokemon with enough affection gets an approximately 20% boost in EXP gain.

Well its the first ive seen of it and its the only pokemon i have with that lv of affection
    So yes i missed that, but thankyou for that as it will help with training my new team
    Found in said safari: shuppet, phantump and driftblim...... ( wonder if anyone got something different )
    VS recording: single battle, oops i only took 3 pokemon!!!! Code:s8wg-wwww-wwwx-mtbh (all caps lock apparently)

Quote Originally Posted by Mi-tan View Post
    I feel obligated to mention that I've had a ton of fun playing with my Charizard - it took very little time to get its Affection maxed out, maybe since I started playing with it when it was a Charmeleon. I especially love when it peeks into the camera when you first begin playing with it. Should probably take some time to play with a few of my other Pokemon, but most of them can't measure up to Charizard in terms of cuteness. (Plus Greninja is, uh...kind of scary.)

Oh, and for what it's worth, I had trouble with the face recognition too at first, but if I go into the bathroom (the only room in my house with moderately bright lighting), I have much less of an issue. Usually the worst parts are the open-mouthed ones - I have to tilt my head around a bit before it recognizes that my mouth is really open, and it's even more difficult when I have to tilt my head to the left or right. Winking is also a little touchy, but otherwise the other expressions usually work fine when I'm in the bright lighting.
    Do you have a specific way or suggestion you have when going about the winking/widened eyes bit? I always almost get through the mini-game...until one of these show up. XD

Art belongs to me

I found 15 supreme honor poke puffs in 3 minutes. Hopefully my Sylveon feels special.

Thank You Skarm For The AMAZING Banner
    Black 2 FC: 4771-5403-4398
    Pokemon X FC: 2578-3455-1078
    Friend Safari: Water, Pokemon are Krabby, Gyrados and Azumarill

Quote Originally Posted by Rio! View Post
    Do you have a specific way or suggestion you have when going about the winking/widened eyes bit? I always almost get through the mini-game...until one of these show up. XD
    For winking, it's mostly a matter of trial and error (I'm still not sure exactly what I do right/wrong most of the time). I try to scrunch up my eye as much as possible when it's closed, and if it's not recognized, I keep doing the same action until it's finally acknowledged. Sometimes I have to vary my expression - straighten out my mouth or even kind of smile. For widened eyes, I'm not really sure. I've personally never had much of a problem with that one, but it might be because my eyes naturally look kind of wide anyway. Maybe tilting your head slightly up or down would help? At times I have to adjust my head position even when the head icon is at the bottom left of the screen, and other times the icon vanishes when I move my head even slightly. I do hope I helped a bit!

Oh and also, I noticed the boosted EXP too but didn't think to ask...I almost wondered if it was because I got Charizard from Sycamore or something, but then it started surviving powerful moves and waiting for my instructions and I figured it was probably because of Amie. xD
    Off exploring Hoenn again

For winking, it's mostly a matter of trial and error (I'm still not sure exactly what I do right/wrong most of the time). I try to scrunch up my eye as much as possible when it's closed, and if it's not recognized, I keep doing the same action until it's finally acknowledged. Sometimes I have to vary my expression - straighten out my mouth or even kind of smile. For widened eyes, I'm not really sure. I've personally never had much of a problem with that one, but it might be because my eyes naturally look kind of wide anyway. Maybe tilting your head slightly up or down would help? At times I have to adjust my head position even when the head icon is at the bottom left of the screen, and other times the icon vanishes when I move my head even slightly. I do hope I helped a bit!

Oh and also, I noticed the boosted EXP too but didn't think to ask...I almost wondered if it was because I got Charizard from Sycamore or something, but then it started surviving powerful moves and waiting for my instructions and I figured it was probably because of Amie. xD
    Thanks! I might have to try the head-tilting action. I have yet to complete a round since one of these actions keep showing up, and I can't quite do anything for it. XD

Art belongs to me

Ive noticed that too, its like after reaching a certain point they recieve a passive buff.
    The damage they deal is boosted by a small bit too

Quote Originally Posted by Hazmiter View Post
    Ive noticed that too, its like after reaching a certain point they recieve a passive buff.
    The damage they deal is boosted by a small bit too
    I've also noticed that sometimes:
    --they will get a critical hit
    --they will dodge an attack
    --they will recover from a status problem ("Froakie didn't want to worry Andrea, so it fought off the paralysis" or something like that)

You can tell when it's due to Amie because a little heart will float above their head when it happens.
    3DS Friend Code: 5129-1435-1920 (Andrea)
    Pokémon X Trainer Name: Andrea
    Native Vivillon Pattern: High Plains
    Feel free to PM/VM if you'd like to trade Vivillon patterns (accepting all).
    Please do not add me for Friend Safari as I'm focused on completing the storyline.

They heal themselves through SHEER LOVE AND WILLPOWER. THAT IS EPIC!

Dammit, I've been practically dead. Too busy fighting demons and shadows.......* points evoker at head*....... back to work...* fires*

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Is it just me, or are some of the areas they like to get rubbed a bit...awkward? Huh, and gamers call -Khajiit- unpredictable... xD To say something more useful, while petting raises affection, it ironically will lower their current "Enjoyment" level. :P
    3DS Friend Code: 0344 - 9488 - 0748 (Eric) Friend Safari Type: Normal. Pokémon: Dunsparce, Mincinno, Smeargle.
    Do feel free to add, just let me know so I can add you back! :3

They did mention in a developer interview that they thought it would be boring if all of the Pokemon had predictable reactions to being touched in certain places.

Things like Hydreigon liking to be pet on its center head and Flygon getting ticked off if you touch its eye shields were predictable to me.

Noibat/Noivern getting upset if you touch their face or mane and Gabite/Garchomp liking their claws touched, not so much.

Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast