Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon-amie Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Zorupix View Post
    So far. my favorite Pokemon on the Amie are Delphox and Absol. Both are very happy to see me and they make the cutest faces ^.^ And I like both of their cries.
    Lol, Pokémon Amie is what made me love Absol. Before Pokémon X/Y I never used Absol before. But it looks so cute in Amie. Damnit game, why must you make it look so cute *can't resist*

Quote Originally Posted by Kotara View Post
    Maybe this has been answered before, but i couldn't find it: Does this mean that storing pokémon in the bank doesn't reduce affection (the pokémon amie type) either? The game says "friends forever" when i hit 5 hearts so that bodes well, but i'm afraid to try it myself :P
    I've had Pokémon with maxed out affection in the bank, and they didn't lose any hearts when I took them back in my party.

Hi all, to those wondering, if you want to get the full 5 stars in the tile puzzle on pokemon amie, you need to complete 17 total puzzle, the score I attained after that was 7320 (something like that), do note, speed and familiarity is key, as you progress, your score increases, but the time added on after completion decreases (puzzle 18 as of now I had 18 seconds to complete it from the start)

AZ
    Friend Safari Type: Normal .Pokemon: Minccino, Lillipup, Chansey PM me if you want to exchange. MY FC 4682-8894-0134
    The Imposter- I'm clearly the original can't you tell?
    *New* The Infiltrator- All your base and spirits are belong to us...!!
    Dream World so far- 6th Gen story coming soon....

AZ

Ditto is a lot of fun playing with in Amie. He makes really cute reactions to being pet. ^^ The only downside is that your hand goes really slow...

a very important video - tumblr
    - i've claimed that idiot chosen and tales of the abyss

It took me almost three weeks, but I finally decided to try out the Pokémon-Amie feature. After less than a week I'd maxed out my team's affections, and noticed that its in-battle effects stack PvE battles in the player's favor. Amie adds crit chance, dodge chance, a chance to survive a KO blow, and even augments EXP gains! It's no wonder the Maison and WiFi battles disable them, they're MASSIVELY overpowered!

Also, the little additions to the in-battle dialogues make me feel more connected to my Pokémon than ever before! They read my mind and dodge attacks, they're in-tune with my wishes and score critical hits more often, they're curious about what's in my bag, they look to me for advice and reassurance, they get sad or scared when they get hurt, they're grateful when I heal them, and so much more! And it's all because I crammed fattening pastries down their throats, tirelessly played with them in sanity-eroding minigames, and rubbed them on parts of their bodies that I felt were grossly inappropriate to touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin of Arceus View Post
    It took me almost three weeks, but I finally decided to try out the Pokémon-Amie feature. After less than a week I'd maxed out my team's affections, and noticed that its in-battle effects stack PvE battles in the player's favor. Amie adds crit chance, dodge chance, a chance to survive a KO blow, and even augments EXP gains! It's no wonder the Maison and WiFi battles disable them, they're MASSIVELY overpowered!

Also, the little additions to the in-battle dialogues make me feel more connected to my Pokémon than ever before! They read my mind and dodge attacks, they're in-tune with my wishes and score critical hits more often, they're curious about what's in my bag, they look to me for advice and reassurance, they get sad or scared when they get hurt, they're grateful when I heal them, and so much more! And it's all because I crammed fattening pastries down their throats, tirelessly played with them in sanity-eroding minigames, and rubbed them on parts of their bodies that I felt were grossly inappropriate to touch.
    Lol, it sure is overpowered. However, it has proven to be invaluable in-game. Seriously, I don't know how many times I've been saved by Pokemon Amie due to its evasion and critical hit boosts. And regarding experience gains? Given that we also have Exp. Share as a Key Item too, there's no excuse to raise just six pokemon on our teams anymore. I still don't understand why the pokemon are curious about our bags, but whatever. Btw, don't forget to mention that you can pet your pokemon right after a battle (though you need to be quick!).

Oh, and speaking of inappropriate touching (I feel weird by saying that), has anyone deliberately tried to make their pokemon miserable to see if it boosts the power of Frustration? I'd imagine it'd be easier now...
    3DS FC: 4785-5487-9205

did anyone else figure this out yet? if your pokemon is at max affection and it kills a pokemon if you keep your ds stick on the screen you'll pet your pokemon in battle.
    Fire red team
    Emerald team
    Platinum team
    HG team
    Black 2 team
    Pokemon X Team

3DS FC: 3153-4454-8518

pokedex: complete -

Quote Originally Posted by mew 2000 View Post
    did anyone else figure this out yet? if your pokemon is at max affection and it kills a pokemon if you keep your ds stick on the screen you'll pet your pokemon in battle.
    I think it was posted on the Pokemon Amie tab on the main page once.

a very important video - tumblr
    - i've claimed that idiot chosen and tales of the abyss

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin of Arceus View Post
    They read my mind and dodge attacks, they're in-tune with my wishes and score critical hits more often, they're curious about what's in my bag, they look to me for advice and reassurance, they get sad or scared when they get hurt, they're grateful when I heal them, and so much more! And it's all because I crammed fattening pastries down their throats, tirelessly played with them in sanity-eroding minigames, and rubbed them on parts of their bodies that I felt were grossly inappropriate to touch.
    This comment wins. xD Yep, Pokémon are indeed "mysterious creatures". XP
    3DS Friend Code: 0344 - 9488 - 0748 (Eric) Friend Safari Type: Normal. Pokémon: Dunsparce, Mincinno, Smeargle.
    Do feel free to add, just let me know so I can add you back! :3

I still don't understand why the pokemon are curious about our bags, but whatever.
    They aren't just regular old bags. These are bags that can store hundreds of Poke Balls of different kinds, all those revives and potions and full restores, berries of all shapes and kinds (without getting the squashed), underneath a pile of stones, pastries and a portable bicycle.

No wonder they're curious.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

Other Fics
    Unfortunately Blue | Notice: Keep Out | Turnabout Assumptions
    Song Parodies | Snapshots | Fairy Tale (new!)

Check out this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut? Check the forums too!
    Current article: From RSE to ORAS - Top Ten Wanted Improvements!
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

I'm a little disappointed by the fact that a lot of Pokemon can't even do a proper head tilt, and they just kind of look to the side instead.

It seems like all of the Pokemon that are willing to high-five can do it properly, though. I couldn't help but laugh the first time I made Hydreigon do it, because it immediately brought to mind a certain amusing scene from PMD: Gates to Infinity.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    I'm a little disappointed by the fact that a lot of Pokemon can't even do a proper head tilt, and they just kind of look to the side instead.
    Well, at least they're trying, right? On that note, Swablu's head tilting is adorable. Might be because of the shiny coloring, but the little cotton bird is so cute.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Dunsparce!

I'm a little dissapointed that Happiness and Affection are completely different things. You would think that by maxing your Pokemon's affection that you would be able to evolve Pokemon that require happiness. Evidently, not the case.
    Friend Code: 3282-1808-1238
    Pokemon in my Safari: Mienfoo, Sawk, Hariyama
    HA Pokemon I have: Eevee, Fletchling, Froakie, Poochyena, Goomy, Mienfoo, Snorunt, Petilil, Shroomish, Torchic, Charmander, Fennekin, Helioptile, Gible, Bulbasaur, Emolga, Squirtle
    HA Pokemon I am looking for: Nidoran (f), Mawile, Ralts, Espurr (m), Zangoose, Smeargle, Vulpix, Abra, Dratini, Litleo, Spritzee, Swirlix, Shinx, Budew, Buizel, Lilipup, Minccino
    Currently Breeding: HA Eevee, min 4 Perfect IVs currently, 5 max. Still working on getting one that has all 6 stats perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post

It seems like all of the Pokemon that are willing to high-five can do it properly, though. I couldn't help but laugh the first time I made Hydreigon do it, because it immediately brought to mind a certain amusing scene from PMD: Gates to Infinity.
    Hydreigon is something else, aww. I felt bad though i was unable to complete its facial mini-game. She looked so sad. :c

I don't know if it's just the shape of Aggron's mouth *partly* but he always appears to be grinning.
    I was kind of surprised by the fact he appears to like his horns being petted. ;o
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

The other night I played with some more Pokemon from my boxes (let's see if I can remember which ones I tried xD).

Scyther was interesting because it seemed to like its scythes being pet. I don't have any idea how I didn't cut my hands off doing it, though. It actually looked a lot less scary than I'd have expected, too - more serious and stately than anything else.
    Psyduck was...meh. Its happy animation ends in it leaning to one side and putting both hands to its head anime-style, but it wasn't too interesting to play with all in all. (Note that I just pet and fed these Pokemon and didn't do the face game with them.) It seemed sad when I tried petting the little black hairs on its head.
    Electrike really disliked me petting its muzzle, glaring at me right away. To be honest it was kind of frightening. Otherwise it acted very similar to Eevee, jumping around happily when it was fed Pokepuffs.
    Mienfoo, as far as I recall, gave me a death glare as soon as I touched its hands. (I might be confusing it with another Pokemon though.) It was quite cute otherwise, but its main pose seems odd, kind of like the stereotypical zombie pose. I wish the poor thing could hold its arms by its sides. xD
    Bidoof was actually really adorable. It made the cutest sound when happy after getting a Pokepuff or whatever. It also didn't like me touching its teeth and gave me a really sad look about it.
    That Swirlix thing was kind of weird, though its happy animation involves it jumping in the air and floating a bit on the way down, which was cute. Kadabra was rather meh as well, but I can't recall any details there.
    I'll be honest and say that I never liked Foongus, but when I played with it, I was pretty impressed. xD It seemed really thrilled about it all and it took ten bites to eat a Pokepuff, which made me feed it twice just to count and admire the cuteness.
    Pidgey unnerved me a bit, because it seemed to like generally all my petting, but at one point apparently got mad about something and fluttered its wings at me. I didn't do too much with it after that. xD
    Vulpix was quite cute, and only liked the lower part of its tails being pet, not the ends. It really does have the prettiest eyes....
    Naturally Espurr didn't make any expression until I pet something it didn't like. Cute, but at the same time, kinda weird.
    Inkay was happy and liked having its little head-thing-with-the-glowing-lights petted. It didn't like that white "crown" part being pet though.

And yeah, I think that's about it. My favorite was probably Bidoof, surprisingly enough. Nobody's cuter than my Charizard staring solemnly at me upside-down, though
    Trying to fill my X Pokedex! Please PM me for my Friend Code if you'd like.
    My Friend Safari is Ghost with Shuppet, Pumpkaboo, and Spiritomb.

I was raising some new Pokemon and exploring some areas that I had missed before and while battling a trainer my Pokemon defeated their Pokemon and a giant hand came down and patted my Pokemon's head and some hearts appeared like with Amie. At first I was going to ask about it but after checking the Amie page it said that you can pet your Pokemon after they defeat an opponent so I guess that's what happened? I must have accidentally pressed the touch screen but the funny thing is her affection isn't maxed out. Either way that's a really cool feature that I never noticed before.
    Mom's Words of Wisdom: "Just try touching the buttons, you'll know what to do in no time." - HG/SS

How does Aegislash eat without a mouth? It just... Absorbs the puffs into its shield.
    We all make mistakes, but the biggest one we can make is not learning from them.

On that note, does it or its related forms even NEED to eat stuff?? Its a sentient sword! maybe they are soul-flavored...
    Last edited by Trot Away; 19th November 2013 at 12:00 AM.
    A house where the cat and dog are away is a sad house indeed!
    3DS FC: 4227 - 0729 - 3560

So, PASBL? That's a thing! My ASB Profile

I find it odd that only the middle stages of the various early route Bug types and Shedinja are incapable of eating.

I would've expected Pokemon like Magnemite, Golett, and Honedge to be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Rio! View Post
    Hydreigon is something else, aww. I felt bad though i was unable to complete its facial mini-game. She looked so sad. :c
    If there's one thing I like about Hydreigon, it's how expressive it is compared to a lot of other Pokemon.

It really looks like it could use a hug when it makes a sad face...
    Last edited by Rakurai; 19th November 2013 at 12:36 AM.

Weeks after discovering the fact, I am still laughing about the fact that Mewtwo likes tummy rubs.

He's a total troll, though. I don't know if the problem is my squinty face not picking up properly in the camera, but he does horrible things to me with the face game. Like, He'll blink repeatedly, so I can't see if he's blinking. OR tell me to open my eyes really wide. My eyes don't open really wide, forget you, genetics! I have like, Brock face. It goes much better if I Amie with other Pokemon; it's like he's hardwired to be a jerk to me. Still loves me, though.

Being told that Mewtwo looks like he's going to cry is hilarious, too.

I've also noticed that my greninja does NOT like having his hands touched.

Pokemon-amie. Fun times.

I find it odd that they chose to discriminate even further amongst the Pokemon who can do a high five by giving only some of them a special sleeping animation or an animation for when you get their attention while they're turned away.

Examples of the former that I'm aware of are the Kalos starters and the Growlithe line, while as for the latter, Hydreigon is the only one I've noticed.

I know Axew also does a special animation for when it's turned away, at this point I'd guess that all of the base form Starters and popular base form Pokémon like Meowth will have it.

A new region awaits us, soon we shall uncover and unlock everything it has to offer...

Darn. It looks like maxing out a Pokémon's affection in Amie isn't the same as maxing out the bond with you and your Pokémon. Tried to teach Noivern Draco Meteor, but the guy said our bond wasn't strong enough. Had to go massage Noivern and give her a soothe bell and use a few Befriending Powers before I could finally teach her Draco Meteor
    "[People who play RPGs are] depressed gamers who like to sit alone in their dark rooms and play slow games"
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

Please help. I have no idea how to wake up my beldam. He sleeps and then goes straight back into his pokeball. It's driving me mad!
    FC: 2552 1706 4453

Quote Originally Posted by Leo1987 View Post
    Please help. I have no idea how to wake up my beldam. He sleeps and then goes straight back into his pokeball. It's driving me mad!
    There are two things you can do. One: If its fainted, heal it. Two: tap it with your stylus a few times.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-4249-2325
    PM me if you add me for X and Y so I can add you too! I apparently give Sandile, Nuzleaf, and Liepard in the Friend Safari.

Just poke it to wake it up.

It'll stop dozing off after you do so a couple of times.

Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast