Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon-amie Thread

Pokemon-Amie is by far my favorite addition to gen 6. I like spending time with my Pokemon as opposed to battling, and it's really nice to finally be able to play with them. And the little quirks some Pokemon have (i. e. Slugma) are fantastic. :3
    Currently hunting: Shiny Houndour
    Shinies found:
    > >> >
    1478-4248-0366 || My safari is water:

[IMG]http://i44.*******.com/29cqqlj.png[/IMG]
    Credit to Astral Shadow. :3

Wow, it's been awhile since I've been on this site.
    Anyways, Pokemon Amie is a really great thing. I'm still sad that none of my Pokemon so far besides Froakie tried to high-five me. Going to breed Forrest (My Trevenent) and Jacquetta (My Gourgiest) together to get another Pumpkaboo. S'a cute lil' thing.
    So, overall, what're all the Pokemon we've found so far that can High-Five? I know someone posted a good list, but I should think there's more than that, considering the 700+ Pokemon there are now. Then again, there's quite a few that we can't obtain yet, since Pokemon Bank still isn't open.
    I'm also sad I can't gain access to some of the other Ghost-types, like Duskull, Misdreavus, Froslass, and Yamask. I'd like to see how they'd work.
    Last edited by Serrix; 2nd December 2013 at 6:24 PM.

Played with my Mewtwo for a while yesterday and he's now at 2 hearts. His "happy" cry is really awkward - just sounds like a cut-off version of his normal cry without any real editing. xD

Also, it took me FOREVER but I've finally got the hang of Head-It! It's by far the most addicting of the minigames, with the puzzle in second place (albeit frustrating with smaller pieces) and the berry picking a very distant third.
    Off exploring Hoenn again

Okay! I don't know if anyone has noticed this but it's worth a try! I did this with my Togepi. Place and hold the stylus away from the Pokemon, and the hand should make a "pinching" form. Shortly after, the pokemon should notice and try to move towards it (in my case, Togepi tried to reach for the hand). If you let the Pokemon touch the hand, you can actually high-five your pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by Migetman3214 View Post
    Okay! I don't know if anyone has noticed this but it's worth a try! I did this with my Togepi. Place and hold the stylus away from the Pokemon, and the hand should make a "pinching" form. Shortly after, the pokemon should notice and try to move towards it (in my case, Togepi tried to reach for the hand). If you let the Pokemon touch the hand, you can actually high-five your pokemon!
    Too late, newbie.

I sang to a pokemon and I know pikachu will sing back, but I've been trying to see what pokemon react to singing...

Also, I love Shedinja... my boyfriend has one and he pets it. The noise Shedinja makes is so cute with that expressionless husk of a face.

Also, I made it a funny game to throw pokepuffs really high up or really far off of the screen. The pokemon watch them as they fly off or drop to the ground and then when the puff lands, they either get really angry if they were still hungry, or they just have a question mark above their heads if they're full. Hahahahah

I got Pancham to high five me before evolving into Pangoro. Some pokemon do high five, I have only gotten a few. I love how Sableye sorta wiggles with laughter after petting or feeding. He really looks like he's cackling madly...
    K A Y L A F 0 X

Check out my Twitch channel for Pokemon viewer battles and giveaways!
    FRIEND CODE FOR POKEYMANS Y:
    0533-5474-8240
    Friend Safari: Rock! With Pupitar, Barbaracle, and Dwebble!
    PASBL

Quote Originally Posted by Mi-tan View Post
    Played with my Mewtwo for a while yesterday and he's now at 2 hearts. His "happy" cry is really awkward - just sounds like a cut-off version of his normal cry without any real editing. xD

Also, it took me FOREVER but I've finally got the hang of Head-It! It's by far the most addicting of the minigames, with the puzzle in second place (albeit frustrating with smaller pieces) and the berry picking a very distant third.
    Head it is extremely easy and super fun!

It's what made me fall in love with Gourgeist. Dat twirl and its face just remind me of old school cartoons ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Rotom Router View Post
    It's what made me fall in love with Gourgeist. Dat twirl and its face just remind me of old school cartoons ^^
    Gourgiest <3
    I pretty much like all the Ghost-types. Makes me sorta sad that most of them don't have rather unique animations as has been discussed before. Trevenent is rather stiff.

Quote Originally Posted by Serrix View Post
    Gourgiest <3
    I pretty much like all the Ghost-types. Makes me sorta sad that most of them don't have rather unique animations as has been discussed before. Trevenent is rather stiff.
    I like how gengar licked his lips after he ate his poke puffs xD made me lol a little

and regards with mewtwo.. man he only likes being pet on his hands. I find that... creepy... in a way xD
    ~Credits to SwornMetalhead for the Banner~

Quote Originally Posted by ShiningStarr View Post
    Head it is extremely easy and super fun!
    It's definitely lots of fun! I try to get as many Fevers as possible just so I can hear the music change keys - somehow that feels so rewarding. I'm glad I stuck with it and managed to figure out most of the timing, since the other games are either too repetitive or too stressful for me (I get way too anxious doing the berry picking). xD

Also, after seeing a gifset on Tumblr with all of the Eeveelutions pawing eagerly at Pokepuffs held out of their reach, I have resolved to try getting as many Eeveelutions as possible. Let's see if I can actually do it, though... :P
    Off exploring Hoenn again

Gengar acts a little silly when you let it idle a bit, or in between actions of feeding and petting it. :P
    Zubat and Crobat are a bit jittery fast constantly moving up and down, flapping their wings (well, mostly Zubat), like won't sit still which might look a bit odd when petting them. At least Zubat can smile, even though it doesn't have eyes.
    Last edited by Kitsuneko; 3rd December 2013 at 7:05 AM.

oh i just noticed today, its hard to feed klefki to max affection, since when i try to pet it, it doesn't seem to give me any reaction
    Last edited by SerenaForTheWin; 3rd December 2013 at 10:17 AM.

my klefki liked to be petted along its side ring just above the keys and feeding it is easy just put it to they keyhole ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Allmard View Post
    my klefki liked to be petted along its side ring just above the keys and feeding it is easy just put it to they keyhole ^^
    well good for you, since it was a key so find it myself hard to pet

Laughed and smiled reading some of the above comments of how some Pokemon react - now makes me want to play with all 718 of them - so I can experience them myself.

Furret to me is has become my most favorite of them all to be petted, I didn't think it could get any cuter than what it already was until I played with one.

The only Pokemon that made me kind of sad in Amie was Zangoose, it never seemed to smile, it always looked mad, unless it's ears or head where petted (closed it's eyes and made a smiling face) but after it would go back to that angry-like stare it always does.

Purrloin and Liepard where interesting to me. Discovered that there Purrloin loves it's ear petted but Liepard hates it, and Purrloin hates having it's tail petted but Liepard loved it. I was surprised at that.

At times I do find it funny how some Pokemon react when they get petted where they don't like or when the PokePuff drops on the floor - some get mad, others get annoyed, and some get sad. All those little details sure make Amie very addicting.

My only slight disappointment was with the Berry Picker, in Unlimited was a bit too slow, I was hoping that it would move as fast as it does with hard, but moved almost as slow as normal. Head It moves fast most of the times in Unlimited.
    Last edited by LiepardTrainer; 3rd December 2013 at 9:10 PM.
    Watchog's #1 Fan!!
    PokeMustelid & PokeFelines too!

FC: 4871-3995-3493 - Pokemon Y IGN: Maria
    Steel Safari Pokemon: Magneton Skarmory, and Excadrill

So I didn't know I had a poke puff out and had furnitures blocking it.. then I see other people's pokemon...

I did something and now I can't see other people's pokemon, even though the pokepuff is still there, is there anyway I can change it so that other people's Pokemon appear

Challenges completed: LG Grass mono
    Pokemon HGSS roleplaying forum. Referral: Tikikala

FC: 2981 6880 2804
    Flying Safari:

I like Pokemon-amie. I can't seem to get the Pokemon to ask me to mimic them though. Anyone have any suggestions? Am I supposed to do anything to trigger that?

I like Head It a lot, but not so much the berry game. It's hard to complete on harder settings.
    Alpha SapphireL

Quote Originally Posted by SapphireL View Post
    I like Pokemon-amie. I can't seem to get the Pokemon to ask me to mimic them though. Anyone have any suggestions? Am I supposed to do anything to trigger that?
    Your Pokemon will start trying to get you imitate them if you simply make faces at them or tilt your head enough times while the 3DS camera is properly recognizing your face.

Not to sure if this is true or not, but I've heard that the more hearts your pokemon has from playing this increases the accuracy of its moves. Is this in anyway true?

Credits to Snowflake for the userbar

Quote Originally Posted by piplup1036 View Post
    Not to sure if this is true or not, but I've heard that the more hearts your pokemon has from playing this increases the accuracy of its moves. Is this in anyway true?
    yes, its a possible situation since i had done it with my sylveon

I haven't noticed any difference in move accuracy, considering how many times I've missed consecutively using moves like Fire Blast outside of the battling facilities.

I think it only influences your critical hit chance and evasion chance.

Small detail I noticed just today while looking at Absol bouncing left and right in my Amie screen. They actually bothered making 2 different sprites for it to make sure its horn sits on the left side of its head whether its sprite is facing left or right. I really would have expected them to just mirror the sprite and hope no one would notice, but no, they cared enough to put in that extra effort. That's pretty awesome.

Yy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kacho View Post
    So I didn't know I had a poke puff out and had furnitures blocking it.. then I see other people's pokemon...

I did something and now I can't see other people's pokemon, even though the pokepuff is still there, is there anyway I can change it so that other people's Pokemon appear
    Visiting Pokemon will not appear on your screen if a Pokepuff is out with the decorations. Just remove it and they should start reappearing.
    "I know, too, that death is the only god that comes when called." Robert Zelazny

3DS Friend code: 1650-1704-4324
    Safari: Bug type. Masquerain, Ledyba, Pinsir.

Pokemon Trade Offers (5th generation):

*FT: Shiny creation trio (Giratina/Palkia/Dialga), HA Kami Trio, Reshiram and Zekrom.
    *Looking for legitimate legendary or shiny Pokemon.

Animal Crossing Dream Address: 5300-3515-7188

Twitter: @ReallyEmily5
    Believe it or not, I'm a girl.

I have played the Mini games alot now and is wondering, what is your recent high scores in the Mini games?

My highest score in "Head It", is 1299 points in Unlimited level.'
    Highest score in Berry Picker: 167 points, Unlimited.
    Puzzle: currently 2 stars in Unlimited.

It's not much, but would be fun hearing if people think it's easy to get high scores and likes to beat their personal record?

Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast