Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon-amie Thread

Hydreigon can also give you a five... With his middle face.
    KAYLAF0X

Check out my Twitch channel for Pokemon viewer battles and giveaways!
    FRIEND CODE FOR POKEYMANS Y:
    0533-5474-8240
    Friend Safari: Rock! With Pupitar, Barbaracle, and Dwebble!

Be careful of Azurill, it likes its ball being stroked.
    MINE, ALL MINE!

3DS: 1864-8881-2880 Giving away Masquerain, Butterfree and something else useless, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by naudna View Post
    Does anyone know if it will be possible to play the facial recognition game with the regi trio and regigigas? I'm really curious.
    Yes happens a lot with me, all those happy movements can get very distracting, especially the ones that move up down, sort of jumping, like Zigzagoon....it's how I miss the slow ones the most. I always have fun trying.
    Watchog's #1 Fan!!
    PokeMustelid & PokeFelines too!

FC: 4871-3995-3493 - Pokemon Y IGN: Maria
    Steel Safari Pokemon: Magneton Skarmory, and Excadrill

I think it's weird how Goomy and Sliggoo would give me a high five (with their face) but Goodra doesn't.

My overall thoughts on this feature:
    LOVE! I was 'thrilled to bits' when in HGSS you could walk with your lead pokemon and talk to them. This is that * 1,000. When you have the PSS on and other players pokemon in Amie visit and tell stories, it reminds of a coffee shop because they are all sitting around a table eating PokePuffs and telling odd things.
    My favorite interaction is when they appear on the screen upside down.

The in-game benefits are also awesome. It makes my day when my pokemon throw off a status condition or hold out with one HP left. however, sometimes they land critical hits on the pokemon I am trying to catch, and that can be slightly irritating.

Is it possible to raise happiness when doing Amie? I'm trying to evolve eevee into an Espeon and Umbreon, but I need 220 happiness. Will Amie make it work?

Thanks to SickboyRawrs for the banner!

Amie does raise happiness, but not that quickly.

Just stick a Soothe Bell on a Pokemon, use the Befriending O-power, then give it EV reducing berries if you want to max its happiness quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    As expected, Kyurem is absolutely adorable.

It's a shame you can't stroke its jaw without being frozen.
    I must know if it can actually smile.

It seems like most Pokemon can, as Yveltal, Metagross, and Galvantula are the only ones I've noticed who can't (Though at least Yveltal tries).
    Last edited by Rakurai; 3rd January 2014 at 4:30 AM.

Did you guys notice that a small number of pokemon has more animations than other?

I'm sure you noticed that for:
    -Fennekin
    -Braixen
    -Chespin
    -Froakie
    -Pikachu

I've noticed it as well for:
    -Dedenne
    -Squirtle
    -Meowth

Do you guys know any other pokemon with more than one animation? Please let me know.

Victini is so cute in pokemon amie, especially when he is sad.
    image.jpg
    (Edit: sorry for the upside down picture.)
    Last edited by Wyrmeon; 3rd January 2014 at 3:17 PM. Reason: Apology
    Catch a wyrmeon and it will grant your wildest dreams!

Man, some of these Mega Evolutions are impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Edge View Post
    Did you guys notice that a small number of pokemon has more animations than other?

I'm sure you noticed that for:
    -Fennekin
    -Braixen
    -Chespin
    -Froakie
    -Pikachu

I've noticed it as well for:
    -Dedenne
    -Squirtle
    -Meowth

Do you guys know any other pokemon with more than one animation? Please let me know.
    Pretty sure Swablu has an extra animation.

I really want to see how cute Mew is in amie. I always thought Mew was the cutest pokemon of them all =)

So, I was snuggeling up With my Tynamo, named Bzz, and suddenly... ZAP
    He did not like that. Warning: Tynamos body electrocutes you. It's head does not though

Quote Originally Posted by Itsmeofcours View Post
    Be careful of Azurill, it likes its ball being stroked.
    Yeah, some Pokemon have weird places they like to be petted, and it's even stranger when that changes upon evolution. My Pikachu always used to hate it when I tried to touch his tail, but then he evolved to Raichu and suddenly the tail's his favourite place to be petted. Same thing with my Aegislash--when he was a Honedge and Doublade, he did NOT want his arms touched. Now he's an Aegislash and that's his favourite spot. Now he hates it when I try to touch his hilt. Which I can understand, as it implies I'm trying to wield him. Other weird spots: My Hawlucha likes a good bicep rub, and my Zoroark absolutely loves bring rubbed in the crotch. With Bisharp, it's also interesting - he has blades all over his body, so frequently I'll get a bandaged hand when I try to pet him on the torso especially. But his favourite place to be petted is right down the middle of the torso, right in the middle of all those blades. It's like it takes bravery just to pet him. Oh, and it's the same thing on either side of his head, near that big ol' axe in the middle.

And yes, I also find the animations distracting while playing Head It, especially if the Pokemon jumps up and down. Although their head moves, the position where they're supposed to head the yarn ball doesn't. I can't tell you how many yarn balls I've missed because of this.

I have claimed Celestia Ludenberg from Dangan Ronpa. --My Updated RPer profile--

RPG's I'm in now: Gauntlet of the Greek God Guardians (Zuri), Castle of the Vampire King (Bianca and Lilith)
    Current RPG Project: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (Sign-ups) (RPG thread) (Discussion)

Quote Originally Posted by Kanima View Post
    So, I was snuggeling up With my Tynamo, named Bzz, and suddenly... ZAP
    He did not like that. Warning: Tynamos body electrocutes you. It's head does not though
    Kind of reminds me of the time I played with a Mareep, as you might know, its wool is electrified. When i keep getting zapped he always tilts his head and makes a "?" chat cloud. Its as if it was totally clueless that it hurts!
    Forever keeping it clean. Whether everyone else likes it or not!
    3DS FC: 4227 - 0729 - 3560

My ASB Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Kiruria View Post
    Yeah, some Pokemon have weird places they like to be petted, and it's even stranger when that changes upon evolution. My Pikachu always used to hate it when I tried to touch his tail, but then he evolved to Raichu and suddenly the tail's his favourite place to be petted. Same thing with my Aegislash--when he was a Honedge and Doublade, he did NOT want his arms touched. Now he's an Aegislash and that's his favourite spot. Now he hates it when I try to touch his hilt. Which I can understand, as it implies I'm trying to wield him. Other weird spots: My Hawlucha likes a good bicep rub, and my Zoroark absolutely loves bring rubbed in the crotch. With Bisharp, it's also interesting - he has blades all over his body, so frequently I'll get a bandaged hand when I try to pet him on the torso especially. But his favourite place to be petted is right down the middle of the torso, right in the middle of all those blades. It's like it takes bravery just to pet him. Oh, and it's the same thing on either side of his head, near that big ol' axe in the middle.

And yes, I also find the animations distracting while playing Head It, especially if the Pokemon jumps up and down. Although their head moves, the position where they're supposed to head the yarn ball doesn't. I can't tell you how many yarn balls I've missed because of this.
    Your Pikachu hated its tail getting touched? How strange...my Pikachu likes when its tail gets touched.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphina View Post
    I really want to see how cute Mew is in amie. I always thought Mew was the cutest pokemon of them all =)
    Here you go:
    image.jpg

Does where a Pokemon likes getting pet change from one of the same species to another?

Why does a Pokemon sometimes show a musical note instead of hearts? EDIT: Based on this article, it looks like it means they want to play. So then further pre-mini game petting and feeding is useless?

Does a Puff flavor preference depend on Nature, like berries? If so, where do "Mocha", "Citrus", and "Mint" fall in?

Have the effects Amie happiness in battle been proven, including overcoming status conditions, one-hit KOs, etc.? If so, does this apply to any kind of battle, including linked battles with real people?

EDIT: Another question. How do I utilize the camera and mic in Amie so I can make faces at and talk to my Pokemon?
    Last edited by Jeikobu; 4th January 2014 at 7:49 AM.
    "Even to your old age I will be the same, And even to your graying years I will bear you! I have done it, and I will carry you; and I will bear you and I will deliver you." - Isaiah 46:4

;700;

Quote Originally Posted by Jeikobu View Post
    Does where a Pokemon likes getting pet change from one of the same species to another?

No. They won't react positively or negatively to being pet in a certain spot until they have one heart of affection, though.

Why does a Pokemon sometimes show a musical note instead of hearts? EDIT: Based on http://www.gamesradar.com/pokemon-amie-affection-guide-pokemon-x-and-y/]this article, it looks like it means they want to play. So then further pre-mini game petting and feeding is useless?

If a Pokemon displays a music note in a bubble, then it means no amount of petting will raise their affection. Feeding still grants affection as normal, and if you raise their playfulness, then they'll gain hearts from being pet again.

Does a Puff flavor preference depend on Nature, like berries? If so, where do "Mocha", "Citrus", and "Mint" fall in?

There doesn't actually seem to be any flavor preferences in this game, as my Pokemon get the same number of hearts from every type of puff.

Have the effects Amie happiness in battle been proven, including overcoming status conditions, one-hit KOs, etc.? If so, does this apply to any kind of battle, including linked battles with real people?

Yes, but they don't work in battle facilities or in battles against other players.

EDIT: Another question. How do I utilize the camera in Amie so I can make faces at and talk to my Pokemon?

Hold the 3DS still at an angle that causes that yellow smiley face icon to display in the lower left corner, then your Pokemon will respond to your movements and expressions. Anything other then a head tilt can be rather difficult to get the 3DS to pick up properly, though...
    Answers in bold.

Pokemon Amie... it is so long to max out your pokemons happiness, but I just enjoy more my adventure because of that. Unfortunately, I used pokemon-amie just before the victory road, so I didn't get the boost it gives through all my journey, oh well. I like all the little feature they add in this application, like the fact of being frozen, burned, slow down by Goodra's... thing xD. I should try that with other pokemon since it's all different!
    Oh my Feebas !
    Newest Shiny !

Spoiler:- My Hunts and Shinies:

holy crap

das freaky

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrmeon View Post
    Here you go:
    image.jpg
    Any pictures of petting and etc? =)

Must be so cute. I have my shiny mew also :P

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphina View Post
    Any pictures of petting and etc? =)

Must be so cute. I have my shiny mew also :P
    Here it is eating:
    image.jpg

holy crap

das freaky
    oh my goodness, what happened to giratina? that's a new reaction for him.

Quote Originally Posted by raigeki333 View Post
    why does Giratina eat without chewing, is the important thing here

like, that pastry could get caught in its throat or something

do you really want to perform the Heimlich on an Eldritch

i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

Quote Originally Posted by raigeki333 View Post
    The way the mouth opens isn't new, actually. From Platinum:

why does Giratina eat without chewing, is the important thing here
    Giratina is a hardcore eater, obviously.
    Nintendo Network Suggestions //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

I think this feature is annoying.

Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast