Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon-amie Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sealotic View Post
    I only Amie the pokemon on my team and Goodra was my favorite because of it's happy face.
    I find myself unable to keep a straight face when doing Amie with Goodra, due to how hilariously cheerful its default expression is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    I find myself unable to keep a straight face when doing Amie with Goodra, due to how hilariously cheerful its default expression is.
    I really prefer the Dragons in Amie, especially the ones that usually look tough and daunting because it's always nice to see them loosened up. Yveltal is a non-dragon that's cute in Amie.
    I'd really like to pet Slugma, and I'm tired of only giving affection through Puffs and the Face Simulation.

I love how goomy will wave. Any tips to get them to wave back more? He only does it every now and then.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack the Titan View Post
    I really prefer the Dragons in Amie, especially the ones that usually look tough and daunting because it's always nice to see them loosened up.
    I wish more of the intimidating dragons were like Hydreigon and just let themselves go completely. You still have to work to get so much as a proper smile out of the likes of Salamence and Garchomp.

Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    I love how goomy will wave. Any tips to get them to wave back more? He only does it every now and then.
    My Pokemon will offer a high-five constantly as long as I keep the cursor held to the screen without touching them.

On a side note, I find it somewhat amusing how ridiculously stoic Terrakion is compared to Virizion and Cobalion. It barely changes its expression at all, whether it's mad or happy, whereas the other two show off the full range of emotions.
    Last edited by Rakurai; 26th January 2014 at 10:47 PM.

I wish more of the intimidating dragons were like Hydreigon and just let themselves go completely. You still have to work to get so much as a proper smile out of the likes of Salamence and Garchomp.

My Pokemon will offer a high-five constantly as long as I keep the cursor held to the screen without touching them.

On a side note, I find it somewhat amusing how ridiculously stoic Terrakion is compared to Virizion and Cobalion. It barely changes its expression at all, whether it's mad or happy, whereas the other two show off the full range of emotions.
    If you do that, he'll wiggle both things on top of his head. If the camera registers you waving your hand, he'll jump up and throw the right side ones up to high hive you. Goomy is so cute.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

That death glare Zekrom gives you if you annoy it is amusing.

Reshiram and Kyurem don't change their expression at all, but the way Zekrom narrows its eyes sends a rather clear message.

Roselia hates it when you try to touch its roses but it enjoys been petted on the head. I find it unusual that Roserade enjoys having its roses petted considering the reaction from its pre-evolved form.

Also, I find Heliolisk to be cute as it does a little dance when it is happy.

1. How much does each Pokepuff last for the 3 pokemon that come and eat it?
    -including the Super Pokepuff (the one which gives 5 points in Fullness)

2. Are the presents we receive form the visiting pokemon given at random? I don't think so, because first I've been getting basic stuff and then when I decorated, I was getting more advanced stuff;

3. Why are some visiting pokemon leaving when they come to visit? (They stay for a bit on the top, then exit going to the left)

4. Is it possible to have permament 5 hearts for a pokemon, or does the last heart always diminish if you stop petting it for a while?

its so cute

i alway slove playing with my pokemon

and i love when they take up two screens when they are so big

and it took me the longest time to realize that you had to hold the pokepuff in front of their face and not just drop it

who is your favorite pokemon to use in amie?

cause mine is probably sylveon

or rayquaza
    Last edited by Kreis; 1st February 2014 at 3:19 AM.

I find it weird that when you touch Electivire's antennae you get shocked but touching its tail isn't a problem
    Planned OR Team:

Y Team:
    White 2 Team:
    White Team:
    Platinum Team:

3DS FC: 4527 8860 3900
    Friend Safari:

I love Chimchar's and Monferno's smiles in Amie. Can't wait to put Infernape in Amie.
    Blastoise and its animations are pretty nice, but Squirtle's are pretty good, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sealotic View Post
    I think Amie really worked for me. When I start the game, I wanted to have a Floette, but I wasn,t sure if I wanted a Florges. But when I Amie'd Florges I just fell in love with it. It is so cool, so beautiful and coquettish !
    I love Florges' giggle reaction, it's pretty cute and makes me love her even more. I was surprised that even though some may hate Delphox, it does act pretty cute in Amie. But the ones I really enjoy petting are my Sylveon and Meowstic.

Also, the elemental monkeys (Simisage, Simisear and Simipour) apparently hate getting their ears petted. But I do love the poses they do when you feed Poke Puffs to them or pet them, Simisage even does a break dancer like pose which is cool.

Seeing Honedge's reaction when you pet its tassel (it doesn't like being petted there btw) is really funny, it has a pretty menacing look there. Even petting Aegislash's hilt makes it do a similar menacing reaction, I guess it doesn't want you grabbing its hilt to wield it like a weapon I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    All posts should be constructive and contain ideas, support/elaborate their ideas, and must contribute to the discussions and/or on-going arguments.

2. Are the presents we receive form the visiting pokemon given at random? I don't think so, because first I've been getting basic stuff and then when I decorated, I was getting more advanced stuff;

3. Why are some visiting pokemon leaving when they come to visit? (They stay for a bit on the top, then exit going to the left)
    -Does this happen for you? Is it often/rare?

4. Is it possible to have permament 5 hearts for a pokemon, or does the last heart always diminish if you stop petting it for a while?

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Edge View Post

-Does this happen for you? Is it often/rare?

1. I really don't know the specifics on each one. I guess you just need to check from time to time if it's already eaten.
    2. I don't know the specifics on this one. I haven't seen any guide regarding presents. I guess it's just pure luck. But I noticed that if 3 Pokemon are of the same type or if it were 3 legendaries, you have a higher chance of getting rare decorations.
    3. Same with above... I don't know the in-depth workings of this. But yes, it happens occasionally. From my observation, the Pokemon has higher chances of staying if they are somewhat related by type. I dunno. >___>
    4. I haven't really given it much attention. But someone correct me if I'm wrong... I think Affection stays permanently, unlike Fullness and Enjoyment.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

I believe once you hit full affection, it stays that way -- i.e. "You and ____ are friends forever!".

Anyways, I've always wondered if the items you pick up are just what the other Pokemon have on the main screen for Pokemon-Amie. Of course, I don't have any evidence for this but I've always wondered if this was the case.

take me somewhere stars are still asleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany View Post
    I believe once you hit full affection, it stays that way -- i.e. "You and ____ are friends forever!".
    When I got five hearts for my Noivern, Talonflame, Greninja and Garchomp, it says exactly like above. Like "You and Noivern are friends forever!"

I think that wallpaper is related to some way to visitors. Like if you have fire wallpaper on, all fire type pokémon have hihger change to go eat and visit you and all water type doesn't want came there. This has happen me couple of times, when i had fire wallpaper, there were always Talonflames or Blazikens and when i had water wallpaper, there were allways Greninjas ro some other water types.
    Click my babies to help them to grow!

I have claimed Zebstrika! Thunder zebra power!
    I have also claimed Sacred Grove theme from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess!
    In-game name:Annabel
    Friend-code: 4957-3860-9818

The Pokemon that come to visit are simply whatever Pokemon the other players have as their current Amie Pokemon. Which is why about 50% of them are Talonflame, as most of them are busy breeding Pokemon.

Also, the only time I'm ever seen a Pokemon not stay for a visit is if there wasn't a Pokepuff out when they passed by.

Ah, now that I've checked, pokemon do stay at 5 hearts forever I guess. At least if you keep them in pc, they do.

The Pokemon that come to visit are simply whatever Pokemon the other players have as their current Amie Pokemon. Which is why about 50% of them are Talonflame, as most of them are busy breeding Pokemon.

Also, the only time I'm ever seen a Pokemon not stay for a visit is if there wasn't a Pokepuff out when they passed by.
    I sometimes see them stay even if there is no Pokepuff. But some do not come even when there is a pokepuff.

It's interesting that you say they never leave unless you don't have a pokepuff. That would mean you have decorated it so well, that when you leave a pokepuff, every pokemon is attracted to come. But I'm just hypothesizing.

Also, I can confirm that wallpaper can attract certain types of pokemon. I also got mostly fire pokemon and mostly flying pokemon, when I had the Sunset Wallpaper.

EDIT: The top tier pokepuff lasts for 7 visits.

I suppose it's possible that decorations raise the Enjoyment of the pokemon you are taking care of.
    I'm currently walking around with a Fletchinder, but I do not fight with him, I don't play with him in amie, and do not EV train him, yet his Enjoyment somehow stays at 5 points.
    Last edited by Infinity Edge; 2nd February 2014 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Edge View Post

1. It lasts for 3 - 4 rounds of pokemon

2. I haven't found a pattern to it yet. The higher level PokePuff you put out, the better rewards you get though

3. They don't like your café. Tough. Actually, the chances for pokemon to stay in your screen increases if you have a pokepuff down

4. Once you get five hearts and leave the Amie screen, it gives you a message "You'll be friends forever with (Pokémon)" and you get an item. However, it takes a while to get 5 hearts to stick

Pokemon-amie is quite the childhood dream come true, 10 year old me would've probably nearly litteraly drooled at it Also the inner child me is mildly disappointed that the 3D model for Ninetales, which was my favorite pokemon during the first gen (after that got replaced by Espeon, which stuck until now) is quite ugly. I still use it quite a lot because of the XP boost; the minigames are fun enough and I like the XP boost so when training a new pokemon up to level 50 for wifi use I tend to to pokemon-amie with it first for less level grinding (pokemon-amie is also in a way grinding, but I can switch between the minigames so it's less repetative )

I wonder if it's weird for an adult in early/mid 20's to actually enjoy petting pixels :\
    Gen 6 FC: 3883 6277 2269 (Azgaza)

Not a team but rather my favorites out of all pokemon I have (all still part of teams):

Link to my trade shop
    Featuring: 5-6IV's, Hidden Abilities, Egg Moves, 5IV Shiny's and more
    Shiny's I've bred so far using the Mesuda Method: perfect Espurr (M), imperfect Cyndaquil(M)[/U], for best odds I always use a foreign parent ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Nayzira View Post

I wonder if it's weird for an adult in early/mid 20's to actually enjoy petting pixels :\
    It's not, I'm in the same boat. :B
    I've really enjoyed playing with Hydreigon and Whimsicott.
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

Haven't tried this yet, but how the hell do Pokemon like Staryu or Magnemite eat in Pokemon Amie? Do they just...absorb it?
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by Exeggudork View Post
    Haven't tried this yet, but how the hell do Pokemon like Staryu or Magnemite eat in Pokemon Amie? Do they just...absorb it?
    That's what it er...looks like. It's just like with Xerneas or Zygarde, it's pretty odd/funny. :B
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Sutittaja View Post
    Like if you have fire wallpaper on, all fire type pokémon have hihger change to go eat and visit you and all water type doesn't want came there. This has happen me couple of times, when i had fire wallpaper, there were always Talonflames or Blazikens and when i had water wallpaper, there were allways Greninjas or some other water types.
    That doesn't happen with me... I always have the Ghost Wallpaper on, yet I never get any Ghost Pokemon visiting. Instead, I get an unusually large number of Talonflames...

Anyway, I always find it amusing when a Pokemon has places that will hurt you when touched. Like the spiky parts of Ferroseed and Bisharp, which cause you to get a bandage on your hand. Or getting shocked by touching Pikachu or Dedenne's cheeks. Or getting burnt by touching Litleo's mane. Also amusing is the number of Pokemon who really like getting petted in... ahem... inappropriate places. My Zoroark, for example, absolutely loves a good crotch rub.

Also, in regards to the mini-games... I find it interesting that Berry Picker relies a lot on fast reflexes once you reach around 130 points, where you have to pick one berry really quickly. It's way easier when you're picking more than one berry at once because you can see the next berry and think about where to put it as you're giving the other one. Usually if I'm fortunate enough to break 145 or so (which is about when the fast-picking ends), I flat-out go for a high score. I once got over 300 points because of it...

In Head It, my high score is 1900 or so, but I hardly ever go for that just because it takes so long. Fortunately, I find this to be the easiest game to get five stars in, since you only need 800 points (I think). That's equivalent to about a 115-hit combo from the very beginning. Nowadays I'll aim for a score of 800 or so, then drop the yarn balls on purpose after that for the interest of time.

And the tile puzzle... Oh god, I hate it. To this day I've never gotten more than two stars in Hard, or more than one-and-a-half stars in Ultimate. I can't imagine how anyone could properly swap puzzle tiles that fast. Plus it only gives out 4 Pokepuffs at max (I think), as opposed to six in other games, so I never see it being very useful anyway. Also, I think this is the only game in which you can get the special Winter Pokepuffs, since I've never been able to get those from the other two games, despite getting five stars too many times to count there.

I have claimed Celestia Ludenberg from Dangan Ronpa. --My Updated RPer profile--

RPG's I'm in now: Uhh, none besides the one below.
    Current RPG Project: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (Sign-ups) (RPG thread) (Discussion)

The tile puzzle is the fastest way of getting normal Pokepuffs and increasing your Pokemon's playfulness if you're good at it.

The key is just to assemble the frame of the puzzle first, as by the time that's done, a lot of the center pieces should also be in place (Assuming you didn't make any mistakes), plus it's the only part of the puzzle that never changes, so it is possible to do it from memory. I've finished the hard puzzle in 28 seconds at the fastest.

Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast