Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 253132333435
Results 851 to 870 of 870

Thread: Pokémon-amie Thread

  1. #851
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Burning on Mt. Pyre
    Posts
    1,404

    Default

    One thing I've found interesting is that a few Pokemon like to be petted in places right next to "dangerous" spots. For example, Bisharp likes being petted down the middle of the chest, right in between blades that can hurt you. Heatran likes getting its metal leg braces rubbed, but these are again narrow areas surrounded by burning lava. I also find it amusing that Pokemon based off the same animal seem to prefer/hate the same spots - all the fox Pokemon seem to love getting their ears and their crotch rubbed (I've actually noticed a lot of Pokemon like the latter, XD), for instance, whereas all the cat Pokemon don't like ear rubs (Espurr especially hates them, although Purrloin may be an exception).

    Another thing I've had a hard time figuring out is how the gift system works - you know, how the three Pokemon who visit your Amie screen give you a present after a while. The first time I ever had Pokemon visit, I had one of the fancy seasonal Poke Puffs out, and got one of those special brown Pokepuffs back. I've tried this again with the same kind of Pokepuff later on, but just kept getting generic things like decorations or lower-grade Pokepuffs. I also haven't seen any difference depending on what grade of Pokepuff I leave out, and I've also been receiving presents when I had no Pokepuffs out.

    I have claimed Celestia Ludenberg from Dangan Ronpa. --My Updated RPer profile--

    RPG's I'm in now: The War Within (Ari), MLP: It Came from the Stars (Madame Starshroom)
    Current RPG Project: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (Sign-ups) (RPG thread) (Discussion)

  2. #852
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    N's Castle
    Posts
    198

    Default

    Yeah Ive Noticed That too about the dangerous spots. I was patting my tropius and its mouth was open and then i found out patting it on a specific part of its wing made its mouth drop Even Lower and it absolutely loved it

  3. #853
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    394

    Default

    I wonder how will they improve this feature in ORAS. More mini games I suppose, but It would be so great if they gave the pokemons more reactions, mix it up a bit

  4. #854

    Default

    Honestly Pokemon-Amie was my favorite addition to X and Y. To able to interact with your Pokemon besides simply battling added a lot for me. I hope they can expand on this in later games, or even release a game on the eShop where you can transfer your in-game Pokemon to and interact with them in tons of new and different ways.

  5. #855
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Outside of Hawaii (I wish...)
    Posts
    7,970

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Creyk View Post
    I wonder how will they improve this feature in ORAS. More mini games I suppose, but It would be so great if they gave the pokemons more reactions, mix it up a bit
    I'd also mainly want them to give more reactions to more Pokemon.

    It's not really fair for the majority of the species to only have the two most basic reactions (Happy and angry), while others have as many as five or six.

  6. #856
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Burning on Mt. Pyre
    Posts
    1,404

    Default

    Looks like this thread needs a Revive...

    So, another update. I was petting my Gyarados the other day, and found out that it loves being petted right in the mouth. I keep thinking it's gonna bite my hand off. XD

    As for improvements for ORAS... I don't really care what they improve, I just hope they keep it. I would be very very upset if they got rid of Pokemon-Amie in those games. If they did add more expressions to more Pokemon though, I can definitely see that happening to the Hoenn starters (after all, the Kalos starters got extra expressions in X/Y).

    I have claimed Celestia Ludenberg from Dangan Ronpa. --My Updated RPer profile--

    RPG's I'm in now: The War Within (Ari), MLP: It Came from the Stars (Madame Starshroom)
    Current RPG Project: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (Sign-ups) (RPG thread) (Discussion)

  7. #857
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Joăo Pessoa - Brazil
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Pokemon with multiple heads are weird in Amie. All 3 heads of Exeggutor eat the PokePuff, but you must feed it to middle mouth, and Slowbro can eat its with tail! Also, It doesn't like being pet on its tail, but it loves when it's on the ear. Even the Shellder looks like it likes it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiruria View Post

    As for improvements for ORAS... I don't really care what they improve, I just hope they keep it. I would be very very upset if they got rid of Pokemon-Amie in those games. If they did add more expressions to more Pokemon though, I can definitely see that happening to the Hoenn starters (after all, the Kalos starters got extra expressions in X/Y).
    Swampert's reactions were just boring. Its "happy" roar looks almost the same as its "angry" roar. Why do cute pokes get all of the love?
    My Shinies
    PokeRadar:
    Masuda Method:
    Chain Fishing:
    Random Encounter:

  8. #858
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Charcific Ocean
    Posts
    497

    Default

    I jus evolved my Eevee with Pokemon Amie. Seeing the rest of my team in action with the soon to be team member was cool. All of the extra angles and views are very neat to see the pokemon in a different light.
    1 million thanks to Varanus for this Shiny Card.

    0963-1007-3370 Fc

  9. #859
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    10

    Default

    I really like Pokemon-amie but I wish you could rotate the camera and pet them in different positions and such.

  10. #860
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    101

    Default

    Ive petted alot of crotch areas tbh.
    I left serebii

    Thanks for the trades everyone

  11. #861
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Mystic Village
    Posts
    518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiruria View Post
    Another thing I've had a hard time figuring out is how the gift system works - you know, how the three Pokemon who visit your Amie screen give you a present after a while. The first time I ever had Pokemon visit, I had one of the fancy seasonal Poke Puffs out, and got one of those special brown Pokepuffs back. I've tried this again with the same kind of Pokepuff later on, but just kept getting generic things like decorations or lower-grade Pokepuffs. I also haven't seen any difference depending on what grade of Pokepuff I leave out, and I've also been receiving presents when I had no Pokepuffs out.
    I found out a way to get fancy Poképuffs as a gift. Beat the Elite Four and the Champoin, and all the gifts you get on that day are brown fancy puffs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pachirisuuu View Post
    Ive petted alot of crotch areas tbh.
    The disturbing thing is that some Pokémon even seem to like it :/
    Last edited by Pink Harzard; 22nd November 2014 at 12:15 PM.
    Claimed Scyther


    PASBL explained
    Prologue and chapter one posted. Draft chapter two in production

    Banner, Button and Profile Picture made by Astral Shadow. Thanks a lot ^^

  12. #862
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Today I noticed that after my Salamence (which has high affection) defeated a horde of Zubat, it was able to find a Hard Stone immediately after it fainted the Zubat. I have plenty of other pokes with high affection and I've never seen them find an item before. Maybe I just haven't been paying close enough attention but this is new to me. Can anyone else confirm this for me?

    Y: 2251-4529-0494

    Looking for safaris with Shelgon in it.

  13. #863
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    none
    Posts
    182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Divine08 View Post
    Today I noticed that after my Salamence (which has high affection) defeated a horde of Zubat, it was able to find a Hard Stone immediately after it fainted the Zubat. I have plenty of other pokes with high affection and I've never seen them find an item before. Maybe I just haven't been paying close enough attention but this is new to me. Can anyone else confirm this for me?
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Natural_objects

    do the benefist from pokemon amie such as removing status conditions have effect in wifi battles?


    if you praise goomy and want helix to burn to hell put this in your sig (started by vanillite1)
    99.9% of everyone at SPPF have a sig. If you're part of the .1% that doesn't, put this in your- Ah, shoot!

    credit to astral shadow
    click my pokemon

    pokefarm Q profile
    I have claimed vanillish and pokemon battle trozei

  14. #864
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Outside of Hawaii (I wish...)
    Posts
    7,970

    Default

    No.

    Amie effects don't work in WiFi battles or any of the battle facilities.

  15. #865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    No.

    Amie effects don't work in WiFi battles or any of the battle facilities.
    I wish as hell they were in battle facilities.

  16. #866
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Pokemon world, I wish ._...XD
    Posts
    1,688

    Default

    just saying, this is one of the most broken systems I've ever seen.

    but I ****ing love it, its the type of broken that makes me feel satisfied, unlike the exp share.
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

  17. #867
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    299

    Default

    is there any benefit on maxing out friendship in pkmn amie for the pokemon that aren't named Sylveon? I only used it recently to get a Sylveon and that's about it.
    fc 3926 6866-2593 ign Nelliel
    fight Sawk Machoke Tyrogue
    polar pattern Vivillion

  18. #868
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    I'm alive?
    Posts
    819

    Default

    I have a somewhat random question, not directly about the internal Poke-amie, but about the "base" screen that appears on the bottom screen (the one with all the decorations). After syncing with the global link and having a bunch of wi-fi passerbys, random pokemon walk onto my screen. Yes, I know this is useful for things, but is there any way to stop them or turn that off? Even going offline doesn't help.

    Also, nel3, yes, there are tons of benefits! Look it up on Serebii or Bulbapedia.
    [+-][+-]
    ---[+-]
    --[+-]
    [+-][+-]apto369

    †I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

    If you enjoy poetry, check out this book by rising author, James W. A. "In the Library" is told in an epic narrative format and contains dark thematic material that teaches multiple lessons about pain, coping, and madness. Check it out at thejameswa.com !

  19. #869
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in Scandinavia
    Posts
    615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zapto369 View Post
    I have a somewhat random question, not directly about the internal Poke-amie, but about the "base" screen that appears on the bottom screen (the one with all the decorations). After syncing with the global link and having a bunch of wi-fi passerbys, random pokemon walk onto my screen. Yes, I know this is useful for things, but is there any way to stop them or turn that off? Even going offline doesn't help.

    Also, nel3, yes, there are tons of benefits! Look it up on Serebii or Bulbapedia.
    Not that I know of.

    But why would you want to turn it off? They give you stuff.

  20. #870
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    I'm alive?
    Posts
    819

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krishnath View Post
    Not that I know of.

    But why would you want to turn it off? They give you stuff.
    I know they give you stuff and it's cool and all, but it's also kind of distracting and causes my OCD senses to tingle all over the place haha. Trust me, it really is just me, but thank you for the insight!
    [+-][+-]
    ---[+-]
    --[+-]
    [+-][+-]apto369

    †I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

    If you enjoy poetry, check out this book by rising author, James W. A. "In the Library" is told in an epic narrative format and contains dark thematic material that teaches multiple lessons about pain, coping, and madness. Check it out at thejameswa.com !

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 253132333435

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •