Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon-amie Thread

Quote Originally Posted by saldu View Post
    What's inconsistent about that?
    Requirement: affection >= 2 and knows at least 1 fairy move and levelup.
    Some people are reporting different results. Serebii's page on Sylveon also says something different.

Quote Originally Posted by Neon-Gear View Post
    That is really interesting. Mine evolved at level 29 with cute charm I believe. It had max affection several levels before then but maybe it doesn't require maximum affection.
    The Eevee WAS traded to me. Perhaps that made a difference.
    Last edited by Guywhoiam; 17th October 2013 at 3:57 AM.
    3DS Friend Code: 1118-0538-5698
    Twitter/ Tumblr /Secret Base

How does I max love?!
    FRIEND CODE FOR X AND Y: 4468-1024-6449 (Adam)
    MESSAGE ME WITH YOUR CODE IF YOU ADD ME PLEASE AND THANK YOU

Quote Originally Posted by Vostroyan1 View Post
    How does I max love?!
    You have to spend time with your Pokemon, pet them, play with them, feed them treats, tell them you're never gonna give them up, never gonna let them down, never gonna run around and desert them, never gonna make them cry, never gonna say goodbye, and never gonna tell a lie and hurt them.
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4597-0632-8038
    X & Y FRIEND SAFARI POKEMON: Paras, Masquerain, Venomoth

X Version Shinies:
    Y Version Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle_Master View Post
    Not sure if anybody cares/knows this but the High Score on Head It Unlimited is 999. You get really awesome Poke Puffs from doing it too. It has the treat on top and a bunch of icing all around the Puff.
    Well, that's where the in-game counter stops. You still get to add your combo bonus to the 999 afterward, so maybe the total score is unlimited. But it doesn't matter how high a score I get, so far, I've only been able to win two deluxe Pokepuffs at a time (you'll recognize when you win them because of the special border around them). Has anyone been able to win more?

Quote Originally Posted by Tariss63 View Post
    I was playing with my Eevee today (recently evolved it into Jolteon, but more on that later): if you hold the cursor down on the screen beyond Eevee's body, it will open its mouth and watch. Hold it there long enough and it will raise its right paw. I've found that you can then swipe the cursor across its raised paw and give it a "high five" of sorts. It helps raise enjoyment or whatever it is two notes at a time. Jolteon also does this.
    Wow, that sounds cool. I'll have to try that.

It's been really difficult for me to engage the camera function games on Pokemon Amie. At first, I thought the camera wasn't being used at all because the indicator light on the DS doesn't turn on when I use Amie, but then it worked a couple of times. But only twice, literally. Sometimes the little smiley face icon flashes on and off too quickly, but most of the time it just isn't there. This is almost certainly because it's usually poorly lit where I play, but I'm not sure that's all there is to it because it has worked for me those two other times, in similar lighting conditions. (And it takes a lot longer to use Amie when you can't raise affection and enjoyment simultaneously with the camera feature. >_<)

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

Quote Originally Posted by Vostroyan1 View Post
    How does I max love?!
    Just use Amie a lot.
    Pet them until they bleed, feed them Puffs until their stomachs explode, and play minigames until your touch screen tears open.
    In a nutshell.

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco View Post
    Well, that's where the in-game counter stops. You still get to add your combo bonus to the 999 afterward, so maybe the total score is unlimited. But it doesn't matter how high a score I get, so far, I've only been able to win two deluxe Pokepuffs at a time (you'll recognize when you win them because of the special border around them). Has anyone been able to win more?

Wow, that sounds cool. I'll have to try that.

It's been really difficult for me to engage the camera function games on Pokemon Amie. At first, I thought the camera wasn't being used at all because the indicator light on the DS doesn't turn on when I use Amie, but then it worked a couple of times. But only twice, literally. Sometimes the little smiley face icon flashes on and off too quickly, but most of the time it just isn't there. This is almost certainly because it's usually poorly lit where I play, but I'm not sure that's all there is to it because it has worked for me those two other times, in similar lighting conditions. (And it takes a lot longer to use Amie when you can't raise affection and enjoyment simultaneously with the camera feature. >_<)
    I hear ya.
    It's pretty much broken. Even if you get the game activated, some of the commands are difficult to pass or even impossible. I also thought something might've been wrong with my 3DS' cameras since I'm such a bad caretaker, but I looked it up and some other forums said the same results, no matter how brightly lit your room is and no matter how much you strain yourself to smile or tilt your head, the game won't recognize your commands. I remember passing it just once, and it was like make a kissy face, keep a straight face, and close your eyes or something. Lol.
    My poor Fennekin.
    Haven't been on here since X&Y came out.
    The opposing Metagross used Giga Impact!

Quote Originally Posted by Tariss63 View Post
    I was playing with my Eevee today (recently evolved it into Jolteon, but more on that later): if you hold the cursor down on the screen beyond Eevee's body, it will open its mouth and watch. Hold it there long enough and it will raise its right paw. I've found that you can then swipe the cursor across its raised paw and give it a "high five" of sorts. It helps raise enjoyment or whatever it is two notes at a time. Jolteon also does this.

I can't seem to get a reaction similar out of any other pokemon on my team currently (Delphox, Vivillon, Dunsparce, Blastoise, Pigeot).
    I can get Espurr to do this. Zigzagoon and Bidoof don't though. Zigzagoon is adorable in Amie though xD
    3DS Friendcode
    0318 7365 6244

Has anybody found that Game Freak has put a lot pikachu like his faces and cry in pokemon amie and it battle
    I officially claim Feraligatr

Quote Originally Posted by Luxvan View Post
    Just use Amie a lot.
    Pet them until they bleed, feed them Puffs until their stomachs explode, and play minigames until your touch screen tears open.
    In a nutshell.

I hear ya.
    It's pretty much broken. Even if you get the game activated, some of the commands are difficult to pass or even impossible. I also thought something might've been wrong with my 3DS' cameras since I'm such a bad caretaker, but I looked it up and some other forums said the same results, no matter how brightly lit your room is and no matter how much you strain yourself to smile or tilt your head, the game won't recognize your commands. I remember passing it just once, and it was like make a kissy face, keep a straight face, and close your eyes or something. Lol.
    My poor Fennekin.

I was wondering if the problem might perhaps not be universally bad facial recognition, but the fact that it might be configured for asian-looking faces, thus failing for westerners.

Ingame name: Elro
    FC: 2148-8231-4985
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Teddiursa Minccino 3rd: Ditto
    Friendlist currently full, can only sneak in people who have a straight-up better/more interesting safari than the ones I already have.

My observations:

holding your stylus on the screen (not touching your pokemon) makes the pokemon "follow" your stylus. Also, out of my team this only works with Eevee and Pikachu, some pokemon find it entertaining and move their hand/paw up and down after a few seconds of following the stylus and if you move the stylus to their hand/paw, it makes a high five sound and the pokemon acts really happy about it (shows music notes). It might be because Pikachu and Eevee are smaller than my other pokemon. This is confirmed to raise Enjoyment.

Calling the pokemon's name (or possibly just talking, but I've had best results with names) results in a music note and happy expression.

If you ignore the pokemon, it will return to its pokeball on its own. This may lower enjoyment.

You can tell when you have gained another affection heart because the pokemon will make its "happy noise" and show hearts 3 times in a row.

If you listen to the sound as you are petting your pokemon, a higher pitch sound is a more enjoyable spot and a lower pitch sound is a less enjoyable spot. For example, my Eevee really likes being pet on the tuft of fur below her chin and it makes a high pitch noise as I pet her, but if I try to pet the top of her head, it makes a lower pitch sound and she makes a sad face.

I have only done it by accident a few times and am not sure how to trigger it, but once in a while your pokemon will smack your "hand" away and make an angry face

I cannot make the Big Smile facial expression work. Sometimes I cannot make the wide eyes expression work, and more often than not it has a difficult time recognizing my expressions in combination with tilting my head, especially if it has to do with the eyes. If you have trouble with Kissy Face, don't just pucker, try to make your lips as big as you can.
    Last edited by kyle72686; 17th October 2013 at 10:32 AM.
    Latest shiny:

found in Friend Safari

Just got a random idea of awesomeness and can't check at the moment:

Has anyone tried rubbing a Miltanks udder, I expect it might give you Milk?

Friendlist currently full, can only sneak in people who have a straight-up better/more interesting safari than the ones I already have.

Don't know if it is mentioned in this thread anywhere, but it isn't on the details page. Level 1 affection I think occasionally gives the Pokemon boosted EXP gain in battle. Level 2 affection always gives Boosted EXP gain. Not looked in to the other levels myself...

So I was just testing and calculating in Pokémon-Amie, trying to figure out how to get the max affection stat (to evolve Sylveon for example). I tried with a Pokémon I hadn't played with before and it looks like the small hearts that appear (whenever you pet or feed your Pokémon) count towards a total amount, which then determine the affection stats. Here's what I counted:

1 heart rank: 3 small hearts
    2 heart rank: 51 small hearts
    3 heart rank: 102 small hearts
    4 heart rank: 150 small hearts
    5 heart rank: 255 small hearts

The small hearts usually come as multiple ones, depending on what you do or feed them (like around 2-4 a time), so the limits for ranks may actually be something along the lines of:

1 heart rank: 1 small heart (?)
    2 heart rank: 50 small hearts (+50 on previous)
    3 heart rank: 100 small hearts (+50 on previous)
    4 heart rank: 150 small hearts (+50 on previous)
    5 heart rank: 250 small hearts (+100 on previous)

Just something I did out of boredom haha. This can be useful especially for those who try to max out the affection of Eevee to evolve it into Sylveon (and like to count/track their progress). I only tried this with one Pokémon, and might have miscalculated, and it's not 100% confirmed, but test if you please. Also, the multiple hearts that appear when the Pokémon reaches a new level are not counted.
    Last edited by Munchy; 17th October 2013 at 12:35 PM.
    Morjens!
    3DS FC: 3110-4257-9678

Has anybody been able to confirm whether Amie boosts (extra crits, higher evasion, status curing) apply in PvP battles? Or is it just in-game?

The future surrounds us.

Let us begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Leggs View Post
    Has anybody been able to confirm whether Amie boosts (extra crits, higher evasion, status curing) apply in PvP battles? Or is it just in-game?
    Just in-game.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Yusuf View Post
    To be slighty more clear: Just in battles, where you get exp.
    Won't work in battle maison.

Hello. I have just experienced what I think is a glitch in Pokémon-Amie... I was petting my Mareep, and, as expected, I got shocked if I touched her coat. This happened a couple of times with no issues, but then when I touched her tail and got shocked again the game froze and the software closed with an error message. I have been trying to reproduce the glitch so I could post some proof for the glitch thread, but I haven't been able to so far. I guess this is a good thing, meaning that the glitch is not so easy to trigger... but I just wanted to give everyone a heads-up that it's probably best to save before playing Pokémon-Amie.

And thus my hope that Hydreigon would be totally adorable in Pokemon Amie came true.

The little happy dance it does when you pet it is too cute.

Quote Originally Posted by DKN117 View Post
    You have to spend time with your Pokemon, pet them, play with them, feed them treats, tell them you're never gonna give them up, never gonna let them down, never gonna run around and desert them, never gonna make them cry, never gonna say goodbye, and never gonna tell a lie and hurt them.
    This...this is gorgeous.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

Quote Originally Posted by saldu View Post
    I was wondering if the problem might perhaps not be universally bad facial recognition, but the fact that it might be configured for asian-looking faces, thus failing for westerners.
    Is it bad that I laughed at this? xD
    Haven't been on here since X&Y came out.
    The opposing Metagross used Giga Impact!

Is it a good thing or a bad think if My pancham was asleep when I turned on my game and went to the pokemon-amie, and it still sleeping 30 minutes later?

How you max Enjoyment?

Lyndell's 3DS XL: 2380 2934 0909
    Bug Safari:
    Pokemon X Lyndell

Just play minigames for a while, or make faces at your Pokemon if you can get the camera to work properly.

Do note that the minigames will reduce your Pokemon's fullness, while the other methods of raising playfulness don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Just play minigames for a while, or make faces at your Pokemon if you can get the camera to work properly.

Do note that the minigames will reduce your Pokemon's fullness, while the other methods of raising playfulness don't.
    Also If a Pichu have a MAx affection will it elv into a pikachu?

Bug Safari:
    Pokemon X Lyndell

Affection is a distinct stat from the friendship value needed to evolve Pokemon, so it's not guaranteed.

Pokemon Amie does increase friendship, though.

Oh anyway I can about do every face but the wide eyes wink my right eye and middle smile and big smile

Bug Safari:
    Pokemon X Lyndell

Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast