Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon-amie Thread

This is probably one of the best features added to the Pokémon franchise ever, but it's such a shame that the camera recognition sucks eggs. I actually thought it was because it couldn't recognize me as it's not my 3DS. I have to pretty much be in a specific, correct angle for it to active the whole "make faces" activity, but I was only able to complete it once. I can't make a huge smile or a small smile very well thus far.

I wonder how talking into the microphone works for Pokémon-Amie specifically. The Pokémon recognizes sounds, and it indicates with a musical note and small cry, but I don't exactly know what it really does. Apparently you can record phrases for battles if you max out the affection, but I haven't gotten that far. Enjoyment seems to be more successful with me.

And while this may sound strange, it was rather heartbreaking to go into Pokémon-Amie with my Venasaur to find he turned his back on me until I tapped him (or said something, can't remember). It made me feel bad about neglecting him. Prior to last night, I only experimented with Amie once, and I just about died from cuteness that I couldn't continue xD. The minigames are pretty fun. Head It and Tile Puzzle are my favorites. My Raichu seems to be the most energetic or at least more friendly or whateve. It kept waving at me as though to tell me to do something or "go on", but I couldn't read her xD.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

Question, not sure if it has been answered, but do the effects of a fully satisfied pokemon from Amie carry on to wifi battles and rated battles? Like survival and evasion?
    .::Current Y Team::.

::Update:: Looking to trade EV trained Pokemon for other EV trained Pokemon. Also I have Xerneas up for trade PM me with offers.
    FRIEND CODE---2664-3098-8929

They don't.

Nor do they carry over into the Battle Maison or Battle Institute.

I have to say, of all six pokemon on my team (maybe even among pokemon in general) Pikachu seems to be the most emotionally intelligent. As soon as I used Amie to see how she was doing, I could tell that she was starving. Feeding her just once made the affection meter rise from 2 to 3 hearts. I couldn't count how many small hearts there were, because there were that many. What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazedyanma View Post
    I have to say, of all six pokemon on my team (maybe even among pokemon in general) Pikachu seems to be the most emotionally intelligent. As soon as I used Amie to see how she was doing, I could tell that she was starving. Feeding her just once made the affection meter rise from 2 to 3 hearts. I couldn't count how many small hearts there were, because there were that many. What do you guys think?
    I think it would be safe to assume that there are a ton more possible interactions for Pikachu than for any other random pokemon, like say, Stunfisk.

Ingame name: Elro
    FC: 2148-8231-4985
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Teddiursa Minccino 3rd: Ditto
    Friendlist currently full, can only sneak in people who have a straight-up better/more interesting safari than the ones I already have.

The "popular" Pokemon (Pikachu, the first forms of the starters, and the Eevee line, to name some) do have a noticeably larger amount of reactions to being touched and have some unique ones that don't work for any other Pokemon (Holding the cursor on the screen for a moment without touching them or holding a Pokepuff near them without actually giving it to them, for instance).

I'm thankful they at least gave most of the Pokemon multiple facial expressions, though.

Sorry to ask if this has been asked before - Do the Pokepuffs depend on the Pokemon's natures like what happened with Pokeblocks and Puffins?

I noticed that my Vivillon takes a longer time to consume Spice Pokepuffs compared to all the other Pokepuffs.
    "I want you to make me a stepping stone so everyone can shine…!"

Ice Friend Safari - Snover / Bergmite / Cloyster
    Current and temporary Friend Safari is Grass - Tangela / Swadloon / Maractus

Quote Originally Posted by Kirisame Marisa View Post
    Sorry to ask if this has been asked before - Do the Pokepuffs depend on the Pokemon's natures like what happened with Pokeblocks and Puffins?

I noticed that my Vivillon takes a longer time to consume Spice Pokepuffs compared to all the other Pokepuffs.
    I have found that they always eat the last poke puff slower (before they are so full they turn away). But, some of mine eat the last two slower. It might have been that?

I haven't noticed a difference in flavor preference, just how high quality the puff is.

I've noticed a flavor preference with my pyroar and eevee (now leafeon) both will become much happier at certain flavors, for instance, if I feed my leafeon a green pokepuff with icing and a cinnamon stick, she'll run in circles and make adorable cries and a glitter like shimmer will appear, if I feed her any other flavor, she'll eat it and smile but doesn't react so vividly, Pyroar will happily eat any deluxe puff, but if he eats a mocha puff with the white marshmallow looking square, he'll toss his head back and roar happily. Those are the only two of my Pokemon I've noticed this in. Maybe it's because these two have maxed out affection? I'm not sure, but I have also noticed they always eat their last PokePuff much slower, this is what notifies me they're full and won't eat another if I try to feed them.

I've noticed that if I remove my glasses while trying to play the face game, I get better results. Also, I've noticed the camera is real finicky about the distance between it and you.

FC: 2938-7055-3337
    Normal Friend Safari with Teddiursa/Kecleon/Smeargle
    Shinies: Togepi & Dedenne

Just hatched a Grimer and tried petting it. It's like waddling through silly putty. XD Really enjoy the detail they put into some pokemon.

I'm curious as to whether pokemon amie allows pokemon which would not listen to you (due to trade and the lack of badges) to do so.
    FC is 4940-5550-1230

When does the interactive face game appear? Or is it just random?
    In need of shiny and ;501; PM if you have one for trade. I have some good offers.

Quote Originally Posted by blackstar View Post
    I've noticed that if I remove my glasses while trying to play the face game, I get better results.
    I noticed this too. But sometimes it still fails to recognise an expression for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by SkylanderSchool View Post
    When does the interactive face game appear? Or is it just random?
    It appears when the camera records your face, so holding it still in front of you should make it show up.

So, after doing a bit of research on my own, I saw someone post the number of hearts required between each affection level (1-5), just to tack onto that.

When using Amie, when your Pokemon is full and petting it isn't giving off hearts anymore. Play any minigame to reset the cap of hearts you can get at a time. Playing the minigame also makes your pokemon hungry so feeding it again will also give more hearts as well, then back to the minigame.

Basically, pet your pokemon until a music note is all you get -> feed it puffs (the fancier looking the puff, the more hearts you get) until full -> at least one minigame (the harder and better you do, the better puffs you'll get though) -> repeat.
    Playing the minigame and doing really well gives you better puffs which means more hearts before your pokemon is full.
    When you gain an affection level, the pokemon will do a happy dance and a lot of hearts will appear again. When you gain an affection level, it does not reset the hearts-per-minigame cap. When you reach Max Affection, the benefits for that pokemon are permanent, however only apply in pokemon battles where you'd gain experience, so basically just in-story battles.

I'm not entirely sure, but I think if you cap out the hearts via petting and then don't play a minigame, overtime, the amount of hearts you obtained will slowly decrease. Or maybe the cap increases. Not sure.

If you leave the Aime screen up while playing, you'll see the pokemon walking around and it will tell you whether it wants to play a minigame (green music note) or if it wants some puffs (pink puff symbol).

Speaking to the pokemon will get different reactions out of it, but I don't think I've seen this increase it's hearts, it may increase enjoyment.

Fainted pokemon cannot be played with. Haven't tried with different status effects.

Anyway, that's my first post and thought I'd try to help anyone that came new to the thread.
    Forgive me if someone's already said all this and I missed it.

On another note - I got eevee to evolve into a Sylveon with 3 Affection hearts, 1 enjoyment, and it was at about 4 Fullness.

This is just a work in progress. I'm going to attempt to write a guide on Aime in my spare time. I realize it's not 100% accurate but I'm working on it.
    Last edited by Valcain; 19th October 2013 at 10:30 PM. Reason: More info added

Playing with Espurr is so much fun. It never gets cheerful and when you touch its ears it gives you the death stare.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixfatih View Post
    Playing with Espurr is so much fun. It never gets cheerful and when you touch its ears it gives you the death stare.
    Electrike seems to give me this all the time. It's hilariously frightening.

Also, did anyone else squee with adorableness when they first fed an Eevee, or is it just me? Seriously- it's adorable!
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Earth Wolf-Howl (formerly Warrior Scolipede)

FC: 2707-2741-9594
    Friend Safari: Sunkern, Sawsbuck, Maractus

I have claimed Pyroar!

It seems like the whole "simon says" minigame is restricted to cetain Pokemon. I had a team of Greninja, Charizard, Gogoat, Aegislash, Goodra, and Marowak and it never happened once. But when I use a Ralts, it happens all the time.
    I like Metagross, and I used to claim it!
    Spheal with it.

Spoiler:- 3DS Friend Code:

It's a little disappointing that most evolved Pokemon don't have any special animations they'll display if you idle for a while. They just look around briefly before returning their attention to you.

Quote Originally Posted by AmusedMilk View Post
    It seems like the whole "simon says" minigame is restricted to cetain Pokemon. I had a team of Greninja, Charizard, Gogoat, Aegislash, Goodra, and Marowak and it never happened once. But when I use a Ralts, it happens all the time.
    It just has to do with the camera positioning.

I've gotten to work with every Pokemon I've played with, among them Greninja, Manectric, Haxorus, Yveltal, and Hydreigon (Who has really amusing facial expressions).

Ahahahaha, this feature is awesome and playing with my Evee to make him evolve into Sylveon was funny other than cute.
    As for your pokčmon giving you death stare, well it happened also to me. XD
    My Shiny Pokčmon (Since 2001): (X2)

Last update: 19/3/2014

3DS Friend code: 1950-8255-4764
    Friend Safari: Bug (Illumise, Ledyba and Venomoth)

It's incredible how well developped id this cute feature.
    Would scaring pokémon like trevenant or clawitzer let you to pet them?

I have noticed whenever i play head it with my shiny garbodor it sparkles when its head hits the ball.

Is there a way to discard unwanted PokePuffs without angrying your pokemon? i tend to have a surplus as I play alot of games.

I also noticed that pokemon have certain "favorite spots", like Swirlix likes being rubbed about below her mouth, and Chestnaught likes it when i stroke his arms. But do they have unfavorite spots? They sometimes make upsetting facial expressions and gestures when rubbed the wrong way (Interpert that however you like...). Also, touching certain spots on electric types gets you shocked!

EDIT: It seems that different pokemon put away poke puffs at different paces as well, even at lowest fullness i wonder if its dependent on the physical size of the pokemon, like an Eevee would eat one much faster then something bigger then it, like say Blastoise
    Last edited by Trot Away; 20th October 2013 at 11:12 PM.
    Forever keeping it clean. Whether everyone else likes it or not!
    3DS FC: 4227 - 0729 - 3560

My ASB Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Trot Away View Post
    Is there a way to discard unwanted PokePuffs without angrying your pokemon? i have a surplus as a play alot of games.
    The way I do it is I fill them up with Puffs (you can tell which one is their last puff before being full when they take a slight pause before biting) and then dropping puffs will result in the Pokemon just having a question mark above their head, not getting mad.

Some of my pokemon lost affection over time, while others don't... i didn't read nothing about this, it could be cool if somebody finds out why this happens.

Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast