Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon-amie Thread

I had a hard time figuring out how to feed my Pikachu. It turns out you have to hold the treat up to its mouth instead of just selecting it. *facepalm*

\

This is seriously my favorite weird add-on feature in any pokemon game so far. I just zone out and play puzzles, feed my team a million macaroons, and get in-game bonuses for it! If it had no effect in the main game, it would feel like a complete time-waster, but there is such an incentive. Plus I love it when my trainer praises my pokemon mid-fight and it turns its head... IDK, it just makes me feel really attached to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Froakie13 View Post
    I had a hard time figuring out how to feed my Pikachu. It turns out you have to hold the treat up to its mouth instead of just selecting it. *facepalm*
    I am so happy this wasn't just me... my brother did not believe that I didn't understand it until a few days of playing, haha.

how you do activate the feature of you copying the faces that your pokemon is making? it happened to me once, then I couldn't get it back

In order to activate it, I usually hold my 3DS in front of me and tilt my head while watching for the face icon to appear. Though I must warn you, you have to be in a well-light area in order to play otherwise it won't detect your face.
    3DS Friend Code: 4742-5468-5795

With my pokemon, there's 1 specific pokepuff, with a specific topping that brings out a few rounds of hearts... Every other one, even the Supreme ones, don't give that many...

Also, what determines which puff a pokemon likes the most? Is it it's Characteristics or something?

EDIT: Seems there's a perfect petting place as well...
    Last edited by dragon1; 21st October 2013 at 4:11 PM.

May have already been discussed, but I'm not scrolling through eight pages. Do Pokémon get a boost in EXP after playing with them in Amie for a while? I'm asking because I was playing with Froakie for a long time and then when I stopped and went back to the game, he would "gain a boosted ..." when earning EXP.

If you get a highscore on head-it of 1000+ you receive 2 special pokepuffs that are nicely decorated and have red ribbons around them

Quote Originally Posted by MorgothOfArda View Post
    If you get a highscore on head-it of 1000+ you receive 2 special pokepuffs that are nicely decorated and have red ribbons around them
    Cool, and for the Berry game, in the Unlimited version, you need to get a score of 100 or more for them... That's the only game I'm good at, lol.

I just can't get enough of this feature!
    Just love to give my pokemon High-five!
    The facial expression game works fine by me, of course if I am in a well-lit room. Some of the expressions are a little tricky though, but after a while the camera was able to recongnize all my expressions. The hardest ones for me are wide-smile an some of the tiliting + expressions. Anyway I love Pokemon Amie. Great feature for us who love to interact with our mons

Found it funny that touching the jewel on Auorus' head causes your hand to freeze ^^
    Top five favorite pokemon from each generation:

Normal Type Gym trainer

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5789-0631

Friend Safari Type: Poison; Seviper, Venomoth, and Toxicroak.

My amie doesn't recognise any of my smiles I can get all other expressions just fine but all the smiles just don't happen for me :/

I think pick a berry is so hard ! I can't get good score s on high level at all, head it is by far my favourite. This feature is so cool I hope it stays for future gens.
    All time favourites

friend code :2165 6376 4070

Quote Originally Posted by dbApplejack View Post
    Found it funny that touching the jewel on Auorus' head causes your hand to freeze ^^
    The jewels on its neck also cause this to happen.

I loved playing with Gardevoir and Glaceon.
    Pokemon Y---Trainer Name: Setsuna
    3DS FC: 5000-2960-1997--Friend Safari Type: Water (Frogadier, Gyarados, Krabby)
    Badges: 8/8 [Hall of Fame]--Location:Somewhere in Kalos

The minimum for this is 800. As long as you make it to that you're golden!

Some Pokemon like Axew and Noibat make rather awkward expressions when they're being pet in a spot they like.

I was under the impression they didn't like it until I noticed it was making a higher pitched sound.

I hate when they ask me to wink. I can't wink! D:<

I've had my pokemon make bizzare gestures when i leave the screen idle. Sometimes they look around, sometimes they smile for no reason. I've even had my Emolga reach out her arms as if she wanted a hug...she wanted a hug!

Also, how does one high five a pokemon that has no arms or reachable legs?
    Last edited by Trot Away; 22nd October 2013 at 5:45 AM.
    Darkness is just a friend you can't see!
    3DS FC: 4227 - 0729 - 3560

My ASB Profile

I've wanted this exact feature in Pokemon for so long! It's definitely my favorite thing in X&Y. But does calling your Pokemons name really work like suggested in the tutorial? I don't find any difference.
    I also wonder how I'm going to play with Zygarde when I catch it? I think it's impossible to highfive some Pokemon, like solosis, Trot Away.

Pokemon Y Version - Ask for friend code

I've noticed that until a Pokemon reaches one heart of affection, it won't display any interesting behavior at all. That is, touching/petting certain places won't generate different responses, nor will they display any idle animations or offer you a high-five.

I was also very surprised to find that contrary to what I initially thought, Hydreigon is actually one of the few fully evolved Pokemon who has the full range of different behaviors available to it. It'll sway in an adorably cheerful fashion or start falling asleep in midair if you idle, and even offers an awkward "high-five" if you hold the cursor to the screen (It starts snapping at you in a very unfriendly looking manner with its main head, but will be thrilled if you tap it while it's doing this).

I tried messing around with my team of five (Greninja, Venusaur, Haxorus, Manectric, and Yveltal) on numerous occasions, but Greninja was the only one who seemed to have an idle animation and Haxorus was the only one who'd ever doze off. None of would offer a high-five, either.

I really love this feature, plus if you keep giving your Pokemon affection and they have at least 3 hearts the battle text changes to something like "Nightwing is awaiting Raven's decision..." (Yep my Greninja is named Nightwing and I'm Raven. xD) It's so adorable to see the different text, it really makes you feel like your Pokemon is real. I suck at the yarn game though, and have yet to make it pass beginner. :V As for the other mini-games I've made it to Unlimited. The only Pokemon in my party that currently has 3 hearts is my Greninja, while my Snorlax, Blaziken, Talonflame, and Venusaur have two hearts and my Lucario only has one for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenfreak View Post
    I really love this feature, plus if you keep giving your Pokemon affection and they have at least 3 hearts the battle text changes to something like "Nightwing is awaiting Raven's decision..." (Yep my Greninja is named Nightwing and I'm Raven. xD) It's so adorable to see the different text, it really makes you feel like your Pokemon is real. I suck at the yarn game though, and have yet to make it pass beginner. :V As for the other mini-games I've made it to Unlimited. The only Pokemon in my party that currently has 3 hearts is my Greninja, while my Snorlax, Blaziken, Talonflame, and Venusaur have two hearts and my Lucario only has one for now.
    ^LOVE your names^
    This feature really makes your pokemon feel real. I loved in HG/SS that your pokemon followed you around and you could talk to them, but this takes the interaction to a whole new level.

I'm trying to evolve my eevee and I have to say this is the cutest thing in any pokemon game :3 I love it.

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Does anyone know what the exact increase in EXP is after gaining affection?
    3DS FC: 1719-4338-7555
    Pokemon X Friend Safari: Fighting Type - Pancham, Mankey, Tyrogue

As long as your total score (hits plus bonus) is at least 800, you'll get the deluxe Poke Puffs.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1 View Post
    Cool, and for the Berry game, in the Unlimited version, you need to get a score of 100 or more for them... That's the only game I'm good at, lol.
    I suck at the Berry game. I was lucky to get to 50. >_>;

And I still can't unlock the unlimited version of the puzzle game...

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

I've noticed that, and I've noticed that when your Pokemons hp is in the red, they turn to you and the battle text says "Regulus seems to be in a pinch, it looks like it might cry!" But I wonder what re reasoning behind this is? (My pryroar) Is it because you've gotten to know your pokemon and understand their feelings? And sometimes in the beginning of battle the pokemon shakes and text says "What will Cubone do?" and with other Pokemon it jumps and says their excited or that their waiting for me to tell them what I want them to do.

I've wondered why my one Pokemons affection never loses a single heart, ever. And shes always landing criticle hits or avoiding attacks because were in sync.

Pokemon Y Version - Ask for friend code

Having certain Pokemon for the puzzle game makes it so much easier. Something with a really easy-to-memorize shape like Electrode is far easier to piece together then something with a more complex design.

On a subject pertaining to the previous post I've made, the Pokemon I've noticed who are willing to do a high-five (Or something similar) are:

Pikachu
    Emolga
    The entire Eevee Line
    Riolu
    Axew
    Tyrogue
    Tyrunt
    Ninetales
    Hydreigon

All the other Pokemon I attempted this on simply stared blankly at the cursor with no further response, or at least made an amused or puzzled expression.

Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast