Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon-amie Thread

I was battling Team Flare's Boss over and over again to try and get an Yveltal with a good nature and I found out that you can pet your Pokemon during battle if they have max affection on Pokemon-amie by tapping the touch screen right after the opponent's fainting animation and before the experience is calculated.
    Pokemon Y---Trainer Name: Setsuna
    3DS FC: 5000-2960-1997--Friend Safari Type: Water (Frogadier, Gyarados, Krabby)
    Badges: 8/8 [Hall of Fame]--Location:Somewhere in Kalos

I love Pokemon Amie the benefits it was definitely worth all the time I did raising my team's affection. I was fighting a Graveller on Victory Road that used Explosion on me but my Nidoqueen managed to dodge it.

But I am weary of anything that could lower my Pokemon's affection even though I don't know what they are.
    My Friend Code: 3625 - 8659 - 5865

Friend Safari: Water Type - Bibarel, Wartortle, Frogadier

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Dranzer View Post
    I love Pokemon Amie the benefits it was definitely worth all the time I did raising my team's affection. I was fighting a Graveller on Victory Road that used Explosion on me but my Nidoqueen managed to dodge it.

But I am weary of anything that could lower my Pokemon's affection even though I don't know what they are.
    The benefits are definitely worth it! My Gardevoir shook itself awake when Drasna's Altaria used Sing on him. I also like it when they play "hide and seek" with you.

My friend and I were talking about this at work and we talked about how Jynx probably doesn't like having her boobs rubbed. We found out, yes she does like having her boobs rubbed. Clearly Pokemon wanted to have a few lols about where to pet

I spent most of my recent Pokemon playing time on Amie with my Mawile. I had kind of figured that touching the maw would be bad, but surprisingly it also doesn't like its ear-things touched either. She has yet to shake off a status effect, but having extra text, getting a critical and a little heart effect out of it made my day.
    3DS Friend Code:2337-4136-5473

Teams in a X/Y playthrough can change quickly! Here's what I have currently:
    Venusaur, Mawile, Meowstic(male), Farfetched, Lapras, Goodra

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Of Keys View Post
    My friend and I were talking about this at work and we talked about how Jynx probably doesn't like having her boobs rubbed. We found out, yes she does like having her boobs rubbed. Clearly Pokemon wanted to have a few lols about where to pet
    Gardevoir seems to have the same, erm...preferences. I have to admit, it was kind of awkward the first time I discovered it. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Snarkles View Post
    I spent most of my recent Pokemon playing time on Amie with my Mawile. I had kind of figured that touching the maw would be bad, but surprisingly it also doesn't like its ear-things touched either. She has yet to shake off a status effect, but having extra text, getting a critical and a little heart effect out of it made my day.
    None of that beats when your Pokemon endures a hit that should have been fatal out of love like my Glaceon did. That really touched my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Kataphrut View Post
    Gardevoir seems to have the same, erm...preferences. I have to admit, it was kind of awkward the first time I discovered it. :P
    I concur with this statement. Luckily, that awkwardness quickly went away.
    Pokemon Y---Trainer Name: Setsuna
    3DS FC: 5000-2960-1997--Friend Safari Type: Water (Frogadier, Gyarados, Krabby)
    Badges: 8/8 [Hall of Fame]--Location:Somewhere in Kalos

Honedge likes having its hilt petted.

It felt wrong.
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/5ydys1.jpg[/IMG]
    3DS FC: 0962-9471-3329

I wanna play with my egg. "You can't play with an egg, silly!" Why not? I wanna pet it and keep it warm so it hatches faster and the Pokemon is more friendly when it comes out.
    Nintendo, why you no do this?
    MINE, ALL MINE!

3DS: 1864-8881-2880 Giving away Masquerain, Butterfree and something else useless, probably.

I don't know if it has been talked about yet, but how do you high five your pokemon?
    Y FC- 5413-0952-2905
    Psychic type safari
    Name- Devon

Better SIG coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ace-of-aces View Post
    I don't know if it has been talked about yet, but how do you high five your pokemon?
    Hold the cursor on the screen for a while without touching your Pokemon, and make sure they have at least one heart of affection.

If they respond to this, then tap whatever part of their body it is they're moving to increase their playfulness. Some Pokemon like Hydreigon, Ekans, and Tyrunt are weird in that they like to give you a "high five" with their head.

The majority of Pokemon species simply won't do this, however. If they don't do anything other then stare at the cursor after about five seconds of keeping it on the screen, they'll never do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Of Keys View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snarkles View Post
    I spent most of my recent Pokemon playing time on Amie with my Mawile. I had kind of figured that touching the maw would be bad, but surprisingly it also doesn't like its ear-things touched either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
    I concur with this statement. Luckily, that awkwardness quickly went away.
    Quote Originally Posted by magentaman View Post
    Honedge likes having its hilt petted.

It felt wrong.
    As far as I can tell, Pokemon don't care where they're being pet as long as they're being pet, but don't enjoy being poked anywhere.

Most, if not all species have a spot that will make them mad if you pet them there, though sometimes it's small to the point of being barely noticeable. They also have a spot that they seem to like being pet in (Indicated by the higher pitched noise it makes when you do so), but I haven't noticed any differences in petting that spot vs. anywhere else.

However, they won't actually have different responses to being pet until they reach one heart of affection.

I can testify that Lucario doesn't like being rubbed on the nose. You'll notice because it'll give you a death glare if you even move your stylus over there...

If you suddenly move over there at certain times, it will growl loudly and try to smack you away. That sure startled me when it did. Evolution through friendship my butt!

Speaking of bad spots, Kengaskhan doesn't mind being rubbed, but the kid is ground zero...(although that might have been obvious...)

Ah, did i mention how fun i find this feature! It just goes to show that even the biggest, meanest, cruelest, most distant pokemon can open up to you if you try hard enough!
    Last edited by Trot Away; 24th October 2013 at 5:03 AM.
    Darkness is just a friend you can't see!
    3DS FC: 4227 - 0729 - 3560

My ASB Profile

I really hope they intend to keep Pokemon Amie along with Super Training as standard features in future games.

I think the main way they could improve on it is giving all of the Pokemon a similar amount of personality, since a lot of them are extremely dull due to how few reactions they have compared to other species.

I have no problem with Amie as such but my god is the camera recogntion bad. If they fix that I have no problem with Amie appearing in future games as well.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

The camera and the voice things don't work very well, even with Eevee. I mean, how many different ways can a person pronounce Eevee?
    However, Amie taught me Ralts has eyes. The professors are tight; there are so many mysteries yet to be discovered...
    MINE, ALL MINE!

3DS: 1864-8881-2880 Giving away Masquerain, Butterfree and something else useless, probably.

Oh, I had no idea that my pokes were reaching for a high-five! I assumed it was a sort of game, like a cat reaching its paw out at your hand(oh yeah, I have a cat somewhere, don't I..).
    It's pretty funny when the pokemon in question can't really reach you(Goodra). I was surprisingly touched when Mawile managed to survive a killing blow- I don't want it to happen again but it's nice to see it when it does. :P
    3DS Friend Code:2337-4136-5473

Teams in a X/Y playthrough can change quickly! Here's what I have currently:
    Venusaur, Mawile, Meowstic(male), Farfetched, Lapras, Goodra

Haha I love how Mewtwo gives you the death glare the moment you try to touch its head. It's like, 'You DARE look down on me, human?'

But I totally love Pokemon Amie with Mewtwo, especially given its tragic past. You're teaching it to learn to open up to others again =P

It's a little disappointing that a lot of Pokemon who do have arms of decent length can't give you a high-five, whereas others with stubby arms or even no arms at all can.

Particularly because it denies you an alternative method of raising their playfulness.
    Last edited by Rakurai; 24th October 2013 at 12:33 PM.

My main problem is that my favorite pokemon from my team, my pyroar, has max affection and so, I like to spend time feedign and pettign him, however, his main is off limits for petting, it burns your hand and makes pyroar upset, so that leaves me with his face only to pet, it's a pretty small area as compared to my other pokemon where anywhere is available for petting... It's sometimes difficult to avoid petting the main.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    As far as I can tell, Pokemon don't care where they're being pet as long as they're being pet, but don't enjoy being poked anywhere.
    Well... Pikachu does like some hardcore stuff according to Pokemon-Amie, doesn't it?

Hah! I just discovered something, when your really close to your Pokemon it says "(You) and (The Pokemon) are breathing exactly in sync" in the beginning of battle. I'm pretty positive that's the right wording.

Pokemon Y Version - Ask for friend code

Quote Originally Posted by MumzRoar View Post
    Hah! I just discovered something, when your really close to your Pokemon it says "(You) and (The Pokemon) are breathing exactly in sync" in the beginning of battle. I'm pretty positive that's the right wording.
    That's more touching than my Lucario feeling okay because of my scent... Eugh.

Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast