Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon-amie Thread

Oh, wanna know the Pokémon that simply has to be the most difficult to pet? A male Pyroar. Nearly everywhere burns you, seriously. O.o I just have to pet all the way down at it's paws to avoid brushing into the apparently really blazing mane. >.>
    3DS Friend Code: 0344 - 9488 - 0748 (Eric) Friend Safari Type: Normal. Pokémon: Dunsparce, Mincinno, Smeargle.
    Do feel free to add, just let me know so I can add you back! :3

Quote Originally Posted by Aerius_Sygale View Post
    Oh, wanna know the Pokémon that simply has to be the most difficult to pet? A male Pyroar. Nearly everywhere burns you, seriously. O.o I just have to pet all the way down at it's paws to avoid brushing into the apparently really blazing mane. >.>
    Try Slugma. It's impossible to pet one. And when I say impossible, I mean it. How the heck does one touch moving magma and get away with just a burn anyway ?

From what I've noticed, it seems as though all of the Pokemon who can high five have the super angry/annoyed animation I mentioned previously.

As with some other animations, they'll only exhibit it once they've gained a bit of affection, though. They'll just use the standard annoyed animation until then.

On an unrelated note, I feel obligated to play the face imitating game with every single serious/stoic Pokemon I train until I can see them make a proper smile. Some of them like Manectric and Garchomp are surprisingly adorable when they do so.
    Last edited by Rakurai; 11th November 2013 at 12:00 PM.

Unevolved quadrupeds like Poochyena and Growlithe have very cute animations, not sure which one more so between those two, Growlithe's playfulness is tough to surpass. ^_^

As for evolved, I adore Umbreon's tail wags, so want a shiny of that Pokémon. x3
    3DS Friend Code: 0344 - 9488 - 0748 (Eric) Friend Safari Type: Normal. Pokémon: Dunsparce, Mincinno, Smeargle.

I just love Pokemon Amie! Favorite feature in all of the Pokemon games (to me even better than Pokemon following or the PokeWalker)... all of the expressions, anger movements (when petting in an area the Pokemon doesn't like being petted), that annoyed look (when I accidentally dropped a PokePuff - or when I stopped petting them my arm does get tired after a while), I especially love all the 'happy moves' a Pokemon does when it gets affection (the hearts going up - especially with Floatzel and Zigzagoon).

I love all the little details that went into Pokemon Amie.

Mienfoo & Mienshao are my favorite in Amie animation. It doesn't like it's nose or paws touched..... slashed away with her (Mienfoo/Mienshao was a female in my game) claws.... I was surprised at first. I had ton a fun playing with Mienfoo, and equally fun when she evolved.
    Also during battles, before the battle starts, I love when she looked back at me and text said something about 'having high trust with trainer' or 'Pokemon trust trainer about a winning plan (something related to that)' that made me smile the most - in my mind, my Mienfoo/Mienshao does trust me. At times after winning the battle a heart appears and the text says something about me and the Pokemon in sync as one. Those little details made it more fun and rewarding for me.

Thanks to the animations and Pokemon reactions, made more excited to see how all Pokemon react.

One more thing I was going to mention I forgot about until a few moments ago - at first I was a bit concerned/worried when one of my Pokemon (with high affection) fainted in battle that it's affection would drop, when I checked after a revive that it had not lowered affection, it made that worried feeling go away.

Also thanks to the Pokemon Amie's high critical hit rates and Pokemon avoiding opponent's moves, made my Watchog defeat two mega Pokemon! Lysandre's MegaGyarados and the champions (forgot her name something like Diantha, or Daina) MegaGardevoir.
    Last edited by LiepardTrainer; 11th November 2013 at 3:27 PM. Reason: just realized I forgot a word, so it might have made post a bit confusing.
    Watchog's #1 Fan!!
    PokeMustelid & PokeFelines too!

FC: 4871-3995-3493 - Pokemon Y IGN: Maria
    Steel Safari Pokemon: Magneton Skarmory, and Excadrill

Quote Originally Posted by LiepardTrainer View Post
    Also thanks to the Pokemon Amie's high critical rates
    Now if only Pokemon could be intelligent and not Amie-Crit on things you need to catch. The one downside to that little side effect.

I'm curious if Amie is something that will continue into future Pokemon games, given the number of features that they seem to leave behind after each generation/game (I still want those Toggled Running Shoes back, HG/SS!)
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

True, Draco. Darn, I'd miss Pokémon-amie... >.< And Super Training is -very- convenient for getting the desired EVs, plus the Regimen music is kind of cool, heh.

I'd say we best make the most of such new features, as who knows which may or may not return in future Pokémon games. ^^'

Certainly if Pokémon-amie returns in a future Pokémon game, they could stand to add options to be able to change zoom level and camera angle, I mean the control stick isn't set to do anything. xP

Pokemon Amie and Super Training were amazing ideas. I think they should be continued an updated.
    (Face Recognition)
    If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.

I think face recognition should be fixed a bit. I can't play some of the face imitation games properly because the camera I think doesn't catch my face or something. >.<
    Pokemon-amie is such a good addition though! Luxray is soooo my favorite at the moment. I just wish it could high five. xD

Image by もちづき
    ...Your tender smile and our petty squabbles...
    Just how much are all those supposed to have toughened me up?

What is this high five you guys speak of? I don't believe I've experienced that in Pokémon-amie. :O

What is this high five you guys speak of? I don't believe I've experienced that in Pokémon-amie. :O
    Hold the pointer next to a Pokémon. It will try to high-five you (or, actually, slap the pointer). Some Pokémon can high-five while others have their own variations.

Oh, cute, that's new to me, thanks for that information! I'll have to experiment, I wonder what some big, burly Pokémon like Charizard and Aggron do. Do any lick the hand? xP Real dogs certainly do, heh...
    Last edited by Aerius_Sygale; 11th November 2013 at 9:39 PM. Reason: Typo fix

Oh, cute, that's new to me, thanks for that information! I'll have to experiment, I wonder what some big, burly Pokémon like Charizard and Aggron do. Do any lick the hand? xP Real dogs certainly do, heh...
    I've tried to do a high-five with my Charizard but he just stares at my hand without doing anything...kind of disappointing since his arms are definitely long enough. Gardevoir doesn't do a high-five either, as far as I can tell. But Lucario does do it, and acts adorably happy when it works!

Speaking of Gardevoir, it (literally cannot remember the gender of mine right now) has the most beautiful animation for saying hello and after it's finished eating a PokePuff - sort of a graceful little curtsy. Really doesn't like its "skirt" being touched, though. That was the first thing I tried to pet and it acted very defensive.
    Trying to fill my X Pokedex! Please PM me for my Friend Code if you'd like.
    My Friend Safari is Ghost with Shuppet, Pumpkaboo, and Spiritomb.

Well that's amusing. xD Too bad about Charizard though, but I guess I'm not too surprised. >.> Ah, I'll have to try that with Lucario. ^.^

Golurk's pretty cool in Pokemon Amie. He sort of temporarily powers down and flickers off his yellow glowy bits if you pet the seal on his chest or take his food away when he's hungry. He also has an unusually long wait time after feeding or petting him before you can interact with him again.
    3DS Friend Code: 1864 - 8413 - 3256

So since fire burns your hand when you try petting it, and slugma is made entirely of lava, how could this not end badly?
    Timezone: -8 GMT

Willing to help complete pokedexes for free(so long as the amount of pokemon is not deemed to be unreasonable)

First full pokedex (4th gen, 493/493) July 16, 2013.
    Second full pokedex (5th gen, 649/649) November 10, 2013

6th gen pokedex was easy....i just transferred everything with pokemon bank in under an hour, but no decent post game so I was bored enough to organize all my boxes by national dex number...still have over 3.5 million and nothing to spend it on, wish i could buy BP

Once pokemon bank came out i stranded myself at the pokemon league with only a lv1 shiny magikarp
        Spoiler:- Friend Safari:

Vivillon pattern is High Plains

I'm only to grant but my tyrunt has 4 hearts! And he shook off paralyzation for me! This is the greatest feature pokemon has ever made.

I love how they'll react if you say their name.

^My brother said that about gardevoir too.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

IMPOSTER DITTO-Pm for offers

I hate how we cant do pokemon-amie on our mega pokemon. I want to see mega charizard x in amie!
    White 2 Friend code : 1508-0208-9881
    Pokémon X Friend Code: 0275-7830-7079

Quote Originally Posted by Mi-tan View Post
    I've tried to do a high-five with my Charizard but he just stares at my hand without doing anything...kind of disappointing since his arms are definitely long enough. Gardevoir doesn't do a high-five either, as far as I can tell. But Lucario does do it, and acts adorably happy when it works!

Speaking of Gardevoir, it (literally cannot remember the gender of mine right now) has the most beautiful animation for saying hello and after it's finished eating a PokePuff - sort of a graceful little curtsy. Really doesn't like its "skirt" being touched, though. That was the first thing I tried to pet and it acted very defensive.
    Laughing sso hard at this because I think Gamefreak knew what would happen.

Miju xD

Tip: Gabite seems to like having it's elbow fin things petted, but don't pet it's torso. >.> Looking forward to going into Pokémon-Amie once it has evolved into Garchomp. ^.^

My face recognition doesn't work at all.
    Any help?
    3DS friend code 2595-0644-0358 | Trade shop

Come check out Nerfo Destiny forums! A place for gamers, developers, and anyone looking for some fun to chat and play!
    We aren't much yet, but we need your help to grow!

Click here
    Allons-y!

Its kind of interesting to see how your pokemon look back at you before you start a battle after maxing out the affection guage...although I am starting to find it a bit annoying now. Dont know if thats a good thing or bad thing...

Let there be HAIL!

B/W FC: 3912 1280 0747
    B2W2 FC: 5158 0898 6591

3DS FC: 5026 4831 0186
    X&Y Safari with

Spoiler:- Current Total Shinies:

Why would that annoy you, Ivory? O.o

I can see why it would get a little annoying over time - the animation tends to take a little while, and I'm a pretty impatient player, so I find myself just constantly tapping on the screen with my stylus to get to the battle menu. I prefer the moments when Charizard lands a critical hit and the little heart wafts up from his head, or when my "hand" pats him on the head.
    Trying to fill my X Pokedex! Please PM me for my Friend Code if you'd like.
    My Friend Safari is Ghost with Shuppet, Pumpkaboo, and Spiritomb.

Quote Originally Posted by Mi-tan View Post
    I can see why it would get a little annoying over time - the animation tends to take a little while, and I'm a pretty impatient player, so I find myself just constantly tapping on the screen with my stylus to get to the battle menu. I prefer the moments when Charizard lands a critical hit and the little heart wafts up from his head, or when my "hand" pats him on the head.
    Aw, I think its cute. Especially the healing saying. "Karoo (My tyrunt) is thrilled to bits!" He's my pokemon all right. Also the "looking at you with trusting eyes" is heartwarming. Can't wait till he evolves tomorrow morning, those sayings will also become funny.

Anybody else love when they lean into the amie screen? The upside down is my fave.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

IMPOSTER DITTO-Pm for offers

Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast