Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon-amie Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Yusuf View Post
    Get a Fairy-type move as well, either Charm or Baby-Doll Eyes.
    Lol I was going to ask the same question. Awesome. It takes forever to get to that last heart. My Braxien isn't even there yet

I am thinking on the possibility that affection and happiness is 2 different system which might explain why some pokemon refuse to evolve despite having max affection...hmmm.... Well this will drive me nuts...

It makes sense that a pokemon's affection is related to its happiness; and from the word here, that has proven true on a couple of occasions. One question I have is the same as another trainer on page 4. If my pokemon has max stats in its Amie and I put it in the PC; will it lose those stats over time? How about when walking around and not continuing to play?

Can one, potentially, get their team up to 100, EV train, Do Amie, and be ready to battle? Or will they need to continue to use Amie to keep their pokemon sharp?
    Now previewing Haunted Eve Monsters for Halloween! Check them out at Facebook. and pick up Mystical: Kingdom of Monsters at Drivethru RPG. New Class (the Monster Trainer), 6 archetypes, 154 monsters, feats, magic, and so much more. Feel free to PM for more information about this game/world.

You can't pet a Slugma. I tried. :C
    3DS Friend Code: 5069-4585-1055
    SV: 1845
    Flying-type (Tropius, Farfetch'd and Swanna)

Malcolm-M's question is also mine. We'd both like to know.

My starter has remained at five hearts of affection despite me not interacting with it hardly at all since I maxed it out extremely early in the game, so I don't think it decreases.

Quote Originally Posted by HEB View Post
    You can't pet a Slugma. I tried. :C
    I can't help but wonder if this applies to petting it in battle (Rub the touchscreen after you KO an opponent), as well.

So I was playing around with my Golbat the other day on pokemon amie. I haven't really looked anything up yet regarding the feature so I didn't know if it increased happiness or not. My golbat finally evolved around level 38 but i still don't know about the happiness, does anyone know if pokemon amie directly effects happiness or not? if so it would be rather useful in combination with the soothe bell for evolving my azurill and budew xD
    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." -Karen

Spoiler:- CG Stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm_n View Post
    It makes sense that a pokemon's affection is related to its happiness; and from the word here, that has proven true on a couple of occasions. One question I have is the same as another trainer on page 4. If my pokemon has max stats in its Amie and I put it in the PC; will it lose those stats over time? How about when walking around and not continuing to play?
    I'll let you know. I maxed out my Azurill's happiness (in attempts to get a Marill, but I got one through the GTS), and soon thereafter I put it into my PC. Don't plan on touching in anymore, so we'll see.

I wonder what will happen if you try to pet a Grimer or Muk?
    You are Loki! Loki is a Frost Giant. The god of mischief and trickery. He killed his friend Baldr and will lead the giants in starting Ragnarök (the end of the world)

The Shiny Charm is MINE!

Think you can take on the Night?

...How exactly do I check my Pokemon's Mon-Amie Affection, anyway? Like, is there a button I press on the touch screen while in Mon-Amie Mode to see how many points I have in Affection, or is there something that pops up when you're on the main screen (i.e. top screen shows your character and the overworld) and have Mon-Amie on the bottom screen, or can you see it when you're looking at your Pokemon's stats/moves/etc. from the main menu, or do I have to find and ask an NPC like how there's a Friendship Checker? How can I know if/when it's maxed out?

Also, another bump for somebody to please find an answer for me & Malcom-M's question.

Nevermind, found out how to check Mon-Amie stats. Still want a definitive answer on whether or not boxing my Pokemon for a while, or even just walking around and not Mon-Amie-ing for a while, will make my Affection stat decrease.

I just went to play with my two pokemon on pokemon amie, and it said that I needed three pokemon in good condition. Does anyone know why that is?

I've discovered that I'm actually pretty good at the Berry-Picking minigame; on Unlimited mode, my current High Score is 135.

Also, the music for "Head It" is UNBELIEVABLY catchy.
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4597-0632-8038
    X & Y FRIEND SAFARI POKEMON: Paras, Masquerain, Venomoth

X Version Shinies:
    Y Version Shinies:

Not sure if anybody cares/knows this but the High Score on Head It Unlimited is 999. You get really awesome Poke Puffs from doing it too. It has the treat on top and a bunch of icing all around the Puff.
    You are Loki! Loki is a Frost Giant. The god of mischief and trickery. He killed his friend Baldr and will lead the giants in starting Ragnarök (the end of the world)

The Shiny Charm is MINE!

Think you can take on the Night?

So, I tried out Amie on my Absol after I found out that affection helps increase crit rate. My Absol has Psycho Cut, Night Slash, Slash and Sword Dance. Ability: Super Luck. With max affection (been testing this since yesterday) my Absol has crit. Every. Hit. I stopped counting after it surpassed 100, which was yesterday. Since then it has continued to crit non-stop. I have probably passed 200 crits in a row at this point. If these Amie bonuses effect wifi battles then competitive play is done; it'll literally turn into who can crit who first and for enough damage to 1 shot.

It's been confirmed that Amie doesn't apply to multiplayer or the Battle Maison.

On a related note, I always get a kick out of seeing all the different facial expressions each Pokemon can exhibit when you interact with them. They really did a lot more in that regard then I was expecting.

Manectric's extremely unamused look it gives you if you touch its muzzle makes me snicker, as does Goomy's tendency to hold its mouth agape awkwardly while you circle the cursor around its head.

I was playing with my Eevee today (recently evolved it into Jolteon, but more on that later): if you hold the cursor down on the screen beyond Eevee's body, it will open its mouth and watch. Hold it there long enough and it will raise its right paw. I've found that you can then swipe the cursor across its raised paw and give it a "high five" of sorts. It helps raise enjoyment or whatever it is two notes at a time. Jolteon also does this.

I can't seem to get a reaction similar out of any other pokemon on my team currently (Delphox, Vivillon, Dunsparce, Blastoise, Pigeot).

So I've got my Main Team all up to 5 Hearts (MAX). However, as I said, I tend to rotate my team to fit various situations, and would like to put some of them into the PC so I can Mon-Amie the rest of my fighters*. But, as we still haven't got a definitive answer, I'm worried that their Affection score will steadily decrease with time as they're in the PC while I work on my others. Do we know for sure whether or not that'll happen?

* Except Kadabra, because I'm assuming that Affection, like Friendship/Happiness, resets to zero when traded, and I'm looking for someone to perform with me a "back-and-forth trade", where I send them my Kadabra to evolve it, and then they send it right back, while I do the same with whatever they sent to me.

X Version Shinies:
    Y Version Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Tariss63 View Post
    I was playing with my Eevee today (recently evolved it into Jolteon, but more on that later): if you hold the cursor down on the screen beyond Eevee's body, it will open its mouth and watch. Hold it there long enough and it will raise its right paw. I've found that you can then swipe the cursor across its raised paw and give it a "high five" of sorts. It helps raise enjoyment or whatever it is two notes at a time. Jolteon also does this.

I can't seem to get a reaction similar out of any other pokemon on my team currently (Delphox, Vivillon, Dunsparce, Blastoise, Pigeot).
    I just got it to work with sylveon (no supprise) and pikachu. Inkay, Lapras, talonflame and ivysaur just open their mouths and stare. Maybe they need front legs, maybe dog based pokemon are better?

I'm thinking they probably just limited it to the popular Pokemon. I'll try it with my Manectric just in case, though...

On a related note, I'm glad you can actually touch the heads of tall Pokemon like Yveltal. You just have to take out a Pokepuff briefly to get the camera to shift.

EDIT: Manectric just stares at the cursor, too. Guess it is just limited to popular Pokemon.
    Last edited by Rakurai; 17th October 2013 at 12:26 AM.

New berry-picking high score: 160

Also, I will soon find out the hard way whether or not Mon-Amie 'Affection' stats (i.e. Hearts) decrease with time. I just put three Pokemon with max-out Affection (5 Hearts) into the PC so I can work on three other Pokemon. Once I've got the new three maxed out, it'll be the moment of truth when I check my boxed Pokemon's Affection scores. Fingers crossed, knock on wood, and all that sh*t.

X Version Shinies:
    Y Version Shinies:

My Eevee just evolved into Sylveon at level 11 knowing Baby-Doll Eyes and having only two Affection.

Why does this evolution seem so inconsistent?
    3DS Friend Code: 1118-0538-5698

God... I'm currently trying to maximize the affection of my 6 Pokémon in the Pokémon-Amie, and wow, it's very long indeed!
    I sepnt like 15 minutes on my Slurpuff, petting him like no tomorrow (on the soft spot!), giving him the best-looking Poképuffs with love and played games with it... only to gain one heart in Affection, putting it to two hearts in Affection! I did manage to get my Chesnaught to a full affection and my Talonflame is only missing one heart.
    Am I doing something wrong, or do anyone has advices to help me ? Thanks!

Also... the smiley always appears on the bottom left of my screen. I don't know how to make funny faces with my Pokémon... Does anyone know how ?
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 17th October 2013 at 2:16 AM.
    Water 水 - Earth 土 - Fire 火 - Air 气 - Spirits 神靈 - Change 易 - Balance 平衡
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account

Quote Originally Posted by Guywhoiam View Post
    My Eevee just evolved into Sylveon at level 11 knowing Baby-Doll Eyes and having only two Affection.

That is really interesting. Mine evolved at level 29 with cute charm I believe. It had max affection several levels before then but maybe it doesn't require maximum affection.

Quote Originally Posted by Guywhoiam View Post

What's inconsistent about that?
    Requirement: affection >= 2 and knows at least 1 fairy move and levelup.

Ingame name: Elro
    FC: 2148-8231-4985
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Teddiursa Minccino 3rd: Ditto
    Friendlist currently full, can only sneak in people who have a straight-up better/more interesting safari than the ones I already have.

Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast