Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon X & Y Music Appreciation Thread

Default Pokémon X & Y Music Appreciation Thread

Discuss the beautiful soundtrack of Pokémon X & Y in here.

All posts should be constructive and contain ideas, support/elaborate their ideas, and must contribute to the discussions and/or on-going arguments. One-liner posts such as "I agree.", "I want [this] to be in the game!", "This sucks!" will all be considered spam and will be deleted.

Pokémon X & Y Super Music Collection will be released this November 13th, 2013. The soundtrack will have 4CDs and will contain a total of 212 tracks. It also comes with a full-color 28-page booklet with notes from GameFreak's sound team.

.: It's time... | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Champion theme is love.

Santalune forest is the best forest theme in the series.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

I haven't listened to much of the music yet because I want to experience it as I play, but I did listen to the trainer battle theme all the way through and I was really impressed. It sort of reminded me of the battle music of some of the older generations, whereas Gen 5 and to a lesser extent Gen 4 has a slightly different sound. Really looking forward to the soundtrack release.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    Champion theme is love.

Santalune forest is the best forest theme in the series.
    An awesome Champion gets an awesome theme. I'm holding off on listening to the route/town themes though. Don't want to spoil everything for myself.

I don't know, not been super impressed with the majority of tracks I've heard, reminds me of B2/W2 in many aspects, and I'm not a fan of the tracks in those games either besides the old Gym Leader and Champion themes. Some of the tracks get a little too techno-ish for me.

I will say that I think the Xerneas battle theme is great though. I hope the soundtrack will grow on me.

I'm overly attached to Team Flare Grunt music. Other than that, I definitely like Elite Four and Champion battle. It feels like anime-ish music, where the battle is intense but you're not stopping during battle to listen the music, the tone never gets ahead of the battle. They did a perfect job.

POKÉMON ALPHA SAPPHIRE | IGN: ASTRID | 3DS FC: 2165 - 6014 - 0811

My favourite music so far from Kalos is the wild Pokémon battle and the Rival battle theme.

The battle themes are great! Especially the gym leaders' and the elite four's... Even the trainer's theme is epic, which could also pass for a champion's theme. I also love Santalune city's theme. It sounds a bit cowboy-ish which I think makes it enjoyable to listen to.

Spoiler:- Past Pokemon Teams:

Pokemon Y

Luminose city.. is simply breathtaking

Infact most town themes are
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

sorry to be that guy but where can I listen to the champion battle theme and the team flare grunt theme and gym leader battle theme?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

I am noticing that all the music thus gen sound a wee bit similar.
    In fact, it was the same in 5th gen, there seems to be a shared motif throughout most of the game.
    I like it!
    We all make mistakes, but the biggest one we can make is not learning from them.

Quote Originally Posted by weavile606 View Post
    sorry to be that guy but where can I listen to the champion battle theme and the team flare grunt theme and gym leader battle theme?
    Here it is. You can also find the other tracks in his videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtyfIAk8bhU

POKÉMON ALPHA SAPPHIRE | IGN: ASTRID | 3DS FC: 2165 - 6014 - 0811

I've decided I won't spoil the Elite four and Champion themes, but I did listen to the gym themes. If they are any indication as to how the other themes will sound... oh god, I think I might die of amazing.

Thank you based Turpoo

I like Trainer Battle Music. It remind me of Pokemon Heroes where Ash being chased by the fossil pokemon. The Champion them sound upbeat and nice

Lyndell's 3DS XL: 2380 2934 0909
    Bug Safari:
    Pokemon X Lyndell

Woah... I actually LIKE the bike music?

That has never happened. I have always hated the bike music.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

by far I listened to all of them and the team flare and the team flare boss one is the best

Team Flare http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKd0i2t5ZbY
    Team Flare Boss http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nm8OYutl0co

All Music http://http://www.youtube.com/user/u...1backup/videos
    Last edited by demson12; 10th October 2013 at 9:53 PM.

The music sounds amazing from the videos on YouTube! Very prof Layton at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post
    Woah... I actually LIKE the bike music?

That has never happened. I have always hated the bike music.
    That must have been pretty lame considering how the bike is the fastest way to travel.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Luminose City's theme didn't impress me much. I thought that because it was a big city its BGM would slay, but it did nothing for me. The Team Flare grunt battle theme is amazing though. It keeps growing on me and I think it's on-par with the Team Plasma grunt battle theme now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    That must have been pretty lame considering how the bike is the fastest way to travel.
    During the climax of Black 2, I accidentally hopped on my bike. Needless to say, it sort of broke composition.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Luminose City's theme didn't impress me much. I thought that because it was a big city its BGM would slay, but it did nothing for me. The Team Flare grunt battle theme is amazing though. It keeps growing on me and I think it's on-par with the Team Plasma grunt battle theme now.
    I still don't understand how the hell people constantly keep calling it luminose city. it's LUMIOSE.

anyway I have to say I'm not all that impressed with the battle music. it's a shame that they revealed the good ones early on and gave my high hopes for the soundtrack but so far I don't think the champion, e4, or evil team boss music captures the theme. then again, it's probably going to feel different listening to it with 3D battles for the first time but just the music alone so far hasn't been my favorite. the ones I absolutely love are the trainer battle theme and the gym battle theme.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Snowbelle & Anistar City's Music... just wow.
    Last edited by GreenEyes; 11th October 2013 at 3:33 AM.

I love Route 15's theme! Absolutely amazing!
    Also Dendemille Town! <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragalge View Post
    We'll get Mega Flygon/Milotic when Roy gets his job back in SSB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disaster_Lord View Post
    Welcome to the Internet, enjoy your Ridley on smash claims, now with fairy type add on for 20% extra coolness factor.

The power plant music sounds a little too cutesy imo; I guess I figured it would sound a bit more mysterious like the Virbank Complex music in B2/W2. Also, I expected the Kanto Legendary Pokemon theme to be just a generic remixed version of the original, but it turned out a lot better than expected. It sounds fresh yet it still retains the original notes.

So one thing I noticed about the soundtrack is that it seems that GF is trying to go for a more atmospheric soundtrack. I think this direction is most apparent in the Gym leader music and in Santalune forest's track. It's a direction that might drive some people away, but I think it'll work out fine when everyone plays the game.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast