Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon X & Y Music Appreciation Thread

GF has really outdone themselves with the game's soundtrack.

The overworld themes (routes and cities) are amazingly beautiful. I also love the variety of styles and arrangements. The battle themes on the other hand, are not as impressive as I thought it should be, but still great nonetheless. The rip of the tracks posted on Youtube doesn't have the best quality (too much treble, and lacks bass) so I'd wait for the whole soundtrack before I make more judgments.

Overall, this game, so far, has the most beautiful overworld themes in any Pokemon game. I still prefer B2W2 in terms of Battle themes. And I'm actually impressed with the bike theme.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

They have been getting mixed reactions (certain YTubers that make Fanmade Pokemon music not liking some batttle themes called one lazy and said lol (never again).

The Kanto Legendary one.

I like the first town and Lumiose Cith the most.

I actually like the remix of the Kanto Legendary Theme, and I liek the fact that they used chiptunes for the main melody.
    It's basically a throwback to the original RBY theme.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

I like the Kanto remix. They called back the old one while adding a really cool sounding bassline.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

I can't get into the Dendemille Town theme at all; in my opinion, it just sounds too much like the Icirrus City BGM. Snowbelle City's music is cute though. It gives me PMD vibes.

I just listened to most of what's available of the soundtrack on YouTube, and I have to say that this soundtrack is considerably more hit-or-miss with me than the nearly flawless brilliance that was Generation V's soundtrack was. I dislike that there do not appear to be individualized Gym themes, as I thought that was one of B2W2's best implementations. I also miss the "Gym Leader's Last Pokémon"-style theme, which, in my opinion, always added a lot of tension and grandeur to the Gym Leader matches, but since the awful, momentum-slaughtering "Low Health Theme" is also gone, I suppose I could say that the matter has been equalized, and I can live with that. Additionally, I am trying to be a bit more lenient with this soundtrack since it was their first time doing a fully-orchestrated soundtrack for the main series games and as such, may not have found their footing yet. But with that being said, there are a number of successes, and I can only see it getting better from here.

The tracks that I am particularly fond of are:
    -Xerneas/Yveltal Battle Theme
    -Team Flare Grunt/Boss Battle Themes (Although it took me a little while to... warm up... to this one. I will not apologize.)
    -Champion Battle Theme
    -Wild Pokémon Battle Theme
    -Snowbelle City Theme
    -Anistar City Theme
    -Geosenge Town Theme
    -Shalour City Theme
    -Victory Road Theme
    -Power Plant Theme
    -Santalune Forest Theme
    -Route 1 Theme
    -Route 19 Theme
    -Professor Sycamore Encounter Theme
    -Bike Theme (SOOO much better than Gen V's... that was one of the very few Gen V tracks that I absolutely hated.)

The tracks that I am not very keen on are:
    -Gym Leader Battle Theme
    -Elite Four Battle Theme
    -Korrina (Non-Gym) Battle Theme
    -Camphrier Town Theme
    -Santalune City Theme
    -Vaniville Town Theme
    -Gym Theme
    -Cave Theme
    -Route 2 Theme
    -Professor Sycamore Lab Theme

And I'm torn on Lumiose City theme. On one hand, it's a perfectly fine theme, but on the other, I could easily see it becoming very annoying, especially considering how big Lumiose City is.
    Last edited by Endolise; 12th October 2013 at 4:56 AM.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

I'm in love with route 15, i have never heard anything more epic in my life "when it comes to pokemon"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANamw2Fs6VY
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

Oh my god. I'm in love with the Team Flare Grunt Battle Music. Wow!
    Last edited by outoftheordinary; 11th October 2013 at 7:19 AM.
    *yawn*

X Team

- Greninja (Water/Dark)
    - Pangoro (Fighting/Dark)
    - Tyrantrum (Rock/Dragon)
    - Talonflame (Fire/Flying)
    - Aegislash (Steel/Ghost)
    - Pikachu (Electric)

The legendary theme for Xerneas/Yveltal/Zygarde sounds so epic and grand. Especially the beginning, making it seem very...."final".
    Top five favorite pokemon from each generation:

Normal Type Gym trainer

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5789-0631

Friend Safari Type: Poison; Seviper, Venomoth, and Toxicroak.

The soundtrack is released the day before my B day. I like the wild battle theme and the Team Flare theme.
    1 MORE DAY I CAN DO THIS THING!!!

For now, I'm absolutely in love with the general musical atmosphere of the game. Also I love the contrast between the map and the battle tunes. Electric guitar for the win !

From what I have heard, X/Y has a very nice track with classic songs even remixed a bit,such as in battle!
    I can only hope they bring back that item like in heartgold/soulsilver for full on GB music =D!
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/oirhjp.png[/IMG]

Spoiler: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw27O3naS-o

50 seconds in people. 50 seconds in.

Just keep on Pandering gamefreak. I Love it.
    Last edited by EmphaticPikachu; 11th October 2013 at 2:48 PM.
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Lumiose City. That is all. I'm off to play the game some more
    Shine bright like a diamond

My FC is 4785-4568-5063. I have a Dark type Friend Safari (Absol - Justified, Crawdaunt - Adaptability, Mightyena - Moxie). If you add me, send me a message with your FC. (Currently looking for Ivysaur and Eevee safaris.)

Emily101's Shiny Chaining Guide (foolproof!)

Quote Originally Posted by (P.O.K.E.M.O.N) View Post
    I'm in love with route 15, i have never heard anything more epic in my life "when it comes to pokemon"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANamw2Fs6VY
    omg this is just so omg

3DS FC: 1693 1069 1732
    Dream Suite Address: 5300 - 2139 - 7204

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    I actually like the remix of the Kanto Legendary Theme, and I liek the fact that they used chiptunes for the main melody.
    It's basically a throwback to the original RBY theme.
    UUughghghguhuhg. Chiptune. I haven't listened to any of the music besides the Trainer Battle because it's the one thing that I want to experience as I play, so I'm really looking forward to getting to this point.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I am really determined to experience the music as I play and not ruin everything for myself beforehand like with B/W2, but what I've heard so far playing the game is pretty impressive. I'm only just past Lumiose City and none of the tracks particularly stand out to me, but it's a very nice soundtrack so far. The Pokemart theme in Aquacorde really made me smile, though.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

I absolutely love the bells of the Champion's theme. After the disappointing themes of Alder and Iris, I'm just so excited.

I love the Xerneas battle theme (I guess its Yveltal's and Zygarde's too?). I just listened to it on Youtube
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Ive only listened to the Gym Leader battle music and the music to battle Zygrade. Both were good, but the Gym Leader music is very catchy. I still have the tune in my head. This will make Gyms very enjoyable for me. I might just stall the Gym Battle simply to listen to the music. I did that all the time back in 2002-2004 XD

Edit: Music to battle to can really make the difference. It's one of the things that kinda motivates me in Battle Frontiers, I battle to listen to those Frontier Brains music, and for the prints too.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Do they still have music for when the gym leaders are down to 1 Pokemon, or when your Pokemons health is low? I hated those in 5th gen because it ruined epic battles.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    Do they still have music for when the gym leaders are down to 1 Pokemon, or when your Pokemons health is low? I hated those in 5th gen because it ruined epic battles.
    I also hated that. I especially hated it when fighting Alder and the Unova Elite Four, they had some great battle music and then they score a critical hit and then the music goes all panic mode, ruining the vibe. I know my Pokemon is low on health. That's what the alarm bell is for. I also didn't like that cheesy music that played when you got the Gym Leader down to one Pokemon. The music they had going was good enough. I hope Kalos doesn't have all that.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

I LOVE the new Elite 4 theme ( and the new elite 4 in general ) I think it's the best sounding one yet!
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

I absolutely love the Team Flare themes. The Victory Road may very well be the very best in the series, until Gen VII. I'm also very fond of the Cave theme.

I'll listen to the rest of the game's music when I get the game tomorrow.

Just listened to the Route 19, Gym Leader battle, and Elite Four battle themes. I liked the Route 19 BGM; it's nothing too special but it sounds fresh and adventurous at least. The Gym Leader battle and Elite Four battle themes on the other hand, did nothing for me. I usually get excited when I listen to battle themes because they're meant to pump your adrenaline, but these seemed subpar imo.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast