Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon X & Y Music Appreciation Thread

The Team Flare Grunt theme, rival battle, and gym leader themes are all great! GF really out did themselves.

Team Flare leader theme is freaking amazing. As is gym leader, E4, Champion, basically every song in this game is awesome.
    http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=35776

i'm pretty sure i just found the most hilarious pogeymanz are satan discussion ever

The Kalos Powerplant song is great!
    Currently not playing any Pokemon Games, you can check my Backloggery for games that I AM playing, if you're interested:

If I'm playing a Pokemon game, I'll have my signature display the game I'm playing, current team, and badge number.

I love pretty much all of the music in this game, it no longer seems like it is being restrained by the hardware.
    I like Metagross, and I used to claim it!
    Spheal with it.

Spoiler:- 3DS Friend Code:

Flare Grunt + boss are great.
    So is Gym Leader theme.

Was a tiny bit disappointed with Yveltal's theme, but it's still great.

Hope the E4 and Champion themes are good.
    Probably will face them tomorrow.

I love coumarine music. I wish I can live there.
    Shinies-
    Post game status- Filling dex up, Shiny hunting

Safari type- Normal Safari with Audino, Teddiursa and Chansey
    FC-4012-3885-7486

I hate to say it, but the Team Flare grunts' theme isn't too great. I was expecting something more intense from them.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

I really enjoy the Pokemon Center theme in this game. The guitar is really beautiful and is more relaxing and laid back that it ever was in past gens. Kudos to Game Freak on that one.
    Latest Shiny!

Chain fish in Cyllage City in Pokemon X!

3DS FC: 4682 - 8902 - 8849
    PM me if you decide to add me. Psychic Friend Safari with Xatu, Munna and Espurr.

I love the 'rising star' and 'ace trainer' theme, it has a pop/rock feel to it
    I will always be a fan of The Collective, I'm a Collector! <3

If anyone needs version exclusive Pokemon for either X or Y, contact me and I'll catch one for you. Any pokemon. Even the item exclusive like Mewtwonite Y or X
    I wanna help ^^

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    I hate to say it, but the Team Flare grunts' theme isn't too great. I was expecting something more intense from them.
    I thought the same at first, but it grew on me. I think it's a great song, personally. What disappointed me was how the leader's theme was too similar. It was great theme in itself, but I was expecting the song to be more unique.

The gym leader theme, as well as every song from Victory Road to the end were amazing, though.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Wow, Anistar City's theme is absolutely gorgeous. As soon as I arrived in the city, I just stopped walking to appreciate it. I love it.
    Last edited by outoftheordinary; 14th October 2013 at 8:01 AM.
    *yawn*

X Team

- Greninja (Water/Dark)
    - Pangoro (Fighting/Dark)
    - Tyrantrum (Rock/Dragon)
    - Talonflame (Fire/Flying)
    - Aegislash (Steel/Ghost)
    - Pikachu (Electric)

As a fan of EDM, I LOVE EVERY THEME IN THIS GAME. Had I listened to the "preschooler" one any longer, I would've cried (It reminds me of someone in my life).

Say, does anyone know if there are any other houses with people in them that will play music from old games? So far, I've only found the one in Coumarine that plays "Emotion" from BW (Game Freak made me have a sad... ) and the one in either Couriway or Snowbelle (I can't remember which) that plays the Jubilife City theme.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Route 15 shocked me with its absolutely stellar music. Probably one of, if not the best route music ever, easily matching Unova's Route 10 and Sinnoh's Route 216. My faith in the game's music has been renewed. For now.

Not exactly the music, but the sound effects are the same as Colosseum and XD, which I enjoy as the Pokemon even look similar as to what they did in those games. So far I'm only past the first gym but I'm loving this game so far, and the music and SFX really put it over the top
    3DS FC: 3926 5164 7887 Name: Brady

DotA 2 Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    Route 15 shocked me with its absolutely stellar music. Probably one of, if not the best route music ever, easily matching Unova's Route 10 and Sinnoh's Route 216. My faith in the game's music has been renewed. For now.
    I really liked Route 8 as well.

I've found that this game has a lot of tracks that stick out, and overall is composed and arranged very well. Huge step up for me over the B/W soundtrack, and I haven't even finished the game yet. The OST release can't come soon enough.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

The fact that you can choose between four battle themes in the Battle Maison makes it much more interesting to fight there. I'm only disappointed you can't select the Elite 4 theme there, because that's a fantastic theme.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

I just posted this in the Discovery Thread, but there's a house in Snowbelle with an NPC that will play you a remixed Jubilife City theme, it's quite good.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

The music in this game is so charming! I absolutely love it. My favorites have got to be the rival's theme and Laverre City's song.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I really liked Route 8 as well.

I've found that this game has a lot of tracks that stick out, and overall is composed and arranged very well. Huge step up for me over the B/W soundtrack, and I haven't even finished the game yet. The OST release can't come soon enough.
    It's interesting, B/W are sort of the standard of music I'm judging the game by, but I'm still quite doubtful if X/Y truly lives up to the standards set by them. There's no denying that in terms of sound quality alone it's a step up, but I'm at Dendemille Town at the moment and I can honestly say that so far only about three or four tracks have stood out to me as notable pieces of music. I can say that the tracks overall are smart, pleasant and are more than suited to their purpose, but very few have actually really... grabbed my attention musically. It seems like a lot of the tracks are very typical of their contextual archetypes and I'm really struggling to see any real steps forward taken forward with things like instrumentation and genre (with the exception of Shalour). I'm sincerely hoping that my opinion changes over time and I'll come to recognise the soundtrack as being the best Game Freak have produced, but for now there just isn't much I'm finding interesting musically with the game, bar a select few. Which is a shame really, because I really was very much looking forward to experiencing X/Y's soundtrack first-hand after ruining every single one of B/W2's tracks months in advance.
    Last edited by Poetry; 14th October 2013 at 9:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    It's interesting, B/W are sort of the standard of music I'm judging the game by, but I'm still quite doubtful if X/Y truly lives up to the standards set by them. There's no denying that in terms of sound quality alone it's a step up, but I'm at Dendemille Town at the moment and I can honestly say that so far only about three or four tracks have stood out to me as notable pieces of music. I can say that the tracks overall are smart, pleasant and are more than suited to their purpose, but very few have actually really... grabbed my attention musically. It seems like a lot of the tracks are very typical of their contextual archetypes and I'm really struggling to see any real steps forward taken forward with things like instrumentation and genre (with the exception of Shalour). I'm sincerely hoping that my opinion changes over time and I'll come to recognise the soundtrack as being the best Game Freak have produced, but for now there just isn't much I'm finding interesting musically with the game, bar a select few. Which is a shame really, because I really want to like X/Y's soundtrack.
    Hmm, I could say almost the exact same thing about B/W soundtrack. It was okay, but very little stood out to me. In my opinion, it's the weakest of all the games. I find X/Ys tracks just more interesting to listen to overall, and they seem more varied.

Power Plant, Route 15, and Lysandre's encounter theme are my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Proprietor View Post
    Power Plant, Route 15, and Lysandre's encounter theme are my favorites.
    I really like the Power Plant, it's actually reused for the PokeBall Factory as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I really like the Power Plant, it's actually reused for the PokeBall Factory as well.
    That one is a favorite of mine as well. Route 15 and whatever other Route with the song is also amazing. I prefer it over Unova Route 10. I'm also willing to say this Victory Road theme is my favorite of all region now.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisymareep View Post
    I love coumarine music. I wish I can live there.
    I have the same with geosenge town. I have not been in coumarine yet.

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast