Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 586

Thread: Pokémon X & Y Music Appreciation Thread

  1. #101

    Default

    Laverre City music is outstanding, so touchy.

    3DS FC Code: 2165 - 6014 - 0811. Send a PM, if you have added.

    Active - Pokémon X Trainer: Blaise.
    Pokémon Y Trainer: Dean.

    Mii Name: BE.

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Oh my god, there has been so much win so far: Laverre, Route 14, Route 19, Bike, Surf, heck, the music that plays during the "Welcome to the world of pokemon" speech. I must say this is very close to my favorite soundtrack for a Pokemon game ever.


    FC:
    SS- 3223 9732 1772

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    791

    Default

    I battled my first gym leader last night. It's alright for a gym theme but I was a little disappointed since normally I'm a big fan of Gym themes.
    Latest Shiny!


    Chain fish in Cyllage City in Pokemon X!

    3DS FC: 4682 - 8902 - 8849
    PM me if you decide to add me. Psychic Friend Safari with Xatu, Munna and Espurr.

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    74

    Default

    The Champion theme was great, as was Lysander's but favourite has to be Team Flare's theme. So catchy.

    I was a bit disappointed in the Rival Battle theme as it was just a remix of Bianca's theme.

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Absolutely adored the music throughout the game, but especially the song over the credits. I hope the iTunes release will include the same song with vocals.
    "Hopeless, not heartless."

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    'Straya mate!
    Posts
    365

    Default

    Route 15. Err. Mah. Gawd. Basically all the overworld is music is epic. The battle themes are pretty great too but I personally think the Legendary and Gym Leader themes could have had a bit more craziness to them.

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Canada,Montreal
    Posts
    200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteBlair View Post
    Laverre City music is outstanding, so touchy.
    Iam currently in the city, love the music so much!! Need to find a 1hour version of this hehe.
    All Haill King Saur!
    OR: CT or Chuck Norris (Swampert),Torkoal,....
    AS: Jean-Claude Van Damm or Boyka (Blaziken),Ludicolo,...

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Climbing Mt. Coronet
    Posts
    58

    Default

    I enjoy the cave theme, Victory Road, Route 15, and the Xerneas/Yveltal battle theme.

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Outside of Hawaii (I wish...)
    Posts
    7,680

    Default

    I'm glad that the battle music for Team Flare's leader lived up to my expectations.

    Now I'm interested in the champion's theme.

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    1,047

    Default

    I'm so in love with team flare's music. I think it's the best evil team theme after Team Galactic's :x


        Spoiler:- Credits:

  11. #111
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    34

    Default

    I felt like most of the battle music really emphasizes the environment and situation of the battle instead of just trying to sound action-ish. It was kind of a bold move because I know a lot of people didn't like it because it was different but I personally enjoyed it.

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    135

    Default

    I LOVE the battle music! (especially the Team Flare battle music)

    It has a whole new sound, but at the same time, feels really pokemon. They did a great job on the music
    Pokemon X is AMAZING

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stop stalking, Serebii.
    Posts
    362

    Default

    I think the battle themes leave a bit to be desired. Maybe I just miss the digitalized themes. That intro to the Gym Leaders' theme is pretty ballin', though.
    The overworld music? Insanely good. I can't get enough of some of them and wish the tracks were longer.
    Kalos Power Plant, Lumiose City, Route 15 (WHEN I THOUGHT IT COULDN'T GET BETTER THAN UNOVA'S ROUTE 10), Anistar City, Shalour City, even the Boutiques... There's not a bad tune at all in this game. Great score. I'm only in Anistar, can't wait to get into the more major themes.

    The Encounter themes are great as well, like when a Trainer first spots you. I hope in future games that each Trainer class gets their own theme based off those encounters, they'd be so cool. *_*
    Last edited by Luxvan; 17th October 2013 at 6:20 AM.
    Y Team: Delphox, Venusaur (Mega), Blaziken, Absol, Aegislash, Florges
    PROUD TO DONATE GOOD POKEMON TO THE WONDER TRADE!
    But I swear to Arceus if you give me a Dedenne, I will find you.
    3DS Friend Code: 2036-7115-4768
    (my safari zone really sucks... sorry. IT HAS DEDENNE. STUPID KARMA.)
    <<R.I.P.
    HELLO HERE'S MY FANFICTION

    Mod note: Signature should have have font size larger than 3.
    Lux note: You're right, it should.

    I also talk about Pokemon stuffs here. (and the link works now.)

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luxvan View Post
    I think the battle themes leave a bit to be desired. Maybe I just miss the digitalized themes. That intro to the Gym Leaders' theme is pretty ballin', though.
    The overworld music? Insanely good. I can't get enough of some of them and wish the tracks were longer.
    Kalos Power Plant, Lumiose City, Route 15 (WHEN I THOUGHT IT COULDN'T GET BETTER THAN UNOVA'S ROUTE 10), Anistar City, Shalour City, even the Boutiques... There's not a bad tune at all in this game. Great score. I'm only in Anistar, can't wait to get into the more major themes.
    I felt the same about the battle themes at first, but I've come to appreciate the battle music here almost as much as previous games. Though just wait until you reach Victory Road. That song, and the Pokemon League song are amazing.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo



  15. #115
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stop stalking, Serebii.
    Posts
    362

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    I felt the same about the battle themes at first, but I've come to appreciate the battle music here almost as much as previous games. Though just wait until you reach Victory Road. That song, and the Pokemon League song are amazing.
    They're not bad or anything, I do like them and hum to them occasionally and all, I just don't think they come up to par with last gen's (which is quite tough to beat).
    Y Team: Delphox, Venusaur (Mega), Blaziken, Absol, Aegislash, Florges
    PROUD TO DONATE GOOD POKEMON TO THE WONDER TRADE!
    But I swear to Arceus if you give me a Dedenne, I will find you.
    3DS Friend Code: 2036-7115-4768
    (my safari zone really sucks... sorry. IT HAS DEDENNE. STUPID KARMA.)
    <<R.I.P.
    HELLO HERE'S MY FANFICTION

    Mod note: Signature should have have font size larger than 3.
    Lux note: You're right, it should.

    I also talk about Pokemon stuffs here. (and the link works now.)

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luxvan View Post
    They're not bad or anything, I do like them and hum to them occasionally and all, I just don't think they come up to par with last gen's (which is quite tough to beat).
    Well, some of the battle themes are great. Elite 4 theme is my personal favorite (I like it more than Unova or Hoenn's Elite 4 theme, at least), with the gym battle intro also being cool. But yeah, B2/W2 battle music is tough to beat, I think. X/Y seems to have the upper hand in the overworld music, though.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo



  17. #117
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Cyberspace
    Posts
    1,057

    Default

    I really like the wild battle theme for this game, as well as many of the town/city themes, but nothing tops the Route 15/16 theme. The music makes you feel... important.

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stop stalking, Serebii.
    Posts
    362

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Well, some of the battle themes are great. Elite 4 theme is my personal favorite (I like it more than Unova or Hoenn's Elite 4 theme, at least), with the gym battle intro also being cool. But yeah, B2/W2 battle music is tough to beat, I think. X/Y seems to have the upper hand in the overworld music, though.
    For battle themes so far, I'd put X&Y in maybe 4th. Not bad or anything, mostly just different.
    Overworld themes, though, way up high in number one. Pretty much every Pokemon game would just have decent overworld themes while there were a couple standout themes. All of them are above exceptional in X&Y. I want to fanboy them so much.
    Y Team: Delphox, Venusaur (Mega), Blaziken, Absol, Aegislash, Florges
    PROUD TO DONATE GOOD POKEMON TO THE WONDER TRADE!
    But I swear to Arceus if you give me a Dedenne, I will find you.
    3DS Friend Code: 2036-7115-4768
    (my safari zone really sucks... sorry. IT HAS DEDENNE. STUPID KARMA.)
    <<R.I.P.
    HELLO HERE'S MY FANFICTION

    Mod note: Signature should have have font size larger than 3.
    Lux note: You're right, it should.

    I also talk about Pokemon stuffs here. (and the link works now.)

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luxvan View Post
    For battle themes so far, I'd put X&Y in maybe 4th. Not bad or anything, mostly just different.
    Overworld themes, though, way up high in number one. Pretty much every Pokemon game would just have decent overworld themes while there were a couple standout themes. All of them are above exceptional in X&Y. I want to fanboy them so much.
    I'd put them at number 2 or 3 maybe, behind Unova and possibly Hoenn, but that's my personal opinion. Guess it depends on whether or not that "different" appeals to you. Kind of like hit-or-miss? But yeah, the overworld themes are almost undoubtedly the best. Even the remixed Battle Tower theme in the Chateau is wonderful to listen to.

    Quote Originally Posted by BNator92 View Post
    I really like the wild battle theme for this game, as well as many of the town/city themes, but nothing tops the Route 15/16 theme. The music makes you feel... important.
    Also, this. I think the general consensus is that Route 15/16/(whatever other route has this song) is one of the greatest overworld themes so far. I put it above Unova Route 10.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo



  20. #120

    Default

    I really like both Team Flare tracks and the Xerneas/Yveltal theme. the fact I can use pretty much any battle music in the game during WiFi Battles after beating the Elite Four is really awesome! too bad I can only use up to battle music 4 in the Battle Maison... Guess I'll have to grind the ability capsule while listening to the gym leader theme, oh well.


    (If you don't know how to switch music in link battles, just tap "Music 1" on the bottom screen before proceeding to team preview)

  21. #121
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Danger9888 View Post
    I really like both Team Flare tracks and the Xerneas/Yveltal theme. the fact I can use pretty much any battle music in the game during WiFi Battles after beating the Elite Four is really awesome! too bad I can only use up to battle music 4 in the Battle Maison... Guess I'll have to grind the ability capsule while listening to the gym leader theme, oh well.


    (If you don't know how to switch music in link battles, just tap "Music 1" on the bottom screen before proceeding to team preview)
    Oh, online battling gives you more options than the Maison? That's a relief to hear. Which ones does it add? Does it add any spoiler-worthy themes?
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo



  22. #122
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stop stalking, Serebii.
    Posts
    362

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    I'd put them at number 2 or 3 maybe, behind Unova and possibly Hoenn, but that's my personal opinion. Guess it depends on whether or not that "different" appeals to you. Kind of like hit-or-miss? But yeah, the overworld themes are almost undoubtedly the best. Even the remixed Battle Tower theme in the Chateau is wonderful to listen to.
    Yeah, I just thought the last battle themes were more energetic and catchier. But I was kinda worried about how the battle themes would be from the start when I found out they would have a full, non-digitalized score.
    Y Team: Delphox, Venusaur (Mega), Blaziken, Absol, Aegislash, Florges
    PROUD TO DONATE GOOD POKEMON TO THE WONDER TRADE!
    But I swear to Arceus if you give me a Dedenne, I will find you.
    3DS Friend Code: 2036-7115-4768
    (my safari zone really sucks... sorry. IT HAS DEDENNE. STUPID KARMA.)
    <<R.I.P.
    HELLO HERE'S MY FANFICTION

    Mod note: Signature should have have font size larger than 3.
    Lux note: You're right, it should.

    I also talk about Pokemon stuffs here. (and the link works now.)

  23. #123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Oh, online battling gives you more options than the Maison? That's a relief to hear. Which ones does it add? Does it add any spoiler-worthy themes?


        Spoiler:- :



    There are 11 in total after beating the Elite Four
    Last edited by Danger9888; 17th October 2013 at 7:00 AM.

  24. #124
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Oh, online battling gives you more options than the Maison? That's a relief to hear. Which ones does it add? Does it add any spoiler-worthy themes?
    It has 11 tracks, though names none of them.

    I assume Tracks 1-4 are the same as the Maison (regular battle, Wild, Rival, Gym), and Track 5 is the Successor Korrina battle theme.

    6 is Team Flare battle theme, 7 is Team Flare Boss theme.

    8 is Xerneas/Yveltal/Zygarde battle.
    Last edited by Blazios; 17th October 2013 at 7:22 AM.

  25. #125
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luxvan View Post
    Yeah, I just thought the last battle themes were more energetic and catchier. But I was kinda worried about how the battle themes would be from the start when I found out they would have a full, non-digitalized score.
    Yeah, I had the same thoughts. Though whether or not I like a certain song, I'll admit that they all seem very well composed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Danger9888 View Post
        Spoiler:- :



    There are 11 in total after beating the Elite Four
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    It has 11 tracks, though names none of them.

    I assume Tracks 1-4 are the same as the Maison (regular battle, Wild, Rival, Gym), and Track 5 is the Successor Korrina battle theme.

    Great, so when they said earlier we can choose battle music for online battles, they weren't kidding. Nice to know we aren't restricted in that matter. I guess it makes sense in the Maison, though, considering the theme they give to the leaders there.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo



Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •