Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon X & Y Music Appreciation Thread

Laverre City music is outstanding, so touchy.

3DS FC Code: 2165 - 6014 - 0811. Send a PM, if you have added.

Active - Pokémon X Trainer: Blaise.
    Pokémon Y Trainer: Dean.

Mii Name: BE.

Oh my god, there has been so much win so far: Laverre, Route 14, Route 19, Bike, Surf, heck, the music that plays during the "Welcome to the world of pokemon" speech. I must say this is very close to my favorite soundtrack for a Pokemon game ever.

FC:
    SS- 3223 9732 1772

I battled my first gym leader last night. It's alright for a gym theme but I was a little disappointed since normally I'm a big fan of Gym themes.
    Latest Shiny!

Chain fish in Cyllage City in Pokemon X!

3DS FC: 4682 - 8902 - 8849
    PM me if you decide to add me. Psychic Friend Safari with Xatu, Munna and Espurr.

The Champion theme was great, as was Lysander's but favourite has to be Team Flare's theme. So catchy.

I was a bit disappointed in the Rival Battle theme as it was just a remix of Bianca's theme.

Absolutely adored the music throughout the game, but especially the song over the credits. I hope the iTunes release will include the same song with vocals.
    "Hopeless, not heartless."

Route 15. Err. Mah. Gawd. Basically all the overworld is music is epic. The battle themes are pretty great too but I personally think the Legendary and Gym Leader themes could have had a bit more craziness to them.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteBlair View Post
    Laverre City music is outstanding, so touchy.
    Iam currently in the city, love the music so much!! Need to find a 1hour version of this hehe.
    All Haill King Saur!
    OR: CT or Chuck Norris (Swampert),Torkoal,....
    AS: Jean-Claude Van Damm or Boyka (Blaziken),Ludicolo,...

I enjoy the cave theme, Victory Road, Route 15, and the Xerneas/Yveltal battle theme.

I'm glad that the battle music for Team Flare's leader lived up to my expectations.

Now I'm interested in the champion's theme.

I'm so in love with team flare's music. I think it's the best evil team theme after Team Galactic's :x

Spoiler:- Credits:

I felt like most of the battle music really emphasizes the environment and situation of the battle instead of just trying to sound action-ish. It was kind of a bold move because I know a lot of people didn't like it because it was different but I personally enjoyed it.

I LOVE the battle music! (especially the Team Flare battle music)

It has a whole new sound, but at the same time, feels really pokemon. They did a great job on the music
    Pokemon X is AMAZING

I think the battle themes leave a bit to be desired. Maybe I just miss the digitalized themes. That intro to the Gym Leaders' theme is pretty ballin', though.
    The overworld music? Insanely good. I can't get enough of some of them and wish the tracks were longer.
    Kalos Power Plant, Lumiose City, Route 15 (WHEN I THOUGHT IT COULDN'T GET BETTER THAN UNOVA'S ROUTE 10), Anistar City, Shalour City, even the Boutiques... There's not a bad tune at all in this game. Great score. I'm only in Anistar, can't wait to get into the more major themes.

The Encounter themes are great as well, like when a Trainer first spots you. I hope in future games that each Trainer class gets their own theme based off those encounters, they'd be so cool. *_*
    Last edited by Luxvan; 17th October 2013 at 6:20 AM.
    Y Team: Delphox, Venusaur (Mega), Blaziken, Absol, Aegislash, Florges
    PROUD TO DONATE GOOD POKEMON TO THE WONDER TRADE!
    But I swear to Arceus if you give me a Dedenne, I will find you.
    3DS Friend Code: 2036-7115-4768
    (my safari zone really sucks... sorry. IT HAS DEDENNE. STUPID KARMA.)
    <<R.I.P.
    HELLO HERE'S MY FANFICTION

Mod note: Signature should have have font size larger than 3.
    Lux note: You're right, it should.

I also talk about Pokemon stuffs here. (and the link works now.)

Quote Originally Posted by Luxvan View Post
    I think the battle themes leave a bit to be desired. Maybe I just miss the digitalized themes. That intro to the Gym Leaders' theme is pretty ballin', though.
    The overworld music? Insanely good. I can't get enough of some of them and wish the tracks were longer.
    Kalos Power Plant, Lumiose City, Route 15 (WHEN I THOUGHT IT COULDN'T GET BETTER THAN UNOVA'S ROUTE 10), Anistar City, Shalour City, even the Boutiques... There's not a bad tune at all in this game. Great score. I'm only in Anistar, can't wait to get into the more major themes.
    I felt the same about the battle themes at first, but I've come to appreciate the battle music here almost as much as previous games. Though just wait until you reach Victory Road. That song, and the Pokemon League song are amazing.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    I felt the same about the battle themes at first, but I've come to appreciate the battle music here almost as much as previous games. Though just wait until you reach Victory Road. That song, and the Pokemon League song are amazing.
    They're not bad or anything, I do like them and hum to them occasionally and all, I just don't think they come up to par with last gen's (which is quite tough to beat).
    <<R.I.P.

They're not bad or anything, I do like them and hum to them occasionally and all, I just don't think they come up to par with last gen's (which is quite tough to beat).
    Well, some of the battle themes are great. Elite 4 theme is my personal favorite (I like it more than Unova or Hoenn's Elite 4 theme, at least), with the gym battle intro also being cool. But yeah, B2/W2 battle music is tough to beat, I think. X/Y seems to have the upper hand in the overworld music, though.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

I really like the wild battle theme for this game, as well as many of the town/city themes, but nothing tops the Route 15/16 theme. The music makes you feel... important.

Well, some of the battle themes are great. Elite 4 theme is my personal favorite (I like it more than Unova or Hoenn's Elite 4 theme, at least), with the gym battle intro also being cool. But yeah, B2/W2 battle music is tough to beat, I think. X/Y seems to have the upper hand in the overworld music, though.
    For battle themes so far, I'd put X&Y in maybe 4th. Not bad or anything, mostly just different.
    Overworld themes, though, way up high in number one. Pretty much every Pokemon game would just have decent overworld themes while there were a couple standout themes. All of them are above exceptional in X&Y. I want to fanboy them so much.
    <<R.I.P.

For battle themes so far, I'd put X&Y in maybe 4th. Not bad or anything, mostly just different.
    Overworld themes, though, way up high in number one. Pretty much every Pokemon game would just have decent overworld themes while there were a couple standout themes. All of them are above exceptional in X&Y. I want to fanboy them so much.
    I'd put them at number 2 or 3 maybe, behind Unova and possibly Hoenn, but that's my personal opinion. Guess it depends on whether or not that "different" appeals to you. Kind of like hit-or-miss? But yeah, the overworld themes are almost undoubtedly the best. Even the remixed Battle Tower theme in the Chateau is wonderful to listen to.

Quote Originally Posted by BNator92 View Post
    I really like the wild battle theme for this game, as well as many of the town/city themes, but nothing tops the Route 15/16 theme. The music makes you feel... important.
    Also, this. I think the general consensus is that Route 15/16/(whatever other route has this song) is one of the greatest overworld themes so far. I put it above Unova Route 10.

I really like both Team Flare tracks and the Xerneas/Yveltal theme. the fact I can use pretty much any battle music in the game during WiFi Battles after beating the Elite Four is really awesome! too bad I can only use up to battle music 4 in the Battle Maison... Guess I'll have to grind the ability capsule while listening to the gym leader theme, oh well.

(If you don't know how to switch music in link battles, just tap "Music 1" on the bottom screen before proceeding to team preview)

Quote Originally Posted by Danger9888 View Post
    I really like both Team Flare tracks and the Xerneas/Yveltal theme. the fact I can use pretty much any battle music in the game during WiFi Battles after beating the Elite Four is really awesome! too bad I can only use up to battle music 4 in the Battle Maison... Guess I'll have to grind the ability capsule while listening to the gym leader theme, oh well.

(If you don't know how to switch music in link battles, just tap "Music 1" on the bottom screen before proceeding to team preview)
    Oh, online battling gives you more options than the Maison? That's a relief to hear. Which ones does it add? Does it add any spoiler-worthy themes?

I'd put them at number 2 or 3 maybe, behind Unova and possibly Hoenn, but that's my personal opinion. Guess it depends on whether or not that "different" appeals to you. Kind of like hit-or-miss? But yeah, the overworld themes are almost undoubtedly the best. Even the remixed Battle Tower theme in the Chateau is wonderful to listen to.
    Yeah, I just thought the last battle themes were more energetic and catchier. But I was kinda worried about how the battle themes would be from the start when I found out they would have a full, non-digitalized score.
    <<R.I.P.

Oh, online battling gives you more options than the Maison? That's a relief to hear. Which ones does it add? Does it add any spoiler-worthy themes?

Spoiler:- :

There are 11 in total after beating the Elite Four
    Last edited by Danger9888; 17th October 2013 at 7:00 AM.

It has 11 tracks, though names none of them.

I assume Tracks 1-4 are the same as the Maison (regular battle, Wild, Rival, Gym), and Track 5 is the Successor Korrina battle theme.

6 is Team Flare battle theme, 7 is Team Flare Boss theme.

8 is Xerneas/Yveltal/Zygarde battle.
    Last edited by Blazios; 17th October 2013 at 7:22 AM.

Yeah, I just thought the last battle themes were more energetic and catchier. But I was kinda worried about how the battle themes would be from the start when I found out they would have a full, non-digitalized score.
    Yeah, I had the same thoughts. Though whether or not I like a certain song, I'll admit that they all seem very well composed.

Quote Originally Posted by Danger9888 View Post
        Spoiler:- :

There are 11 in total after beating the Elite Four
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    It has 11 tracks, though names none of them.

I assume Tracks 1-4 are the same as the Maison (regular battle, Wild, Rival, Gym), and Track 5 is the Successor Korrina battle theme.

Great, so when they said earlier we can choose battle music for online battles, they weren't kidding. Nice to know we aren't restricted in that matter. I guess it makes sense in the Maison, though, considering the theme they give to the leaders there.

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast