Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon X & Y Music Appreciation Thread

Route 18 is just

HNNNGGGHHHHH. So good.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Looking more closely at this soundtrack, it's been tagged horrendously.

Did you know that one of the artists for "Obtained a Gym Badge!" is "Obtained a Gym Badge!"? Multiple tracks are like this.

Several songs also have the sole artist listed as Game Freak.

Looking at the track credits, it looks like Kageyama did all the best songs. :d

Sycamore's theme, Snowbelle, Az's theme, Kiseki... Although I think Route 15 did a pretty nice job on Route 15.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRob View Post
    Looking at the track credits, it looks like Kageyama did all the best songs. :d

Sycamore's theme, Snowbelle, Az's theme, Kiseki... Although I think Route 15 did a pretty nice job on Route 15.
    Basically my thoughts while looking at the tracklist lol

I normally find iTunes' prices to be...well, not as much of a bargain as I'd expect, but in this case you get $209 worth of songs for $9.99, so I think this is definitely worth my money. (If only so I can loop Sycamore's theme and that Rising Star trainer theme.)
    Off exploring Hoenn again

Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post

Did you know that one of the artists for "Obtained a Gym Badge!" is "Obtained a Gym Badge!"? Multiple tracks are like this.

Give it a couple days for people to get the Japanese soundtrack and it'll be up on VGMdb, then you'll have the correct tag info.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

The Battle! (Elite Four) is so deliciously hi def now, I'm so glad.

Quote Originally Posted by Fexus View Post
    The Battle! (Elite Four) is so deliciously hi def now, I'm so glad.
    What?! I need to get this now. Except I'm poor and have no money to spare for non-college stuff, other than the money I'm saving for Pokemon Bank later.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

I wish we could order them online with the soundtrack itself besides digital. And I heard we're to get other releases of the Pokemon Super Collection (yes, dating back to the third, fourth, and fifth generation).
    source:
    http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=216841
    Last edited by A_Merry_Snowrunt; 12th November 2013 at 8:57 PM.

While I enjoy most of the music in this game, especially the Champion Battle Music, and the music for Dendemille Town, I just can't stand the Bicycle Music, I have to constantly exit and re-enter a route if I get on the bicycle to get away from it.

Not to mention all my IV breeding is making me start to hate the music on Route 7.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

Quote Originally Posted by foxyman1167 View Post
    While I enjoy most of the music in this game, especially the Champion Battle Music, and the music for Dendemille Town, I just can't stand the Bicycle Music, I have to constantly exit and re-enter a route if I get on the bicycle to get away from it.

Not to mention all my IV breeding is making me start to hate the music on Route 7.
    I'm in the same boat as you: The bicycle theme is kinda annoying. The beginning sounds like the end of a song, and the slow part just doesn't fit. It seems too rushed.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Current Hunt: Cresselia

I don't know if I mentioned this before but I absolutely love the bike music and the pokeball factory music. They are just so cool and catchy =D

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

I have a strong feeling a Pokémon Yellow or second Red and Blue remake are in the works - if you see the last few songs of the new soundtrack --- they are the red and blue versions of the tracks - not gen 6 like the other 200 tracks. Any ideas?
    My Pokémon X team!

Quote Originally Posted by JaccaMacca View Post
    I have a strong feeling a Pokémon Yellow or second Red and Blue remake are in the works - if you see the last few songs of the new soundtrack --- they are the red and blue versions of the tracks - not gen 6 like the other 200 tracks. Any ideas?
    Very unlikely that they remake a remake. If there were already RSE remakes at this point, I would be more inclined to believe it, but I doubt it.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

Those tracks are just there to compliment the Origins counterparts, which they were nearly obligated to release in this collection because it probably wouldn't have gotten a separate release anyways.

Similar scenario with the BW2 Super Music Complete, which included several Gen III tracks.

Anyways, it hardly points to yet another set of Kanto remakes.

I'm still debating whether I should purchase the X/Y Super Music Collection thing. I do like a lot of the music in these games including most of the city themes and several battle themes like the Team Flare battle music, but I'm not sure if it's really worth the cost to own the soundtrack when I can just listen to the music in the games themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Merry_Snowrunt View Post
    I wish we could order them online with the soundtrack itself besides digital. And I heard we're to get other releases of the Pokemon Super Collection (yes, dating back to the third, fourth, and fifth generation).
    source:
    http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=216841
    You can, there are plenty of places where you can get the physical release.

As mentioned, those tracks are from Pokemon Origins.

Quote Originally Posted by Fexus View Post
    Similar scenario with the BW2 Super Music Complete, which included several Gen III tracks.
    B2/W2 had the new tracks from Emerald and Platinum that were never released previously, not really to tie in with anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    I'm still debating whether I should purchase the X/Y Super Music Collection thing. I do like a lot of the music in these games including most of the city themes and several battle themes like the Team Flare battle music, but I'm not sure if it's really worth the cost to own the soundtrack when I can just listen to the music in the games themselves.
    You give extra support to the artists for their work, have them in higher quality and a more convenient method of listening to them.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Trust me, the quality between the music in the game and the actual musics from the official soundtrack is enormous.

So yeah, I got it and I'm really enjoying it, it's nice to listen to the audio tracks without having anything interrupting them. I'd suggest it to anyone who liked the music in the game. Dat Xerneas / Yveltal battle music. <3

Dove in and bought the soundtrack on iTunes. I can attest to the fact that the music is of MUCH higher quality than it is in the games themselves, and the price is an utter STEAL. Seriously, if you have the money, get this, you will not regret it one bit.
    4768-7442-5469
    Friend Safari

I'd swear that everytime the kanto champion theme gets remixed it gets epicier and epicer.
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

I never really bothered with the creating my own PR video so this is the first time I've heard the themes. Boy, they sure are capable of creating awesome themes. I kinda wished these were more present with the whole soundtrack. But then again, that's understandable considering that the themes have to stay true to the European theme.

As for the Origin themes... these are superb. I never liked the Bike theme in RBY, but Shota's arrangement is just plain awesome. Beats the Kalos' one. Just imagine if they went all out on #HoennRemakes

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    B2/W2 had the new tracks from Emerald and Platinum that were never released previously, not really to tie in with anything.
    You're picking apart what I said over semantics.
    I didn't mean it tied into anything at all. Just that the music collections are prone to include music that otherwise didn't get a release. Again, similar, as I said. Not identical.
    Last edited by Fexus; 13th November 2013 at 2:36 AM.

My thoughts on the music for the X & Y versions are that they are a definite improvement from the earlier generation games. I especially appreciated the E4 music and the Champion's theme for this generation. Yet I still feel like the soundtrack for BW/B2W2 and DPPt series was also noteworthy as I really liked the soundrack in those generations. All previous generation games rarely had any good songs that I liked.

Let there be HAIL!

B/W FC: 3912 1280 0747
    B2W2 FC: 5158 0898 6591

3DS FC: 5026 4831 0186
    X&Y Safari with

Spoiler:- Current Total Shinies:

Happy to announce that I purchased the soundtrack today. Best ten bucks I've spent all year. I was hesitant at first to purchase the entire thing, but... Just. Wow. The quality completely trumps the rather bad sounding rips I've been listening to on YouTube. And the Origins scores are simply phenomenal, too. They really push the entire package over the top. This is truly a must-have for anyone who's enjoying X and Y.
    3DS Friend Code: 1435-3681-3604. Add me if you'd like, and send me a PM if you'd like to battle or trade. : )

Friend Safari Type: Electric. Contains Electrode, Electabuzz, and Luxio.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post

It wouldn't surprise me. Even Vocaloid songs I buy on AmazonMP3 tend to be mistagged or even outright mistranslated ("Koi Wa Sensou" was romanized as "Koi Ha Sensou", which doesn't make any sense because "Ha" is not a lone particle in Japanese*). They just don't like to do JP songs correctly...

I'd love to buy the damn thing on disc, but I'm not even sure if there's a physical release outside Japan. I need my gorgeous orchestral tracks as lossless, dammit! xD

* This error happened because the particle "wa" uses the "ha" character, so it was either romanized by someone with a shaky grasp of the language or done so absolutely literally by a computer program.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverevilchao View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me. Even Vocaloid songs I buy on AmazonMP3 tend to be mistagged or even outright mistranslated ("Koi Wa Sensou" was romanized as "Koi Ha Sensou", which doesn't make any sense because "Ha" is not a lone particle in Japanese*). They just don't like to do JP songs correctly...

I'd love to buy the damn thing on disc, but I'm not even sure if there's a physical release outside Japan. I need my gorgeous orchestral tracks as lossless, dammit! xD

* This error happened because the particle "wa" uses the "ha" character, so it was either romanized by someone with a shaky grasp of the language or done so absolutely literally by a computer program.
    The soundtrack is only $40 USD to import and it's not exactly hard to find.

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast