Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Pokémon X & Y Music Appreciation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Same could also be said for the G/S/C ending theme. Best ending to any Pokemon game.
    I'm partial to the D/P/Pt ending theme myself; the retro charm of the hammond organ just gets me every time.
    Last edited by Poetry; 18th January 2014 at 5:39 PM.

I usually enjoy the soundtracks for pokemon games and x and y was no exception. My two favorites would easily be the battle theme for the cover legendaries (I think it may have become my new favorite) and the elite four theme (although its not my favorite elite four theme, I think black and white may still hold that title). The team flare and Lysandre battles I also enjoyed, but again, I dont think they are among my top poke villain themes, still falling short of teams plasma and galactic.

The only battle theme I was slightly disappointed by was the gym leader battle music; for some reason I just found it slightly dull and repetative (granted I still find the gym themes for the originals and gold/silver to be the best). The champion theme I also admittedly wasn't super fond of either, but it definitely suited the champion so I can't really give it too much negativity. Nonetheless, I had to buy the x and y soundtrack on itunes, so clearly I definately felt it had many awesome tracks within it.

“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.” -Albert Camus

Of the top of my head, for places, I really enjoyed the background tunes in Santalune Forest, Geosenge Town & Anistar City. Most of the other towns/cities didn't make me feel upbeat or adventurous. Same applies for battles - they start of really well, but then later the energy dips slightly. I didn't enjoy Team Flare's theme music, but then again, that may be cause I was a bit disappointed with Team Flare overall. On the other hand, legendary music/remixes were fun to hear. Finally, of course, the emotional pieces were done beautifully like the scenes with AZ or all the friends joining together in the end.

Another track I've come to like from the game is Kiseki which is the song during the credits roll. When I want a more calming song it is a good choice.
    FC: 1778-9489-4489 IGN: King Arceus
    Safari: Ferroseed, Klang, Bronzong
    Guides I've written:

VGC 2015 Season: 104 CP

I really enjoyed Moltres' theme music in the Sea Cave (not the correct name, but close enough). It reminded me of gen 1's music .
    Looking forward to the release of Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

Will be training up the shiny Abra I have that's named Robin in honor of you. May you R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by WishIhadaManafi5 View Post
    I really enjoyed Moltres' theme music in the Sea Cave (not the correct name, but close enough). It reminded me of gen 1's music .
    It should. The battle theme is a remix of the 1st gen wild Pokemon music.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Oh God, Route 15 music does everything right. I can say nothing but praise for this track. It gets that mystical and adventurous feel that every late-game route should have. My favorite route theme ever.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

For me, it would have to be the E4 theme. It captures the tension, exciting but strategic feel that hasn't been properly captures since Gen III's E4 theme.

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    Oh God, Route 15 music does everything right. I can say nothing but praise for this track. It gets that mystical and adventurous feel that every late-game route should have. My favorite route theme ever.
    How you think Rt. 15 gets the adventure feel better than Rt. 18 is beyond me.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

In terms of adventure-y route themes, both Route 15 and 18 get the job done, but Route 120 from R/S/E still remains pretty unmatched in capturing that pure essence of adventure, imo.

I freaking love the Legendary Theme of the Kalos legendaries. It's the most epic legendary piece I've heard. Right up there with Ho-oh's theme in HG/SS and the weather trio's theme in R/S/E.
    Ah light. Isn't it curious how in trillions of years all the light in the universe will be gone. Hope you have a flashlight.

Games: Pokemon Y, LoZ: ALBW, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
    3DS Friend Code: 3952-7603-8923
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Electrode, Stunfisk, and Zebstrika
    Pokemon I'm looking for: Dragonair and Growlithe mainly but anything is fine.

Really late but the Legendary theme has a really legendary feel. Really set one of the best moods I've had in a pokemon game, with the second being the Elite Four(in kalos.)
    In-Game X Team:

Casual Reminder of the best region ever made.

Gym Scarves: http://sinnohgirl.tumblr.com/scarves

I'm still over here wondering why Korrina's "Successor" battle theme wasn't the overall Gym Battle theme. It's a nice, blood-pumping remix.

The original version is rather dull in comparison imo.
    ~ Return to Hoenn! ~

My favorite song is the Champion team! I use it everytime i WI-FI battle.

Its true, really

My Pokemon X Team!

I am a Iv and shiny breeder, therefor I have come to love the bicycle theme! It is just awesome!
    If you belieive in Magikarp, ALL your dreams will come true!
    My friend safari is Flying and has: Pidgey, Swanna, and ???

My favorite route theme is definetly route 15, it's also a really beautiful route since I adore the fall. It feels so adventurous, I literally just stay in that route just to listen. It's awesomeness is the equivelance of that one route on Johto where you just entered Kanto (before pokemon league) and I think what, a hundred something on Hoenn. They all sound like you're so close to becoming a pokemon master and you've came a long way through many obstacles to be where you are.

AND YES THE BICYCLE THEME IN THIS GAME IS AWESOME. It's actually my favorite bike theme in the series.
    Friend Code: 1220-7590-4764
    Pokemon in My Safari:[ROCK Type] Onix, Nosepass, Barbaracle

I thought all of the battle themes were really good. Probably my favorite one was the fireworks scene music. (It's just a shame it was Shauna your character watched them with instead of your rival :P)

To add to what several have said, I do think the music for the bike is one of the best in the series. I don't know if I'd call it the best, but it's certainly up there.

Since I started a new game, I just got to Laverre City again, and was impressed by the music--again! But that's just the first thing to come to my mind because, well, there's so much to like in this game's music!

Sprites ripped by Yoshi Clone of spritersresource.com. Banner by my brother ShinySandshrew.

They remixed the Wifi theme from past gens in the Pokemon Link menu. I didn't notice it at first, but it's actually the only place where you hear the theme, and I don't see it on the soundtrack, either. It doesn't really build off the original too much, but it's nice to hear it again.

In my random bouts always use 9, 10 and 11 music fighter, are the ones I like.

I was not super suprised with this gen. for music, but there were some good ones. Some.
    The gym battle theme sounded like some top-billboard techno band, then fell like a brick after about 15 seconds. Repetitive and dull.
    I dont remember the E4 theme, so i cant say.
    The champion theme was pretty good, but nothing beats Cynthias theme or Steves.
    For some reason, i LOVE Laveree (help ze spellingz) and Anistar city's theme. It just sounded relaxing, but not as creepy to the point where its like they crapped out a Lavender town remake.
    Thats all I can remember, but if you ask, I think Gen 4 and 3's music was the best. Although Gen 3 had the same sounds (In Firered, you could hear some of the notes from Ruby.)

Gen 4. was an amazing step up from Gen. 3 for music. So its no.1!

Why does the pokemon league sound like a Chinese festival

X Friend Code: 3110-5774-434 Panda

I started over on my pokemom x game, and I ran into a shiny azurill when I got to the first city with a pokemon center. How lucky was that. But it sucked cause I caught it in a great ball. Had no choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerolyte View Post
    Why does the pokemon league sound like a Chinese festival
    Now that you've said it... it does sound like an Imperial theme. But I never had that impression until I've read this. I've always thought that it sounds medieval.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Now that you've said it... it does sound like an Imperial theme. But I never had that impression until I've read this. I've always thought that it sounds medieval.
    It does sound a little bit midevil.
    Like they had a baby or something.

X Friend Code: 3110-5774-434 Panda

I started over on my pokemom x game, and I ran into a shiny azurill when I got to the first city with a pokemon center. How lucky was that. But it sucked cause I caught it in a great ball. Had no choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerolyte View Post
    It does sound a little bit midevil.
    Like they had a baby or something.
    what? the? hell?

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324 LastLast