Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon X & Y Music Appreciation Thread

Don't know if anyone else has noticed it, but I really love the music that plays in the Super Training minigames. Has a really good feel to it.

All credit to SM of Daedric Design for this awesome banner!

Y Team: Talonflame, Roserade, Aegislash, Goodra, Blaziken, Greninja
    3DS Friend Code: 1160 - 9940 - 3351
    Rock Type Friend Safari: Nosepass, Onix and Barbaracle.
    I has officially claimed

Snowbelle City, Laverre City, Shalour City and Sycamore's Theme; for me, these are the outstanding music of X&Y.

Successor Korrina and Gym Leader battle themes are sweet!

I really love Sycamore's theme music, it's just so french.

3DS FC: 1693 1069 1732
    Dream Suite Address: 5300 - 2139 - 7204

Quote Originally Posted by Arcamenel View Post
    I really love Sycamore's theme music, it's just so french.
    Same here, but the game could have had more French-style music. While there are several themes that makes use of the accordion, Sycamore's theme is the one that really stands out.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

The champion,gym leader,and prof. sycamores theme is probably the best music in the game. I am really disappointed that route one had some good music and only lasted for like 5 seconds before BANG new town.

3DS: 0516-8673-2179
    Prof. Sycamore is my pokecrush.

first shiny ever!

The bass involved in these themes is impressive... Hoenn land of trumpets, Kalos land of bass. Wild/Trainer/Gym Leader battles are all awesome
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Favorite battles themes are Team Flare (and Boss), Elite Four, and Champion. Oh, and vs Xerneas/Yvetal. I've been listening to the Elite Four extended on YouTube all weekend. lol
    Also, the music that plays on Route 18. That one is amazing!

Image by もちづき
    ...Your tender smile and our petty squabbles...
    Just how much are all those supposed to have toughened me up?

The music on route 19 (I thinks its on some other routes aswell) sound really heroic and kinda sums up the Game lol, The rivial Battle music has quite an amusing comic feel to it.
    Signature Warning.
    Your image is too wide (over 600 pixels) so it has been removed.

Honestly, I'm a big fan of my of the route music when you get closer to Victory Road/end game. lol The rival battle theme mostly reminded me of the one vs Bianca/Cheren in Gen V. I was actually hoping for something closer to Hugh's battle theme, but the one for Gen VI was fitting.

Image by もちづき

I quite like the music that plays when you're riding the Skiddo on Route 12. I also like the gym leader battle theme and the music for the later Super Training levels.
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Earth Wolf-Howl (formerly Warrior Scolipede)

FC: 2707-2741-9594
    Friend Safari: Sunkern, Sawsbuck, Maractus

I have claimed Pyroar!

This game had some truly amazing music this time around, for the most part. I love so many of the themes, like the Champion battle, the E4, Gym Leaders, Legendary encounters, Professor Sycamore, Team Flare, and th Kalos Power Plant. The one thing I really hated In the music was the bike theme. I dunno why, but it just.... Annoys me. So much that I turn my game's volume off when I'm hatching eggs.

Also, am I the only one who noticed how alot of the tracks have prominent guitar/bass?
    Boredom is boring

I really like the Gym Leader theme, it's so energizing - something I find to be somewhat lacking in the Gym Leader themes since Gen IV. I'm also in love with the Lumiose City theme, it's so beautiful, I hope someday I can go to Paris, Game Freak truly captured the concept of beauty with this piece of music. And, I don't mean to sound like a troll, but the Team Flare theme reminds me of the background music/sound effects in the TV show Lazytown, which I guess is a good thing, haha.

I really hope they finally release the Super Complete soundtrack worldwide for X and Y, especially since it's one of its most hype Pokémon games ever made.

3DS: 2836 • 0189 • 795
    Pokémon Showdown: Witeldram
    Safari:
    Fighting - Sawk, Meditite, Riolu

I'm still trying to get used to the Gym Leader theme, but so far, it isn't my favorite. It actually faded into the background when I was battling against the Gym Leaders unfortunately. It just wasn't there for me. But hey, everyone has different tastes.

Also, am I the only one who noticed how alot of the tracks have prominent guitar/bass?
    Nope, you're not. I quite like tapping my foot like a crazy person when I listen to the guitar/bass. xD

Image by もちづき

Quote Originally Posted by MonMonCandie View Post
    Nope, you're not. I quite like tapping my foot like a crazy person when I listen to the guitar/bass. xD
    I actually do that as well, the most with the gym theme. To me, the bass seems much more prominent than with the other themes. I do prefer the Unova leader theme's more urgent tone, but something about the bass in the gym theme really sits well with me, and I just find it addicting. It's almost instinctive now.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Haha, I know what you mean, though for me, it's the guitar riff in the Elite Four theme.
    What gets to me is the fact that each game/generation has their own 'motif' instrument that sets each generation apart. The music is evolving!

Image by もちづき

Haha, I know what you mean, though for me, it's the guitar riff in the Elite Four theme.
    What gets to me is the fact that each game/generation has their own 'motif' instrument that sets each generation apart. The music is evolving!
    I do love that part of the Elite 4 theme. It's part of why that theme is my favorite in the entire game. Though yeah, regardless of whether someone does or doesn't like a song, it's clear that the music in the games is becoming much more varied and developed. The sound quality is definitely improving, and it only opens more opportunities for music in the future.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Agreed. I guess it also goes hand in hand with the 3DS's capabilities, but it's nice to hear the actual instruments instead of a synth (though honestly, that pretty much adds a nostalgic touch).
    That also reminds me, there was another song in XY that I really liked that had the piano playing (I think). I can't really remember where it was played, but I'm thinking it was when you had those solemn moments with your rivals. To me, it was on par with that sad piano music from BW (the one that played with Bianca I think? I haven't played the first BW, but I did hear of it). So glad it made a cameo in XY!

Image by もちづき

I FINALLY caught up to Moltres, and... wow. Is that a... almost techno remix of the Gen 1 wild battle theme?? WIN!!

Agreed. I guess it also goes hand in hand with the 3DS's capabilities, but it's nice to hear the actual instruments instead of a synth (though honestly, that pretty much adds a nostalgic touch).
    That also reminds me, there was another song in XY that I really liked that had the piano playing (I think). I can't really remember where it was played, but I'm thinking it was when you had those solemn moments with your rivals. To me, it was on par with that sad piano music from BW (the one that played with Bianca I think? I haven't played the first BW, but I did hear of it). So glad it made a cameo in XY!
    The song from B/W, Emotion, is in the game if you speak to an NPC in Snowbelle Coumarine.
    Last edited by Hydrohs; 30th October 2013 at 8:46 PM.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Bike song is best song
    FC - 1435-4760-9815
    In game name - Agony

Man, the E4 battle theme is incredible this time around. Great bass, and feels really tense. Makes me glad, since Gen V had an honestly underwhelming E4 theme.

Another track of note is the Power Plant track. Was pretty impressed by that composition.

A lot of the music in this actually reminds me of Tawada's Genius Sonority work, on Colosseum and such. Geosenge stands out as one example.

Quote Originally Posted by Fexus View Post
    Man, the E4 battle theme is incredible this time around. Great bass, and feels really tense. Makes me glad, since Gen V had an honestly underwhelming E4 theme.
    Uh, really? It's only the second truly different composition for an Elite 4 theme. I think Gen 5 did a fantastic job at having a tense Elite 4 theme, after Hoenn's. Granted, I do love this Elite 4 theme so much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    The song from B/W, Emotion, is in the game if you speak to an NPC in Snowbelle.
    Actually, "Emotion" is played in a house in upper Coumarine City. The Jubilife City theme is what's played in Snowbelle City.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Actually, "Emotion" is played in a house in upper Coumarine City. The Jubilife City theme is what's played in Snowbelle City.
    Damn, could have sworn that I'd heard Emotion after the Jubilife remix.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast