Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon X & Y Music Appreciation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    The bass involved in these themes is impressive... Hoenn land of trumpets, Kalos land of bass. Wild/Trainer/Gym Leader battles are all awesome
    Actually it's French Horns, not Trumpets, but we.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Damn, could have sworn that I'd heard Emotion after the Jubilife remix.
    Jubilife Remix?

Kewl, finally that got ramixed, I need to go there.

Anyway, this game is amazing me with the Music, I'm absolutely adoring Route 1 and it's DPPt Day/Night change.

Quote Originally Posted by Agony099 View Post
    Bike song is best song
    I don't care for the Bike theme to be honest; I think it's better than Unova's Bike theme, but it pales in comparison to Hoenn's and Sinnoh's in my opinion. Anyway, like someone said before, I did expect X/Y to have more French-esque themes but so far from what I've heard only a few of the tracks have that feel. I guess I expected more use of the French horn like in Hoenn.

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Uh, really? It's only the second truly different composition for an Elite 4 theme. I think Gen 5 did a fantastic job at having a tense Elite 4 theme, after Hoenn's. Granted, I do love this Elite 4 theme so much more.
    Nah, the Gen V theme does nothing to accommodate for an intro and generally isn't cohesive enough for me to take it seriously. Goes immediately into stabs and the wavy melody comes across as a fairly goofy attempt at trying to sound imposing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fexus View Post
    Nah, the Gen V theme does nothing to accommodate for an intro and generally isn't cohesive enough for me to take it seriously. Goes immediately into stabs and the wavy melody comes across as a fairly goofy attempt at trying to sound imposing.
    I don't know, I think it worked very well, even excluding nostalgic bit from Hoenn's E4 theme in there. The tone fit with the types used in the E4, even though those types have been done to death at this point. Honestly, it's better than Kanto, Johto and Sinnoh, all who did little or nothing to include a separate battle theme for the E4. It might not help that I can't take anything in Johto seriously, but still. Regardless of whether or not that was a favorite theme or not, I think it was composed well. X/Y themes are definitely better composed, but comparing the capabilities of the DS with the 3DS. that's hardly a surprise. At least before B2/W2 added all the great new themes, the Unova E4 theme was one of the few standout battle themes in Unova.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

I don't know, I think it worked very well, even excluding nostalgic bit from Hoenn's E4 theme in there. The tone fit with the types used in the E4, even though those types have been done to death at this point. Honestly, it's better than Kanto, Johto and Sinnoh, all who did little or nothing to include a separate battle theme for the E4. It might not help that I can't take anything in Johto seriously, but still. Regardless of whether or not that was a favorite theme or not, I think it was composed well. X/Y themes are definitely better composed, but comparing the capabilities of the DS with the 3DS. that's hardly a surprise. At least before B2/W2 added all the great new themes, the Unova E4 theme was one of the few standout battle themes in Unova.
    I definitely agree with you about the other regions. The effort put into those was really disappointing, looking back. Anyways, I am being rather harsh towards Unova's E4. I guess I'm just pretty enthusiastic about the atmosphere achieved this time around compared to Gen V which brings up a lot of mixed feelings.

And I'm on the exact same page about the compositions of BW compared to BW2. There were very few tracks that stood out to me as impressive in BW while BW2 had some incredible tracks that made me wonder if Masuda and Ichinose had thought similarly.

Quote Originally Posted by Fexus View Post
    I definitely agree with you about the other regions. The effort put into those was really disappointing, looking back. Anyways, I am being rather harsh towards Unova's E4. I guess I'm just pretty enthusiastic about the atmosphere achieved this time around compared to Gen V which brings up a lot of mixed feelings.

And I'm on the exact same page about the compositions of BW compared to BW2. There were very few tracks that stood out to me as impressive in BW while BW2 had some incredible tracks that made me wonder if Masuda and Ichinose had thought similarly.
    Well, being enthusiastic about the atmosphere in X/Y's themes is understandable. I do love how varied the compositions are. I'm not sure there are any themes I don't like in X/Y, especially with the fantastic overworld themes. Even battle themes, I can appreciate each one. While I did like Unova's battle themes in BW, the only ones that fully stood out to me were the standard trainer theme (normal and Subway version), N's theme and the E4 theme.

It would be interesting to see what the composers felt about the music in BW compared to B2/W2, though. Even more interesting would be how the composers felt about X/Y compared to B2/W2. Though a few pages back, Wulava did say something about not seeing Ichinose's name in the credits for musical compositions. I think that's something to check, because if he really isn't there anymore, I want to know what happened.
    Last edited by Psynergy; 30th October 2013 at 10:07 PM.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Well, being enthusiastic about the atmosphere in X/Y's themes is understandable. I do love how varied the compositions are. I'm not sure there are any themes I don't like in X/Y, especially with the fantastic overworld themes. Even battle themes, I can appreciate each one. While I did like Unova's battle themes in BW, the only ones that fully stood out to me were the standard trainer theme (normal and Subway version), N's theme and the E4 theme.

It would be interesting to see what the composers felt about the music in BW compared to B2/W2, though. Even more interesting would be how the composers felt about X/Y compared to B2/W2. Though a few pages back, Wulava did say something about not seeing Ichinose's name in the credits for musical compositions. I think that's something to check, because if he really isn't there anymore, I want to know what happened.
    As I've said in my previous post, I can confirm that Ichinose is not part of the Sound Team. His name is not even found anywhere in the entire credits...
    If he composed a few tracks, some of the themes would be really different (and probably be a lot more awesome than it already is).

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    As I've said in my previous post, I can confirm that Ichinose is not part of the Sound Team. His name is not even found anywhere in the entire credits...
    If he composed a few tracks, some of the themes would be really different (and probably be a lot more awesome than it already is).
    Oh, you've confirmed it? It's been awhile since I saw that post, so I must have missed it, but I'm very interested now. I really want to know where he's gone to now. I mean, there's a lot of great composers, but even seeing one disappear is disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Actually, "Emotion" is played in a house in upper Coumarine City. The Jubilife City theme is what's played in Snowbelle City.
    Jubilife City theme has a cameo in the game too??? Must visit Snowbelle City again. lol
    And yes! Thanks, Hydrohs, for the song name!

Image by もちづき
    ...Your tender smile and our petty squabbles...
    Just how much are all those supposed to have toughened me up?

Just wanna say, that ending credits song is getting "covered" all over the damn place.

WARNING HUGE SPOILERS.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4w1JuQGSu0

Such lovelyness. <3
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Sorry if this was brought up or said before. But after the ending song with the lyrics. At the ~Fin~ part, if you listen to the music on that screen, it's a slightly different version of Kiseki. Very nice. Though I didn't listen to it long so I'm not sure if it's a complete version or not. ^^; But just wanted to point it out if anyone else hasn't. ^w^

I wish they would give Route 7 a different music. I appreciate that they made it very long to make breeding/hatching easier but listening to a good music while going back and forth would be good too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zena View Post
    Sorry if this was brought up or said before. But after the ending song with the lyrics. At the ~Fin~ part, if you listen to the music on that screen, it's a slightly different version of Kiseki. Very nice. Though I didn't listen to it long so I'm not sure if it's a complete version or not. ^^; But just wanted to point it out if anyone else hasn't. ^w^
    English, please. Very few are going to know what you're talking about, in addition, I'm not aware of any tracks titled 'Miracle'.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixfatih View Post
    I wish they would give Route 7 a different music. I appreciate that they made it very long to make breeding/hatching easier but listening to a good music while going back and forth would be good too.
    You can't please everyone.
    Last edited by Hydrohs; 1st November 2013 at 1:48 PM.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

is it bad that I just realized Camphrier and Couriway have the same track

I always hate that moment when you realize why that track sounds so familiar

I personally think Route 7 is fantastic. Seriously, no matter what song you put on the route with the day care, it will get annoying because you're hearing it so often.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    is it bad that I just realized Camphrier and Couriway have the same track

I always hate that moment when you realize why that track sounds so familiar
    I'm not so disappointed that the songs are the same, but I kinda liked how in Unova, every town had its own unique song. Would have been nice to give them different songs, but I guess it doesn't matter much with small towns like those.

I've barely spent five minutes in Camphrier, so that doesn't bother me at all.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

The music in Anistar City is so beautiful and ridiculously perfect. My favourite track from any of the pokemon games for sure.
    Shine bright like a diamond

My FC is 4785-4568-5063. I have a Dark type Friend Safari (Absol - Justified, Crawdaunt - Adaptability, Mightyena - Moxie). If you add me, send me a message with your FC. (Currently looking for Ivysaur and Eevee safaris.)

Emily101's Shiny Chaining Guide (foolproof!)

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    English, please. Very few are going to know what you're talking about, in addition, I'm not aware of any tracks titled 'Miracle'.

Oh, sorry. I was pretty sure the ending credits song was titled Kiseki(Miracle) To be more clear on the song, it is the lyrics that appear on the bottom screen. The melody that goes along with those lyrics can be heard after this is done playing at the last screen you get before you press a button to go back to the main "continue save" screen. But this version is slightly different from the one previous. I'm sorry if I confused anyone on the matter and hope this clears it up.

Shalour City and Anistar City have some of the best music in the entire series in my opinion. They're very unique in general and doesn't sound like it really belongs in a city which is partially why i like them so much. Overall this soundtrack is one of the best IMO, second to gen IV.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Did anyone else notice the Hoenn gym leader theme in the champion theme?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtyfIAk8bhU

Start at 1:10 and listen for just a few seconds
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post

Yeah, I heard it.
    It was really a nice touch, but now I kinda want a remake of Ruby and Sapphire. XD
    My Shiny Pokčmon (Since 2001): (X2)

Last update: 19/3/2014

3DS Friend code: 1950-8255-4764
    Friend Safari: Bug (Illumise, Ledyba and Venomoth)

Quote Originally Posted by Zena View Post
    Oh, sorry. I was pretty sure the ending credits song was titled Kiseki(Miracle) To be more clear on the song, it is the lyrics that appear on the bottom screen. The melody that goes along with those lyrics can be heard after this is done playing at the last screen you get before you press a button to go back to the main "continue save" screen. But this version is slightly different from the one previous. I'm sorry if I confused anyone on the matter and hope this clears it up.
    I don't think the tracklist has been released yet, so we don't have real titles. Could be wrong there, though.

Am I the only one here who got shades of Alcamoth from XBC in Anistar City's music?

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post

Just another tease. Seriously though, that song is amazing.

Thank you based Turpoo

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Seriously? That's strange. What could he possibly be working on? I guess we'll find out in due time.

Big fan of the Kalos legendary battle them. Much better than the Kanto legendary music.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast