Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon X & Y Music Appreciation Thread

I really like the kanto legendary theme, along with the team flare grunt theme and the gym leader theme =D

though i was disappointed with team flare's leader theme as it sounded blank if you compare to the grunts theme
    3DS Friend code: 1392-4485-7424
    Friend Safari: Grass type- Oddish, Ivysaur, Quiladin

Wow, this thread sure got active since I was here last...
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixfatih View Post
    I wish they would give Route 7 a different music. I appreciate that they made it very long to make breeding/hatching easier but listening to a good music while going back and forth would be good too.
    Heheh, I don't even use Route 7 to hatch eggs. I go to Route 15, since it's my favorite (and not just because of the music!). I did the same for Route 10 in Black and White.

Anyway, I always make a CD of in-game tunes, kinda like if they were made by an actual band and put out as albums. My imagination is kinda questionable, okay.
    My choices for the XY CD:
    1. Gym Leader
    2. Elite Four
    3. Team Flare
    4. Route 15/Frost Cavern
    5. Lumiose City
    6. A Terrible Past
    7. Sycamore
    8. Snowbelle City
    9. XYZ
    10. vs. Lysandre
    11. Industries (Power Plant/PokeBall Factory)
    12. Champion

But I'm probably gonna get the full soundtrack when it comes out. Nice to see that they're finally doing that.

I approve of this OST in particular.
    Last edited by Luxvan; 3rd November 2013 at 3:30 AM.
    Haven't been on here since X&Y came out.
    The opposing Metagross used Giga Impact!

Lysandre's Theme makes me want to join Team Flare. I love it sososososo much! His character is great, btw.
    Alpha Sapphire

Badges: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Luxvan View Post
    Wow, this thread sure got active since I was here last...

Heheh, I don't even use Route 7 to hatch eggs. I go to Route 15, since it's my favorite (and not just because of the music!). I did the same for Route 10 in Black and White.

Anyway, I always make a CD of in-game tunes, kinda like if they were made by an actual band and put out as albums. My imagination is kinda questionable, okay.
    My choices for the XY CD:
    1. Gym Leader
    2. Elite Four
    3. Team Flare
    4. Route 15/Frost Cavern
    5. Lumiose City
    6. A Terrible Past
    7. Sycamore
    8. Snowbelle City
    9. XYZ
    10. vs. Lysandre
    11. Industries (Power Plant/PokeBall Factory)
    12. Champion

But I'm probably gonna get the full soundtrack when it comes out. Nice to see that they're finally doing that.

I approve of this OST in particular.
    No need to imagine, the soundtrack is being released on CD.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

My favorites:

Lumiose City
    Laverre City
    Coumarine City
    Team Flare Lysandre music

Ahh those are my top. So amazing!

Does anyone else get a strong Pokemon Mystery Dungeon vibe when listening to the BGM in Anistar City?
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

I have to say that after hunting for a Piloswine in the Frost Cavern, the dungeon's theme had a bit of "The Legend of Zelda" feel to it, but that could just be me. lol

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Marbi Z View Post
    Does anyone else get a strong Pokemon Mystery Dungeon vibe when listening to the BGM in Anistar City?
    I haven't played PMD in a long while, but I do like the mystical tone of Anistar City's theme.

Image by もちづき
    ...Your tender smile and our petty squabbles...
    Just how much are all those supposed to have toughened me up?

For battle themes, I didn't feel much spark coming from them. The normal trainer battle theme triumphs over nearly all of the battle themes.

The Wild Pokémon Theme is very good.

The Gym Leader Battle Theme disappointed me as it sounds like a prolonged version of a rock concert's intro.

The Elite Four Battle Theme is decent at best.

The Champion Theme, at least it fit the setting it showed up, but the champion didn't look the part.

The Team Flare Grunt Theme sounded a bit too techno and tried so hard to sound overly evil, but Lyzandre's Theme sounds a bit better.

The Rival Theme seems like it went back to BW's Rival Theme, but at least it fit the other children better, but Calem/Serena seems unfitting for it.

No comments in the dumbed down Gym Leader Battle Theme for Wi-Fi Battles.

did anyone else think that some of the cave music was also in one of the pokemon ranger games
    Ya Mays comeing back for a small camo

I personally love vaniville[starting town] music i find myself listening to the music. I love the new age fell to it. Haven't done that since the johto games with ecruteak city and new bark town. i always seem be fond of the music in the beginning towns
    bushie
    white fc:2581 7084 0443
    soul silver fc: 4298 8231 5702
    WHITE 2 FC : 3182 9975 4292
    3ds fc: 4356 0302 3712
    HERE WE GO EAGLES

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    For battle themes, I didn't feel much spark coming from them. The normal trainer battle theme triumphs over nearly all of the battle themes.

The Wild Pokémon Theme is very good.

The Gym Leader Battle Theme disappointed me as it sounds like a prolonged version of a rock concert's intro.

The Elite Four Battle Theme is decent at best.

The Champion Theme, at least it fit the setting it showed up, but the champion didn't look the part.

The Team Flare Grunt Theme sounded a bit too techno and tried so hard to sound overly evil, but Lyzandre's Theme sounds a bit better.

The Rival Theme seems like it went back to BW's Rival Theme, but at least it fit the other children better, but Calem/Serena seems unfitting for it.

No comments in the dumbed down Gym Leader Battle Theme for Wi-Fi Battles.
    I don't know, I wasn't overly impressed by the wild battle theme myself. I preferred B2/W2 wild theme, but that's just me. But I found the gym theme surprisingly addicting. It was different, and I really liked it. It wasn't B2/W2, but it's a favorite, above everything from Kanto to Sinnoh. That, and the Elite 4 theme is easily my favorite theme in the entire game. I'd put it up as an all-time favorite as well, in any game I've played. Seems to be more fitting against the Battle Chatelaines, though.

Online, I only ever use the Gym Theme, Elite 4 theme and Rival theme. But dumbed down Gym theme? You mean the Successor Korrina battle theme? Yeah, it had a great intro, but I much prefer the normal gym theme.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

I have a new favorite. Sorry gym battle music. The Powerplant/pokeball factory music is strangely beautiful. It sounds so futuristic yet it still creates a sense of emptiness..... Dunno if im looking into too much but i love it.
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

I like the songs for the Trainer PR videos. I also thought I heard N's song in a house in Coumarine City.
    [IMG]http://oi40.*******.com/25998ut.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://oi41.*******.com/14uvsp4.jpg[/IMG]
        Spoiler:- credits:

Geosenge Town sounds so soothing. I like just hanging out there even if there's not a whole lot to do.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

The music outdoes itself every generation, I think. But where I think it really hit me was in Laverre City, since it reminded me of a classical song I used to listen to all the time while I was younger.

And I like the new Gym Leader theme and the rock/techno sort of mashup it has going.

Quote Originally Posted by fairytrainer View Post
    I like the songs for the Trainer PR videos. I also thought I heard N's song in a house in Coumarine City.
    Yes, there is someone in Comarine city who plays "emotion" if paid.
    I was so happy hearing it and I stayed in that house for at least 30 minutes listening to it.
    My Shiny Pokčmon (Since 2001): (X2)

Last update: 19/3/2014

3DS Friend code: 1950-8255-4764
    Friend Safari: Bug (Illumise, Ledyba and Venomoth)

Ummm can anybody link the Music "1", "2", "3", and "4" for online battles? I find them pretty nice, but I'll be too much in the battle to appreciate them. ^ ^;

Anyone saying Red is a good trainer please explain to me how he can have a Jolteon get OHKO'ed by a Thunderbolt. From a Rhyhorn.

Proud owner of an English Unnerve Mewtwo.

I'm currently in Sinnoh and Johto-Kanto at the moment. If you want to do a trade, notify me when as I won't be online in Kalos (Gen VI).

I, personally, think that the song being played during the fight with the Champion is really cool :-).
    Bluebird55's Battle-Beating Duo!

My Friend Code - 1891-1851-7972

I love the battle Music 9. Before you said because I'm a gen wunner. I don't just like Gen 1, I love all gen. Just that Gen 1 where it start for me

Lyndell's 3DS XL: 2380 2934 0909
    Bug Safari:
    Pokemon X Lyndell

Quote Originally Posted by Xaby View Post
    Ummm can anybody link the Music "1", "2", "3", and "4" for online battles? I find them pretty nice, but I'll be too much in the battle to appreciate them. ^ ^;
    Here you go. As expected, you can choose from all 11 battle themes in the game.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

I just have to say the music that plays when you get to the Elite Four Castle is suitably foreboding.
    Fact: All fanbases are unpleasable, deal with it.

Pokemon Red Team: Corona LV.53 Garland LV.44 Salt LV.47 Rime LV.48 Blitz LV.55 Buckle LV. 46 Badges: 8, Elite Four defeated.

Pokemon Crystal Team: Flower LV.62 Torrent LV.61 Echo LV.58 Shade LV. 57 Vortex LV.60 Brand LV. 60Badges: 16, Elite Four defeated, Red defeated

Ranked 5,823rd place in the VGC 2011 Autumn Friendly Tourney

I like the Shalour City song. It has a little bit of mystery in the sound...

Dat freaking Geosenge town music. It's so beautiful!!!! It's one of those tracks you just can't stop listening to once they start playing. It just completely pulls you in. Like a black hole.

Also, Lysandre's battle theme is cool as hell and Zygarde's is one of the best htings I've ever heard *u*

Spoiler:- Credits:

I sure wish we could choose the rest of the battle themes in the Battle Maison.

Maybe they don't want us to use Lysandre's Theme against a Fairy Tale Girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Ludo View Post
    Dat freaking Geosenge town music. It's so beautiful!!!! It's one of those tracks you just can't stop listening to once they start playing. It just completely pulls you in. Like a black hole.

Also, Lysandre's battle theme is cool as hell and Zygarde's is one of the best htings I've ever heard *u*
    I'm pretty sure Zygarde has the same theme as Xerneas and Yveltal.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast