Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon X & Y Music Appreciation Thread

Hmmm, for the pokemon twitter-
    There are more Pokémon video game soundtracks coming in 2014, so stay tuned!
    I remember they had a list of soundtracks they were doing. Does anyone have it?
    Last edited by diakyu; 13th November 2013 at 7:51 PM.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

I'm listening to the soundtrack on Youtube. Sounds much better than in-game for sure!
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post

It's every main series game since Ruby & Sapphire, including remakes.

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    It's every main series game since Ruby & Sapphire, including remakes.
    Specifically; Ruby & Sapphire Super Music Collection, FireRed & LeafGreen Super Music Collection, Diamond & Pearl Super Music Collection, HeartGold & SoulSilver Super Music Collection (Disc 3 includes all the tracks from G/S/C), Black & White Super Music Collection, Black 2 & White 2 Super Music Collection (Disc 4 includes the new tracks included on Emerald and Platinum, which had not been released previously.

So the only one that'll be missing is the the Red/Green soundtrack.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    HeartGold & SoulSilver Super Music Collection (Disc 3 includes all the tracks from G/S/C)
    Well, they're technically the GB Sounds versions which includes the chiptune versions of the HG/SS only songs.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    Well, they're technically the GB Sounds versions which includes the chiptune versions of the HG/SS only songs.
    Which really just makes it the OST for G/S/C.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Which really just makes it the OST for G/S/C.
    If we want to get really picky, the chiptune tracks in HeartGold & SoulSilver dont sound exactly the same as they did on the Game Boy Color due to differences in the technology (I've sunk several hundred hours into both the originals and the remakes, so I've heard all this music a real lot.), but they are so close that it doesn't really matter. :P
    4768-7442-5469
    Friend Safari

If you want my Friend Safari, please send me a PM so I can add you.

Quote Originally Posted by EverChanger View Post
    If we want to get really picky, the chiptune tracks in HeartGold & SoulSilver dont sound exactly the same as they did on the Game Boy Color due to differences in the technology (I've sunk several hundred hours into both the originals and the remakes, so I've heard all this music a real lot.), but they are so close that it doesn't really matter. :P
    They are the same, they sound differently for the reasons you said. The tracks themselves are identical, you hear more because the music is higher quality.

So like, I originally didn't like the elite four battle theme, felt kind of bland.

But then I realized how freaken adicting the build up was in the theme. Hot damn.

It's truly the most catchy out of all the themes.

I like the feel of the champion music better, same thing as the gym leader music, but they're so repetive and theres not much build up in the song... I get bored of it really quickly.
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

I just bought the Super Music Collection! I am right now listening to Kiseki, certainly one of my favorites! The way the song was presented in the credits was amazing!
    3DS Friend Code: 4012-4489-0237

My Friend Safari: Ground with Sandshrew (Slot 1), Camerupt (Slot 2), and Diggersby (Slot 3).

NNID: garretslarrity

Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu View Post
    So like, I originally didn't like the elite four battle theme, felt kind of bland.

But then I realized how freaken adicting the build up was in the theme. Hot damn.

It's truly the most catchy out of all the themes.

I like the feel of the champion music better, same thing as the gym leader music, but they're so repetive and theres not much build up in the song... I get bored of it really quickly.
    This gen's gym leader theme is probably the worst of them all, IMO. The champion theme is probably somewhere in the middle.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    This gen's gym leader theme is probably the worst of them all, IMO. The champion theme is probably somewhere in the middle.
    Glad to see someone agrees with me.

Still, the Trainer Battle Theme is the best battle theme of them all IMO.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

Regarding Lavarre Town theme: I was never really around the place enough to hear more than the opening, but man, now that I've heard the full theme, I can finally appreciate how well-written it is. I love the way it begins with a deceptively silly music-box waltz...then there's that little sweet pause, the strings and flute come in, the chord progression changes, and suddenly it's dramatic and almost tragic. It actually gives the location itself a lot more depth for me.

That's probably my favorite part of this OST, the way a lot of the tracks use somewhat simple chord progressions but always in an intelligent way. OSTs like Sinnoh's were beautifully done, but had so much complicated detail in the basic compositions that it was difficult for me to appreciate each piece, so they didn't evoke the pure, raw emotion that a lot of these tracks do. (Case in point would be the jazz piano arrange of Jubilife City's theme, which I listened to a while ago: I enjoyed it, but it was so intricately done that I couldn't really make it through more than 5 minutes of the 15-minute video.) Also the instrumentation of this OST, especially in the town themes and more orchestral pieces, is genius. So many little details, like the constant chimes in Lavarre's theme or the castanets in the more upbeat part of Snowbelle's...it's the kind of thing you could only hear in high quality on headphones, and yet it was included anyway. Must buy the OST very soon...
    Trying to fill my X Pokedex! Please PM me for my Friend Code if you'd like.
    My Friend Safari is Ghost with Shuppet, Pumpkaboo, and Spiritomb.

I've found most of the music in the game to be largely forgettable, but I absolutely love the music in the Lumiose Hotel. Reminds me of the music to Baten Kaitos which had an astonishing soundtrack.

Quote Originally Posted by garretslarrity View Post
    I just bought the Super Music Collection! I am right now listening to Kiseki, certainly one of my favorites! The way the song was presented in the credits was amazing!
    KISEKI is also one of my favorites in the soundtrack. I was just disappointed that they didn't include a vocal version. The french poem is the actual lyrics to the song.

Quote Originally Posted by Mi-tan View Post
    Regarding Lavarre Town theme: I was never really around the place enough to hear more than the opening, but man, now that I've heard the full theme, I can finally appreciate how well-written it is. I love the way it begins with a deceptively silly music-box waltz...then there's that little sweet pause, the strings and flute come in, the chord progression changes, and suddenly it's dramatic and almost tragic. It actually gives the location itself a lot more depth for me.

That's probably my favorite part of this OST, the way a lot of the tracks use somewhat simple chord progressions but always in an intelligent way. OSTs like Sinnoh's were beautifully done, but had so much complicated detail in the basic compositions that it was difficult for me to appreciate each piece, so they didn't evoke the pure, raw emotion that a lot of these tracks do. (Case in point would be the jazz piano arrange of Jubilife City's theme, which I listened to a while ago: I enjoyed it, but it was so intricately done that I couldn't really make it through more than 5 minutes of the 15-minute video.) Also the instrumentation of this OST, especially in the town themes and more orchestral pieces, is genius. So many little details, like the constant chimes in Lavarre's theme or the castanets in the more upbeat part of Snowbelle's...it's the kind of thing you could only hear in high quality on headphones, and yet it was included anyway. Must buy the OST very soon...
    To me, Sinnoh's themes were the most forgettable.
    And to simply summarize what you said, Sinnoh's themes were not as CATCHY as the other region's themes.

Kalos, while the arrangement are now fully orchestrated, the main melodies are not as complex and are easier to remember.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    To me, Sinnoh's themes were the most forgettable.
    And to simply summarize what you said, Sinnoh's themes were not as CATCHY as the other region's themes.

Kalos, while the arrangement are now fully orchestrated, the main melodies are not as complex and are easier to remember.
    Yeah, that's a very good point as well, definitely a lot more understandable than my ramblings. xD Although to me, Unova's themes are low on my list as well - I just wish Castelia's theme wasn't catchy...
    I also feel that, in comparison to Kanto or Johto (or Hoenn, even), Kalos' music has a much more varied style. Probably because there were more composers working on the latter, each of whom had their unique talents to bring to the project.

The soundtrack for the game is very impressive, but I'm not sure I'd go as far as to call it nostalgic/memorable. Some of the music isn't too bad, and I'm sure quite a few of them will reign supreme compared to previous themes (lol accidental rhyming ftw), but a lot of it is what I'd kind of already expected. Therefore my expectations for the music were relatively medium. I've managed to pick a favorite, however, and it's the Pokémon League theme. It's very catchy, and I've enjoyed listening to it continuously for quite some time now. Could they have done a better job with some of the other themes? Sure, but overall it was fairly average.
    Mon e s s e n t i e l.
    PM me if you'd like a signature.

Gfx deviantART tumblr

the elite 4 theme is my new favourite. dat guitar...

Officially claimed Dominic Santiego from the Gears of war series

Friend code:
    3ds: 2509 2089 0857

Black ice never dies. cut one head off, another two grow back. Just look in the miror and see that you will crumble before the might of Black ice.
    http://blackice.forumotion.com/

Visit the Black Ice youtube channel today and Subscribe!https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVU...PN_n9LOvZtmhxQ

I think the soundtrack is alright I far I can tell even good but not great. There are plenty of tracks that do stand out for me. That being the Battle! Elite Four/Four Heavenly Kings”, "Battle! Champion”, and "Battle! Lysandre” and a handful of over-world themes. I love the tracks though it not my favorite ost of the franchise. That right belongs to GSC/HGSS. Which I heard they were going to put on the other soundtrack on Itunes in the next couple of months or so! Yay me!

3DS XL Friend Code: 2036-7872-1965
    .:: deviantART | Tumblr | Hummingbird | YouTube ::.

Proper track credits have been added to the VGMdb page. I know Blazios had mentioned how horrible the iTunes tags were.

From a quick look it looks like Masuda actually had more involvement here than he did with B/W.

Proper track credits have been added to the VGMdb page. I know Blazios had mentioned how horrible the iTunes tags were.

From a quick look it looks like Masuda actually had more involvement here than he did with B/W.
    Thanks for the link! Interesting to see that the guitar was actually played by someone - I actually thought at a few points that the guitar synth was quite impressive, and now I know why. xD

Seems that Kageyama also wrote Route 15 and that Ace Trainer/Rising Star theme as well. Also seems that Minako Adachi singlehandedly wrote the Team Flare battle theme, and Lysandre's too? That's pretty interesting, given that Masuda appears to have written every other battle theme in the game. (But I could be wrong, because that list is mindboggling even though I'm double-checking it each time.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mi-tan View Post
    Thanks for the link! Interesting to see that the guitar was actually played by someone - I actually thought at a few points that the guitar synth was quite impressive, and now I know why. xD

Seems that Kageyama also wrote Route 15 and that Ace Trainer/Rising Star theme as well. Also seems that Minako Adachi singlehandedly wrote the Team Flare battle theme, and Lysandre's too? That's pretty interesting, given that Masuda appears to have written every other battle theme in the game. (But I could be wrong, because that list is mindboggling even though I'm double-checking it each time.)
    Prior to this Masuda always did all the battle themes, so that's an interesting change.

I'm playing Y with headphones for the first time since I got it on the launch date and loving those little details I hadn't noticed before-- that battle theme baseline; the fingerpicking on the Pokémon Center theme; the sheer awesomeness of the Laverre City theme... All in all, the soundtrack lives up to the exceedingly lofty standards set by pretty much all the past generations (Hoenn in particular).
    3DS Friend Code: 4382-2190-7197

Friend Safari: Phantump, Shuppet, Spiritomb

Looking for the following Friend Safari 'mons:
    ~Pinsir, Heracross
    ~Cacturne, Sableye, Absol
    ~Electabuzz, Galvantula
    ~Togepi
    ~Sunkern, Ivysaur, Petilil
    ~Wooper, Phanpy, Gastrodon
    ~Whirlipede
    ~Octillery, Wartortle, Poliwhirl

Please let me know if you have any of these in your Safari and would be willing to add me! :]

Masuda did music? So he does music AND programming? Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverevilchao View Post
    Masuda did music? So he does music AND programming? Wow.
    He's always done music. The First and Second gen soundtracks are almost entirely him. Go Ichinose contributed a bit to the G/S soundtrack. As the director, I don't think he does any actual programming.

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast