Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon X & Y Music Appreciation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    He's always done music. The First and Second gen soundtracks are almost entirely him. Go Ichinose contributed a bit to the G/S soundtrack. As the director, I don't think he does any actual programming.
    Ooh, I thought he was a programmer due to the Masuda Method, which he apparently put in himself?

How much did Ichinose contribute to this soundtrack? It doesn't really have that Johto feel to it, IMO :x

Quote Originally Posted by Silverevilchao View Post
    How much did Ichinose contribute to this soundtrack? It doesn't really have that Johto feel to it, IMO :x
    As far as I know, he didn't write anything new at all for X/Y OST. I think he composed the GTS theme, but that was rearranged by someone else, if I remember correctly. It's interesting because as far as I know, Ichinose has been working on every OST for years now, so I can't help wondering why he wasn't used this time!
    Off exploring Hoenn again

Quote Originally Posted by Silverevilchao View Post
    Ooh, I thought he was a programmer due to the Masuda Method, which he apparently put in himself?
    He did, apparently. And I'm sure he does some programming work, but I don't think it's a major thing for him.

This is the first time Ichinose hasn't done any music since G/S, he typically had the biggest part in all the soundwork after Masuda became game director.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

This is the first time Ichinose hasn't done any music since G/S, he typically had the biggest part in all the soundwork after Masuda became game director.
    Yep. Soriti Horse is to blame. But surely he'll be part of the Pokemon sound team on whatever comes next to XY.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Ah, so that's what he was doing. Most likely he will return, then.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Bought the soundtrack off of iTunes and I absolutely love it. Best $10 I've spent on music in a long time.

I really like this soundtrack. There isn't really anything I dislike. There are a few good themes like Emma's Theme.

When you hear the Jubilife and N remasters, you can really tell the sound quality has been noticeably improved.
    I'm a fan of Dendemille's celtic style. Together with Serena is in some strange way hauntingly beautiful. It's like a fond memory, but happening right now.

And those battle themes are really great.
    This signature is just a plot device to keep me moving.

The music of this gen is gold. pure gold. I like almost every track. Here are my highlights:
    i really liked the rising star/ace trainer/veteran encounter. I think it's the best trainer encounter theme in the whole series.
    the N remastered is absolutely beautiful!
    the towns and cities music is great specially camphrier, cyllage, geosenge, laverre, snowbelle and my favorite, coumarine.
    the route music is also great with route 8 and 15 being my favorites. They give me the feeling of adventure. And that victory road music is epic!
    Also, the cave theme is very good, paring with gen 1's rock tunnel and gen 2's dark and union caves. pokeball factory/power plant is brilliant.
    The battle music is cool all around with maybe the exeption of the surprisingly lackluster gym leader theme. E4's music is so pumping. Champion's theme is great, at par with iris's.
    I love pokemon music and while i don't consider this an improvement, it's certainly going to stay with me for the rest of my life.
    THE HYPE IS REAL! HOENN IN 3D! My favorite gen! <3 you GF

<3 you: greninja, furfrou, meowtic m, barbaracle, dragalge, aurorus, gourgheist, avalugg, noivern, yveltal, megaY, mega megamegamegamega

the very best:

Most recent order of VGM arrived today, so I got my X/Y soundtrack. Ripping the discs now, looking forward to hearing them in high quality.

I do love the music. Couldn't listen too it for awhile, but it is gold. And its the first game where the bike them doesn't drive me mad.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

Lysandre's Boss Theme, Successor Korrina, and Jublilife City are among my favorites. Especially Jubilife City, so many memories. Too bad the first two can only be heard once, oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Navarch View Post
    Lysandre's Boss Theme, Successor Korrina, and Jublilife City are among my favorites. Especially Jubilife City, so many memories. Too bad the first two can only be heard once, oh well.
    Ooh, I do love Lysandre's theme. And sycamore's
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

How many tracks are there on the download?

Quote Originally Posted by Colton S View Post
    How many tracks are there on the download?
    All 212 tracks. Same as the physical release.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

when you guys say N remastered im assuming you mean wavering emotion remastered?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

KISEKI is quickly growing on me. The videos of people singing it is definitely helping it.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    KISEKI is quickly growing on me. The videos of people singing it is definitely helping it.
    Is that the credits theme? If so, yeah. It's a bit corny, but damn if it isn't touching.

I love the music on Route 7 and it makes it even better that it is the egg hatching route! Thank you Game Freak
    Home is where the Hoenn is. 7.8/10 #TooMuchWater
    Current AS Team: Badges: 6

<--- Just Some Favs (Besides Mudkipz)

Pokémon X / Alpha Sapphire FC: 3497 - 0519 - 7105
    Electric Friend Safari:

Native Vivillon: Modern

I bought the soundtrack off iTunes and love it. Hated having to go through like 4 confirmation windows asking me if I really wanted to buy it, though. Of course I want to friggin' buy it, dammit iTunes!

Too many songs I like from the OST, but these are some of my favourites:
    -Friendly/Rival themes
    -Santalune City theme
    -Lumiose City theme
    -Laverre City theme
    -Xerneas/Yveltal theme
    -Bike theme
    -Head-it theme

So, the one music that really stood out to me was... The gym leader battle music!! I plugged in some really awesome headphones into my 3ds and holy shnikey!! It was pretty thumping! So freakin' catchy, I am really glad they made it available for online battles and the Battle Maison!! O.O
    Check out my Twitch channel for Pokemon viewer battles and giveaways!
        Spoiler:

Question: The XY OST has 200 or so themes. Does it include music from other games beside XY? I mean, I don't think this game has that much music.

Quote Originally Posted by YonaNoveau View Post
    Question: The XY OST has 200 or so themes. Does it include music from other games beside XY? I mean, I don't think this game has that much music.
    It does. There are a few tracks at the end of disc 4 that are from Red/Green and then their newer counterparts from Pokemon Origins.

Sweet, I should seriously consider getting it.

When I say a few, I really mean it. 10 tracks total are not from X/Y. 5 from R/G and then 5 from Origins.

When I say a few, I really mean it. 10 tracks total are not from X/Y. 5 from R/G and then 5 from Origins.
    Seriously? Then the other 190+ actually come from XY? Never realized there were that many songs. I guess many remixes around.

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast