Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon X & Y Music Appreciation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by YonaNoveau View Post
    Seriously? Then the other 190+ actually come from XY? Never realized there were that many songs. I guess many remixes around.
    Every soundtrack is this way, they're all unique as well. Keep in mind that there are usually 50 or so sound effects.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Every soundtrack is this way, they're all unique as well. Keep in mind that there are usually 50 or so sound effects.
    This is actually the first time I have paid attention to a Pokemon OST. Didn't know sound effects and such were included.

I really like Laverre City's music!

"Small but Brave! Keldeo the Hero!!"

3DS FC- 4141-3093-5467

FS- Flying Safari- Hawlucha,Woobat,Spearow

Please add me to your Friend Roster!

for me best one is battle against team flare grunt
    but total feels came while fighting mewtwo - rby old music yeahh

Has anyone figured out what tracks on the OST correspond to the optional battle themes for the Maison and online battles?
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
        Spoiler:- Friend Code & Trade Offers:

Quote Originally Posted by GravityStorm View Post
    Has anyone figured out what tracks on the OST correspond to the optional battle themes for the Maison and online battles?
    Music 1: VS Trainer
    Music 2: VS Wild Pokémon
    Music 3: VS Rival
    Music 4: VS Gym Leader
    Music 5: VS Korrina (Mega Evolution)
    Music 6: VS Team Flare
    Music 7: VS Team Flare Leader
    Music 8: VS Legendary
    Music 9: VS Mewtwo
    Music 10: VS Elite Four
    Music 11: VS Champion

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Any idea on how many battles must be done to receive each track?

Also, when I fist heard that the TF Scientists would be battled, I hoped that they would at least get their own Tracks.
    But, of course, it didn't happen.
    But, then again, only Galactic had seperate themes for their Admins/Commanders in the Main-Games.
    Sigh.

I like Lysandre's Theme, but it could've been a little more, well, different from the actual Team Flare Theme, IMO.
    Doesn't matter, though, as it's still brilliant, but, eh.

Jubilife City Remix, VS. Lysandre and Succesor Korrina are probably my avorites, though.
    Too bad you can't hear Lysandre and Succesor Korrina as many times as you want, though.
    And Jubilife City, ah, the memories.
    I wish that track could play over the entire Region if you wanted to :0
    Last edited by dirkac; 4th December 2013 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Any idea on how many battles must be done to receive each track?
    For the Battle Maison, you only get the first 4. Unless my 86 win streak isn't enough, somehow. Which makes sense, seeing as they gave Music 10 to the Maison leaders anyway. As for online battles, I believe they should be available as soon as you beat the main story. I've noticed for local battles with friends, though, only Music 1-4 is available. Online friend battles gives you all 11 tracks, though.

I like Lysandre's Theme, but it could've been a little more, well, different from the actual Team Flare Theme, IMO.
    Doesn't matter, though, as it's still brilliant, but, eh.
    I have those same thoughts, actually. At this point, I don't really mind that it's similar anymore.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Quote Originally Posted by Psynergy View Post
    For the Battle Maison, you only get the first 4. Unless my 86 win streak isn't enough, somehow. Which makes sense, seeing as they gave Music 10 to the Maison leaders anyway. As for online battles, they should be available as soon as you beat the main story. I've noticed for local battles with friends, though, only Music 1-4 is available.

I have those same thoughts, actually. At this point, I don't really mind that it's similar anymore.
    Ah, okay.
    It was just that on the site,t says that you must participate in a number of Online Battles to unlock them.

It's just that most (excluding Rood, Giovanni, Zinzolin, and I guess Archer) other Boss Themes have been rather drastically different from the Grunt Themes, so I was just kind of expecting such.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Ah, okay.
    It was just that on the site,t says that you must participate in a number of Online Battles to unlock them.

It's just that most (excluding Rood, Giovanni, Zinzolin, and I guess Archer) other Boss Themes have been rather drastically different from the Grunt Themes, so I was just kind of expecting such.
    Huh, it does say that. Guess that's a mistake, since I had them as soon as I battled online the first time.

Yeah, that's exactly why I was expecting a different theme as well, and why I almost expected them to have some surprise leader after Lysandre. The similar theme made me think that he somehow wasn't the big leader for a second. Of course, it's still a Pokemon game, so I was kidding myself when I thought there'd actually be a surprising plot twist. Still, it goes to show how much of an impact music has on the game.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

That's a really great selection, much better than I expected. Though there's really no choice here; I gotta' go with VS Mewtwo.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
        Spoiler:- Friend Code & Trade Offers:

I really love the Super Training music (both Standard and Secret). To me they're wasted as minigame music, would much prefer them as battle themes.

All credit to SM of Daedric Design for this awesome banner!

Y Team: Talonflame, Roserade, Aegislash, Goodra, Blaziken, Greninja
    3DS Friend Code: 1160 - 9940 - 3351
    Rock Type Friend Safari: Nosepass, Onix and Barbaracle.
    I has officially claimed

Quote Originally Posted by GildedScizor View Post
    I really love the Super Training music (both Standard and Secret). To me they're wasted as minigame music, would much prefer them as battle themes.
    Speaking of Super Training, the Secret Super Training theme reminds me of a Phoenix Wright theme (more specifically the latest game). Anyone else agree?

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Speaking of Super Training, the Secret Super Training theme reminds me of a Phoenix Wright theme (more specifically the latest game). Anyone else agree?
    I haven't played a Phoenix Wright game in years, but I can sort of hear that.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I really like the Elite Four music. It has electrical guitars and it sounds rad!

One Author, One Creator and Two boys. Set in Johto. Where everything is not what it seems. For they must flee from the group called the Grammar Police. And saved the World from an unknown threat.

Credits to ~BrightStarVictory~ of Subspace Generate Graphics!

So Bad It's Good and, So Bad It's Good 2: War of the Turkey

Oneshot(s)! It's-IT'S. It's.....Something. Caution: May shatter your sanity. Read, if you dare.....

My Author's Profile

I'm happy that this is on iTunes. The champion theme is so pretty.

☆ Maya Fey: Ace Pokemon Trainer
    Carry On, BlisseyThe Other King☆
    Advancers Tumblr
    Banner by Sworn Metalhead at Dćdric Design ✠

Favorite themes would probably be both the team flare grunt and leader theme as well as the champion theme :P

My favorites are Flare Grunt, Xerneas/Yveltal , and the Origins themes. The Champion theme is good too.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Mewtwo's battle theme is one of the best. Probably incredibly biased because of nostalgic reasons, but whatever.

I also enjoyed the battle theme when fighting Yveltal, and most of Team Flare's music.

I was incredibly disappointed with the Champion theme, however. I don't mind when there is a tone of cuteness, but they went overboard on this one. It definitely doesn't feel that climatic as it should.

But overall, the soundtrack is great, and very fitting in most places.

I was impressed with the game's music overall. Especially when I got to Shalour City. I stood in front of the Tower of Mastery for 10 minutes just taking it all in. And I wish I could battle to the Secret Training Regimen music. It's rather epic.

When I first heard the Gym Leader Battle theme, I didn't think it was that great tbh. But then I listened to it a few more times, and I started to like it a lot more. I think it's because it's so different compared to the other gen leader themes; it's much more techno, and has a slower tempo. It reminds me of Battle Revolution's OST a little . Secret Super Training's theme does sound like it would fit in Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies pretty easily XD.

I absolutely love the Trainer Battle theme this gen. That guitar <3.
    ~Graoo!~

~Mightyena lover and Shiny Hunter~

[Pokemon Y Friend Safari: Fire--- Magmar, Larvesta and Braxien]

what i love about xy music i think its the theme song in laverre city and the champion diantha battle mode

My personal favorite tracks from the game were Lysandre's battle theme, the Succesor Korrina battle, and the Elite Four battle.

The song for the credits of X/Y, "Kiseki" is hands down the best ending theme for any of the main series Pokemon games imo.
    **Seeker of the North Wind**

My Team in Pokemon X:
    Chesnaught (Chester)
    Charizard (Charla)
    Sylveon (Ribbons)
    Hydreigon (Draco)
    Carracosta (Abby)
    Zubat (Batty)

My Team in Pokemon Y:
    Greninja
    Charizard
    Gogoat
    Aegislash
    Gardevoir

Shinies so far: Vivillon, Octillery, Panpour

I really love the music in Cyllage City and Laverre City, best music I could think of at this moment.

I really wish these where all available a the Maison and not jut the first 4. If I am going to be battling up to a high streak then can I atleast listen to some of the more awesome tacks, would be so good as I love the TF music.
    Team Shut-down
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles, Trades and Friend Safari (Dark Type: Pawniard, Sandile & Inkay).
    STOP SENDING ME FROAKIE VIA WONDER TRADE!

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast